Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Who Do you Wish to Become?

Started by visualspice, November 14, 2013, 02:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Leif stared at her for a moment. He.. hand't expected that, considering she had just ignored him for the past few days. Eventually, he turned from her and went to gather some paper from his desk, before he handed it over to her with a sigh.
"Is that all?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

Valentina nodded slightly and took the papers in her hands. Damn it. She didn't need any stupid papers, she needed to get this argument gone.

"Yes.. Thank you, I appreciate it." she bowed her head and just stood there for a few seconds until finally looking towards him "I should probably go now." Valentina said looking at the papers and turned around still hesitating whether to say anything.

visualspice

He wasn't a fool. He noted the awkward tone in her voice and called her name when she moved fro the door.
"Valentina.." and here, he sighed and looked up into her face.
"Perhaps.. we can .... discuss the masked ball over dinner." He stood there, shifting awkwardly as he frowned. He couldn't believe he was saying that. "It.. might be possible for us to... consider attending this event."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Caerina

She found herself with a childish smile on her face as she beamed up and looked over at him.
"Really?" she asked "Of course, I'll be there!" Valentina dropped another smile towards him and then with a small 'thanks' left the room, already preparing her arguments for the dinner.

visualspice

As Valentina seemed to 'frolic' out, Leif just shook his head. But even he was smiling, albeit it only a little as he moved to stare down at the invitation. Well.. perhaps a masked ball might not be so hard... but what should he do with Attie? His wife had no idea he was hiding away his 'dead' sister in their other manor home and to leave here for such a long trip. He swiftly penned a letter to the Duke of Allar before moving to go prepare himself for dinner.

Seems quail was on the menu again as he took a seat at the table alone with a glass of brandy. He'd need a good drink before Valentina showed up.

Caerina

Hope. That was what Valentina felt the entire time while she was preparing herself for dinner. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking but she wanted to think that there were solid chances for the ball. At this point she wasn't even sure why she insisted so much on this anyway, it was just a ball after all...

She entered the dining, trying to keep her composure. Valentina sat at her place at the table reluctant to begin this... Awkward conversation.

visualspice

Leif watched as his wife entered the room, and for a long while, he simply studied her, affording her a smile and bow of his head as she took her seat. But as dinner went on an they shared some meaningless, idle chit-chat, eventually, Leif got the nerves to bring up the invitation again.

"So about this masked ball.." he began, pausing as he cut his meat to gauge Valentina's reaction. After all, he had to tread lightly here.

Caerina

Valentina was on the edge of her seat most of the dinner, barely eating anything and trying to be patient. After a while, when Leif finally mentioned the ball she took a sip of her tea, taking her time and trying to think about it all once again. Although she seemed calm on the outside... She wasn't, she was shaky and on unknown ground. Every step from now on could be a trap...

"I have given it some thought." she said finally. And she did think about it for the past few days intensively. "And I would really like for us to attend."

visualspice

Leif only stared at her for a moment when she admitted this.
"I am.." he said, trying to choose his words carefully. "Aware of that." And here, he cleared his throat. "I know I've upset you in my... decision, and perhaps it is unwise if we were to go, but I have heard news almost all of the dukes will be in attendance- and all of their sons." Sighing, he glanced away from her, realizing he had to play 'pretty face' for his parents. It made him feel vulgar to think he was a simple puppet.
But on the same note, after receiving a pressing letter from his father (one that was informing him he had better be in attendance), he realized, more and more, that Valentina was right. One event might not kill them. But even still, he felt bitter for it.

"What I mean to say, Valentina, is it would be prudent for us to attend." And he cleared his throat again and looke ddown at his partially eaten quail, suddenly not very hungry. "Though perhaps not for the full evening, to be safe. But we can remain in the capital for the week. Though I fear the unrest, like th eother nobles should, I suppose it is our duty to go." And at that, he lifted up his wine glass and took a drink.