Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gone With December [M]

Started by visualspice, December 01, 2014, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

They listened to the mage's words before commanding Killian to bring his soldier's attire to them. He obeyed, knowing that as each second passed, Silmeria would be closer to being in chains. He just hoped as long as they complied... they would leave the pair of them alone.

The leader was satisfied with the show of armor and seemed to believe his story checked out. However, as he turned to Silmeria he informed them, "You shall both travel with us, but the girl must be in chains. As a prisoner, she will be thoroughly watched and have limited freedom."

"Chains?" Killian paled, and felt his gut tighten into a knot. "Is that really necessary? She.. she had helped me..."

"Even still, we are at war, soldier. You know this. We do it to ensure our own safety, even her's."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''Can I request for rope at the least? I do not respond good to iron. Also with Master Gryst having lost his arm I would like to break down the camp. Not to mention without proper clothes and shoes I will freeze to death.''

Truth be told wether it was metal or rope it mattered not. It either would burn or melt if the situation would require it. ''Master Gryst I recommend for you to dress warm too.'' Silmeria got on her feet. Things could have been worse. She went inside so she could get dressed.

visualspice

A stern command by the men had Killian following after, another soldier at the tent's flap, keeping watch, and Killian giving Silmeria an apologetic look.

"You don't have to take down the tent by yourself. Just get dressed... I'll help you pack."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''It will be alright.'' Silmeria assured and got herself dressed before putting the furs and supplies in the magic bag. After that it was taking down the furs when the snow was removed.''It in theory is actually safer with them, believe it or not.'' Despite she had no provisions for them at the least if it would come to a battle it would not involve them. Killian with am arm less was not considdered to be a proper soldier.

visualspice

Killian went quiet, helping her pack up their camp before whispering to her, "I'm still afraid for you."

SilmeriaElemred

''I have been alive for 1400 yeats and I have a promise with you. Right now if we play along it is alright. It is also not the first time I will be restrained and not the last. I will be alright I promise.''

She gave Killian a kiss on his cheek and put all furs, pelts and canvasses in the bag. Something that surprised the man.

''You. What is that bag. Magic is not possible to be cast or used in this direct enviroment.'' The man who Silmeria assumed to be the general replied.

''The bag is made from the hide of a type of fairy hound who has a bridge between dimensions Sir. The magic continues after the death of the creature.'' Silmeria replied as she slung the bag over her schoulder.''It unfortunatly is not possible for everyone to use this bag.''

visualspice

"Then give it to me," the man demanded. "We shall burn it. No magic is allowed in these lands."

SilmeriaElemred

''With that I need to correct you General. Magic which is not useful to the archduke is forbidden. How will he respond if he knows that you burned a bag as priceless as this and destroyed everything in it? Wars are expensive are they not?'' She stuck her hand in the bag and after taking it out she had taken out a vase of selenite with beautiful carvings, gemstones and beautifully detailed sngelic and fairy forms.

''It would be a waste don't you think?'' The vase was shown and put back. Not to mention armor. Still unhatched dragoneggs, weapons made by famous alchemists... but if you are willing to take that responsibility then fine. Maybe we can still catch the snowfalcon I sent out with the mrssage I would be arriving soon with that bag.'' The last dventence was a lie but she kept talking in the same tone. Making it more believable.  Now it was hoping they bought it.''Also it is way to much to divide over the army and I am the only one who can carry it and open it. Go ahead. Try.'' The bag would be immensely heavy and if one would try to open it the bugs that would escape would be hilarious.

visualspice

The general was skeptical at best before he turned from the damned mage and slugged a fist across Killian's face. Not expecting it, Killian let out a cry and dropped to the snow.

"Who gave you permission to contact the Grand Duke with some present from a mage?" the man asked angrily, and before Killian could respond, the man kicked Killian in his side. "How dare you presume something so dangerous as magic would be of used to him! And you call yourself a soldier!"

He turned to his men.
"Put them both in chains and make them walk behind the horses."

