Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Drawn By An Unnamable Force (AKA Aven) [Aevum]

Started by TheHopeseeker, February 27, 2017, 04:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHopeseeker

tag to @AevumEternity
May contain some violence, probable swearing (It's Ignis after all) and maybe some other shenanigans

The chalk scratched down the wall of the room loudly, the rough sound filling the small quarters. It was the twenty-seventh. Its predecessors marked the area of wall behind and above it, tiny ticks on the bland grey. Something to strike the days, keep track of how long it took. How long rebellion and insider sabotage took to wreak havoc on a tyranny. If it worked, that is.

Ignis sighed, rolling the white chalk between his palms as he gazed at the twenty seven tiny lines creating a strange pattern on his wall. Four weeks he had been here in Reajh now, trapped in the suffocating confines of a city that would happily see him executed were they to discover his true motives for simply entering their capital, let alone their Mordecai, their "protection".

He was seriously beginning to doubt that last part, the month spent blending in with the ranks of his fellow Mordecai showing him just how twisted Connloath was. He had known, before, that things were out of control; mages actively hunted down, the laws almost oppressive, the Grand Duke a Grand Douce.

He just hadn't known it was this bad.

Slipping the chalk back underneath his pillow and throwing the curtains wide, he pushed open the creaking, rusted Windows and leaned on the thick sill, letting the morning breeze play havoc with his already messy hair, ruffling the collar of his shirt and jacket as well. It was one of the small comforts he took, this morning routine. The early morning air invigorated him, reminded him of what he could never return to if he failed here. The life he had known before. It was easy to blame Alveron for pushing him into such peril, but he knew in his heart that if any other had come to him with the prospect in any other manner, he still would have done the same. It was in his nature, despite what others told him, and what he told himself.

The bell chimed, signalling the start of the Reajhan day.

A grim smile pulled at his lips. Time to go to work.

AevumEternity

The bell chimed, signalling the start of the Rejhan day.

And the beginning of a rather long, body tearing, mind wrenching day for the Major. She slid from her thick sheets reluctantly, stretching her body until every muscle seemed contently relaxed and each joint snapped merrily into place. She began to move about her private quarters, sliding on the essentials- gooseflesh from the cool air long having spread over her bare skin- moving on to her mandatory tunic and pants- both dirtied from the rpevious days' training.

Today would be no different from most days but for the presence of a fellow Mordecai joining her- why? She had no clue, nor did she particularly care, all that mattered was that he (or she) would be strutting about the training yard like an armed peacock judging her men. Luckily she was the type to assert cominance rather quickly so surely she would have little frustration, yes?

Shaking out her hair from the collar, she strode quickly through thebarracks, offering her subordinates the occasional nod before shifting into the training ground, looking about impatiently- where was this man?

TheHopeseeker

Ignis descended the steps to the training ground two at a time, tucking his shirt into his belt as he went. Harbinger smacked the back of his head as he finished with the shirt, reminding him of the fact he had yet to fasten the second strap that held the sword firm on his back. Grumbling slightly to himself, he set about buckling the sheath in place as he strode into the large training yard.

His shock of white hair stood out from the Connloathian mob, setting him apart from them in an unmistakable manner. Still, he paid their sideways looks no mind, electric blue eyes raking over the crowd. He was supposed to be meeting with some General today, looking over her troops and undergoing a mission with them. He suspected the Order believed him to have a lot of experience in a lot of things that he didn't. Frankly he had no idea what he was doing. But, hey, winging it had gotten him this far. May as well keep on going.

He spotted the woman he was supposed to meet, then, standing on the opposite side of the yard. Typical. Weaving his way through the men and women training in the area, he raised a hand to catch her attention, best not to startle a military general who happened to be a Mordecai as well.

To her, his presence would feel muted. While most Mordecai had a familiar thrum and flow of their negative abilities, Ignis was silent. There was an aura there, but it was as though it was a ghost, a shadow.

