Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All Points Collide

Started by Anonymous, August 30, 2008, 02:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Latira arrived just behind Feyda, adjusting her body to snap her wings to her arms. She didn't want them damaged or to smack anyone with them while they were invisible. Blue eyes watched Feyda's departing figure and she was quick to pursue at a speed that was perhaps a bit fast for someone trying to be human.

She'd have to work out the physical limitations of the body at some point. She kept her eyes on the bobbing blue hair, ready to back up her friend in an instant should the situation call for it.

Anonymous

When Vivante felt the press of a weapon against his neck he yanked the first intruder sideways, toward the new one and stepped back.  Zaphikel yelped again when he manhandled.  Vivante was about to kick the first intruder into the second so Miriam and himself could get out and start looking for In-Serah, when she announced that they were good.  After giving both of them a scowl with a longer one for the woman, for her words of 'advice', Vivante released Zaph.

Zaphikel's knees were far too weak to support him when he was released and he fell heavily, splaying his hands out on the ground to keep himself from falling completely flat.  He pushed himself back to his feet soon after, brushing off the back of his coat and looking sheepish.  "My apologies... I am glad that it was just you two.  I was just looking for a place for us to hide for a while."

Vivante walked to Miriam's side when she stooped to pick up the boy.  "I am not familiar with Reajh.  We will have to try talking with someone when we leave."  He looked over his shoulder at the red haired woman with the little shoulder-demon when she asked about the cowled man.  "He is not going anywhere.  He will burden us down."

Aiofe took her sweet time walking to Blackbride's Way.  Sure it wouldn't all that odd to run considering the explosion, but they would miss stuff if they ran - and they'd look suspicious.  They were heading in the right direction for a good ambling anyway.  "Hope he ain't that far ahead of you two.  I dun wanna go knocking around on peoples' doors tryin' to find the kid.  Then word'll start spreadin' and he'll be able to try and escape again."

Tearshed blinked a few times, his vision getting a little clearer each time.  Nice, nice.  Not much time now and he'd be back in action.

Anonymous

Haze and Atel followed lackadaisically behind Aiofe, in no real rush to get to Leon themselves. The last time they tried to grab the kid, they ran into a pretty big and angry interruption. This time though, it wasn't necessary for them to try and make a move on him. They were scouts, and scouting was good. Especially in this case.
When Aiofe expressed her concerns though, Haze realized the validity in them, "Oh shit... you're right! How're we gonna..."
After his brother trailed off, Atel picked up the ball with a suggestion, "Maybe when we knock on the doors and when they answer, we can just say we're looking a lost kid. And when they ask who's lookin, tell 'em it's Mariam. Leon'll jump through hoops if he thinks Mariam's tryin' to find him."
"Great idea. One problem though, bro," started Haze in a curt manner. "You don't have tits."
"So?? All they need to know is that Mariam is lookin' for a lost kid, and if they tell Leon, he'll come runnin'! We'll just split when they answer the door and we tell 'em!"
Haze performed the perfect facepalm.

Mariam froze like a deer in the headlights of a speeding car when her eyes eventually locked onto the bite-size demon that was perched on Doji's shoulder. If she wasn't mistaken, it was the exact same demon from just several minutes before! The one that was as tall as an apartment building and looked like it was about to wreck havoc. Her eyes narrowed somewhat...
Then shot open wide as she exclaimed of Xurlaq, "He's so cute! Just look 'em! He's just like a little kitten!"
It was Vivante and the ever-present weight of Leon that reminded Mariam that they were against the clock. "Yeah. Leave him. We'll get 'em later. Ahh, damn, hun. You really don't know your way around? Well, let's start running and asking, we'll run into somebody who knows where Blackbride's Way is."
With that, Mariam started out of the storage building at a healthy jog with Leon slung over her shoulder. She didn't know if the other two and the little demon were going to come as well, but their timeline demanded that they get moving now.
It was going to be pretty awkward, trying to get directions from the locals with a face half-covered in blood and an unconscious boy thrown over her shoulder. Regardless, she inquired it of every loose citizen she was going to pass by.
And after accumulating a terrible amount of 'Go away!'s and 'Get away from me!'s, Mariam finally managed to ask the right person, who simply pointed down the street and to the left slightly, saying 'That way' before going about his own business.
It wasn't much, but it was a start.

