Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Imprisoned! Again! (Spice)

Started by Paradox, January 05, 2014, 05:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

"Rotten?" Laighean frowned. "Ah dinnae think ah was tha' bad..." He was completely missing what she actually meant by that and it was only when she continued on to hint at his intentions that he understood. "Oh."

Shit. So maybe she had fancied him then and wanted something different than he was accustomed to.

"Aella, wait..." He reached out for her hand but his passed right through hers. All she'd feel of him would be a chilling sensation through her arm,  "Please , let me explain."

visualspice

Feeling him pass through her, she gasped and whirled around, and felt the full force of his ghostly form send chills throughout her body. Stumbling away, she shook her head and clung more tightly to her towel.
"Laighean! Please just go!" she begged, tears clearly streaming down her face. "Please.." she said, stopping just before her bed as she shook. "I already feel foolish enough as it is." And she gave a wipe to her eyes, but the tears kept coming.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Laighean backed away , looking as though he'd just been slapped. He averted his gaze to the floor and nodded, unable to find his words for a long , silent couple minutes as he listened to her sobs. His shoulders sunk down and he hung his head, his tone sounding somewhat deflated, dejected ," Alright, princess. Ah'll go if that's what ye want. " He moved away to make his exit out the way he'd come from. He paused before passing through the wall, "Yer right about one thing. Ah should nae 'ave kissed ye like that. " He paused, contemplating on whether or not more than that ought be said or if she cared to hear it, " Ah should nae 'ave lied t' ye either, but when ah asked ye if ye fancied me , ye said nothin' an' ah felt -  " he sighed and shrugged, "Ah dannae. Silly, confused. Ah joost...ah wish ah could be tha' kind o' man, Aella. But look at me. What kind o' future do ah 'ave like this? Ah dinnae want t' 'urt ye with false 'opes, but ah...ah'm sorry . Ah was selfish." 

visualspice

Aella looked up into his eyes, the confusion obviously there as she asked, "What?"

What did he mean? She said nothing to what? And she felt herself growing angry as she was confused as more tears rolled down her face. How could he say such things? No way? But he had been alive before! Was there no cure for him? Didn't Draven and Laighean go on about something of the sort? In all honesty, she didn't understand it, but she DID understand love- or how she wanted to believe it worked and to her- love could conquer anything.

"And it's a little too late. You've already hurt and embarrassed me. I thought you had actually liked me, I thought.." And she tried to blink back more tears. "That.. that... you, you were actually different and despite being a mage and all that.. oh by Angsar's name. My mother is right! I'm a silly, silly girl!" And she spun away from him and began to sob.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Laighean stared helplessly at her back and flinched at her crying."Ah'm sorry. Ah know ah messed up and ah dinnae mean to. "He told her pathetically,  " Aella, don't say that. Ah do like ye. Why do ye think ah came all th' way 'ere t' check on ye? And yer mother's wrong. Yer nae silly at all. Yer um...a girl. " That wasn't insulting, right?

visualspice

Despite his words and attempts to comfort her, Aella still sobbed.
"Please.. please just go. Before someone finds you here,"s he choked into her pillow. It was honestly too much for her, no matter how much poor Laighean tried to reason.

Paradox

The fact that she refused to give him a chance , to listen stung more than her asking him to leave did. Whether he deserved it or not, Laighean felt the profound sting of her rejection and found the weight of that pain and guilt more difficult to bear than he imagined. He'd heard people speak of feelings like this and how devastating it could be to one's mind as well as the heart, but he'd never experienced it in-spite of all the women he'd fooled with. He'd cared about all of them , but never let himself become attatched to the idea of any of them...

and then there was Aella and...well, his thoughts and feelings were a mess.

He found his voice again around the tight lump in his throat and nodded, his voice quieter and joyless. Not like Laighean at all. "Yer tired and it's late. Ah- ah'll see ye another day , ah s'ppose." Maybe, maybe not. He turned to leave but paused and turned around and moved over to her bed. He leaned over her and placed something on her pillow, "Ah'm so sorry. Ah 'ope ye kin find it in yer 'eart t' fergive me." He said softly and ,turning, he left her room the way he'd come. And the object he'd left on her pillow was a rose made of ice.

