Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You Can't Run From the Nightmares [visualspice]

Started by DragonSong, May 10, 2020, 12:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Jasper looked around, growing desperate, as the people around them murmured and shook their heads—and most began to move on.

He was just a street kid. It was unfortunate, but...not worth their effort to stop and help. Not when he's die young anyway.

Jasper gritted her teeth against a surge of helpless rage and scooped her hands under Jace's arms, trying to keep his head steady against her shoulder as she began to drag him down a side alley, out of view.

Healing spells had never been her strength, but if she could just get him stable, then she could get him to a real healer. One who wouldn't be arrested for magic if she got caught.

This is so, so stupid.

visualspice

Darkness all but consumed him, pulling him into the fog of his dreams. He was in the swamps again,but he couldn't make out much details for the whole place was enveloped in a red fog.

A purplish light pulsed somewhere in the mists, so he moved towards the beacon of light, not knowing what else to do. It was then he saw the figure of Kadiddle, the strange sluggish caterpillar type guide in this world of dreams. It seemed the strange light came from the whiskered dream slug but as Jace approached... something seemed... off.

"Kadiddle?" He asked,  hesitating with each step as he drew nearer, only to pause when he realized.. "You're bleeding."

The lethargic slug turned to him,breathing slow, breathing labored.

"No," came his voice. "I do not bleed." He waggled his whiskers as unfocused eyes peered around. Then he turned to Jace.  "You bleed. You are dieing. "
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"C'mon, wake up, wake up, please..."

Jasper was crouched over Jace's body, one hand spread over the center of his chest, the other hovering above what she assumed were fractured ribs. She was no accomplished healer, but as best she could tell, the worst of his injuries were a broken rib that had punctured his lung. If she could just get that healed, just do enough to keep him conscious until she could get him to someone who actually knew what they were doing...

"Jace, please, wake up," she breathed, feeding magic desperately into his body. It didn't occur to her to worry that, if simply touching his hand had been enough to spark some strange reaction from her power, actually using her magic to heal him might do...something similar.

She didn't have time to consider it. He was dying, and if her magic wasn't enough to get him stable...she didn't know what to do.

visualspice

That's when something bloomed, a sound, an image of color.. a light. Jace looked up at the sky, then the world around him, reality seeming to shift and bend like a kaleidoscope.

"What.. what's going on?" Jace stammered, eyes only tearing away from the ribboning scene when he heard Kafiddle speak.

"She's near," the worm like creature gurgle and croaked and was suddenly vomiting out some strange cloth like substance that he began to frantically knit with the series of rippling arms and legs down his segmented body.

Jace's face skewed, his confusion clear before he turned back to the world, light streaming down warmly into it. The light.. it.. it was strange, as if it were made of silk as it touched him lightly and he regarded it for a moment before reaching his own hand out and touching the light.

And his world hissed white.

And the young man suddenly jetked back into reality, pale and sweating and shaking in his own blood. And for a moment he couldn't see. And for a moment he could still hear the echoing clattering of Kadiddle 's frenzied knitting before a strange sigh escaped between the world's and Jace could see the earth abd sky and woman before him.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Magic exploded behind her eyes in a kaleidoscope of color, forcing her to choke back a cry as she reeled back from her prone companion and waved blindly in front of her face, as though trying to clear smoke from her vision.

"What the hell are you?" she breathed as the color slowly faded back to a familiar pulse of power in her fingertips, unaware that Jace seemed to be regaining consciousness. "What...how...?"

Shit. Was he even still breathing? She was close to panic, not sure why her magic was reacting the way it did and now terrified that someone might have seen.

"Jace, please tell me you're still breathing."

visualspice

Jace lay there in a heap, breathing and wheezing hard before he croaked a weak reply, 'Okay "
He managed a small smile.
"I'm.." he wheezed. "Still.. breathing." And he closed his eyes, as if speaking wore him down to the bone.

DragonSong

"Oh thank gods." Jasper bent forward, panting. Her vision was spinning—she hadn't used magic that draining in months. "Can—can you stand? We need to get you to a healer..."

visualspice

Jace groaned,  breathing still labored.
"Not... sure, " he winced when he tried to move, the pain catching the breath in his throat.

DragonSong

"Easy, easy." She put a hand on his shoulder, grateful that her gloves were still working—even if this odd boy seemed occasionally immune to the distance they provided. "Here, lemme help..."

Carefully, she tried to get to her feet and bring him with her, one hand against the wall of the alley in an effort to steady them both.

visualspice

But as she did, Jace felt whatever strength remained gave out as he toppled against her with a gasp.

DragonSong

"Whoa, whoa." Jasper staggered under his weight, just barely able to avoid dropping to her knees. "Steady on. Just breathe. You still with me?"

visualspice

Jace groaned but managed to give her a boyish grin.
"Naturally, " he flirted. "Even death can't keep me from making a pretty girl smile."

And did he ever look like hell.. but hey, he wasn't dead. And he also hoped he could atleast get a smile out of her.

DragonSong

She snorted at that, rolling her eyes heavily. "Gods save me from sweettalkers," she grumbled, fighting to keep a tiny smile from her lips. "Come on. If you can flirt, you're well enough for us to get you to a healer without me having to carry you the whole way."

visualspice

Jace beamed but most of his energy was spent. But he helped the best he could,  grimacing with each move until the pair were standing.

"You know..." he wheezed, smile still pained across his lips. "If I knew you liked injured men, I might have tried to hurt myself earlier," he croaked a joke.

DragonSong

"You hush. You don't have the strength to be making jokes." She glanced back out of the alley where she'd rushed with him when he'd first been injured, trying to figure out...well, what to do.

"I don't know this city," she cursed quietly. "I don't know where to find a healer..."

visualspice

Jace closed his eyes painfully,  but somehow managed a laugh. But he felt that familiar pull.. a sleepy lull....

He thought back to Kadiddle and stiffened suddenly. He said the Dreamer was close, real close.

Could it be possible....? He opened his eyes to study Jasper.

Is it possible this young woman is the one he sought?
But then he grew tired,  eyes remarkably heavy.

"Heh.. would be a shame to die now."

DragonSong

"Nonononono, no dying," Jasper snapped, and had to resist the urge to grab for him. She didn't want to accidentally make him worse.

Damnit, they needed a real healer.

"Okay." She took a breadth. "Okay." Adjusting her gloves, she shuffled her grip on him him and started to tuck herself under his shoulder cautiously. "If I can...get your arm around me, help you stand, do you think you can walk?"

visualspice

Jace only smiled. It was hard to tell if he was listening, his eyes distant, mind fogging in and out.

"I've had dreams..." he mumbled, eyes seeming to glaze. "Did you know not everybody dreams? Some are lucky not to..."

He suddenly coughed. Blood.. he had coughed up blood. He winced, blinking and his eyes registered her.

"Do you dream?" he asked, eyes meeting hers.

DragonSong

"What—yes, of course I dream."

What in all hells was he talking about? Oh gods, she didn't know what to do if he went properly delirious.

"Hey, focus, huh?" She took a few steps, trying to guide him along with her. "C'mon, let's get you to a healer..."

She needed to keep him moving, keep him properly conscious.

"Why don't you tell me about these dreams?" she said quickly as she tried to guide him along.

visualspice

Jace couldn't tell if he was walking, staring, drifting.. dreaming...

"Sometimes we dream to protect... " he laughed..smile weak. "I guess I lived that one.." 

And he began to fall away. The darkness was too strong, too hungry...
And he felt so very tired.