"Norriden! Control yourself!" Nazune reprimanded sternly, not taking her eyes off of her mother. She could only wonder what he would have done if she had said a similar thing to Doji; or what she would have done if she were in his position. She let the 'What if's slide, concentrating on the situation then.
Alexian didn't seem too thrilled to see Norriden, but she looked worried about Noubohri and Nazune. Skylance made no movements, but was just satisfied to finally put a few faces to a few names.
Mother brought her right hand over her heart, saying, "Nazune... my child," before taking a step forward.
"Stay where you are," Nazune demanded forcefully of her, knowing full well of the state her mother was in.
A sorrowful smile crossed Mother's face slowly, and she took that step back. "I understand, Nazune. I know why you feel the way that you do. It is simply because you do not understand me... and you do not understand all of the wonderful things that I am doing for you. All of it, everything here... it was all for you, my child-"
"Stop it, Mother," Nazune interrupted, her voice strong through force of will. "I do understand you. We all understand you," she said, flourishing to everyone present in the building. "But you don't understand yourself, and what it is that you are truly doing. And you can't, because right now, you are terribly, terribly sick. But-" her voice trembled for just a moment, before she regained her fervor, "I'm going to help you, Mother. I'm going to make you better, I just don't know how yet."
Alexian clearly had other thoughts for Mother's fate, as evidenced by the strongly disappointed look on her face. Skylance's thoughts became apprehensive, but he showed nothing on his face and kept quiet.
Mother shook her head side-to-side very slowly, saying in a quiet voice, "My child... my own daughter... how can you say that of me? Surely you know that I love you... with all my heart... and that is something that we share-"
"Do not listen to her!" Alexian interjected loudly, growing more agitated. "Nazune, your cause is noble, but ultimately naive! What Mother has done to herself and the many innocents in her way cannot be undone! Her mind is lost, and does not allow for remorse or guilt or even morality! Strike her down now, before she can taint your good judgement with more of her lies!"
Skylance kept quiet still, staying behind Mother and Alexian and simply watching everything play out. Even now, he knew that his massive strike force was mobilized and moving out swiftly. He expected to see physical results any second.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Ayria asked Kaite, after Zekial burst through the door to the house. When she started running off after him though, she called after her, "Hey! Wait! Where are you going?" When it was apparent that Kaite was booking it, Ayria growled and mumbled to herself, "It's so hard to find good help..."
BANG!!! BANG!!! BANG!!!
Ayria hit the deck again when she heard and even felt bullets whizzing by her. Isabella was at the broken door, firing shots primarily at the running Zekial but with terrible aim now; her arm was shaking far too much for any kind of real accuracy.
Inside the house, Neseraph had subdued Seethe's gun-toting hand, saying to him, "There's a line you just don't cross."
"That's why you were a horrible Hellsend," he snarled back, glaring at him furiously.
"Can I shoot the brat? She shot me!" Reese asked, still clutching his wounded shoulder.
And Neseraph and Seethe replied at the same respectively: "No!" "Yes!"
Isabella yelled out again, and in response, the gray tendrils of energy flaring out of her back contorted around chaotically. She dropped the gun and pressed both hands to her ears again, screaming loudly at an unseen person, "Stop talking to me! Stop talking to me!"
Her whole arms began to shake violently then, worse than ever, until the gray tendrils of twisting energy finally snapped off of her back. She fell over onto her side, blood rushing furiously out of her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair, and all over her body as well.
Seethe smirked, looking at the kid with a bit of satisfaction, "No need to now."
"Shit!" Neseraph hissed, but before he could even move, the child stopped twitching.
Isabella laid there on the ground, her eyes slowly going out of focus, the pond of her own blood warming her cold body. The lights of the world seemed to become brighter to her, instead of falling into darkness. The sounds of the world became remote and distant, of no concern to her anymore.
This must be it; the Nice Angel must be keeping her promise, and she was going to see her parents again. She hadn't seen her dad since she was born, and she only recently lost her own mom -- they were going to be happy to see her too.
And as the world became too bright for her to make out anything, one last thought crossed her mind: It was her birthday.
She was eleven years old.
"happy... birthday... isa..."

Sergeant Alms saw stars before his eyes as he caught an elbow to the back of his head, and it felt like the ground punched him in the face as he fell down to it roughly. The world rolled around in his vision as he himself rolled backward, getting back onto his feet but remaining crouched.
He took a quick second to survey his surroundings: Captain Tearshed seemed to be coming around, but the mordecai Kuro seemed to be in a bad way. That wasn't good, but at least Kuro's mere presence would still prohibit the woman mage or the winged mage from using their deadliest tricks.
The winged mage was faster than a normal human, but he could still bleed. He went about reloading his rifle, his hands doing everything from muscle memory so that he could keep his eyes on Tesri. If he could land one good thrust into him, and could put a bullet in the mage as well, which might be enough to slow him down at least.
Alms cocked the hammer of his rifle.

Feyda was much to eager to stand around and wait, and she started toward the city already.
"But Feyda, we really should wai-"
Nevermind. Latira landed shortly afterward, bolting after their blue-haired leader. Becoming the caboose in their train, Lindraeus trailed behind the two of them, not quite as swift as either of them.
There was no telling where Feyda was going to go or how she was going to get there.

"Ah, I see..." Anima replied in a mocking tone when Insera gave her answer, provoking her to another scowl. She took the knife away from Insera's neck and sat back up, letting go of her chin as well. "So, the real question is, where is Neseraph? I have to admit that I was surprised to see you alone... and vulnerable. He can't be too far though, hmm?"
"Untie me, and I will show you how vulnerable I am," Insera challenged in a low growl.
For a good moment, Anima simply stared back down at her with a sour look, making no movements and simply observing. Insera was dead serious however, and quite eager for a chance to actually fight back against her captor.
After another moment, a sick grin crossed Anima's face and she leaned back in to be face-to-face with Insera, speaking in a wily tone, "You have beautiful eyes. Has anyone ever told you that?"
Caught of guard, Insera failed to mask her surprise at the random statement. She briefly recalled all of the times Neseraph had said such a thing, but remained silent.
Anima continued, slowly bringing her knife up again, "I can see why he likes you. I just want to slice those eyes out and hold them in my hand, bathe in their magnificence. I want to roll them around between my toes, and then crush them beneath my feet. They're breathtaking and appalling at the same time..." She brought the knife up to one of Insera's eyes, resting the blade on her cheek and holding the eye open with the index and thumb of her other hand. "I'd love to. I'd really love to. But I can't, oh no, not right now. I need you healthy and alive. But... maybe... just a little taste."
Anima backed off slightly, then rolled up Insera's suitcoat sleeve to the elbow, bringing  the knife down to her exposed arm.
"Get your bloody hands off of me!" Insera hollered at her furiously, struggling as best as her bonds allowed.
Anima returned a coy look to her and replied, "Don't worry. I said just a little taste. I wouldn't want to spoil my appetite, now would I?"
With that said, Anima peeled a small portion of flesh off of Insera's arm, much like one would peel the skin off of a potato. She took the scrap of flesh and dropped it into her mouth, chewing it slowly, savoring the taste. Insera face contorted with disgust as she watched Anima happily swallow the piece of her own skin.
With a wry grin, Anima commented in a very disturbing way, "Neseraph doesn't know what he's missing..." Bringing the knife back up to her arm again, she said slyly, "One more taste couldn't hurt, could it? I have been on a slight diet... it's nice to indulge a little."
Abruptly, some heavy bootfalls could be heard outside the bedroom door. Within seconds, the door was kicked open and a long pistol was aimed straight at Anima by a older man with a hat, a duster, and a salt-and-pepper beard. A small device tied to his belt was blinking and beeping rapidly.
"Let her go," he demanded sternly, keeping his gaze locked on to the smirking Anima.
Insera's eyes shot wildly open in absolute disbelief.
The man in the doorway was her own father, Alexston Richard Insera.

