Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Twice Cursed [Goblin] [M]

Started by Juno, December 18, 2014, 07:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

"I'd like you to at least try," he told her, feeling apprehensive about sewing but feeling it would be more fair if they both had to step out of their comfort zones. "I'll try your sewing and you'll try to cook- with my help, I mean. And maybe I'll let you read one of my books one day, too.

"I think you'd like if it you just had the...right attitude. Opened your mind up a little," he mumbled the last, feeling a little defensive for how she so easily shot down his ideas. As far as he was concerned she wouldn't learn a thing if he didn't have her try and it was part of his job as he saw it to teach her things. Even though it might not have been entirely necessary, if she was to live a more solitary life as a result of her affliction he was not going to allow her to go through that life bored and frustrated. Boredom bred destruction and he certainly didn't want her going out and killing, even if she didn't want to.

GoblinFae

Her lips pursed tightly in displeasure at his suggestion. His offer though was fair and the noblewoman knew that she had to find compromise in her existence here with him or life was going to be unbearably miserable for her going forward. It was already difficult to begin with, she did not need to suffer more out of her own stubbornness. Slowly and begrudgingly, Yasmine nodded her head at him.

"It's a...deal then. "You sew and I'll...cook." She scowled in displeasure at the distasteful word before a thought popped into her head and she hurried to add, "and you're not allowed to complain when it's bad!" Nervously, she looked up to him to confirm he would agree to her additional terms.

"Same goes with the books I suppose," Yasmine added with a scrunch of her face. "Not like their is much else to do around her. Don't expect me to like any of them though. As I said there isn't anything I will find enjoyable. I've read so much of it already and it's all the same." Her arms crossed over her chest as some of her usual teenager attitude began to return bit by bit. She would be alright and it seemed he already was. Things could go back to the way they had before, at least until the next time she became overwhelmed and needed to feed.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Conrey couldn't keep the small smirk of triumph from his lips at her agreement. He wasn't worried in the least about the quality of her cooking. After all, he planned on guiding her every step of the way and if he had a hand in it he didn't believe it could ever go as poorly as she seemed to imagine.

"You'll never know until you try," he pointed out with a chuckle, glad to see her somewhat return to her regular self. "You don't have to like any of it, but I would be happy if you'd be willing to try them. I won't complain but...I'd hoped you might be open to constructive criticism. Same goes for me, tell me what I can improve upon once we've tried a few...lessons.

"The sooner the better, I think. We'll start tomorrow morning, it's getting a bit late now," he pointed out, casting a look towards the darkening woods through the window.

GoblinFae

"Oh I know I won't" she declared with all the confidence of a self-assured teenager. "And I won't need any corrections. I learn everything quickly. That's why I'm superior to you after all. You're just a commoner hired as labor. I'm sure it will take you some time to master sewing. Lucky for you, you have such a good teacher," Yasmine noted smugly.

With the topic off food and her self-perceived misdeeds, she was feeling more herself again. She crossed her arms over her chest and raised a brow as if waiting for him to challenge her opinion. "We could start right now if you wanted. Unless you're afraid you won't manage to keep up with  my perfect skill." She yawned as if bored while pretending to examine her nails. "No matter. You'll learn all the same," Yasmine sighed and shook her head, "eventually."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

The werewolf just stared at her for a long moment, eyes wide before they narrowed and his lips twisted into an irritated scowl. Sure he was a commoner, but she was the one who couldn't be trusted by her own parents. He certainly thought it was better to be common or even poor than feared by your noble family.

"In the morning," he repeated firmly, a growl rising up his throat for her haughtiness. He wanted to take back his earlier denial of her brattiness, venom on his tongue poised to strike. Was there really anything worse than a brat who thought she was better than everyone else?

Perhaps one day it would be relevant again for him to save her life and health, perhaps he would remember her coldness... To think he'd nearly bedded such a harsh woman. But...she'd been different then, hadn't she? Something whispered inside him that he should be kind and gentle with the fledgling vampire, that she was not always the woman she was showing him now.

"Teach me tomorrow. Goodnight," Conrey finally gruffed with a sigh. He turned to leave, quite eager to put some distance between them and return to his own room before he said something he might regret. Tomorrow would be better. It had to be, right?