Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Returning home (open)

Started by Nahashsan, March 04, 2023, 05:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahashsan

Without thinking he sprinted off after the young lass. The didn't know why she was making such big fuss over her hair. He didn't care that she was dressed as a tomboy.

He thought about getting his horse but thought better about it. Max would just scare her more. It was best to follow on foot.

"Will you slow down, I just wanted to help" he called after her as he gave chase.

visualspice

Was this for real? Was the soldier chasing her?! That confirmed her suspicions rightly enough as she moved with her dog into a nearby alleyway where she nearly crashed into another.

The man caught her up, grumbling about she needed to watch she she was going.. but then he recognized the dog.

"Hey.. it's you." He held onto her more firmly, she squirming beneath his grip. "You cost us a lot of money, girly."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nahashsan

He pursued the pair out of the clearing and into the nearby slums. As he turned the corner he saw the girl being held up by a man.  Was he from before,he looked familiar but was hard to say.  "Can I have a word with the young lady you have there?" He ask not really sure how to approach the situation.

visualspice

The second Soules appeared the man cursed. Before he could think better, he agreed, shoving the girl bodily in the soldier's direction. 

The girl let out a yelp, tripping over her own two feet in a most unfortunate angle before she crashed straight into Soules.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nahashsan

Soules wasn't expecting the man the practically throw the poor girl. He stepped forward to catch her which was good because she tripped and fell.

"It's ok, I got you" he said softly as he help the young lady back up. Turning his gaze to the man who he figured would have ran off by now "did you have to shove her like that, that damn dog really chewed her up."

visualspice

The young woman struggled only moments after Soules had so eloquently caught her, but any weight on her ankle caused her to cry out in pain- and clutch stiffly onto Soules.

Her ankle.. 'by Ansgar's name,' she thought.  'Please don't be broken!'

Nahashsan

"Can you walk or do I need to carry you?"  He wished max was here. If he had the horse she could just ride back to the clearing. "We still need to treat your wounds"

visualspice

Her dog whimpered beside them as the young woman grit her teeth, remaining silent, but in pain. She didn't want to admit how much it hurt to walk, but the tears in her eyes betrayed her new silence towards the pain. She was so frustrated by it all she could spit. 

"I can try to walk," She finally forced herself to say.

Nahashsan

Soules let out a frustrated sigh as he watched the girl struggle with the pain.  "Here, put you arm over my shoulder. I'll help support your weight. We don't want to make it worse."

He looked at her blooded arm, it was going to make a mess out of his nice uniform. Oh well, he couldn't leave someone in need. It just wasn't in his nature to not help.

visualspice

The young woman grit her teeth, hateful of the fact she found herself with little choice. She nodded curtly, throwing an arm around him and seething at the pain it caused.

"Wh.. why are you helping me?" She found herself asking, through painful grunts as she walked.

Nahashsan

Soules help the girl take some of the weight off her injured foot.  "I help because you needed it and I was in a position to do something. It is just who I am" he said reassuringly.

visualspice

The young woman grew quiet at that.  He just wanted to help...
So far, his actions proved that yet stilll...

It was always difficult for her to trust.

"Let's move slow. Dozen's injured and I want to be sure he keeps up."

Nahashsan

Soules had thought he was taking it slow but at her request he slowed down even more. At such a slow pace it was going to take awhile to get back so he tried to make conversation along the way.  "I am Soules Jolon, what is your name?"

visualspice

She was quiet for a time after he asked before replying simply, "Althea."
She avoided his gaze, staring off towards the road before shifting uncomfortably within his arms. It wasn't until she noted her dog approached and nuzzled Soules ' hand with a gentle lick did she make a strange face.
Dozen never did that to strangers before...

Nahashsan

'Althea' was the only response he got. It was a pretty enough name or so Soules thought.

He stopped to let Althea rest just out side of town.  As they stood there the dog came up and nuzzled his hand. "Hey there Dozen" he said softly as he petted his head.

visualspice

She felt a pang of guilt as she watched him interacting with her dog. But what could be done for it? Life had never been easy and one too many times she has been too trusting that it forced her to be this way. The man seemed to truly want to help.

And Dozen seemed to trust him.

The dog licked his hand and its tail thumped as it wagged between its legs. 

"Dogs are smart. Dozen knows you've help 'em."

Nahashsan

"So true, animals have a 6th sense, they can tell a person's nature," he replied with a small smile. "Let's get back to the clearing and get you patched up." He said as they started walking again.

Back in the clearing, Soules was happy to his horse Max was still right where he had left him. Less pleasant was the gore left on the sand. He would to bury that before he left.

He let Althea down near were she had left the bandages and ointment. "Can you treat your Wounds yourself or would you like some help?" he asked

visualspice

"I can do it meself," She said a little too quickly. Then turned away to work at her wounds, only peaking over towards Soules and her dog when she was nearly done.

Her leg hurt, but not much was to be done for it. And as she considered it, she sighed loudly and looked around. 

Well.. atleast for now.. she and Dozen were safe.

Nahashsan

While the young lass bandaged her wounds Soules worked on cleaning up the clearing.  He didn't have a shovel so could only dig a shallow grave for the poor fighting dog he had killed. He felt sorry for the dog, knowing it was the humans that were at fault.

Once finished he sat down and petted Dozen  while he waited.

"Do you live near by, I could held you home before I leave" he ask kindly

visualspice

Althea stiffened. Then she was quick to shake her head. The last thing she wanted was for some strange man to.know where she lived.

"No.. no, we'll be fine on our own."

They always were. She didn't need help though...
She tried to ignore the bubbling guilt of rejecting him. It was a stupid reaction and she wanted to Snuff that feeling out.

"You can be on your way. We'll be fine."