Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gone With December [M]

Started by visualspice, December 01, 2014, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Are you some sort of a fae?" But then realizing his manners, he gave a shake of his head. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry." But then thinking over her last comment, he gave a nod. "Yes, if I can."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

''Fae?''Silmeria asked and started laughing till tears fell down her cheeks. It had been a while since she had actually laughed like that. ''It's alright to pry. But I will be honest if I'd rather not talk about something. But I suppose if you find out my identity... it is alright too. I am now just not ready for it yet.'' She wiped the tears from her face.''sorry it has been a while since I laughed like that. But about the escaping... I will help you. If needed I know the perfect transport.''

visualspice

Killian looked at her, still in no mood to smile. It was not entirely is fault he was ignorant towards those possessing magic. It seemed just about every body in this country was.
"I didnt mean to offend. Do not feel obligated to.tell me. I owe you my life as it is." But at her last statement, he frowned.
"Transport?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SilmeriaElemred

Silmeria nodded.''If we retrieve your lover you honestly think they would just let us be off? '' she asked calmly. ''Leaving by foot would be near impossible if things go wrong. We can go by flihjt of we must. Only, if we must.'' She stopped for a moment.  ''You do not get airsick do you?..'' she obvioysly hoped that she would not have to morph but if she had too, getting filth between her feathers was not something she prefered.

''Hmm I suppose it matters little would you get airsick though... also I do not feel offended or feel oblidged to tell you what kind of creature I am. I believe I said earlier people named me monster right? So I was suprised when you asked if I was a Fae. I am sorry I laughed though... it has been a while since I had done so. But would not mean to offend you with it either. I can teach you a bit about Fae folks, and various types of magic if you like.''

visualspice

"Air sick?" Killian visibly blanched. "I.. I... I wouldn't know."

Fly? Was she serious? He swallowed the forming knot in his throat and absentmindedly felt at the nub where his arm had once been. But as she went on to talk about the fae, he stared at her with interest.

"Despite not being fae.. you do know some about them?" He looked her over. "And you do not have to worry about not trusting me with your secret. This world... it sometimes feels hard to trust anyone."

SilmeriaElemred

''I am suprised about myself to be honest. My trust has been broken more then once. In some ways more cruel then the other. But I have quite some knowledge about Fae. Magi. And several creatures. I read a lot about them. And interacted with them a lot as well during my life. Since it takes a while to reach this 'Grand Duke' I can teach you. If you do not mind I'd like to see your combat skills as well. Perhaps I can teach you a trick or two.''

visualspice

Killian digested all of her offers, nodding his head but frowning at the last suggestion about fighting.
"I'm not sure I've got much will or desire to want to fight... After seeing all I've seen... This war is beyond me, and I want no more part of it. It's not helping Connlaoth, but tearing it apart."

SilmeriaElemred

''Well.. we live in a world where fighting is sometimes the only choice. Fighting does not have to mean kill or engage whenever you can. But it would be good if you can defend yourself. If you can not do that, you can not defend others either.'' she stopped to turn around and face him. ''I personally hate fighting as well. Killing even more. Sometimes it just has to be done. I killed more people. Innocent people. Then I'd like to admit to myself. Even though I was tricked into doing it. But I try to see the good in the people I encounter and defend them with the skills I have. Trust me. If you do not try, you will regret it at some point in your life.'' she paused for a moment.

''Walk beside me. It will be warmer for you.'' It were strange words coming from someone so scarcely clothed as she was for sure. But in this cold and her abilities maybe not as much of a bad offer.

visualspice

Killian gave a numb nod and moved nearer. It would be strange, even the request, were he not already growing used to her natural magics. But as he did draw near and released a held breath, he winced a little. The tension and anxiety weighed heavily upon him and made his stomach twist into a tight not that even breathing seemed to hurt. But that pain was only cut off for a moment when he realized just what his female companion was wearing. And considering how close he was and his blue eyes had been down cast, well...
He was staring right at her chest.

His cheeks went pink as he tried to hurriedly look anywhere else, but in doing so, he nearly tripped over his own two feet and stumbled into her, barely catching himself on the bare skin of his shoulder and nearly knocking heads with her.

"Er.. s-sorry!" he said, his cheeks to ears all going red. "I.. I must still be .. be.. exhausted from the battle."

Or her breasts. He was still a man, and one who was a bit shy around women, and only now realizing what a beautiful companion he now had made his heart beat all the faster, and his heart ache for the one he had left behind.

SilmeriaElemred

''Are you alright? despite not having walked long we can rest a bit if you need it.''  She had not forgotten for a moment that he had lost his arm the night prior. Losing a limb could ask a lot from a person. The fact he had a battle before it too was not helping either.

