Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Even ten feet of snow won't stop me! [hiddenblade]

Started by Lloyd Orodelo, February 06, 2015, 08:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Orodelo

The Kilanthro mountain range, a land of mysteries and challenges. Their snow covered heights were legendary for taking the lives of the adventurous. The wind were giving frostbites even the strongest people on Le'raana. And a man wanted to brave them anyway.
    And that man was Lloyd.

--

Climbing the mountain range, the tall man was walking in the white snow, atop the mountain. His head was covered by a bear pelt made into a hood and a cape. A huge backpack on his backpack and his trusty battleaxe was visible under his cape, since the wind was making the cape flow around Lloyd. His brown eyes were gazing in the distance, like if he was looking for something or someone. But he wasn't.
    Lloyd was humming a song about legendary warriors and how you should have their might and cunning to stay alive in this cruel world. As he took a deep breath, he smelled a peculiar scent in the wind. "A snowstorm is is due for later today hun? i should keep an eye for it, even though it seems it won't be here befere at least sundown."

After another few hours of walking and humming, the wind started to rise and the snow was raining from above. Lloyd mumbled that it wasn't his luck, that he thought he could have another few hours before the storm would actually hit ground.

"I should maybe head somewhere safe now." He said, lost in his thoughts.

After walking for a while, The tall men found a cave, or at least a cavity big enough to give him shelter for the night. Right on time it seems, because as Lloyd entered the grotto, the wind blew hard outside and the snow turned the air white and a blizzard was born.

He dropped his bag at the entrance and raised his axe. Adopting a battle stance, he scouted the cave. The last thing he wanted was to have a bear eating his face while he was sleeping.

thehiddenbeast13

As Lloyd was scouting the cave, a large mountain lion stood up and shook its fur for a moment. It was obviously trying to make itself known. This was no ordinary mountain lion, this lion had a large pendant around its neck with two ribbons holding it up and small chains wrapping around its body, it was even a very dark shade of black!

The mountain lion looked at Lloyd for a moment, almost observing the traveler and his axe. The large feline then simply sat down, tail cautiously swaying left to right in a almost rhythm. The mountain lion once again shook its fur and simply looked at Lloyd with its moon like eyes.

The large feline didn't seem to see Lloyd as prey...yet. The cat simply tilted its head and cautiously lowered itself down to the ground to continue resting, the pendant around its neck slightly clattering along the ground as it did so. The mountain lion didn't trust this man...not one bit, but what choice did it have with such a harsh storm just on the horizon?

Lloyd Orodelo

The lion seemed to remain calm, so Lloyd lowered his axe. "I guess we have to share until the storm is over." said the man from a safe distance.
    After a moment of observation, Lloyd went back to the entrance and, dragging his backpack behind him, settled near the lion. Again, from a safe distance.

After stacking a few logs he had brought with him, Lloyd prepared a ring of rocks to contain his fire. He chopped a log and prepared the fire before lighting it. "I hope a bit of fire won't scare you, my mighty friend. It's just to keep us warm until I find someway to bring more wood safely inside."

thehiddenbeast13

The lion yawned and watched as Lloyd did his own work until lightning struck the wood he had set down only a few moments ago. The large feline flinched, but seemed to be okay.

Then, something odd happened. The lion was beginning to change into a odd form. This form had less hair, clothes that matched the lion's fur, the same moon like eyes, the same ribbons, and the same pendant. This, was the form of a man! The man was in the same position as the lion had been in, legs down and head between paws...er hands.

The man looked around for a moment before sitting upright, letting the two ribbons holding his hair flow onto his back and the chains on his clothing to lightly sway with his clothing. The man smiled and said,"Thanks for the fire, it was absolutely dreadful staying in that form...with all the cold and wet fur, I much prefer being in a warmer area in that form." He chuckled for a moment and added,"Oh well, if mother had to put up with it so do I." He then turned his attention to Lloyd and asked,"Oh, I almost forgot to ask how you knew the lightning would strike there?"

Lloyd Orodelo

" I actually knew it, I am a diviner, I can see the futur from time to time." Lloyd took a few moments to realize that the lion had actually changed his form and had talked to him. At first he thought his mind was connecting to the lion, as he always did with wild animals. He then turned around and actually jumped a little, seeing a man sitting where the lion was before. He starred at him, not sure if he should strike or invite the man to share a meal with him. He went for the second option, since the man didn't looked hostile.

"Don't be shy and get closer to the fire or you'll catch a cold." Proposed Lloyd, a smile brightenning his face. "I won't allow the fire to get bigger since we can't allow it to burn all our wood in one night." Lloyd ran his fingers in his beard before resuming. "My name is Lloyd Orodelo, nice to meet you." He said, offering his large hand for a shake.

thehiddenbeast13

The man smiled and firmly grasped Lloyd's hand before saying,"The name's Beo Perlin." After that, Beo said with a bit of a chuckle,"A little fortune teller are we?" He smiled as he scooted closer to the warm, but small fire. He rubbed his hands together for a moment and held them over the fire before saying,"It's been quite the cold one today, even with the extra fur." He smiled at his statement and took his hands away from the fire.

At the mention of firewood, Beo pondered for a moment and said,"Wood? I think I saw some small trees not too far from here, but I think that's a bit of useless information when there's a wave of white powder pouring down outside." He then laid back and tried to relax in the fire.

Beo stretched for a moment and sighed, it looked like they might be in here for a while. He wished the storm would just disappear, but that was beyond wishful thinking. He yawned for a moment and finally asked,"So, what brings you here?"