Anonymous

Norriden was obviously surprised when Nazune snapped at him. With a slight glance in her direction, he lowered his firearm. He returned his gaze back to the three ethereal on the other side of the shop and kept a close eye on Mother. There were many thing he wanted to say. Mainly to Mother and Alexian, but Skylance's presence also arose some questions. It would all have to wait as the current situation was about Nazune.
"Stay out of this, Alex!" Norriden snapped at his former allied High Seraphim after she decided to throw in her comments.
"This was no longer your fight the moment you turned your back to me. What you believe now does not matter any longer. I may want to strike Mother down just as much as you, but I trust Nazune's judgment." Norriden continued with his harsh words. It appeared as if a former grand alliance was beginning to break down. Noubohri was rather surprised at the turn of events, but refrained from expressing it.

Kaité, still ignoring Ayria, continued to follow Zekial, even after the shots had ceased. An electrical wisp suddenly shot across the street and stopped before the blood angel. In an instant, the wisp turned shape and formed into Morrigan. A lithe hand was placed upon Zekial's shoulder to stop his forward movement and Morrigan pointed behind him at the little girl bleeding on the ground.
"It's over. You can stop now." Morrigan spoke just as Kaité halted her steps to stop herself from colliding with Zekial's back. The green haired angel turned back to look over her shoulder at Isabella.

Xurlaq glared at Mariam with her little outburst. Doji only glanced at Xurlaq before turning back to the odd woman with a questionable look on her face. The demon was anything but cute. Xurlaq had thoughts about shrinking further to crawl down the woman's throat to tear out her insides. He paid no heed to those thoughts as she was indeed an ally to his daughter. Not having any other leads as to what was going on or where everyone else was, Doji followed Mariam.

Much to Tesri's surprise, the stubborn sergeant got back up. If that wasn't enough, the man began to reload his weapon while keeping his eyes on the demonic angel. After cocking the hammer of his rifle, the weapon's barrel was lifted up. Rosa had appeared between the soldier and Tesri and held the rifle up with her non-metallic arm. Not giving time for the man to even show any form of expression to her sudden appearance, Rosa slammed her metallic forearm into the side of the weapon in attempt to break it in half.
Tesri was probably more surprised the Connlaothian soldier was himself. Wondering what happened to Rosa's opponent, Tesri threw his gaze over to where she was fighting to see Kuro's unconscious form slumped against the wall of the nearest building.
"As I have told your friends, we are not here to hurt anyone. We are here to resolve another issue that has escalated into the chaos you see. We would appreciate it if you and your people would refrain from trying to decommission our friends." Rosa explained politely after the brutal assault on Alms' weapon.

Feyda had her eyes set on the twin billows of smoke in the distance. She continued her dash with a devilish smirk on her face. The center of chaos was always the best place to start looking for a crazed murderer. She passed by a glassblower's workshop as she neared the center of havoc. The sight of bodies here and there turned her smirk into a full on grin.

Anonymous

Smoke stung at her nose, but at least it was a smell she was accustomed too. The world seemed a lot bigger at this height.

She had been careful where she put her feet, but now that she had her human reflexes set, she could slack off of that and focus on the environment. She would follow wherever Feyda may lead.

Anonymous

Aiofe slowed down a little to listen to Atel's plan.  Which was only good when it involved knocking on other people's doors.  Say that they were Mariam?  It was way too risky.  Besides, there was no way she was going to pass off as a Mariam.  The old ladies would spend ten minutes talking about how unfortunate a name that was, long enough for Leon to overhear them, peek out a window and get out of the house.  The end of the plan somehow managed to be worse.  

"I know," she said tartly, frowning and putting her hands back on her hips.  "If I were a scared kid, with people lookin' for me and all - and I was once.  If I heard there was someone lookin' for me, and it was someone I wanted to look for me and it turned out that they ran from the door they were supposed to be at.  I wouldn't find myself at that place for too much longer.  I'd ask Auntie what 'Mariam', for example, looked like; steal me some food; and be outta there by nightfall.  

"You guys are actually kinda lucky you're looking for a boy.  It can be hard to find men and boys in Reajh, but a woman can vanish completely in this city.  Well, we're almost there.  We need to start thinkin' smart, no knockin' on doors yet, we case the street and look for any Aunties.  If we're lucky, we can find one before everyone goes shoppin' come morning.  We check then and see who's buying more food than a couple old folks can eat."  

