Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Book of Stars

Started by visualspice, August 19, 2023, 04:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Kah'zeem was red faced, which was surprisingly visible in what light was afforded to them in the dark. Or.... perhaps it was just obvious in his expression. He growled, irritation making his voice now shrill. 

"Just name your price! The woman- she's getting away!"

By now, Muh'tah had finally shown his face, groaning as he stumbled towards the pair. He looked like he had been through some things- all banged up with some gashes and rips to his clothing.

At the sight of his companion, Kah'zeem shrieked.
"Muh'tah! Get the woman! She's getting away!"

Muh'tah, in a daze, slowly came to his senses and at the sight of the star bodied woman outside of the cage, he too- have a shriek.  He rushed after her, picking up a chair as he went.

"Muh'tah!? What are you doing!?"

The second the woman noticed Muh'tah dashing her way she took off into the sands- rushing towards the twinkling city with arms extended. 

"I'm going to knock her out with this chair!" Meh'tah called back.

Kah'zeem squawked. "What!?"

"She can't get to the city!" Muh'tah called overtop of any protest from Kah'zeem.

"Don't just stand there!" Kah'zeem shrieked again, looking at Derry. "Capture that woman and bring her back to me! I'll pay you three times our promised amount! Just go! Go and get her!!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Hyacinthus

A frown formed on Derry's features as Kah'zeem assaulted his ears with a variety of screams, shrieks and super-loud yelling. He practically recoiled at the sound, rubbing at his ear to soothe it while still standing about. "Shah, man— you're going to call the damned hippo back."

He glanced over at Muh'tah— admittedly, happy he was doing alright— before shrugging. "Fine, let's do this— I'll go and corral her back over this way. When I get back? You double this," He explained, lifting the small bag of gold from his pocket and shaking it a little before putting it away again, "Or I just let her run off again. Deal? Deal."

He wasn't actually negotiating— Muh'tah doubtless wouldn't have any luck catching her, and Kah'zeem would need to deal with that leg of his at this point. Waving his hand in a dismissive manner, he turned to leave— in no clear rush as he wandered away from the collapsed tent. And why would he be? In the near distance ahead of him, he could still very clearly see her— her body aglow with golden lights as she ran off like a child set free in the marketplace for the first time.

The real question, however, was if he'd continue to care after the first or second annoyance she would no doubt put him through in the process... Alas. Money was money.

visualspice

The woman continued towards town, the glittering city lights catching her full attention- like a moth to a flame.  To her, it looked like the stars had fallen and came alive upon the earth.

So enthralled was she, she hadn't noticed the caravan moving in her direction, so when she moved again- she startled the animals pulling the carts and one completely was up turned during the donkeys reaction to the woman who- was anything but the normal desert back drop it had been walking through, almost lulled.

"What in the Shah's name was that!?" A man exclaimed as he attempted to calm the animals so both carts wouldn't get upset.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Hyacinthus

What in that Shah's name, indeed.

Derry wasn't one to be easily startled or caught off-guard; His father's 'family business' being a pretty big part of why. But as he watched from a still far-off distance as the labor livestock reacted to the strange woman's presence, he reminded himself that reticence wasn't always a boon— sometimes it was a problem.

Take his current situation, for instance. He'd just up and agreed to chase after this... thing, without really questioning how much danger he'd be putting himself in if he did so— all because he wasn't particularly phased or afraid of her. And for money, obviously. But when he stopped to think it over, wasn't that inadvertently reckless?

"I mean... they did already pay me. Do I really HAVE to do this?" He muttered to himself, still watching the animals panic from afar. Just earlier, a hippo and a crocodile had gotten uncomfortably close to his favorite shoes— likely also because of this woman. Assuming it was a woman. He only intended to transcribe some old notes, and deep dive a few documents to shed a little light on the mysterious 'star-bodied woman'... And that part of his job was over.

"...Technically, that's all I got paid for..." He also noted, nodding to himself again in assurance. Sure, he SAID he would go find her... but hey, he didn't have to do that TODAY, necessarily. If she was clumsy enough to get caught by those two fools, she'd leave enough of a trail to follow... eventually. For now, he figured that with nothing better to do, he'd continue following her at as far a distance as he could— more so listening for the sounds of the aberrant chaos her presence caused than the actual sight of her.