Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Blood We Share [M]

Started by visualspice, October 21, 2014, 09:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It wasn't until Jacen averted his gaze did Igna realize what that could have meant, and despite the cold, her cheeks heated. She too, looked elsewhere, not knowing what to say-
Except when seh recalled she hadn't dressed his wound yet, she tried blinking away the thoughts and went back to work.

"Here... before you start bleeding all over the place again." And she went about tending to his arm wound.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"Oh yeah," Jacen said, relieved for the topic change. "That would be bad."

Jacen still couldn't believe he had said what he had said. Why did he say that? Igna, fortunately, didn't say anything about it. He simply sat and allowed Igna to dress her wound so as to not risk letting anything else embarrassing slip out of his mouth.

visualspice

Now that his wound was cleaned and she had a better, closer look at it, she frowned.
"That looks deep. I may have to stitch it closed."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"Stitches? Is that really necessary?"

Jacen was really not fond of sharp object being anywhere near his body. That's one of the reasons he used a rifle or a bow. He did used spears, but the point was far away on the end of the shaft. But if Igna said he needed stitches, he was going to be getting stitches.

visualspice

She frowned.
"Perhaps not, but should we risk it? An injury, no matter how small, could do a great deal to harm you, Jacen. It would not be wise for us to tempt fate now."

Wicked Basket

Jacen sighed.

"If that is what you think is best," he replied.

Hopefully she had careful hands and it wouldn't hurt too much.

visualspice

With a sigh, she gave a nod.
"While we are resting, we might as well. No sense in carrying an open wound if I have the remedy to close it."
And she pulled out a thin leather strap and held it to him.
"Feel free to bite onto this, just in case it really hurts."

Wicked Basket

Jacen took the leather strap with a slightly worried expression.

"It's not going to hurt that much is it?"

visualspice

She sighed, but afforded him a rare smile.
"No... but it'll make me feel better that you have it.. just in case."

Wicked Basket

What Jacen was about to say next made him smile before he even said it.

"If it hurts too much you'll kiss it, right?"

visualspice

At such a question, her brows raised as she stared at him.
"If you consider a punch to the face a kiss."
But she too, had a hard time keeping back a smile.
"Come on, you've survived this far with the wound open. A little stitching will hardly hurt."

Wicked Basket

"On second thought, a kiss doesn't sound so good when you put it that way," Jacen replied, the smile still remaining.

"Just be gentle with the stitching."

visualspice

Igna stared at him for a brief moment, then lowered her head, shaking her head, but not shaking away the smile. She was as gentle as she could be- stitching through flesh was not the same as cloth. But she was careful to consider the reaction of his body to each dragging of the thread through it, and each prod with the needle. When she was through, she cut the thread with her teeth and tied it tight.

"There... right as rain."

Wicked Basket

Though he wouldn't have considered it an enjoyable experience it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. The prick of the needle wasn't so bad, but the feeling of the threading sliding through his skin was weird.

"That wasn't so bad," Jacen commented as he examined his stitched wound.

Jacen stood up and wobbled a bit. His head was throbbing where he had been hit now that he no longer had adrenaline coursing through him. He may have had a small concussion, but he wasn't sure. It probably wouldn't last too long though.

visualspice

Igna watched him stand and promptly glared.
"What are you doing? You should be resting."

Wicked Basket

"I can't rest," Jacen told her. "If we are going to be marching again then I need to clean my rifle and make sure it's working properly. I need to make sure it's sighted in properly, and that there are no cracks anywhere...."

visualspice

It was here Igna sighed.
"Then I suppose I could help. I didn't even get a chance to use my sword. So sharpening it would be pointless. Just tell me what I can do."

Wicked Basket

Well that was not the response he was expecting. He had been expecting her to scold him or something and tell him about how important it was for him to recover, but she wanted to help him instead. As to how she could help him he wasn't sure. It really only took one person to carry out rifle maintenance. The only way she could help is by doing it for him, but he doubted that she had as much experience with a rifle as he had.

"It's not really something you can help with," he told her. "It's only a one man job. The only way you could really help me is by doing it for me."

visualspice

"Oh? Is that a fact? Or are you just protective of your rifle?" And that, by the smirk on her lips, indicated her jest.

Wicked Basket

"Well, seeing as how it is the only reason that I managed to live through today I would say that I am rather fond of it, yes," Jacen replied. "What do you even know about rifles? Have you even ever fired one?"