Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This is why we're mordecai [Marakai!] [M]

Started by Medievarad, December 28, 2016, 03:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

[Roll credits moment.]

"I..-" another hitched breath from Emerald. "What.. Did it say it was? Desecrator.. Or something? Like-.. A graverobber?" She blinked weakly, before her eyes remained shut once again. "She.. Looked at me me, not with anger.. Or-.." She grunted softly in pain. "Only.. Pity."

She glanced as his fist smacked against the dirt and tried to sit up more, whincing slightly. "I.. Goddamn it.. Those people."

Marakai Trin

When she tried to sit up, he moved to help her, sliding behind her so that she could rest against his side and still sit comfortably. "I think the word was...'deathecrator.' It's not a term I've heard before.. Rather that's something new, or very old is beyond me."

He let out a sigh, and glanced away, then. "Well...at least you only got made to feel bad. She...pulled that secret out of my head. The...mage I'm in love with." His face burned hotly, for a moment, but he didn't speak of it further.

"There's....not much we can do for them until you've rested. I'd like to assume they'll be sensible enough to head to the capital, or Uthlyn, but there's little we can do to help, just now "

Medievarad

"I.. My guess is on very old-.." She grunted softly, using her hand to tug at Diz' shoulder to sit up with her own strength. She appreciated the assistance, but in her hase of pain and bloodloss, the best course of action to her was testing her strength.

Naturally, she failed andand slumped back against her Captain. The armour clunking as it collided. She glanced up at Disgaua. "...Is she marked?" She inquired, frowning softly. "And.. Make me feel bad? She.. She threatened to kill my parents," she murmured weakly.

Marakai Trin

He did his best to soften the blow as she slumped back against him, turning just slightly so she could fall against his chest rather than his pauldron.

He grimaced when she asked if Nyla was marked, and was silent for a moment. "....no, she's not marked. Not yet. I'm...trying to convince her of it, without the fanfare of a trial, or the possibility of her being sent off to a camp." He sighed, and glanced off onto the distance. "If it's any consolation, Em,  I.... Didn't know she was a mage until later. The situation is...complicated. And...I'm not going to ask you as your Captain, but as your friend. Please. Don't...tell the Major. I'd like this handled quietly, if possible."

He sighed, looking away. He didn't feel ashamed for loving Nyla, but he definitely felt as though he was going against his duty.

"And...I was sort of trying to get your mind off of that. You've got worse things to worry about at the moment."

Medievarad

Emerald frowned softly. "I won't.. For now.. But if you take-.." She let out a ragged breath, shuddering softly. "I.. -will- personally drag her in," she said with a soft scowl. By no means did shenot think less of him for falling in love with anyone. It wasn't her place to care and love worked mysteriously.

Though she was positively disgusted at it being a mage. She just couldn't grasp the concept of it.

She met Diz' eyes again. "What.. My arm's not coming back," she croaked weakly. "So.. It's not a thing.. To worry."

Marakai Trin

To her reply of Nyla, he merely nodded. He was relieved at what allowance he'd been able to get from her - he'd expected much worse.

He only hoped that he could convince Nyla before Emerald intervened. The outcome expected of that was... Much less than satisfactory. Not that he expected Emerald to purposely cause harm to her, though. He worried about what the bureaucracy would do to her.

He closed his eyes and tried to push the thought from his mind. There were more dire things to think about.

"Emerald...somehow, we've got to get you back to Reijh, so you can get proper attention. And....your arm may be less of a loss than you'd think. There are...ways. Ways I know you don't approve of, but... I don't see any other alternative. You can't..."

He trailed off for a moment, letting out a heavy sigh. Emerald was one of the good ones. Not to say they weren't all good, but Em was one of those he knew that, without a doubt, he could trust with his life. In or out of the armor. But he hated the words he would utter next, hated to have to tell her the truth of the matter.

"You know... Just as well as I do...that you can't very well serve Connlaoth in your condition. So....I see three choices. You can take your merits and be forced to retire, or take some bullshit desk job. Or you can seek a replacement for a lost limb, one that will take much time to get used to."

Then he looked down to her, his expression unreadable. "...or you can find someone to heal you, and be  whole again. You're trusting me with Nyla's marking, so...I wouldn't say a word about it. No one would be the wiser."

Medievarad

She looked up at Disgaua with a frown, before already pre-emptively shaking her head. Magic was vile. She was taught this as a child. And she had witnessed what mages could do first hand. Even if she'd gotten her arm back trough it, she suspected she'd feel dirty. Disgusted by a part of her own.

She'd rather remain without an arm, rather than have one conjured up again just like that. It went against principles and all that. She scowled as Diz actually suggested of having her arm regrown through arcane arts. "I'll find a replacement," she breathed, slightly erratic. And at the same time, surprised. "I'll do it Naturally."

Marakai Trin

He sighed, and nodded. "Suit yourself. I expected as much, I just....well. Nevermind." He looked up from her, his gaze far away.

"Just so long as we can get you back into fighting shape. I don't want to lose one of my favorites."

Medievarad

"Nevermind.. What, Diz? Tell-... Me," Emerald grunted softly. She let out a soft chuckle, before wheezing out a pained breath. I'm.. Honoured."

Marakai Trin

"....I don't want to see the looks on your face when you wish this didn't happen to you, every time you reach with a limb that isn't there to grasp with a hand that you don't have. I've seen the looks more and more in the past eight years, since this damn war began, with soldiers missing arms and legs." Diz let out a wistful sigh, his gaze moving back to look at her.

"You don't deserve that. That's what I mean."

Medievarad

She nodded slowly. "Sorry Captain," she shook her head, regaining a tidbit of her strength. "It.. Wouldn't be the same. It wouldn't be a part of me. I lost this piece. Nothing will bring it back."

She took a deep breath. "Just.. Help me in the saddle.. Zenurik will take it from there.."

Marakai Trin

He let out a long sigh, and nodded. He slipped his arms under her armpits and maneuvered himself to a position where he could easily stand.

With a heave, he lifted himself and her into standing positions. Quickly he ducked under her good arm in case she stumbled, holding her steady.

"I'll ride right behind you, then."

Medievarad

Emerald whinced in pain as she was pulled to her feet. The stump igniting with pain again as she was pulled up straight. She licked her lips and swallowed heavily, before nodding. "Alright," she grunted. "Z-.. Zenurik," she called out weakly for her mount.