Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gone With December [M]

Started by visualspice, December 01, 2014, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

At her last words, Killian released a chilled sigh.
"That is the only thing I can pray for.... Change... but change for the good. What world this is.... it's like Hell on earth." And he grit his teeth at the idea he no longer had his limb because of it- and may have also lost the love of his life for it, too.

Solita was back at the castle, and who knew what horrors she might endure beneath the Grand Duke's clutches. And he allowed it all to happen-
But did he really have a choice?

It was after a moment that he lifted his gaze to Silmeria.
"I'm Killian," he told her softly. "Killian Gryst. A soldier, just a simple soldier.. but before that.."
He gave a dry laugh at the memory.
"I was a simple apple farmer."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''I am... just Silmeria. If I am going to tell you every title and name I have had in my life then we might as well built a house and live in it.'' she said as she sat down in front of him and stole a small piece of the deer steak. ''I suggest finishing this before it is frozen.'' she noted.

''If it is not to much trouble... can you tell me more about this war? You see I... have been away for a few hundred years so... I have no clue what is going on here now. If you do not like to talk about it then it is alright... there are more ways to find out..''

visualspice

It was then Killian looked down at the offered food and his stomach began to soft, painful rumblings of hunger. Gratefully, he ate what he could, and was surprised at what he was able to keep down, but at her question, he grew silent, and slowed down at the end of his meal before he wiped the blood and juices from his lips and looked up at her.

"Then you have missed much." And he paused to study her, "How much do you know of this land? Of Connlaoth- and those kingdoms at it's boarder?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''Connlaoth... not much. Truth be told I mainly minded my own business. Lets just say that most of my experiences with people was not a good one. So I tend to mostly avoid contact'' she admitted ''the history and knowledge I have is outdated... there was a dislike to magic though I know that much but not that it was forbidden or anything. My guess, fear and jealoussy. The two that in the end results in creating monsters in the first place but that is beside the point..'' she said. ''But yea... I recall something that despite they descent from Serenian people there is not much liking in magic in these regions.''

visualspice

Killian gave a sage nod.
"Yes.. well, the hate has gone to the extreme. Connlaoth.. here.. people used to accept it, though we feared it. I... must admit I knew little of those who possess magic until I was already signed up for the war. I... I joined in hopes to protect my family, to better myself... but here I find as if.. if anything, it is teaching me everything I would think it would not."

His form wilted as he peered down at his missing limb again, blue eyes lingering where the arm  should have been.

"Thank you.." he whispered. "I... I know you rescued me but...." he lifted his gaze to her. "A life... even one, is a great gift. I know this, after all the hell I've been through. And though I'm not sure what sort of fate awaits me now in the scars of the battle I have fallen from- at least know the life you have saved is grateful."

And perhaps.. if he were lucky, he could find a way to get back to the capital, to get to Solita, to find her, to take her- and to run away from all of this mess.

SilmeriaElemred

''Just do not make regret it.'' Silmeria said.''You do not seem like one though who would ruin the gift of life.'' Her gaze went to the man killian had carried. Dead and frozen beneath the white cloak the had placed over him''He... should be given a proper burial. Did he have family? Perhaps he holds something on him that should be brought to them if that is the case. You seem troubled. Meaning that you have a goal. I can accompany you for a bit. You are not fit to travel alone and I would like wasting all effort I put into keeping you alive.''

visualspice

It was only then was he confronted with death again. His eyes lingered over the clothe as he grit his teeth and felt a pang clutch his gut. He gave a shake of his head.
"I did not know him well." But he was uncertain how to go about handling the body, though he supposed even a small, marked burial out here was better than nothing. He turned to Silmeria.

"You wouldn't happen to have a shovel? I'm afraid if we dig by hand in these sort of conditions..."
and not to mention he had only one hadn in which to serve... "We would have exhausted ourselves thoroughly."

SilmeriaElemred

''No shovel. I can unfreeze the soil though. Only with heat. Nobody will see it. The only other option would be a funeral pyre.'' The latter would be able to draw attention though.''It is your call which of the two it will be. A soldier never should become food for wolves.''

visualspice

Killian gave a nod.
'Then I shall take your assistance in warming the dirt. Even if I have to use my hands, I agree with you. He should at least be buried." He would have wanted the same fate to himself, had he fallen as well.