~

What he wasn't expecting were the guards waiting for him right outside Aella's window below under the tree. "Aha! There he is!" One of the guards spotted him an pointed at the descending ghost and by the time Laighean noticed the man, he was close enough to get caught in the light of another guard's torch as he rasied it. The light broke the curse and Laighean fell several feet, landing on his back in the middle of the ring of waiting guardsmen. "Ohhh..me back."

"I don't need to explain why we're arresting you again, mage." The lead guard sneered at Laighean as he and his men seized him and forced him to his feet . Laighean said nothing and offered no resistance as his arms were twisted behind his back and he was led away in chains for the second time that night.

~

And he found himself back snugly in his dirty, cold cell once again. The crabby old inmate next door was snickering, "I knew you would be back. No one escapes!"

Laighean didn't seem to hear nor care about the old man or the guards taunting him. He took a seat on the floor quietly and sighed. He thought of Aella, lowered his head and buried his face in his hands.

((A rose which will probably melt on her pillow and make it all wet. Serves her right! Bwahahaha!))

visualspice

Aella didn't bother to lift her gaze from her pillow. Sobbing into her arms for some time, she eventually bumped the chilly form of something resting on her pillow and she gasped ad shot up. Her heart now in her throat, she was surprised to find a flower made of glass (or so it appeared) laying on the pillow and she stared at it in fascination before reaching to grab it. Though she jerked her hand back with a blink. It burned.

"A rose of ice.."
Staring over at the window, she heard some commotion below and stared out in the night, watching as Laighean was taken away. Her heart fella nd her stomach, twisting into knots, but when she moved towards her door, she found it locked again and despairing, she collapsed onto the ground and sobbed well into the night...

But elsewhere, something worked in the shadows, and as the jail finally calmed down an the hours rolled well past midnight... a breeze swept through the hall- snuffing out the torch light. Though one still burned at the other end of the hall, the back corner of Laighean's cell went dark.

"Laighean.." The voice came as a sharp whisper, and if Laighean would have taken notice, he'd see Draven's face melting through the stone.

Paradox

Draven may as well have been speaking to a wall. Laighean sat there in his cell with his back to his brother, head bowed and face in his hands. If the youngest prince of Aerona was aware of his brother's ethereal presence, he didn't acknowledge it. At the moment, he felt to wretched and past the point of giving a damn.

visualspice

Frowning, Draven took a step out from the wall, but remained cloaked in the shadows there in. He had to be cautious- light loomed everywhere, and he didn't want to be trapped like Laighean was.

"Laighean..." he hissed again, before his hesitation subsided and he finally stepped out into the dim lighting. Noticing his brothers sullen form, his frown deepened as he placed a hand upon his shoulder
"Come on, Laighean. Why don't we talk about this when we get home? There was a portal, on the other side of town, near where Duchess Melora's city home is. I think we might be able to get back to Aerona from there. Things are... just to tense here and I think the grief of losing mother is affecting us all."
ANd after a moment, he paused to add, "And I'm sorry I haven't included you in somethings, Laighean. I just worry about your and Fiona's future."

Paradox

Laighean didn't respond at first, but after a moment he swallowed back the tears and lowered his hands with remorseful shake of his head, " There's nothin' t' go home to but a cold, empty , cheerless an' ruined castle, " He replied bitterly, "Ah mighta ad' a chance at 'avin' a good thing fer once an' ah freaked out. " He covered his face again and fought hard not to cry in front of Draven, "Ah'm sooch a fool. "

visualspice

Draven, not completely realizing his brother was heart broken (as that seemed inconceivable) moved to step forward before lowering himself onto his haunches.
"This world is not our own, Laighean. This place might look ten times better than Aerona, but that's because Aerona still has yet to be saved. You'll see. We'll be able to fix this, all of it, and then you won't have this home sickness looming over you. But you can't just rot in jail. I won't allow."

And at the noise of a guard, he frowned.
"Someone comes... " and he gestured towards the shadows. "We can escape back there. It's the way I came in through..." Though as he turned, he only thing noted his brother's tears.
"Laighean?"
Was he that upset over their mother? He supposed even he himself had shed a tear or two for her-but most of his emotions had been swallowed down, tucked away-
He could mourn another day. For now, he had to focus all of his energies on saving his kingdom from this seemingly incurable wrath!

Paradox

Laighean didn't reply to Draven as the went on about Aerona. It wasn't that Laighean had truly given up hope on home so much as he was sinking into his guilt and shame deeper and deeper. He loved Aerona a hundred times more than Connlaoth. Of this there was no question, but there was one thing Aerona did not have. Rather, someone.