Zaphikel pulled a pair of little glasses with green lenses out of a pocket, set them daintily on his nose and looked through them at the little demon on Doji's shoulder.  Cute was... not the word he'd use to describe the demon.  There wasn't a single thing in the universe that could make that demon cute.  Not his size, ribbons, fuzzy ears, manners, a toddler's lisp... anything.  All of that would just make the demon weirder.  And scarier.  Zaphikel was fairly certain that if the demon, in his current size, approached him with a frilly ribbon around his neck, bunny ears on his head, shook his hand and said 'Good to meet you Mistuh Zah-fee-kell' that he would scream, and probably faint.  From pure malign paradigm shift than anything.

The woman, what was her name again Mary-something to do with Mary, would probably steal the demon if he did so.  Zaphikel gave Mary a wary look, his shoulders drooping a little when Doji followed her.  He sighed and decided to remain close to Doji and far away from that Vivante guy.  

Vivante quickly grew annoyed with the citizens of Reajh, as they brushed Miriam off time and time again.  Maybe he needed to ask one where Blackbride's Way was.  They didn't have time to find someone willing to tell them.  He'd have to make someone willing to talk.  Vivante began eying a potential candidate, who was innocently crossing the street towards them.  

The pedestrian was saved though, Miriam got an answer with some substance.  Vivante turned 'that way' keeping one step behind Miriam.  

Tearshed closed his eyes, gave his head a good violent shake and, as soon as his brains stopped swirling around, opened his eyes.  Seeing nothing but civilians, medics and guards helping out medics.  Damn.  Tearshed rolled on his back and pressed both hands flat against the ground to start easing himself up.  Every breath was painful, but at least he could move!  

Which way to go though.  Which direction had all those mages he'd seen a moment ago skittered off in?  He glanced around and saw a medic, a lefteanant, point in the direction of a nearby alley, close to a crumpled black form he hoped wasn't as familiar as he thought it was.

Anonymous

Anima took her time to look Insera's father up and down before she felt the need to say anything to him, keeping the knife dangerously close to his daughter.
She chortled and asked in a derisive, patronizing way, "Do you have any idea how close you are to death?"
Richard cocked the hammer of his pistol back, locking it in place in preparation to fire, saying nothing in return but keeping a steely gaze on the maniac before him.
A slow smirk crossed Anima's face. "You certainly are bold. That's commendable."
She raised her knifeless hand, preparing a spell of black sorcery to rend his flesh-
Anima's eyes widened slightly, a look of surprise briefly leaked into her expression. Her magic wasn't working in the man's presence.
"Try again, wretch," taunted Richard Insera.
Realizing, Anima laughed lightly and spoke aloud, "Ahh, so you're one of those-"
BANG!!!
Richard had the perfect shot lined up, but Anima saw him pull the trigger of his gun and threw herself out of the way, the bullet barely missing but grazing her right cheek. Once on the ground, she hurled the knife at him while rolling and bolting toward the window at the same time. He had drop to the ground to avoid the blade, which still sliced off a small portion of the brim of his hat.
He fired another shot, even though Anima was already out the window and crawling up onto the roof of the house.
After the murderer's flight, Richard got back onto his feet and quickly made his way to the bed to start to undo Insera's bonds.
She questioned urgently of him, her eyes still wide with shock and disbelief, "Dad... why so long? Why did you not even try to contact me after sixteen years?? Why?? Why now??"
"Diane, now is not the time. The sorceress probably has not given up so easily. She will come at us again any second," replied Richard with absolute stoicism.
"Now is the time, dad. You owe me an explaination, for everything!" Insera demanded with both anger and sorrow.
After the last rope binding his daughter was cut, Richard urged, "It is time to go, Diane. We have to hurry."

Anima laid with her back to the roof of the tall house, making sure to stay out of view from the street with the dead guard below. She held her left arm, which was more seriously injured during her escape than her cheek.
She tried to stifle her spasmodic laughter, but simply couldn't; whenever she got hurt in the slightest way, she always had the uncontrollable urge to snicker and chuckle spastically. Anima truly didn't enjoy getting injured, but she figured that she simply just took a deranged amusement in her own pain and suffering.
She took Insera's phone out of her pocket, holding it in her hand until the fit of delirious laughter was finally curbed.

The directions Mariam received seemed to be reliable, as they were soon corroborated by a few street signs as she and the others made their hurried journey to Blackbride's Way. The twin smoke stacks of the explosions and the epicenter of the chaos appeared to be far off now, and even the noises and commotion of it were distant.
**BEE-BEEP! BEE-BEE-BEEP!**
The phone in her pocket was ringing; it could be either Insera, or the maniac.
Fishing around in her pocket for the device, she found it and brought it out, flipping it open. She said into the speakerphone, "Hello."
On the distant end, it was the voice of the female lunatic. "Change of plan."
Mariam's heart skipped a beat. "What now?"
There was a stifled laugh on the other end, and a second later the lunatic explained, "I've left Insera with a man that she believes is helping her. However, he is going to kill her in five minutes -- the amount of time you have remaining. His gun is loaded, but her's is not. When you arrive in Blackbride's Way, you must kill this man before he kills her, so that I know it is you."
Somewhat baffled, Mariam didn't know exactly what to make of the maniac's newest plan. "...and then what?"
"After you've done that, the antidote to the venom in Insera's body suggests that you continue to cooperate, unless you would enjoy watching her die an agonizing death."
"What!? You... you're sick!"
"Not as sick as you."
The caller disconnected.
Sighing in frustration, Mariam nonetheless kept up her brisk pace while she pocketed the phone again. With the same hand, she withdrew her .45 handgun.
"Damn it," she swore. With glances to Vivante, Zaphikel, and Doji, she said, "Alright, you heard the sick bitch. If we're gonna get Diane to safety, then we're going to have to play the killer's game for the time being."
And as she finished saying that, they approached an overhanging sign ahead that read 'Welcome to Blackbride's Way'. Further ahead, laid the body of a slain Connlaothian guardsman.