AevumEternity

As he approached, she could feel this odd change in his aura, it differed from others- it was much weaker. Where as, in retrospect, as he drew into several meters of her, it would be a shock as if stepping from a warm room into a blizzard. The aura enough to cause breath to briefly stop and heart to jump. Nonetheless, the Major moved to greet him, extending a hand," Are you the Mordecai they sent?" She inquires somewhat dryly , seeming to look him up and down rather briefly

TheHopeseeker

Ignis nodded, placing his own gloved right hand in hers with a single shake, "Ignis Aella." The lie slid off his tongue with ease, the name he had adopted as familiar to him as his own. Hopefully Luna wouldn't mind if she found out he was using her family name to infiltrate and destroy the Duchey of Connloath.

He almost smiled at that, but smothered it quickly as he brought his hand back and folded his arms over his chest, quietly discomforted by the powerful aura the woman cast. She was strong, evidently so, but sometimes the strongest powers were the quiet ones.

AevumEternity

" 'Ignis'?" she echoes," 'Fire'? Are you a devout disciple of Ansgar mayhaps?" she inquires, tilting her head gently to one side as she shakes his hand firmly. She releases his arm, motioning for him to follow her as she turns swiftly, long straight locks swinging elegantly across her back.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis snorted and shook his head, falling into step with her easily, "Can't say that I am. I was raised an Adella, with questionable ethnicity. So my view on religion and the gods is somewhat...cackhanded." He confessed, somewhat amused that she had immediately picked up on the meaning of his name.

AevumEternity

" I see- well, I only ask due to some of the more obscure hymns mentioning divine fire- 'Ignis Divine'-" offering hima  vague smile as they weaved through the pockets of platoons and their sergeants, she chides," I suppose I can show you the stables first, stay close, I will not stop." plunging forth as they make their way to a long, low building taking up an entire side of the courtyard- the smell of animal feces and clean hay permeating through the air.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis let out a soft chuff at that, folding his hands together behind his back in a more relaxed walk. He breathed in deeply when they arrived in the stables, inhaling the familiar scent of the magnificent Connloathian warhorses. They far outranked his own chestnut mare, but they were A) far too exotic for his tastes, B) There was practically no way he could get his hands on one outside of this little farce, and C) his mare was far more suited for the boring travel and wander he undertook. A warhorse would no doubt go mad from boredom with his tendencies to dilly dally around the place.

Didn't mean he wasn't going to enjoy the privilege while he got it though b

AevumEternity

As they moved into the long cooridor- lit sparingly bu the occasional skylight, the vast array of war animals seemed to come to life. Most notably as the end of the hall- a stable door all but splintering under the force of powerful hooves as a massive, and perhaps familiar white Theocog roared a welcome. Sticking its head briefly out of the stall to give Ignis the elevator eyes before snorting in disappointment," Ah- Purgatorio is throwing a tantrum again... Tell me Ignis, have you ever ridden a true charger before? Or particpated in heavy cavalry?" She muses, jogging now to hurry to the stall where a hapless stablehand was attempting to calm the beast.

Wycliff

Aven strides out onto the practice field, clad in his full plate and helm, beginning to stretch his arms and legs in preparation for the day. He glanced around for Hakon, puzzled, as she was often around this area, either observing the training or beating some poor sap mercilessly into the dirt. He sighs, as that 'poor sap' was him ninety percent of the time.
A memory surfaces, suddenly, of a conversation they'd had the previous day about headquarters sending Mordecai to join her on her next assignment. He surmises that she is probably entertaining the man- or woman, he didn't judge- at the moment, probably some pompous old fool too set in his ways to join Aven's growing band of revolutionaries. A pity, but it can't be helped; not everyone has the guts to stand up against a regime. He pulls his greatsword off his back, beginning to do repetitive practice swings: he may not be able to train his muscles, but training his mind to use the shadows in his armor like normal muscles was certainly an exercise he could use.
In the stable, Ingis' arm may begin to act up from Aven's presence in the nearby area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHopeseeker

Ignis picked up a jog with a light skip into the pace, following Hakon down the aisle to the massive charger. "I can't say I've ever ridden a Theocog, no," He replied, keeping his distance from the angry beast and watching quietly, "Though I have ridden a dragon, which I dare say you haven't." He grinned.

