Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gone With December [M]

Started by visualspice, December 01, 2014, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She blinked but shook her head.
"No, it was just him who came into the town. And what a sorry sight he was." HSe looked down at Killian. "A good man hours now I'd say. I think he's gone through hell. So I'll let him sleepf or days if he'd need it."
She studied Kayden. "You ask about another... were you expecting someone else?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''Yes and no.'' Kayden replied. ''Remember what I said when I got here? I was waiting for someone. That person was supposed to be with him. Silmeria. But she is not here.'' He did not sound disappointed but it still did not remove the fact he had hoped for her to be here.

''First though I will take a look at him.'' He set his staff against the wall and took the doctors bag, setting it down beside where Killian slept and with a stethoscope he listened at Killian's breathing and heart. He looked thoughtfull for a moment until gently making Killian's amputated arm free. ''Interesting. It is recent yet completely healed...'' he took a pot of some kind of fat and rubbed it on before covering it again.

''Hell or not. Waking him up once every three hours has to be done. At least until the following night.'' Kayden replied with a sigh. It was when his hand touched the floor to get on his feet, that he got a startled reaction and his face directed to Silmeria's bag. ''Haha!'' he did not laugh hard though but he looked happy. ''I knew it. He has her bag. Means she is not far away.'' he sighed relieved. Still. It was way to early to be relieved, the weather outside know was deadly for her unless she soared above the clouds. He wondered if she was doing such now.

visualspice

He slept like a log, and would have continued to do so had the man not suddenly laughed so loud. With a sharp cry, Killian was awake and a knife was drawn and pointed towards Kayden while the one armed soldier backed up against the wall where the bed rested against.

"What.. who... who are you? What are you doing here?"
Then he saw where Kayden was looking and he shoved the blade closer towards the other man.
"Don't touch that or I'll cut you."
And he felt himself trembling, a wildness tingling through his limbs. He was desperate, and he was not about to spurn Silmeria's good will.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''So you give me the choice to either touch it or be cut by you?'' Kayden asked. He always had been a bit of a jester but he knew what Killian meant and directed his head back to Killian. ''Something tells me that you meant you will cut me if I touch it.'' Kayden replied.

He had not laughed that hard now had he. Oh well. Killian had to wake up anyway so it was good. ''My name is Kayden Galwyn. I am a physician. And we seem to share a mutual friend but it seems she has not come here with you. Unusual if she is still that caring type. As much as I'd like to ask about Silmeria though, now you are awake I can do a proper checkup.''

visualspice

"Silmeria?" Killian blinked. "How do you know her?"

SilmeriaElemred

Kayden rolled up his sleeves a little and looked through his own bag, taking out a small box, removing a needle out of it. For someone who had his eyes covered he surely was capable of finding everything he needed and work as if he had sight like anyone else. ''I am going to touch some pressure points. Your eyes at me at all times please and let me know every time you feel pressure and where. I need to see if you've suffered nerve damage.'' he initially seemed to avoid talking about Silmeria but he answered in a short while.

''I met Silmeria a very long time ago. Caring, stubborn, very self sacrificial. There was this... fire inside of her so to say.'' Kayden replied. He sat down beside Killian and pressed gently on Killian's fingers with the not sharp side of the needle.

visualspice

Killian watched the man work, completely baffled by the situation, but he couldn't deny he was more curious than wary. As the man went about his things, Killian looked them over, or as best he could from his position, before watching him prod at his fingers.

It was then he realized he was still holding his blade and drew his hand back suddenly and looked away.
"F..forgive me," he said, placing the blade beside him, propped against the bed. He then turned to regard the man again, still looking at him- and at his eyes.

"You're a blind doctor?" he found himself questioning before he could think better of it.

SilmeriaElemred

Fortunatly the woman here knew he was someone who used magic. How else could he have explained to her how he managed to fix the snake bite that affected her so badly.

Kayden smiled and put down the needle for a moment before removing his blindfold revealing two eyes. They looked like white opals. There was only a vague sign of pupils though.''Initially, I am blind. However, I am a Seer. I can see a variety of different futures. I use that power to see a few seconds ahead of time to see. But can see past too by doing something called hearing the memory of sound. Not to mention being over a millenia old helps. It is not flawless though. Like going to a tavern and someone at the door decides to actually not wait and throw the door open.''

After pressing multiple points from Killian's fingers, hand and arm he made his way to Killian's feet to make sure the nerves there were not damaged. ''Me being a Seer gave me the knowledge of Silmeria coming here with a friend. You. But unfortunatly it resulted in one of the futures where she is not with you. I've been looking for her for centuries.'' he admitted.

visualspice

Killian had only heard about one man to ever come from Silmeria's lips, and he stiffened at the idea and found himself asking boldly, "Were you her lover?"

SilmeriaElemred

((Silmeria had briefly spoken about a seer once she knew but that he died.. That they made games by changing futures etc if they did not like the outcomes he had seen. I do not remember if she said how he died though))

''No. We were friends. Like brother and sister. Not only am I a seer though but I am cursed. And that took quite the toll on my mental state for a long time. I never told her though. She was in a not so happy place either and if she wanted to help to break the curse it would have cost her a cycle. I could not ask that from her and knew she would suggest it if she knew.'' he paused. ''At the least you were with her. What had gotten you separated?''

visualspice

His heart sank when he realized the nature of their relationship. And also he felt ashamed to admit it was hard for him to believe everything the man was saying. The war had been hard on him, and it was hard to remain anything like the naive boy he had once been upon singing up to join this insanity.

When the question came back to him, Killian couldn't help but frown.

"We were attacked," he began, feeling ashamed. "She urged me to take off. I didn't want to leave her but I...." He licked his dry lips and dropped his gaze. HIs ears burned with shame as he admitted, "But I left. I kept going until I found myself here," he went on dryly.