Zekial stopped when Morrigan said stop, wheeling around completely to confirm that what she said was true.
And it was, as Isabella's horribly rent body made very clear. Zekial breathed a little easier now, and gave his artificial arm a good clutch. The child was simply a vessel and an extension of Mother's power, but her fragile body could not contain and use such power for long; In the end, it tore her apart. But how she came into Mother's service, he would never know.
Neseraph stepped out of the building then, smoking a cigarette for the girl to honor her memory. "Sorry, kid." He recognized her then as the same girl from when they rescued Kure from the N2, and for a moment felt guilty about not doing something then.
Seethe came out after him, followed by the injured Reese. He made no effort to walk around Isabella's body, and didn't offer Ayria a hand when he was out of the house.
"We're done here for now," he said to his team of two Hellsends. "Telarn is done, and Pharzu is gone. We're gonna have to lay low until we can think of a way to flush him back out."
Ayria scowled as she listened and was forced to get back onto her feet by herself, and Reese simply nodded in response, wincing slightly from his injury.
Neseraph eyed his former Hellsend peers while he blew a billow of smoke out his mouth; it seemed strange that they would be involved in all this. Just what did Pharzu know that made Seethe want him alive, and how did all of that tie in with Mother and the Hellsend? Something seemed to afoot here, and it certainly meant ill.
Neseraph wondered then how Insera was doing, and reached into his coat pocket for his phone. After several seconds of fruitless search, he suddenly remembered that Mariam had it.
Damn it.
As Seethe's Hellsend team were recouperating and discussing their next move, Neseraph hurried over to Zekial, Kaite, and Morrigan. "So, we got the goods, huh? Fantastic. How 'bout Insera, or Mariam? Any of you seen either of them?"
Zekial shook his head. "No. Most of us were separated earlier. Regardless, we have what we came for, so we should start regrouping and getting out of this mess."

While Alms was focused on and waiting for Tesri to make another move, his weapon suddenly got snapped in two. Instead of being finished off by Kuro's assailant, the mage simply spoke to him.
Crossing his eyes, Alms humored Rosa by replying, "You are an unwanted vigilante, and nothing more; you have no authority here. This kingdom is pure and untainted, and it's going to stay that way. No Connlaothian soldier will allow you and your friends to spread your foul magic unchecked, even if we must give our lives. Leave now if you're smart, before you're overwhelmed by our steel and gunpowder."
All the while, Alms surveyed his surroundings with his peripheral vision, looking for one of the weapons that belonged to his unconscious squad.

Haze and Atel both looked at each other, thinking the same thing. They sort of followed Aiofe's train of thought, but one thing bothered both of them.
And Atel put it into words when he asked, "Hey, what's an Auntie?"
Haze, looking around at their current surroundings, was prompted to ask their guide another question, "So, do ya really think he's there A-o-fee? We gettin' close? Master Amodon's ridin' us pretty bad over this one, and we're gonna have to report somethin' soon."

Lindraeus was starting to wish that he was dragon, like Latira. He might be able to convince Feyda about the dangers of wading head-first into an apparent warzone, looking for a murderer. Maybe he should of convinced Latira to convince Feyda... but it was too late for that now.
Thinking in retrospect had a chastising effect on one's intelligence sometimes.
He lagged behind Feyda and Latira still, but managed to follow in their footsteps, holding his hood to keep it from blowing down.

Alexian's face was nothing but incredulous shock at first when Norriden had his say. It quickly shifted to intensely repressed anger, however, and for a split second, something happened. There was something in her eyes for that fraction of a second that she had never before shown to any of the people in her party, something that contrasted harshly with the soft-spoken, concerned Alexian that they all knew.
Murder.
"You have made a grave mistake this day, Norriden," she spoke in a low tone of voice that was menacing enough to corroborate the ill look in her eyes.
With that, she simply turned around and left through the back door.
Skylance found himself in a slight predicament then. He desperately wanted to stay and observe the reactions Mother was about to undergo, but Alexian's presence justified his own. The sight of a vaguely familiar head of blue hair running by outside the shop caused his mind to spark with an idea, or a word, rather: Opportunity.
He resolved to follow Alexian out, calling out her name with a concern that was forced as he, too, left the shop.
All that was left now were Nazune, Norriden, Noubohri, and Mother.
And the bomb.
Which Nazune's eyes were searching for from behind her sunglasses; there was no telling what Mother might do in the state she was in, making all the more imperative to find the device and disable before she could even react.
"Nazune..." said Mother beseechingly.
"Yes," she replied, still trying to locate the spot where the bomb might be hidden.
"I love you. I have always, and I will always. That is something that I know you understand... something that connects us."
"I do understand."
Mother took a step forward. "And one day, when you become a mother yourself, you will know also everything else that I feel this very moment..."
"Mother, stop," said Nazune firmly, seeing that step she took.
Mother took another step. "I truly wish the best for you, my child... and I will care for you until I can do so no longer-"
"Mother stop!" Nazune demanded, louder this time.
She took another step, and another. "I cannot, and I will not. Not until you are complete. I cannot allow your life to be ground to dust, worth nothing, meaning nothing. I can help-"
"Stop!" Nazune called out again, becoming more defensive as she approached.
And she did stop.
Mother abruptly flashed a look of surprise, her eyes seeming to focus beyond the three of them, seeing elsewhere than what was in this world. She took a deep breath, and moved to the side and back slightly, leaning against a table that held some glass pots for support.
She looked suddenly ill.