SilmeriaElemred

''Killian!'' Silmeria slapped the mans face before pushing him away with a lot of force. Something did seem to stay behind on the mans face, looking an awfull lot like blood, which it was. The force was enough to make the man stumble backwards and she hurried herself beside Killian. ''We have been nothing more then cooperational. I had sent that fucking message before I met him. Sir Gryst did not know. If you need to take it out on someone take it out on me. The encounter between Killian and me were completely coincidental. My magic and knowledge is not meant to use on the grand duke, it is meant for him to use on mages. So, Sir Magnus, grand son of a Fey, future father of a male flower mage. Not to mention that you hide your sister who is a mage. Come to think of ot. You have magic too dont you. Act like your rank.  Before I am going to spill more secrets.''

It was not often she used magic Kayden tought her to use to the fullest but it certainly was usefull. Being a bloodphoenix seemed to be very useful now or not. If things would escalate more she would no longer do it the friendly way.

visualspice

Whether or not he heard truths in her words, his blood was on fire, and all he wanted to see was red. He drew out his sword and bellowed, "Seize them! Seize them both! And if they resist, I want their heads on a pike!"

And before Killian knew what was going on, two soldier's apprehended him, another snatching for the magical bag, and two other men were latching onto Sil.

SilmeriaElemred

''Killian, I recommend closing your eyes.'' Silmeria replied. Her eyes glew red as she spoke and everything from her calm demeanor vanished. The men who had their hands on Killian were first. Killian would not feel the heat other then it being a rush of warm air as the men froze in their position. Skin turning red and black like burning coals before they turned into dust. Not even having time to feel it. Their armors falling on the ground.

The men who got the bag could not even lift it from the ground so that thing was the least of her concern.

''Not that I told whole the truth but you made me remember why I do not interact with people. You even attack your own soldiers. At the least you will be demoted when you get out of here.'' Her gaze went to the man she slapped. For years mages have been getting this treatment right? All of you deny your own heritage. My guesses are that it started with those that had no magic. Feeling supressed by those who had. Magic is something that belongs in this world. And for years you all have been damaging that very balance. Neither me and Killian have been a threat to you. And I will give this warning once. If you deep in your heart are against this war. Draw your weapon and throw it away. I will spare those who do. You want to attack? I will give you a reason to do that. For this is what happens when balance is disrupted long enough. Things retaliate.''

The hounds stopped barking and instead made a squeeking voice before they dashed off. Horses started to prance and many succeeded in throwing off their riders as they ran off. Some riders being thrown off as they did so. They were frightened and had every reason to be. Remarkably the two horses Silmeria and Killian had with them were a lot calmer and with a flame the ropes were burned with which they were tied to a tree. The two animals joined Killian's side but did seem eager to go.

''Killian, take the bag, get on the horse and go. I will be right behind you. That, is an order.'' she said to him.

Fire then soon engulfed Silmeria. First just covering her frame, concealing it. No. She turned into fire itself. That was how it looked like anyway and then it grew to the size of a young dragon. Her razorsharp black talons showed first, then the rest of her body. Fiery colored feathers, widely spreaded wings and a loud eagle cry. A few beats of her wings followed. Strong enough to knock those in a twenty metre radius off their feet.

visualspice

Part of him wished he obeyed. Closing his eyes would have made digesting what he witnessed all the more bearable. Men on fire. Men to ash. And a woman consumed in flames.

What was he seeing? What was happening to all them? He'd be lying if he said fear did not grip him and freeze him into place, and when he was finally addressed and commanded to leave, he could not lie that it was fear that provoked that very response.

He wasn't sure what to expect, or even how to react. He was numb to it all, to this reality, to his heat and stumbled as he grabbed the horses reins and clumsily mounted the one. Then with both in tow, he gave a sharp kick to their sides and rode off...
urging the beasts to run faster and faster still... All the while Killian's mind was in a whirl of emotion and panic.

He wanted to stay. He wanted to help her. He wanted to make things right. But even his deep rooted prejudice coupled with this unknown ability fueled his racing heart, and drummed the only action he could manage in the moment-

To run. To run far away, And not to look back.

