Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Blood We Share [M]

Started by visualspice, October 21, 2014, 09:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

By the time reinforcements were there, Igna regained her wits, trying to steel herself, but the moment of battle was so chaotic, she feared she'd freeze up. And she continued to watch the battle in horror when she recalled the duchess.. and what had become of her...
and thought back to all she had lost.

Gripping more tightly onto the blade, she stood at the ready. If soldiers were to come this way, she'd be more ready this time to help them defend this area until the bitter end.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Now finally away from the front lines, Jacen could reload and assess what was happening. It seems as though they have been ambushed by enemy soldiers within the castle itself, creating a small but chaotic battle royale. Ranged weaponry was useless in such a tightly packed space. There were no good vantage points or safe places to fire from that didn't put his allies in danger from his own projectiles. Having limited options, Jacen moved to the rear to ensure that the army was not ambushed from behind as well.

visualspice

The chaos that exploded was terrifying. Those who were still left on the opposing side either tried to surrender as they realized they were out numbered and their leaders- no where to be found (unless you count the dead body of the duchess...)

As the airs began to clear out from the retreat, Igna found herself standing there, heart racing so fast that when it all seemed to be over, all she could do, was stare.

There int he throne room, the Duke of Turgall himself tore down the flag of Ajhfeld and drew another from his pocket, and replaced the one that draped over the thrones with that of the small duchy of Turgall. And it was only then did Igna turn to observe her Duke walk past her, and lines of his own soldiers following, to where outside, he commanded the Ajhfeld flag to be lowered, and once it was, another Turgall flag was raised, and this one flapped high over the castle.

And as Igna stared at the victory flag, she realized, in that moment, she had no idea how to feel.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Jacen watched as the Turgall flag was lowered only to be replaced by the flag of Ajhfield. It appeared as though they had won, and yet there was still no sign on that duke's sister. Jacen, however, was not concerned with the whereabouts of the duke's sister. He immediately began searching for Igna. It might take awhile given the sheer number of soldiers that had been recruited, but he was determined. There would be no resting until Igna was found.

visualspice

There was talking... murmurs among the men. The duke's sister was not here, but it was not entirely unexpected. But to have it confirmed that the duke's sister was, in fact, a prisoner in the mage camps, had all of the soldiers on edge.

And the result was going around in a flash flooding rumor-

They were to march on Fort Dhagh.

Igna just remained, watching as the flag flapped against the sky- now clear of snow. She didn't even notice that her lips were trembling, and if someone were to ask, she wasn't sure if it was from the cold.

Wicked Basket

Jacen paid no heed to the murmurs among the soldiers. His frantic search continued until he spotted her staring at the flag of Turgall. Igna. Jacen rushed over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Igna," he exclaimed. "It's good to see that you are alive and well."

visualspice

She could have jumped clean out of her skin. Jacen's voice broke her from whatever shock she was stuck in. Then she turned to him, staring at him for a moment before finally sputtering out,
"You're bleeding." And found herself reaching towards the wound.

Wicked Basket

As soon as she had mentioned it, Jacen remembered that his head had been bleeding. Jacen's hand made it to the injury before Igna's. As soon as he touched it he cringed slightly. The wound was tender. Jacen brought his hand down before his face and looked at the blood on his fingertips.

"It appears as though I am," Jacen said simply.

Igna probably had not noticed the wounds on his arm yet. It wasn't as obvious and his black attire would make the blood stains more difficult to see. Despite his minor injuries, he was still happy that Igna had come out of it unscathed.

visualspice

Frowning, she kept her brown eyes on the wound.
"We should get that cleaned up. Seems as if we'll be marching again soon. And who knows if this castle will offer any more surprises."

Wicked Basket

"Again," Jacen asked. "Why again? Is the Duke's sister not here?"

visualspice

Sighing, she nodded her head.
"It turns out she's been taken to one of the mage camps inside Fort Dhagh."
And saying that fact outloud made her feel as if her belly were full of cold, hard lead.

Wicked Basket

A fort? Attacking a city was one thing, but a fort was something else. Forts were garrisoned by well-trained, well-equipped soldiers and had much better fortifications. Jacen had been in forts before, and they were no laughing matter. Did this duke really think he could take down a fort? Even with an army this size, there would be considerable casualties unless this duke was some kind of miracle worker.

"That doesn't sound good," Jacen replied.

Once again, his injuries didn't seem so important anymore.

visualspice

Igna's frown deepened.
"No, it does not." But she pushed that fact aside, as it was just too much to swallow at the moment.
"Here... I've got some supplies. Let me at least dress your wound." And as she reached forward, her hand touched blood. And her eyes widened as she realized he had more than one wound, and the second one seemed a lot worse than the first.

Wicked Basket

Jacen looked at her as her eyes widened.

"What?"

Then he realized that she had just found the cut on his arm. Now that he looked at it, it might be more than just a minor cut. It still didn't seem too serious though.

"Oh that. The archers didn't appreciate being shot."

Despite all the hell that had taken place thus far, he still decided to make one small attempt at humor. Maybe he could lighten the mood a bit, even if for just a brief second.

visualspice

Humor or not, Igna was not going to take this lightly. She held on a bit more firmly to him, her eyes hardening.
"Don't brush this off, Jacen. We can't have you bleeding to death. Come on," and she gestured with her head for him to follow her- noticing a vacant area just outside of the throne room where she could help tend to his wounds.

Wicked Basket

Jacen sighed and followed Igna. He didn't know why it was such a big deal. He wasn't hurt that badly. Still, Igna was not the kind of woman you could say no to. She was stubborn and strong, which wasn't too unusual for a Connlaothian woman, but she was different somehow. Maybe it was his imagination. Regardless, he needed to let Igna play doctor or he would never hear the end of it.

visualspice

She gestured to a stone slab in the corner.
"Sit." And she waited for him to do so before removing her pack and beginning to rummage through it, bringing out supplies- bandages and ointments while commanding him to, "Remove your shirt. Let me see how deep you were cut."

Wicked Basket

Jacen sat down like he was told, but paused when she asked him to remove his shirt. He didn't know why that made him pause, but he figured that it would give her the best access to the wound. Jacen took off his cloak and then lifted his shirt off over his head. The cut did look a bit worse now that he was seeing it unobstructed. Jacen sat and waited for Igna to carry on with the treatment.

visualspice

Where he paused, so did she, and she hadn't meant to, or had planned on it. But to see Jace without his shirt, sweat slicked over his muscles and the blood still clinging to him...
something about it gave pause, and she found herself fighting to swallow, as her throat had become dry.

Tearing her eyes away, she moved forward, taking a clothe and telling him, "I'm going to apply pressure. It seems the wound is still bleeding. We have to get it to stop before I can do anything to help."

So quietly, but gently, she pressed the cloth to the wound, and kept her eyes focused on that.

Wicked Basket

Jacen let Igna do what she had to do. She obviously seemed to know what she was doing and Jacen trusted her. He sat silently for a few seconds, but then decided to break that silence.

"So," he began. "What did you think? Was combat all you thought it would be?"