Richard Insera was the first out of the house, checking to the left, right, and then up with his pistol as he exited the building. He waved silently to Diane Insera, who came out after him, keeping her back to his and an eye on their rear as they moved out onto the street.

Anonymous

Noubohri had the look of disdain and horror thrown together in one facial expression after Alexian threw her cold words at Norriden. This was unbelievable and all he could do was watch. Norriden seemed to be unmoved by the words the High Seraphim said to him. The demonic angel watched as Nazune spoke with Mother, ready to take offense if she got too close. He felt it better to not interfere for the time being.
When Mother fell back a little and leaned against the table, Noubohri sought suspicion in her sudden change in movements. Regardless of how things were going and how perplexed he had become in the passed ten minutes, the Archangel made his move. He threw his sword between Nazune and Norriden, sticking it into the ground before them. Not a split second after, a bubble of light appeared to form over the three of them. He definitely kept the bomb they were searching for in mind.

"Yeah, leaving in one piece would most likely be the priority mission for the time being." Morrigan pointed out after Zekial mentioned regrouping. Kaité nodded in response to her fellow agents of SSHE.
"Right! Well, we should probably head back towards site where this all started. We may run across a familiar face along the way." The green haired angel spoke as she began to walk in the direction of the the two billows of smoke. Morrigan threw a quick smile towards Zekial before she decided to start following Kaité.

Doji was caught off guard by the phone call. Xurlaq even looked towards Mariam as she dug for the device. Still following Mariam, Doji listened to her conversation with the unknown voice. She waited for the end of the call before she decided to voice her opinion.
"This sounds a but fishy. How do we know this stranger isn't trying to lead us to a trap or something?" Doji was more than just concerned about the situation. She was also concerned about their own safety. Of course, Insera's whereabouts are unknown and it's beyond thought to imagine how this unknown person came across Insera's phone. Perhaps Doji may be right and it could be just a trap.
Xurlaq was the first to catch sight of a man, making his way out of a not too far off house. Followed closely behind him was a woman he could barely recognize. Doji noticed Xurlaq was looking elsewhere and looked as well to see Insera near a man. Perhaps the stranger could be right...

While Alms explained himself as well as the rest of the Connlaothian soldiers, Rosa noticed him glancing around a small bit. She tilted her head to the side slightly as he finished off.
"Then you cannot be helped. I am sorry..." With her words, Rosa threw her metallic arm to the side to catch Alms' face with her backhanded swing. She restrained her self quite a bit so not to kill him in the process. She turned to face Tesri when she felt his hand upon her shoulder.
"We must leave. I can sense my brother and father nearby. We should go help them." Tesri announced, recieving a nod from the woman.
Before either of them could move though, a blue haired woman with a black longcoat stopped at a near sprint in the center of the road, not too far from them. Feyda wore a pair of sunglasses and a grin from ear to ear. Even though her attention was to the the two before her, she would have liked nothing more than to pull out her gun and unload all the rounds she had into the slumped form of the ninjaesque Mordecai to her right.
"This your work?" She questioned, keeping her grin.

Anonymous

Latira slowed down to keep Lindraeus with them. He didn't seem the type for fighting, she noticed. Nor athletics, as pronounced by his apparent lack of speed. She knew Feyda enough to know that she could take care of herself for at least a few minutes.

Then she ran into the Mordecai's anti-magic range and the force of it caught her in her chest and throat. Forcing herself to breath and not panic at being a vulnerable human. Well, for a human she wasn't vulnerable. She'd purposely made this body to be keen of the sense. To be athletic.

She turned back to face where she was running, instead of looking back at Lindraeus. Tense, she looked around for the source, but couldn't find it. All the smells and blood were confusing her senses. And there were a lot of humans around, dead or not. She walked now, very conscious of her footsteps on the street. And the gun at her belt.

Anonymous

"An Auntie," Aiofe stuck a finger high in the air.  "Is well, normally she's your Auntie.  You know, the woman that's one of your folk's sisters or married their brother.  She can also be a woman that takes in a lost kid."

Aiofe stopped for a second to read a few street signs and then began walking again.  They shouldn't be that far from it.  "I'm not totally sure," she replied.  "I'm just you know using my woman's intuition.  Blackbride's Way should be the next street up."  Like she said, Blackbride's Way was the next street they came upon.  Aiofe walked into the middle of the street and looked left and right.  Her part was done, it was up to Haze and Atel to actually locate the kid.  They had a better idea of what he looked like than she did.

Vivante glowered at the phone when it went off again and In-Serah wasn't the person on the other end.  What sort of game was this woman playing?  Who was a person In-Serah trusted that would actually want to kill her?  Wait... what if someone brought Bishop Keller back from the dead?  In-Serah trusted Bishop... and if he was someone's zombie he could be ordered to kill In-Serah.  This was bad.  They had to go and get In-Serah away from Bishop's zombie.  Miriam could hold In-Serah back while he killed the zombie.

Vivante's upper lip rose in a snarl when the woman said In-Serah was poisoned.  What?  Did this woman capture and poison In-Serah to try to get their help with something?  Bit of a strange way to get help...

Zaphikel raised his eyebrow once the strange phone call was through and Doji immediately wondered if it was a trap.  He wondered if Doji was familiar with the person on the other end of the phone.  Likely he was the only person that wasn't familiar with the person that had captured Insera.  Mary and Vivante didn't seem to think it was a trap, but they were also adamant on rescuing Insera.  It wasn't Zaphkel's responsibility to keep them from getting into a mess, only Doji.  When she and the demon began looking at something, Zaphikel looked too.  A man and a woman.  He didn't recognize them.

