Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Blood We Share [M]

Started by visualspice, October 21, 2014, 09:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Sorry this took so long for me to reply! Aside from being busy with craft fairs, I was trying to brainstorm how I wanted to set up this scene and write it~

---------

It happened so fast, like a summer storm. By the time Igna knew the fighting had begun- it ended, and the most she had to do was raise her sword and shield and be at the ready. Those in the front line were the only ones to see action, but it didn't take long for Duke Harmond to cut his way through and get to the Duke of Ahjfeld.

Upon hearing the roar of victory from her own army, she had to do a double take all around her before finally releasing a held breath.

"Was that it?" she couldn't help but smile. "The fighting lasted all of five minutes."

But before she had a chance to say any more, her Duke bellowed for the gates to be open, and suddenly archers from the castle walls began to fire.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

The fighting started in an instant. Despite of having grown used to spontaneous violence, he was never prepared for it. Because of the suddenness, he had no time to get into any advantageous firing position. Only once during the short skirmish had he fired his rifle, for there were hardly and good targets to shoot at with minimal risk of hitting allies.

The fighting ceased just as quickly as it had begun, which was also no surprise. Jacen heard Igna make a comment about how short the fight had been, but before he could respond archers began raining arrows down upon them from the walls. Jacen, being a rifleman, had no shield and thus was vulnerable the missiles raining down from above. Instead, he did the only thing he could think of, he took cover behind Igna so that he could borrow her shield. Hopefully she wouldn't mind.

visualspice

Igna braced herself, shield ready, but what she wasn't ready for was Jacen joining her, and when an arrow hit off the shield, she nearly lost it.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Though she didn't object, Igna had obviously not been prepared for Jacen to join her. The first arrow that struck the shield nearly caused Igna to drop it, which would be very bad indeed. Jacen reached up and grabbed Igna's arm to help steady the shield so that she wouldn't drop it.

"Hold tight to that shield," Jacen told her. "I'm going to take care of those archers. This may get a little loud."

Using Igna and her shield as cover, Jacen took aim at one of the archers. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as he exhaled slowly to steady his hand. It was him and the archer. Jacen pressed down on the trigger, mentally counting down how long this man had to live.

Once he hit zero, the rifle fired. The crack of the rifle was a familiar sound, but not always welcome considering that he knew what it meant. The archer jerked backwards as if he had been punched in the chest, staggered backwards a few steps, then tumbled off the back of the wall.

Jacen quickly ducked back behind Igna as an arrow narrowly missed his head and began reloading. This was war. Kill or be killed. The rest would be sorted out once the river of blood had ceased.

visualspice

Inga grit her teeth as arrows continued to fly at them, a few striking off her shield.
"Are they aiming to.take out our whole army with archers?" She cursed. "Cowards. If they want to defend this castle, they should come down here and fight!"

Wicked Basket

"Be careful what you wish for," Jacen told her as he downed another archer. "Standard military doctrine is to soften up the enemy with archers before charging in. You just might get the fight you're looking for, but don't want."

visualspice

Igna grew silent. She knew he was right, but her instinct to fight kicked in, and she simply adjusted her shield.
"Let's get closer to the front. The battle is ours if we can get the whole army inside the gate."

Wicked Basket

Jacen sighed.

"If you say so," he replied.

He didn't know the futility of trying to persuade her otherwise, but he figured that letting her actually experience combat would be the best way for her to figure out what it was really like. He would protect her and watch her back as best he could. He didn't want her first combat experience to be her last.

visualspice

Moving carefully away from the town square, Igna moved slowly towards the front gates. A lot of her fellow soldiers were doing the same, keeping their shields up and making their way towards the front, and as she and Jacen were getting closer, things got more compact, and all Igna could do was hold the shield and keep her sword low, and hoped that her own men wouldn't trample the pair of them. But the moment of chaos, though dizzying as it were, had it's brief moment of reprieve when she lifted her head at the bellowing call of her Duke-
and soon the gates were completely pushed open- and the army was funneling in through.

Wicked Basket

As the armies moved to clash with each other, Jacen knew that it was time for him to move. Riflemen didn't belong on the front lines. He needed to move, but he should probably let Igna know first.

"My place is at the rear," Jacen told her. "I'll keep working on those archers. Good luck."

