Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Blood We Share [M]

Started by visualspice, October 21, 2014, 09:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She sighed, relieved for his question as she found herself unable to contain a smile of relief.
"Hardly.. I.. barely did a thing."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"That's not necessarily a bad thing," Jacen said with a sigh.

He had done things. Several of those archers were now dead because of him. It was horrifying how easy it was to take a life. One pull of the trigger, and someone was dead. It was unsettling to have such power over someone's existence like that.

visualspice

At such a remark, she frowned and finally lifted her gaze to him, those dark eyes of hers seeming to ask more questions than her lips.

"I joined this fight to help."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"Many of us did," Jacen replied solemnly. "But don't you wish you could help in some other way? Do we always have to kill? With every life I take, I feel less and less at home. If my countrymen are my enemies but also my friends, then whose side am I on? Where do I draw the line?"

visualspice

For a long moment, Igna studied his face, her eyes never leaving his. Her hand, still applying pressure to his wound, remained where it was as she released a sigh.

"I don't know. This world... this country.... I can't help but feel.... lost."
Did that make sense? She stared at him curiously. Did he fell the same way? Was he this confused and is that why his remorse made her own, grow?

Wicked Basket

Jacen didn't say anything and looked down at the floor. He remained silent for what felt like ages before speaking again.

"Am I doing the right thing? Is putting my family in danger now worth ensuring that they can live peacefully in the future?"

visualspice

His comment just about destroyed her, and she grit her teeth in hopes to hide the pain.  They had marched this far not in vain, and not in doubt. And when she hoped for courage, all she found was the same questions, the same fear.

Angrily she looked away,  down at his wound and glaring. She noticed the blood had stopped. And that made her sigh with some relief. But she ignored his question, his concern and fixated on his wound care, a clean clothe now produced as she worked at wiping off the drying blood.

Wicked Basket

Unsure of how to take her silence, Jacen said nothing and went back to staring at the floor as she cleaned his wound. It seemed that no one had an answer for him. That question had plagued him ever since he began fighting and has never left him, always lurking somewhere in the back of his mind. Jacen reached up and idly began picking away at the dried blood on his forehead as he continued his quiet contemplation.

visualspice

As he moved to fuss over.the wound on his head, she cleaned off the cloth she was using as best she could, and moved to clean his forehead. But she did so in silence, her eyes distant with her thoughts.

Wicked Basket

Jacen's hand moved aside to allow Igna access to his forehead and went to this lap. His sister would have a fit if she saw him so beat up like this. Jacen quickly pushed those thoughts out of his mind. Thinking about home would only make him feel worse. The silence between him and Igna were unbearable, but he could not think of anything to say. Asking her if all of this was worthwhile seemed to have struck a nerve, but he was too afraid to ask her for fear of losing his friend. Having exhausted all of his options, he decided to go for broke.

"I'm sorry if I said anything to upset you."

visualspice

She knew the silence couldn't last, so when he finally spoke, she released a heated sigh and looked up at him.
"No, I just was.hoping for a better answer."

Wicked Basket

Jacen gave her a confused look.

"An answer," he asked. "But I was the one asking the question. What answer are you looking for?"

visualspice

And for a long while she simply stared at him.
"To my confusion.... but it seems were are both lost here." And she dropped her gaze.
"Though I'm ashamed to admit I'm doubting anything, and we really should keep our heads- after all... what we do here..."
And she lifted her eyes to his.
"We're doing it for our family. For the ones we love. And for our future, even if we do not have one after this."

Wicked Basket

"The future," Jacen repeated softly.

The future was not something he thought about often, but that didn't mean he had never thought about it before. His mother had always told him that one day he would find a nice woman and settle down somewhere, but he never saw that happening. He had only ever cared about Marie's future.

"I'm not sure I have much of a future," Jacen told her.

visualspice

Perhaps she too, felt the same. But something compelled her to speak back.
"This is our future." She told him, lowering the cloth and looking clean into his eyes.
"We are soldiers. And this is our path, however difficult or confusing it may be. This is what we chose, and if you can saw that being apart of an army isn't much, fighting for what you care for isn't much.... then why are you bothering to fight at all?"

Wicked Basket

"Because I have to," Jacen replied. "Because my family can't fight for themselves. Because I don't want my sister growing up in hell. This is not what Connlaoth is supposed to be. This is never what Ansgar intended to happen."

visualspice

At that,s he gave a nod and a small smile.
"That's what I wanted to hear."
And needed to hear.

Wicked Basket

Jacen looked at her quizzically. What did she mean by that?

"I didn't know that that kind of question had a right answer," Jacen told her returning a small smile of his own.

visualspice

"If we were here solely for us, it would guarantee our death. Selfish pride is never a solid reason to raise a sword. But a family.... a family is worth giving your life for."

Wicked Basket

"That's not the only thing," Jacen said looking up at Igna.

After realizing what he just said, he blushed and quickly looked away. Did he really just say that?