Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

More Than Just a Splitting Headache

Started by visualspice, May 14, 2014, 07:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @Gregor Dampierre

This takes place during year eight of the water after the 'Dekka-dence' thread labeled on the timeline.

------------

The Grand Duke's Palace was in chaos. Guards were constantly marching the hall, and security was doubled on every floor, even tripled around the living quarters ever since the King of Thieves escaped from the march to the gallows and the Grand Duke's adviser, Vesrik Delcheux, was laid up and recovering. He had suffered a nasty attack, that would have been fatal had there not have been a doctor on the premises that day. And given the circumstances and his age, it was uncertain how long his recovery would be. And consequentially, before the Grand Duke arrived back from his trip to Hellvion, Lady Valia Chandos had gone missing. There was some letter left in regards to her 'returning to her husband on her own'; but the second word got back to him- well...

Needless to say, things were in chaos, and Grand Duke Calent Allarrick's head was pounding. Lady Valia Coleridge, having run away and now as kidnapped, his wife, (he also found out..) was pregnant, and was in hysterics; a known mage had escaped the gallows and the Grand Duke's adviser was out from the count; and for all he knew, this was permanent. This left the Grand Duke utterly alone. Where on occasion he'd seek out is wife's council, he couldn't even go there because she wasn't even sure what to do with herself, and it took every an excruciating amount of effort to keep her in the castle and not going chasing after her sister like a loon. He wondered if these spontaneous frenzies ran in her family, but he felt his own sanity fraying.

It was just to much. All of it. The war outside, the war at home. Everything. Thankfully the doctor had something to give him for his pounding head, so he could be at least somewhat amicable and cognitive when Lord Dampierre arrived.

Lord Gregor d'Avesnes Dampierre was a trusted man, a man who's father knew Calent's father and kept in close relations to him, even throughout the war. Though his expertise so far had been on war politics, it was still a big help. But then again, any little bit helped, and now that he was without his trusted adviser, he wasn't sure where else to turn. Audric seemed a world away, and he had no one else truly closer to him. But This Lord Dampierre was a tactical man, so instead of calling in a Duke (Duke Audric of Allar) and take away a ruling Duke from his Duchy, he went for the more practical solution instead.

A letter was rushed on horse back to Lord Dampierre's estate, and it was confirmed he was on his way to the palace now. Good. Calent rubbed at his temple. He needed all of the help he could get. Despite his position, the Grand Duke's seat was by no means a one person job.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Laderic Dampierre

Long had it been since the world had a moment of time to put ink and paper together to craft a letter of honesty.. It was no lie that the Dampierre family has had every connection to their own, tracing the happenings of the war, as well the recent events that have transpired in relation to the Grand Duke's affairs. Despite this however, the family was not expecting a formal acknowledgement from his majesty himself, in regards to the current head of the Dampierre family: Gregor d'Avesnes Dampierre; first of his name, and the Lord-Ruler of Hainaut, the very land that his family once fought violently against another in desirable control.

It was not but a few hours beyond daybreak that the message had finally reached his desk. Once the formal seal upon it was addressed, he wasted little time to read the content of the message.
Surely enough, the man had instructed his family and servants to make preparations for his immediate departure to the capital. Once such arrangements were met with haste, he made off with swift intent, lacking the desire to delay his meeting with the Grand Duke, considering all that has recently unfolded these past few months along... As well, he felt it his opportunity to have his voice heard on matters connected to the war, of which has been plaguing his thoughts for numerous days now.

Matching the swift departure he had taken but what felt a days time ago, -though he was unsure of how long it was to the point- Gregor arranged for his steed to be groomed and fed properly after such a rushed journey, and with no hesitation, made his destination directly to the Grand Duke's hall, where he brushed his heavily structured form past that of the guards who lacked the need to halt him and ask of his identity, as his family's armor was identifiable well enough to the majority who even knew of the Dampierre name..  His form finally came to a collapsed state against the solid, stern doors that sat between him and the grand hall, slowly easing them forward and out of his path, allowing him to proceed now at a more calm and subtle pace into the room, where he intended to find the Grand Duke sitting in most certain frustration.