With that, Jacen slunk back towards the rear of the army and kept firing upon the archers. The more he could take down, the less there were to kill Igna, or anyone else for that matter. This was his job as a rifleman. He would have to let Igna do her job as a swordsman; or swordswoman in her case.

visualspice

Before she had a chance to reply, he was gone. And she found herself pushed along in the dizzying moment, nearly trampled by her own men. But the second she was stepping through the great iron gates and hearing the heavy foot falls of armor clad men and the cries of battle, she too, was releasing cries of her own, raising her sword and charging right in.

Wicked Basket

Jacen did what he was trained to do; aiming, firing, and reloading again and again as arrows flew past. Being that he was an immediate threat to their safety, some of the archers saw fit to single him out as a target of interest. Several fellow rifleman and archers had been hit already, but Jacen was still standing and thus continued firing.

visualspice

This was chaos if she had ever seen it. The numbers of men the Duke of Ajhfeld tried to muster were no match and as his men tried to rally and storm forward, they were struck down without a second thought- and their dead bodies, trampled upon as the army from Turgall pressed forward. Though she had yet to raise her blade against another, she was still tense and sweating from the battle, and as they continued to move towards the inner castle, she peered over at the front gate, and silently prayed that Jacen would be okay.

Wicked Basket

As the forces of Turgall advanced, the archers began to fall back from their position atop the city walls. One of the archers let loose one last arrow before departing, grazing Jacen's right upper arm. Jacen, in return, shot the man dead as he tried to run. With adrenaline still coursing through his veins, the wound brought no pain. Jacen advanced behind the army in order to continue to provide covering fire. As he moved forward, he couldn't help but wonder if Igna was alright.

visualspice

By the time he'd be inside the castle, Igna was already whisked away even deeper inside. She had no idea where she was, but when she, and a large band of men who had followed the duke, halted at the end of a long, velvet rug, she found herself holding her breath as the duchess slowly rose from her chair.

Wicked Basket

Jacen followed close behind the army. It seemed as though they had managed to get within the castle. Jacen made his way through the crowd to see what they had all fought so hard for, hoping that it was worth it. It turned out to be a woman, presumably the Duke of Turgall's sister. That was simple enough. Maybe they could all go home now.

Jacen's thought's were suddenly interrupted as he remembered something, or someone. Where was Igna? Had he passed her on the way in? Jacen began scanning the crowd, hoping to find his female companion. The battle had ended quickly. Surely she had not even seen combat and must be alive somewhere. At least, that's what he was hoping.

visualspice

But it wasn't the Duke of Turgall's sister that stood before them, but the Duke of Ajhfeld's wife. And with arrogance, she raised her head- and didn't bother to waste her breath on Blaith Harmond. Instead, she spat on him.

And a second later, she lost her head.

Igna watched in horror as it happened, and she couldn't tear her eyes away. It was like some sort of a bad dream. And before she knew it, more men within the castle, soldiers and servants alike were swarming them. And she found herself needing to draw her steel again.

Wicked Basket

Jacen instantly spun around at the sound of a sudden commotion. The woman had been decapitated. Apparently that wasn't the duke's sister. Before he could even be shocked by what had happened, they were swarmed by the enemy. Jacen, having been searching for Igna, was horribly out of place. He would have no choice but to fight hand-to-hand without armor or a shield. Jacen hip-fired his rifle into the nearest enemy soldier, downing him instantly. The next one he clubbed with the stock of his weapon. This was not a very ideal situation for him to be in. The chaos of melee combat was not where he belonged. While he had been trained in close combat from his time as a soldier, he was a bit rusty. It was time to see if he still had it in him, as if he had a choice.

visualspice

Ignorant to her partners situation, Igna found herself finally getting to use her blade, but the first man that swung at her almost knocked her blade from her hand. At her fumbling, he pressed forward, a few more men flooding from behind him and into the throne room. But before they could get another slash in at the downed woman, more Turgallian soldiers from behind her came to the rescue, and soon those men were clashing steel with steel.

Wicked Basket

Jacen was finding it increasingly difficult to fend of men wielding swords and shields with only an empty rifle. While his affinity with a spear did help him a little, a rifle was much more unbalanced and unwieldy to be swinging around compared to a spear. While he had been holding his own thus far, the next man to face Jacen was a bit more observant. The man wore a helmet, but Jacen did not. As their weapons became locked together, the soldier brought his head down upon Jacen's unprotected skull. Jacen fell to the floor, his vision blurry. Before his adversary could finish him off, he was rescued by Turgallian soldiers. Jacen could feel something trickling down from his forehead and down to his nose. He was obviously bleeding, but he didn't have time to care. Quickly recovering his rifle, Jacen began trying to work his way to the rear now that there were friendly soldiers between him and the enemy.