When Draven gestured to him to hide in the shadows with him, Laighean just sat there, " Ah've made sooch a mess fer 'er. Ah joost...should 'ave stayed away. An' nae 'er mother's probably going to- . Ah 'ad no idea. Ah thought she was jest bein' nice. No one's ever...liked me in that way before. Ah dinnae think anyone ever would."

visualspice

Draven blinked.
What was his brother going on about?
"You mean Duchess Melora's girl? Are you're.... mourning over her? Come on, that's not like you, Laighean. Besides, she's probably promised to someone- though I know that doesn't mean much to you, but her mother isn't someone to trifle with. It took a lot of sugar-coated words to get into that woman's good graces, and don't think it was so easy. COme on now, we can talk about it when we get back to the Inn. The guards are coming..."

Paradox

"Her name is Aella," Laighean spat a bit more defensively than he intended to. Shaking his head angrily, he sighed, " Don't ye think ah know tha' , Draven? " Everyone in the family knew Laighean's skirt-chasing nature. How he chased after the lasses, bedded them one or several times but seemed perfectly content not to pursue anything of a serious nature. Laighean was not the proper prince as his parents had hoped for. 

Sure, things had been different in Aerona but it wasn't as though he'd never encountered nobles from other countries before whom ran their courts much differently. And he knew well how parents could be extremely protective of their children. Especially their daughters!

Laighean sighed, " It wasn't like me, " but maybe something in him had changed over the years? "An' ah know what 'er mother is like. Ah talked t' the bitch, m'self. "He picked himself up off the ground and melted into the shadows. "Ah'm only goin' fer Fi. " He told the man stubbornly. Well, it was mostly the truth. 

visualspice

With his.brother in tow, he moved like a panther, stalking through the streets and.keeping to.the shadows.
"Fiona had gone to the party," Draven brought up as they walked. "I remember you promising me she was safe and going to stay at.the inn."

Paradox

Laighean snapped back as he followed behind his brother,"She was safe. Ah cannae 'elp it tha' she got curious. Ah'm sure she's fine , Draven. She's nae a child anymore.  Besides, ah remember you promising me a long time ago that we were a family and we were 'in this together' , but we never really were part of Draven's grand heroic plans. Ye kept leavin' us behind because you were 'protectin' us. If we need so much protectin' then why are ye leavin' us alone all th' time? Mother told us we 'ave to stick t'gether."

visualspice

Draven was getting sick of.his brother's complaining. He didn't understand, or.they'd never be arguing right now.
Taking him by the arm, he jerk Laighean so he was forced to look at him as they passed beneath a lamp light.
"Laighean, listen to me.  We are working together. Just because everything can't be done with all three of us does not mean we are not all playing a part of this. What if Fiona was with me and got hurt? Or worse, killed.aighean. You need to trust me. Don't you trust me? We're brtothers. You know I would do nothing to harm.you or Fiona. Its why I can't tell.you everything. You won't listen to me since you're too stubborn but I need you to protect Fiona. Don't you understand? How.can I ever forgive myself if she were to die? Or even you? We've already lost the rest of.the kingdom. I don't want to lose the rest."

Paradox

Laighean ripped his arm free of Drave and spat contemptuously in his face, "We? There's never been a we since ye started keepin' secrets from us! Don't ye DARE go wavin' words like trust in me face , brother. Ah may 'ave done some reckless things in me time, but ah'm nae th' one 'oo lies to me family repeatedly. Ah'm nae th' one 'o treats 'is brother like a fool in public regardless 'o his actions. Ah've 'ad yer back, always an' ye damned well know it. At the very least, if we're to be joost sittin' back and lettin' ya call the shots then  ye should 'ave respected us and trusted us enough t' tell us yer plans. What am I to do when yer plans fail an' yer th' one in trouble, Draven? It's all fine an' well to protect us, but who is going to protect you ? Where is Clan Flannchadh without its King?  If anyone is 'avin issues with trust 'ere, 'tis you!  " He poked Draven sharply in the chest with an accusatory finger. "Ye seriously underestimate Fiona and me."

visualspice

"A king is worthless without it's kingdom," Draven snapped back, coldly. "My title would be worthless, and I would feel worthless, were I to continue to let it fade. This includes my family, Laighean. Besides, if something were to happen... the kingdom would at least have you."