SilmeriaElemred

''Understood.'' Silmeria said and got on her feet. She looked around first. Making sure she saw nobody in the valley before she looked at a place. By merely looking at it the snow started to melt and even the water just seemed to evaporate. Unable despite the cold to turn into new snow.

She then started to dig away the dirt with her hands. In a way that made it visable she actually had done field work in her life somewhere. Even heavy rocks she encountered were effortlessly put aside.

visualspice

Killian worked along side her, and was impressed at how well adapted she was at this. But he was grateful for the help. Having one arm.. it was quite limiting. Once the hole was large enough, he moved over to the body and slowly removed the sheet that laid over top of him. And he stared at the dead. He looked strange... Pale, and unmoving. Killian tried not to stare for long, but noticed a chain around his neck. Removing the necklace, he examined it in the light. And in doing so, noted an engraving on the inside of the ring.

"To love forever, I give to thee my heart, Isabel."

SilmeriaElemred

''If possible we should maybe find the one who gave it to him. There is nothing worse then worrying about the one you love might be. Not knowing if dead, or alive.'' Silmeria said.

''I am not the one searching recently deceased bodies. But we could look for more. Perhaps a clue. If you can not handle it we keep it as it is and give him a proper burial.''
It did not really matter to her wether the man deserved it or not. Heck he could be a mage hater. Have more bad things on his plate then her. But there was no need to judge over someone she would never know and give him the benefit of the doubt. Being in a basicly nameless grave was perhaps bad too. No recognition. Nobody remembering him or speaking his name with the passage of time.

visualspice

Killian clutched the necklace, silently praying, making a vow. And when he lowered his hand, he rested the necklace back on the man's chest.
"He will keep this. It was meant for him. His lover... That would be like searching a needle in a hay stack. And we haven't the luxury. We're surrounded by war."

SilmeriaElemred

''Fair enough.'' Silmeria replied wrapping the dead man a little more in the blanket before positioning him in the grave.
Half an hour later Silmeria placed the final rock on the nameless grave.

''Now the wolves should not be able to reach him.'' she said as she washed the dirt from her hands with snow before searching through her bag. ''I have rations for one more day. But have the tools to hunt. You should be the one to guide the way and I will follow until you either want me away or when you are strong enough. Does that sound agreeable to you?'' she made sure her swordsheats were in their place. ''Just be honest when you feel cold or fatigued.''

visualspice

"Just ask you away? But you've helped me immensely... Is there not something I could do in return?"

SilmeriaElemred

''There is. Not making me regret helping you... or actually... not making me regret interacting with mankind again.'' a small smile formed on her face. ''I would just like to have some good painless memories as well.'' by the way she said it, it sounded like she was not going to say a lot more on the matter.

''There is a but. Despite weak I use magic constantly. Will that be a problem?''

visualspice

With that, Killian offered her a smile.
"Very well. I am indebted to you. But the only thing I could offer is to perhaps help you get away from this kingdom. You use magic, and as I said before, here it is forbidden. And your magic... Do you know what a mordecai is?"

SilmeriaElemred

''Can not say that I do.'' Silmeria admitted. ''Sounds like the name of some exotic delicacy that has been fermenting in the ground for a few months.'' she replied as she cleaned the pan she used to bake the steak in before puting it in her bag which she swung over her shoulder. ''But something tells me my guesses are rather wrong.''

visualspice

Killian gave a small smile when he nodded.
"They're a rare type of person who possesses an antimagical ability that the Connlaothians find invaluable. If we... Were to come across one... It is possible your magics might be subjected to them.... Turned off."

SilmeriaElemred

''If that is the case, they wish they had stayed away from me. I can promise you that. I look like this... but my true form is something way different. And thus far. Those who see it for the first time, tended to call me a monster or at the least think it with fearful faces.'' she did not seem worried in the slightest. Would a mordecai cross their path and prove a threat she'd simply remove it. ''What happens to the mages they encounter?'' she asked.