She tended to be rather oblivious considering her clothes and how men would look at her. With one hand on his shoulder to support him, she gently placed her hand on his cheek before placing it on his forhead. Her touch, unlike her words was soft, warm and gentle. Almost as if she was touching something fragile.
''You at the least do not appear to have a fever... despite your red face.'' Oblivious or not she was not that stupid. But did not scold him. There was even a hint of a smile on her face. Perhaps when he slept she could turn into something else. But to avoid suspicion at some point she'd perhaps have to buy a new set of clothes in the first town they got in.

''Just a little bit further and we can rest if you like. To much in the open will not be good.''

visualspice

Killian's blush grew fiercer. Nodding his head, he looked forward.
"Perhaps we should continue.. just a little longer. But yes... this type of travel... It is wearing on me more than I'd like." And he was anxious to get moving, but as she suspected- he had gone through a lot and it greatly hampered his ability more so than the snow.

SilmeriaElemred

''We could get a cart or horses if we find ourselves near a town. No need to worry about the expenses.'' Silmeria assured. She took a hold of his hand and started walking. Allowing her warm to slowly be taken in by Killian's blood so it could bring the warmth to the rest of his body properly.

It was not till about half an hour later till they stopped at what once had been what seemed a farmhouse. Despite in a far state of decay it was still safe enough to take refuge inside. Although Silmeria left Killian's side for a moment to make sure the building was indeed empty.

Instead of finding wood, Silmeria simply broke some planks from the inner walls and dumped them in the fireplace before heading to her bag taking flint and steel. It was not that anybody would see them but she would better get used to not using to much magic while being in Connlaoth of the present time.

''Are you hungry?'' she asked after having gotten the fire going. ''I still have some deer meat left. Red meats will do you most good.''

visualspice

Killian helped where he could, but by now, the travel was taking it's toll on him and he was glad they found a spot to rest. As Silmeria set to work on a fire, Killian tried his best to help bring her more pieces of dry, rotting wood to use to fuel the fire. He didn't question why she did not use her magic, for he was too exhausted to consider it, but once the fire was going, he took a seat and closed his eyes.

But a moment later when she asked him about food, he opened them and stared at her for a while in silence. He felt so numb, so useless, so empty. He shook his head, finally answering her.
"No.. I couldn't eat. But rest... would it be alright if I rested?"
He desperately needed to sleep. Not only to regain his strength, but to help him forget.

SilmeriaElemred

''Rest all you need.'' Silmeria assured. ''and when you need'' Placing some more wood in the fireplace and relocated some planks in it. She then walked to her bag and took out the blanket again puting it over Killian gently. They had not walked very long. Four hours tops. But it was to be expected and she did not mind.

''I am going to take a look around. Perhaps there is something in here of use to us'' she did not expect to find much, this place seemed to have been empty for at least a year. and those whom lived here were most likely not the richest amongst people. But anything from an extra blanket till even discarded jewelery would be usefull. It was amazing how much things you could still find in places like these and she sought homes in worse conditions then this too.

She looked at Killian for a moment and headed outside first. The smoke that exited through the chimney would perhaps attract something or someone. Would that be the case she'd still have her swords and incineration. But the door and wooden floorboards cracked so if someone would be near she'd hear it.

Outside beneath a layer of snow and ice she found the entrance to the basement under some wooden doors. She scooped most of the snow away and melted the rest quickly along with the ice. Locked. Something that suprised her. It was unlikely no single other person had reached this place and searched it. Unless of course there was a way in from the inside too. Instead of burning the entrace open like how she would usually do she simply picked it with ease and opened the doors. ''Ugh... spiders...'' she muttered as she tore apart more spiderwebs then she'd care to count. It was dark below but nothing a simple flame could not solve. She summoned one at the bottem of the staircase and started heading down.

''To bad dust does not sell... at least not this kind...'' she muttered. Her steps were carefull on the old wood but she knew where to step and where not. A weak echo sounded through the basement as she reached the stone floor. There were many shelves. On a few things that maybe once was cheese. Sacks of now decayed wheat and bones of cattle hang there too where they'd once been put to dry. Whomever lived here must have had some hurry or had been killed.

After searching around a little more she found a a few small wine caskets and bottles of rum and whiskey. ''Could be worse.'' she thought to herself as she took it and put it in her bag. Despite its magic quantities though, it was limited. But there was enough space. She found some blankets too but they were filled with bugs and had decayed so far they were anything but usefull. Stuff in jars that had not been broken already throughout the time this place got abandoned were not filled with usefull things either.