"I should have stayed... I should have protected her."

SilmeriaElemred

''There is no need to blame yourself.'' Kayden said calmly. ''If she wanted you to run, it usually means it would've been dangerous for the both of you to stick together. Silmeria is a blood phoenix and knows most likely more then most others familiar with it, how dangerous it can be. Still. When she wants to save someone it is a brand of magic she relies on the most while she shouldn't.'' He finished checking Killian's body for injury seen and unseen.

''At the least though, you seem to be alright physically. Your nerves at a few places are slightly numb but nothing your body can not fix on it's own. I recommend some rest and having to be awoken once every three hours. Eat hot soup and hope. Not all is lost. She entrusted you her bag. Allows you to be able to carry it. She has every intention to come back to you. With this weather though I do think she needs a bit of help with that.''

visualspice

Killian felt awful.
"But I'm a soldier.... we are sworn to protect, and she was fighting against my men, those who I have trained and fought along side, those who also swore to protect these lands."
He cringed and looked down to his hand.

"I'm a coward for leaving her," he added carefully, quietly. He closed his hand into a fist. "I should return to her... See if she needs help."

SilmeriaElemred

''If you go outside the way you are now you will die and it would be for nothing. You are a soldier. Silmeria once was a general. Not in the same time, but in theory she is your superior if you look at it that way. Are you going to ignore her order? You do not know the state she is in mentally or physically. You are no coward. It often takes bravery in order to leave. Just as much or even more bravery to stand up against others. I will find her and bring her back. Depending on what she did to protect you, you will be everything she has. If you werent, you would not have been allowed to have her bag. Her whole life is in that thing. You need to trust her that she will find you again.'' he spoke clearly. Sure, Kayden could join him and look for her together with him. But if Silmeria in the worst case was in bloodrage then Killian would not stand a chance. Not to mention, Silmeria would not be able to face Killian if she had bloodrage and recovered from it.

''If you insist, I will accompany you. But I will not allow you to just walk into death's arms.''

visualspice

Killian had a million questions he wanted to ask, but for the life of him, all he could do was choke up and bury his face into his remaining hand. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what he wanted to do...
All he could think about was wanting to get home, wanting to wake up from this nightmare and to never look back.

"I need to rest," he murmured, trying to sniff back some tears and to cull back any further crying.

SilmeriaElemred

Kayden nodded and stood up walking to Silmeria's bag. He thought for a moment before he opened it and put his hand in it. No maggots, or other creepy crawlers. After a moment he retrieved a bottle and a cup. ''Some never change...'' he said softly before opening the bottle and poured some of it's contends into the cup after walking back to Killian. ''Drink this. You will be warm, have no nightmares and rest well. No second cup though. You still need feeling in your nerves properly.'' he offered it to him.

''When you are sleeping, I will be looking for Silmeria. Unless you want me to stay. But you do not need me any longer regarding your physical health.''

visualspice

Killian looked down at the cup, then back up to Kayden.
"What's in this drink?" he asked, lifting it towards himself, but pausing a few inches before his lips.
"And are you sure it's wise to go after her alone? You don't know those men... Those soldiers. And the weather..."
He supposed he didn't have to go on about how awful the weather was.

SilmeriaElemred

''I have survived worse Winters than this. Unless Silmeria found shelter she however will not last. I will be fine. Although I may need to borrow a few things from her bag. You however will have to take the bag with you. Do not leave it behind somewhere. If you leave this place we can only find you with that. Am I clear?'' Kayden spoke. ''As for the drink. It is a herbal drink that eases the mind and body. Silmeria took it if she suffered from nightmares or when she was sick.''

visualspice

Killian frowned, still holding the drink.
"I really should go with you... If Silmeria's in danger..."

But a noise alerted the pair.

"Someone comes." Came the voice. Killian looked towards the window and heard the woman swear. "Soldiers. Connlaothian soldiers- and a lot o' 'em."

SilmeriaElemred

''Splendid.'' Kayden muttered with a tone of sarcasm and took a deep breath. He tapped the bag and pondered before placing his hand in the bag, and retrieved a few things before casting a spell. The bag looked different when Kayden had finished. More worn and full. Some things sticking out such as a map, flask, and Kayden put in the medicine for Killian.

''I drew in a rune on the inside of the bag to change its appearance. As long as that is intact, the bag is cloaked to look like this. You can still get Silmeria's stuff out but seeing as Connlaothians normally loathe magic I recommend not to. At the least not in plain sight. If you need something from her bag that is currently not visable, do not take long to get it. Magical energy will be released when you. Right now all that is visable will be what you need. The medicine and the fat cream to treat your arm with, is in it. Those without permission who look in the bag will only be able to get out what they see. Do not lose the bag. It is Silmeria's only way to track you down. Unless of course you and her have a pact.'' the latter he doubted. The air felt different. Although other then Kayden, probably not sure what it was. Kayden had removed all unnatural magic traces. Then he took a bundle of dried sage. Lightning it with the nearest fire, walked a round so the house had the lovely soft scent of sage before throwing the rest in the fire place. Put on some good Winter boots and staff. They had arrived sooner then he had hoped actually but still. Silmeria needed him. Probably.

He made sure his blindfold was on before joining the woman's side. ''Remember what I told you those months back? I trained my two physician apprentices well. They will take care of the village from now on. Thank you for keeping my secret. I will make sure you get compensated for it.'' he said to the woman. ''And Killian. I promise you. I will bring Silmeria back. I need to take my leave. Despite my gifts I do not give off magic if I do not use it but for now, we will part ways. Take your medicine and hopefully we will meet again soon.''

After putting on his coat and had reclaimed his doctor's bag, he opened the door.