It would be like closing his eyes. Keep his back to the screaming. Keep his back to the flames.
And let it all fall into the dust.

SilmeriaElemred

''Do not let him get away'' the general spoke and after a moment a few attempted to follow the order. Only for their road to be blocked by a wall of fire and a loud cry. Whatever was going on Silmeria was angry to say the least. Those with metal weapons close enough to her soon found the metal to hot to hold and the ones wearing armor screamed in pain as the heat made it unbearable.

The first arrows had made their way to Silmeria penetrating her body at several places but other then angering her more it seemed to not have a lot of effect. It was then the first wave of heat started to kill soldiers in a faster rate but selective. It had not been many who had been spared but those who had thrown their weapons away or were unarmed were still standing.

More waves of fire started to kill men part by part and many perished as they attempted to take Silmeria down. Even in the air spears and any other weapon they could use were used while the horses left with Killian further and further away from the searing heat until hours later where they stopped from exhaustion.

((No idea regarding the enviroment but can be anything you'd like. It would be something concealed though like for example a forest or a palce of yours choice.''

visualspice

He didn't know which way to go. He didn't know how much time had passed, but when the strange lights flaring from Silmeria's fiery fanfare had long stopped, so did he with the horses. They had reached a river bank, and both he and the two horses were exhausted. It had began to rain, a freezing rain that belted and began to coat the three of them in ice.

He lead the horses beneath a canopy of trees, shivering as he stood between the pair of them and tied them loosely to the trunk of a tree. As he was doing so, however, he noticed something off int he distance. The plumes of smoke.

He blinked, leaning forward and trying to get his eyes to register what he was seeing. Then it became clear. He had run to a nearby village. He wasn't sure what village or where, but it seemed this one was at least safe and housed people, because the smoke was puffing up from chimneys.

Gritting his teeth, he made the choice to enter the town. If he had to, he could sell one of the horses for lodging and food. After all he had been through, it would be worth it. He wanted to lay down in a bed, close his eyes and forget this winter. Forget this war. Forget the ashes left in the snow.

But as he approached the small town, he paused as he was leading the horses over a small bridge to pass the creek and shielded his eyes from the ice that continued to rain down upon him. Silmeria was no where in sight. He felt guilt grip at his heart as he panted out white puffs of breath.

She'd find him right? She had magic. She'd be okay.

His heart was drumming and he felt dizzy. Each step was clumsy and when he made it into town, he was shaking something fierce. He couldn't even get out all he wanted to say when a young woman hushed him and hurriedly guided the young man inside.

Her cottage home sat squat near the town's church, both of which had a nice sheet of ice at their door atop of a foot of snow. The woman cursed some as she moved to shovel away just enough so she could open her door. She held it open and gestured for Killian to go ahead inside. But he paused, teeth chattering and asked,
"What of the horses?"

Her blue eyes looked from him, then to the horses before she grabbed the reigns and gave a pull. Bring them inside too. They'll freeze outside like the other animals had.

He was about to protest if they could fit inside, and it seemed the horses were uncertain too, but after some coaxing, the woman got the pair of horses inside and settled them up near the hearth where the fire was crackling warmly. Her hood had come down, skewing her face and hair-
and Killian found himself staring at her for much longer than he ought to have.

She was beautiful, a red haired, blue eyed beauty of the North. But it was her gesture towards the fire that brought him back to reality.
"Please come in and sit. I can help you take off them clothes. You'll lose limbs if you keep 'em on."

Although he protested, the woman assured him she had three older brothers and there was nothing to be ashamed of. But as she moved to help him, it was only then she realized...

"Ansgar's beard..." Her eyes flashed to him. "You've done lost your arm."

Killian flinched and pulled away.

"I can manage on my own." He had his back to her as he went about, shuffling awkwardly to slip off his coat. The woman sighed and moved to his side again, and helped him.

"It's been a long winter, a long war," she told him, placing a hand on his shoulder to get him to look at her. "Just take this bit o' help, stranger. You deserve. NO matter what side yer on."