She noticed another stairs that lead back into the house but first closed the outside basement door before heading back in through there. Noticing the door ended up in the kitchen after she entered it and closed it. Pondered for a brief moment and locked it. She ddi not scavenge further however. Instead she went to check up on Killian. So far the place seemed undisturbed other then their interference.

visualspice

And when she'd find Killian, he too, was undisturbed, his body slumped forward like a wilted flower as he breathed softly from sleep. And as he lay there, his other hand was resting across his chest and resting over where his other arm had once been. And though sleep was often peaceful, Killian looked anything but, and probably seemed years beyond his age in that moment.

However, as the lock door suggested, someone had to have secured it-
and the lack of cobwebs in a few locations might have given it away when Silmeria was checking out the area. However, there was, for the moment, no signs of an intruder...

Though from an unseen perch they were being watched as this unknown person bided their time.

SilmeriaElemred

Silmeria observed Killian for a moment. He seemed a little like a lost puppy and she was not really sure what to do with him. Comfort him? Or let him be. She looked through the dusty windows. For as far as possible anyway and sighed deeply. She did not nessesarily hated humans. But she did find herself a fool to try and trust one again. It rarely had turned out well the previous times. She looked at Killian again and walked towards him. After sitting down she gently placed his head on her lap. Not really daring yet to trust people or not. He had been through so much in a short period of time. At the least he would not have to face it alone for now.

As she sat there, Silmeria's own eyes closed slowly as she started to doze off. Not completely sleeping though as she let one hand rest on Killian's head and the other on her sword she had placed beside her just in case.

visualspice

And it would be sometime before anything would stir. And to the one moving in the shadows, it appeared the two before them was none the wiser. So quickly they moved forward, silent as the dead, but one wrong step had a floor board creaking, and when Killian's eyes fluttered open, it took him a second in his groggy state, to realize just what was going on.

And it was an instinct how he reacted, jerking up suddenly when the glint of a blade came their way. And a crazed woman looked at the pair, having to be in her late forties or fifties, with ragged hair and clothes, and was dirty from head to toe. And though she held a knife, she did not strike them but held it in their direction with a growl.

Killian was now fully erect, placing his seated form between this strange woman and Silmeria.

"Soldier.."s he hissed, unable to take her crazed, feral look off of Killian. "Soldier of hell you are! How dare you come to my place of sanctuary." And before Killian knew what was going on, the woman came at them-a nd Killian did hte only thing he could- and threw out his only remaining limb towards the strike to take the brunt of it while protecting Silmeria from any harm. And the knife first clinked after his armored shoulder, making the woman hiss before she was after them again, and this time her knife cut deeply into his cheek.

SilmeriaElemred

Silmeria got started too when she heard the floorboard cracking and got on her feet. The fire in the fireplace reacted somewhat more fiercely too. She could not prevent the knife from cutting Killian's cheek but at the least could prevent the woman from striking again. ''Attacking people as they rest. Is not very nice.'' she said firmly and in a blink of an eye got behind the woman, grabing her wrists as she attempted to stab Killian again and twisted it but gently enough so it would not break causing the dagger to fall on the ground. She wondered if the woman lived here. But when she and Killian entered there were no footprints in the dust or recent wood in the fireplace. She put the thought out of her head as she gently placed her foot against the back of the woman's knees which would force her down.

''How about taking things easy for a bit before lashing at someone'' she looked at Killian after she spoke. The wound looked nasty and the blade did not look to clean. ''Killian... my bag... open it, think of a leather potion pouch, and put your hand in. Take it out and put a dropet or two on the cut please.''

She looked at the woman again. ''Now. Could you tell me why you'd suddenly lash out so him?'' she had heard the woman say Soldier in a rather descpicable way so that might be it. Perhaps she was a victim of this war.

visualspice

The woman was ragged and feral as she bared her teeth defiantly at them both.
"Because all soldiers are the devil! All soldiers should return to hell!"

SilmeriaElemred

''Alright. What if I told you we killed a soldier and stole it's armor?'' Silmeria asked. She was good at lying and bluffing and summened a few flame butterflies in front of the woman. ''What else would a mage like me doing with him?'' the butterflies vanished as soon as they had come but she surely did not let the woman go just yet. ''Condemning them all to hell also would be harsch. Understandable too for many. But it is also unfair to wish them all to hell. I am sure that there are some kindhearted amongst them too who either have been misguided or forced into being a soldier.''

Wether talking like this was futile or not Silmeria did not know. Hatred could seep deep into a persons heart. And leave a wound so deep nothing could heal it. She could smell something foul too. A sickness of some sort perhaps. Judging by how the woman's condition was it would not suprise her if she was.