Once his attention was met with that of the Grand Duke, he simply approached, bowed his head gracefully and allowed the silence of the room to settle once more after the echoes of his heavily-set armor had faded from stern memory..

"His Majesty, Grand Duke Calent Allarrick. I, Gregor d'Avesnes Dampierre have come upon the formal summoning that you addressed to me, and glad I am to stand within your halls once more, after such a long absence from court." The solid, raspy voice the large man carried only made attention to his seemingly obvious experienced 'aura', as some addressed. It almost seemed as though most who laid eyes upon Gregor, could tell right away the likelihood of his long years dedicated to war, and if not at a glance, surely upon hearing the man's vocals, that some have told ring the echoes of scars he faces, each time he cuts down his enemy..

visualspice

"Lord Dampierre, thank you for coming so expediently," the Grand Duke said as he rose before the other gentleman. "And I apologize for calling on you in such a manner, but I fret circumstances are becoming dire. I trust you've read in the letter that my adviser is unwell? I'll be frank and to the point, it was the mage whom escaped the dungeons that had done this to him, and we're all thankful Lord Delcheux is still alive, however, it leaves me in a precarious situation where I am down a most crucial and trusted adviser." And he gestured to Lord Dampierre with a white gloved hand.

"That is where you come in. I am aware of your reputation, and the trust our families have shared throughout the years. I am calling in on that relation and noting the reputation in hopes you'll accept what I am proposing to you today, for I need an adviser indefinitely, and though it might be a short while, it is uncertain how Lord Delcheux will be once he has recovered." Pausing a moment to release a sigh, he went on.

"With this war still proceeding, I need all of the aid I can get." And with a nod, he asked, "So do you accept, Lord Dampierre? This position here at Court? You shall have your own wing in the palace, and remain close at my side as the war is reviewed and appropriations are made. It is no easy job, but you are more than qualified for the job. Experience and blood speak volumes to these ears."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Laderic Dampierre

With the echo of the Duke's words ringing throughout the halls and upon the noble lord's ears for a few moments among silence, Gregor had taken to his knee after drawing forth his hefty, two-handed claymore blade that held odd inscriptions upon the blade that wrapped around, as though like that to a serpent upon its pray..
  Once drawn from its sheathe, Dampierre took to resting the sharpened tip upon the chilled granite floor below him, and with a subtle click, his armor had come into direct contact with that of the ground through his knee. Despite his sitting position, he had taken to maintaining a stern eye connection with that of the Grand Duke, and as silence began to swallow the air once more, it was yet swept away..

"His Grace Calent Allarrick would have of his servant serve at his side, and assumes the possibility of any answer but the one he seeks? Unlikely.. I shall serve you by name and strength alike, my Lord, until the final breath either of us draws from this physical realm to that of which you rule.. This, I swear upon the Dampierre name, and that of my Grandfather.."

visualspice

The Grand Duke gave a nod in Gregor's direction. His reply sufficed, and he was grateful his journey was not in vain. He presumed the man would accept, not many men would be so foolish not to. There was a lot of power that came with being at the Grand Duke's side, but also a lot of challenges to be faced. There would be a lot of briefing that would need to be done, but he knew by reputation Lord Dampierre was clever, so devoting the time to it would be of no consequence; after all, how could one advise properly if one did not know all of the quirks?

There were perks as well, which would be drawn up in a contract, naturally, but the verbal acceptance was of course the first step.
"Accepting this position requires a lot of new responsibilities. Though I'm sure you are more than prepared for such a job. I'll have my lawmen draw up a contract of the official title, much in the same way my father had done when employing Lord Delcheux." And he grew silent a moment, reflecting on what had become of him. Lifting his gaze back to Gregor, he gave another nod.

"Follow me into my private study. We can discuss more there. I'm sure you're eager to know about the particulars. I can show you your side of the palace. You'll have your own study, room and bath, I hope that will be to your liking." And he gestured for the man to follow him as he made his way towards the door.

He paused the second they entered the hall before a servant who offered up a goblet of wine. Accepting it with a nod, he turned to Lord Dampierre and gestured to the second filled cup.
"Feel free to accept some wine. It's from Allar, of the finest vintage. I'm sure you'll need a drink after such a journey."