Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Searching For Customers (OPEN)

Started by Sentinel, October 12, 2014, 06:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentinel

Astrauld moved into the Keep of the Grand Duke's Palace as quietly as he could. Let's not draw attention, Astrauld, he thought. It's the last damned thing we need.

In a sense, he was right. After all, nobody with a line of work such as his would want negative attention. What he wanted was positive attention. He needed work. His business: assassination. His price: loyalty. He knew one thing, and that was if there were high profile customers, there would be high profile hits.

He brushed shoulders with a guard who gave him a funny look. Astrauld, attempting to read his mind, caught but two words. ... dangerous fellow...

Such an accurate assumption. But he needed more. He needed to get by someone with some power.

Perhaps even the Grand Duke himself.

Astrauld continued to wander through the maze of people, attempting to stay unnoticed, when a guard finally approached him, clad with silver armor and armed with a shield and a longsword. "Sir, you need to leave," he demanded.

Astrauld chuckled as he analyzed this man's body. Even at six feet tall I still have to look down on this poor man. Maybe being seven feet tall wasn't a good idea for this line of work.

"Under what authority can you tell me to leave and for what reason?" Astrauld asked. "Just because you've got that butter knife doesn't make me scared." Astrauld drew his two hooked blades and the guard slightly shrunk back, observing his opponent. Astrauld awaited the guard's next words. Perhaps this would be his next kill.