Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

With A Good Compromise, No One Is Happy [spice!]

Started by DragonSong, April 30, 2021, 05:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Mikhail arched an eyebrow as he tuned into their parents' conversation. A month or two of Gavriella living with them before the wedding? It wasn't unheard of, but it wasn't exactly common either. Although...he supposed part of the point of this whole ridiculous show was getting her out of Connlaoth as the conflict of the civil war closed in.

"You're sure to be the talk of all high society," he drawled quietly, and neatly dodged the elbow his sister threw back in his direction. "What? That's a good thing—people will be happier to know her than me. She'll be the exciting new debutant with all the news from Connlaoth, won't she?"

Reina glowered at him. "Not. Helping. Misha."

visualspice

Gavriella wasn't sure what to say. She looked to her brother but wasn't sure he'd be any help. And with haste, turned to Reina to add in her own, "But why couldn't those few months be here? If I'm staying in Serendipity, wouldn't it also be equally advantageous for my groom to be introduced to my own family as well?"

She knew her argument was moot, and it made more sense for her to leave,  but she couldn't help but say it- not that their parents were paying them much, if any, attention.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

If Lady Bartok heard her, she didn't seem to think the comment worth a response. Reina gave Gavriella a sympathetic look, but kept quiet--in fact, she seemed to be becoming a bit distracted, glancing toward the parlor door every so often as though...worried about something.

Mikhail simply arched an eyebrow at the young woman and noted quietly, "I was rather under the impression a main driving factor behind this engagement was to remove you from the country as quickly and safely as possible?"

visualspice

Gavriella turned her nose up and away from him.
"Only because my parents are being unreasonable. You have been here long enough. What true danger is there from this war?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

In the other chair, Andreas went stiff and tense. Mikhail flicked his gaze toward the other heir apparent, and some sort of understanding crossed his face, gone in a flash. A muscle in his jaw twitched and he dropped his eyes.

“…Will your father even let you go to Serendipity?” he murmured to Andreas after a long moment.

Andreas shot him a cold, emotionless look. “…For a time.”

Mikhail nodded, looking away again. He thought about saying something to Gavriella about minding her tongue about the dangers of the war around the people who would actually be sent to fight in it, but thought better of it. Clearly her brother hadn’t told her, and he wasn’t about to do so in this parlor.

visualspice

The tension in the air was palpable. She fought back a reaction but felt numb for it. She sensed something off from her brother and frowned before she looked away. That's when her eyes absently fell upon Mikhail and once she realized it, she made haste to avoid actually meeting his gaze.

DragonSong

Mikhail sighed and scrubbed a hand down his face. He was making an effort on his own part to avoid his betrothed's eyes, though it was more from exhaustion than embarrassment.

"How much longer do you think they'll keep us here?" he muttered, low enough that their parents wouldn't overhear.

Both Reina and Andreas did, however, and gave him matching sharp looks that under normal circumstances he might have chuckled at.

visualspice

It was about that time Gavriella stole another glance at her intended. His eyes were averted, so she felt less inclined to hide the fact she was studying him. She supposed she ought to get a good look at the man if she were to marry him. He was good looking enough, having a 'pretty' quality about him- but that might have been due to his more slender, serenian features and dark lashes. It was his eyes that made her a little uneasy. They were just so pale. She supposed they were pretty in their own right, she was just used to seeing people with more depth in their eyes. And he seemed very distracted, aloof, and more concerned with anything else than being here.

That made two of them.

"Perhaps we should order some wine."

They needed something to break the tension. Otherwise, she'd run away again just to break the mood.

DragonSong

Misha snorted, quickly raising a hand to smother the noise. He looked at his bride-to-be with a sudden new spark in his eyes, something almost...admiring.

"You're funny," he noted quietly, offering a small smile.

visualspice

Gavriella couldn't have jumped from her skin when he finally addressed her. She'd just assumed he'd continue to look elsewhere. But she did her best to remain composed. But then at his comment...

Her brows furrowed.

"Did I say or do something to amuse you?"
She couldn't think at what. Was it the comment about the wine? Perhaps serenians were.. less to take to drink?

DragonSong

"Oh, well—" He found himself fumbling, which he didn't often do. "Wine improves most situations, I find, I just didn't expect—"

"Mikhail."

He sat up straighter. "Ah, yes, Mother?"

"Your opinion?" When he just stared at her, she sighed and elaborated, "On travel arrangements."

Oh.

Right.

visualspice

Gavriella hadn't expected the man to.. well, react like that. It took her off guard that he seemed to have been offguard. But for what? She chewed on her lower lip but quickly halted her terrible habit and returned her face to neutral. Even though she was young, her mother always reminded her girls should smile less- not because they are unhappy, but because it cases lines on the face and a woman should always take the utmost care of her face to preserve youth and beauty.

Even still, Gavriella's blue eyes often gave her away, and she could be quite expressive at times. It was one of the things she struggled with on as acts a lady ought to carry. She hoped she wasn't too obvious now.

As Mikhail was distracted with his parents inquiring on his opinion, she sighed inwardly and studied them with an attempt at neutrality. She would have to get to know these people as well. They would be her family soon enough.

But even still..
she had a hard time staying focused, and her eyes strayed back towards studying Mikhail...