Eventually his clothin was removed, and he was layered up in three blankets wrapped tightly around his form. He was shivering, but less so,a nd by now the icicles in his white blonde hair were melting and the ones' on his hung clothing, too. He was lost in thought as he gazed into the fire, but when the red haired woman came into view and offered him a steaming cup, he looked at her then eagerly took it.

"It's tea of the forest. It'll sooth you and help you sleep, if you can."

"Thank you," he told her, sipping at it and beginning to cough.

"Hey there, no dying by choking on my tea now. It would make me a lousy hostess now wouldn't it?"

Killian smiled at her joke, and she smiled in return.

"There's a handsome smile if I ever saw one. Can't say I blame you for looking so grim when you came in here. The world out there... its' unforgiving. Ansgar's way to make his own mark on this war, I suppose."

Killian looked her over, and shivered again. It was tehn the woman moved forward and touched a hand to his forehead. She gasped and stepped back.

"By the storms, your with fever. Come.. let me fetch you another blanket and some cool clothes. Can't 'ave that killin' ya either. I don't intend to be hosting no ghost."

SilmeriaElemred

One hour passed followed by a second and a third and there still had been no sign of Silmeria. The cold rain had turned into hail and soon there was a blizzard almost as fierce as the one the night before had offered. Weather which for Silmeria was lethal and without her supplies she had no way of finding cover or making a shelter.

Those who had survived her flames and talons would have a hard time surviving too. Frostbite was a nasty thing and the cold went through the bone.

It had been a total of eight hours before the storm lay down and became a pleasant kind snowfall and still nothing. No knocking on the door, or sightings of fire. Not even an army with wounded claiming medicine,supplies and shelter.

visualspice

Killian refused her bed when she offered, but took up space on her couch where it was. It was decidedly better to be near the fire anyway, but the woman remained close as she tended to him. He was in a bit of a daze from the gloom of his travels, and from the blaring heat of his fever and chill from the storm.

"You got a name, soldier?"

Killian looked up at the woman.

"You got pretty blue eyes. Oh, but where are my manners. The name's Nella. Nella Harborson, but most call me Nell."

Killian blinked. The name settled in, but that was about all he could register.

"Killian." he told her softly. "Killian Gryst."

"Well, Killian Gryst, just take to your needed rest and I'll tend to ye. It's the very least I can do for a man in yer kinda state."

With a weak nod, Killian closed his eyes, and who knew how long he slept. An hour, through the night, through the next few days. Even still, with dreams, he was feverish; but in the moment he was just another lost soul to the world.

SilmeriaElemred

There was a knock on the door and when Nella opened it the person she saw was Kayden. Kayden had arrived in this town aproxematly two months ago. Initially passing through but his presence had proven timed no better after preventing a plague from spreading to to much people and he had managed to cute most. Nobody asked how or why but he had done it. And all he wanted in return was a place to live in. Saying something about waiting for someone. Ever since he had been the town's physician.

Kayden always seemed to know when medical attention was needed which was quite the feat since he was as blind as a mole.

''Good evening Nell. How is your foot?'' Kayden asked with his usual charming smile. He had treated her after a snake with necrotic poison had bit her. He gave her a polite bow, carrying a doctors bag in one hand and held his staff at the other. He was never seen without a staff and he used it for walking as far as everyone knew.

visualspice

Naturally Nell let him into her house. It was a curious thing why he'd come here at such an hour. She closed the door after him then looked from Kayden to the sleeping form of Killian on the bed.

"Did you come here because of him?"

SilmeriaElemred

Kayden nodded. ''I got a hunch.'' he said calmly. ''Was there anyone with him?'' he had expected a certain someone to be here too. There had not been many futursights without her but he could not hear Silmeria's voice nor felt the aura she tended to emit.

He rubbed his gloved hands together briefly before taking them off and removed his thick coat. ''How long has he been sleeping now?'' he asked. His face with his blind opal eyes, covered with cloth facing towards Nell.