Vivante glowered at the woman and her shoulder demon, was she trying to suggest that they didn't go try to rescue In-Serah?  The woman wasn't looking down the street though, she, her shoulder-demon and Zaph were all looking in another direction.  Probably looking for traps.  Good.  They could go look for traps or run in fear of them, Miriam and himself would go find and rescue In-Serah.

"We should be close," Vivante nodded in the direction of the dead guard.  "The woman had to get In-Serah away from the guards that were chasing her."

Tearshed watched the trio racing toward the street the Lefteanant pointed out to him.  Two women and a man.  Were they vigilantes or more mages?  Tearshed pulled his other pistol from its holster and watched the three of them.

Anonymous

The first thing Mariam noticed upon their approach of Blackbride's Way was the body of the dead guard ahead of them in the street, as Vivante pointed out. She set Leon down against a building to her left, raising her gun up in front of herself as she walked.
Mariam didn't say anything to Doji, because the question answered itself. There was no way to tell; the only concrete fact was that the killer had Insera under her control.
The second thing she noticed was Insera and a man whose features were obscured by his hat and coat, just like the maniac had said. She and her captor hadn't noticed them yet.
"Drop it!" Mariam called out.
The man whirled his own pistol around to point at Mariam, both of them firing at one another at the same time.
"Dad!" Insera yelled out as she stepped in front of him, bringing her own pistol up-
Mariam recognized the man's face now, but couldn't stop her finger from-
BANG!!!
Insera doubled over slightly, clenching her teeth and bringing one of her hands to her bloody stomach. She dropped down to her knees.
"Diane!! Richard!?" Mariam shouted in shock, dropping her own weapon and grabbing her head with both hands in disbelief.
"Mariam!?" Richard Insera called back. He growled and cursed to himself, going down to one knee to inspect his daughter's abdomenal wound then.
Still horrified and furious at herself, she looked back at the rest of the small group and clarified apologetically, "He's fine. That's... that's Diane's father, Alexston Richard."
**BEE-BEEP! BEE-BEE-BEEP!**
Not a moment too long after the shots died down, the phone in Mariam's pocket began to ring.
Taking it out of her pocket, she answered it angrily. "You filthy bitch!"
"Hmmm, well done! You've hit the wrong target! That complicates things..." purred the murderer on the other end.
Richard looked around, mainly up toward the rooftops for a brief moment. He could very faintly hear the actual Anima speaking somewhere up above, but he just couldn't pinpoint where. He continued to examine Insera's wound.
"Nice shot. Looks like she might need some hel-" She stopped in the middle of her sentence, and didn't say anything for a good ten seconds. Then, she asked curiously, "That man there, with the rainbow eyes and the cyan-streaked hair... who is he? He's beautiful."
Mariam's eyes widened a bit, taking a glance at Vivante then; she was somewhere close by, and close enough for a good view. "Who are you?? And what about the antidote?"
Insera, able to pick up some of the speakerphone conversation going on, overheard the antidote part. To go with her bewildered expression, she said, "What??"
Anima spoke next. "Anima. Now, I want to speak with the cyan man face-to-face. Alone. I want to see those rainbow eyes up close, I want to run my fingers through his luscious hair... I want to see if he's real."
Mariam walked over and pinched Vivante on the arm very visibly so that their stalker could see. "He's very real. Give us the antidote."
"Enough. I'd say Insera still has fifty or fifty-five minutes left -- plenty of time. Two-hundred meters into Blackbride's Way, there is a small house on the left. I want him to come to me, alone. I'll give him the antidote there, but only him, and only if he's alone.
"I'll be waiting. Don't worry... I don't bite.
"
The phone hung up.
Richard growled angrily, then called out as he kept pressure on the wound with a cloth, "We do not have time to entertain the sorceress! Diane is losing blood and needs help, quickly."
Insera winced, then cast her gaze onto Vivante, saying firmly, "Vivante, you do not have to do this. She may be lying again."
"Diane, you can't stake your life on that!" Mariam urged, the tone of guilt evident in her voice. "If he doesn't go and get that antidote, you could be dead in less than a hour regardless of her wound."
The detective and the Inseras turned their eyes onto Vivante now, as the choice was forced into his lap.

"Better than our intuition," said Haze with enough sincerity for someone to actually take pity on their lack of navigational skills.
When they finally got to Blackbride's Way and the shots were fired a short distance up the street from them, the Hellsend brothers both dived around the corner of one of the houses, chivalrously leaving Aiofe out in the middle of the street.
"Thought this place was supposed to be quiet, bro!" said Atel frantically.
"A-o-fee! Over here! Or get down! Flat! Quick! Something!" Haze hissed at her, so not to try and bring attention to themselves with a lot of yelling.
The gunshots were quelled, and Haze cautiously stuck his head around the corner to get a peak at the situation. He didn't recognize a lot of the people, but he did recognize Mariam, and a little ways behind her-
"The kid!" Haze announced in a victorious low whisper. He snaked his way back around the corner, instructing of his brother, "Get a hold of Master Amodon! Tell him we know where the kid is!"
"Gotcha, bro!" Atel said as he complied, pulling a reddish orb out of his pocket. He tried to activate the magical item, but it wouldn't respond. "What the hell? Bro, the orb ain't workin'."
"Use the radio then! Call somebody else so they can tell 'em!" replied Haze, trying to keep his excited voice down.
"Oh yeah! Right, bro." Atel pulled an old, handheld radio out of his pocket, and began to relay his message of Leon's location indirectly to Master Amodon. Both the brothers didn't know what he had in store for the kid, but for the most part, their mission was a success.
Aiofe was probably gonna want her cut now, though.