A slight grunt left his lips then, left hand jerking in an attempt to rise to his right shoulder. Stilling his traitorous appendage, he gritted his teeth. A spiking tingle ran down his arm, a familiar sensation, if somewhat dulled from the usual. He knew this feeling.

....Aven. Juuuust great.

AevumEternity

" Ah so I suppose we are both superior in our own ways- alas, if you wish to observe us, you will have to learn to ride with us- there is an available Ground Drake who dearly needs some excersize- perhaps that would interest you due to the similarities it would share with a flying counterpart," Cocking her head with a dry smile, she motions toward another stall where a massive black and feathered lizard lay curled up quite contently despite its neighbor's tantrum.

Purgatorio eagerly nuzzles Hakon's stomach as she turns to murmur sweet nothings to the beast.

TheHopeseeker

Ignis chuckled, subtly massaging the palm of his hand over his shoulder to abate the arm's reaction to Aven's presence. "Much and all as I appreciate the offer, one of these magnificent creatures shall serve me quite well," he tilted his head to a side a little, a smirk playing at his lips, " I do ride as well."

Wycliff

Aven hears the ruckus of one of Purgatorio's tantrums from all the way across the yard. Ah, that's where she is. Time to scope the opposition, as they say. Aven walks briskly across the field, toward the stables, curiosity tugging at his feet.

AevumEternity

" We shall see," the Major returns idly, opening the splintered and rather pitiful remains of the stall door- pressing her fingertips beneath the massive warhorse's whiskered chin- leading him out, the gesture seeming to remind the beast whom was exactly in charge here. The six powerful, ivory legs moved slowly but each muscle rippled beneath the thin pelt, scars from many battles lining the skin as the Major then turns toward him," Then choose your mount, I would personally like to see if you're truly worth judging my men, hm? I believe that is fair,"

TheHopeseeker

Ignis laughed again, a proper sound this time, full of mirth and and inkling of respect. This woman knew what she was about. Turning, he ran his gaze down the many stalls, eyes taking over the mounts he could see. Slowly meandering down the aisle, he stopped near the door of a striking, purely black mount. It's coat shone in the light filtering from the roof, intelligent eyes taking in the man looking it over. A light of excitement burned through electric blue hues as Ignis turned his gaze back to Hakon, "Is this one claimed?" He asked, palpable fire burning in his gaze and in his voice.

Wycliff

Here Beatrice was, trying to enjoy some high quality hay, when Purgatorio started making a giant ruckus...for the third time that week. She swore, the fiendish creature was never content unless it's hussy of a master was riding it. Not only that, but directly after, some white haired Mordecai approached her stall, staring at her with startlingly blue eyes, referring to her as if she were some random barn animal to be bought. How dare he, the only being allowed to ride her is Aven; well, safely, at least, she nickers.
Aven strode into the stables, not bothering to stop the clanking of his massive armor and greatsword strapped to his back. If he was going to meet this Mordecai, he was going to do it right: intimidatingly.

AevumEternity

" Ah..." As she sees Beatrice in the line of Ignis' sight, she chuckles faintly and continues," Yes but she's a favorite of the men, you're welcome to ride her- but I warn you, she's a temperamental one-" snickering faintly. She tilt her head with a half smirk, Carefully sliding away from Purgatorio, retrieving the bridle neatly hung upon the bashed wall of the Theocog's stable," Are you sure you can tame her, sir?"

Of course Purgatorio threw a tantrum! How else was he supposed to show off to the stunning mare in the next stall? By trying to look over the wall or swing his head around the divider to admire her? He'd tried that but received quite the kick to the face- so simply breaking down the walls seemed the next logical answer to winning Beatrice's heart!

TheHopeseeker

Ignis grinned, planting his hands firmly on his hips at the question. "Won't know till I try, will I know?" He said, admiring the sleek, almost polished looking coat of the animal. He turned upon hearing the heavy clunk of armour, a frown darkening his features as the owner of the heavy footsteps appeared in view. A startled look came over his features when he laid a name to the face he saw, his arm throbbing in time with his breath as he blinked. "Aven?"

(Was actually thinking Ig could get his own, but meh.)