Lindraeus, as well as Feyda and Latira, arrived just in time to see Sergeant Alms get clocked by Rosa upside the face. A spurt of blood flew out of his nose as he tumbled backward, landing on his back and failing to move after he hit the ground.
The entire scene of Telarn Blackbride's assassination and the two subsequent explosions was overwhelming enough to Lindraeus, but now he had to factor in a man with fierce wings and a violent woman who openly attacked the law enforcement of the land. She didn't look like Anima, the murderer in question, but she looked bad enough in his eyes.
He stayed behind Latira and Feyda, who for some god-awful reason took interest in the two horrors before them. Lindraeus kept his head slightly turned toward the ground, averting any eye contact and making sure his face stayed obscure and concealed behind his hood.

Trying to regroup with a scattered assortment of people with little ways to contact them was going to prove to be a difficult task. Regardless, Neseraph and Zekial followed after Kaite as she started along. Zekial was still a little surprised at the sudden reappearance of Morrigan.
Neseraph seemed antsy, and had to slow down a few times to stay with the group without getting ahead. He didn't pay much attention to the female members of the group, and took long drags on his cigarette.
Damn, how could he forget a detail that important! Those phones were the one reliable link he and Insera had between each other in a situation just like this. There had to be another way...
"Alexian! Hey, Alex! You listenin'? Can ya hear me?" Neseraph started to call out, shrugging at Zekial and the others when he received an odd look from the Blood Angel. "Hey, it's worth a shot, give me a break here. ALEX! Yo, Alex! Where is everyone? Hey! Elial's a shitbag! Hello!? I know you're watchin', right? Right!?"
He stopped for a moment, waiting to hear something, anything, from the High Seraphim.

Nazune was disconcerted, both by Mother's sudden and strange actions and by Noubohri's protective shield. She made no movements to go outside of the bubble of light though, as she was still unsure about the location of the hidden bomb in the building.
Even as she continued to visually search for the device, she said with an air of growing concern, "Mother, what's wrong?"
She didn't say anything back to her daughter. Her eyes were still unfocused, gazing at something else beyond the fabric of this reality. Her arms quivered slightly.
"Who are they...? Where did they come from...?"
To Nazune, and to just about anybody who would witness it, it appeared as though Mother was suffering from delirium and hallucinations. She was tempted to step outside of the bubble, but opted to stay inside and say again much more firmly, "Mother, what's wr-"
The avatar of the High Seraphim abruptly doubled over, as if physically struck hard in the stomach. She unwittingly knocked a glass pot off of the table she used for support, and it shattered instantly when it hit the ground.
Her eyes contracted intensely, and she spoke in a low whisper now, "Foolish children, you invaders of my realm. A wrath will be brought down upon your heads, and it will crush your-"
Gray sparks of pure energy crackled around Mother's avatar briefly, and her legs trembled. "Then you have come in vain. Today, a vast army will perish here, and your souls will become trapped-"
More gray sparks crackled wildly around her then, and she fell down to one knee. "A sea of soldiers is nothing here. The brave will come, but in death the brave will have become fools, realizing that their hope was false and their weapons were untrue..."
Nazune, horribly confused now and more agitated that the bomb was not found yet, called out loudly, "Mother, what's happening?? Talk to me!"
Mother's avatar, strangely, seemed to be becoming more and more translucent and out of focus itself.

"Is there something you would like to talk about, Alexian?" Skylance said quickly to the High Seraphim, causing her to stop in her tracks just behind the glassblower's workshop. From his spot outside of the building, he could still hear Nazune yelling in a concerned manner from inside -- the invasion had begun.
"Nothing to you, Skylance," she snarled at him, merely glancing over her shoulder to talk with him.
With a slight smirk, Skylance replied, "Very well then. But if not me, then who?"
Alexian's snarl slowly faded, but she still looked latently furious. She said nothing in return.
"Alexian, I may not be your best friend, but who have you always come to when there was no one else?" He flourished toward a quieter part of town, continuing, "Shall we talk in much more relaxing conditions? I know that you may not care too much for the selection of Earthly drinks, but do not fool yourself if you think you do not need to distance yourself from this. You should let your mind calm down before making any ill-conceived decisions."
Alexian stared down Skylance for a good few moments, but her facial expression gave away that she was slowly caving in to Skylance's offer. Eventually, she spoke in a dry tone of voice, "Did you already have a place in mind, then?"
"Of course, Alexian." Skylance didn't show it on his face, but he was smirking in his mind. This certainly was another rare opportunity, but how far he could manage to take was still up in the air. Alexian was rejected by Norriden, and her world, as Skylance understood it, was turned upside-down in the past few hours. She was obviously angry, and might even be desperate.
Moreover, Alexian would be vulnerable.

Anonymous

Even though Noubohri took action into being the cautious one, he was still a bit confused about the corrupt High Seraphim. Norriden continued observing, trying to piece together her actions with her wording. When she began to fade, he understood it all.
"Mother's world is under attack." Norriden noted, still staring at the fading avatar. The demonic angel turned to Nazune, then to Noubohri and back to Nazune.
"We still have to look for the bomb. We could use this distraction as an opportunity to find it before she deals with her problem." Norriden explained, more concerned about himself and everyone else than his current enemy. Noubohri nodded to Norriden before wandering out of his bubble to look around the building.

Neseraph's sudden outburst caught a glance from Morrigan, if nothing more. Kaité ignored him for a moment as she continued to press forward.
"Be sure to let the Connlaothian law enforcement know where we are, while you're at it, Neseraph." Kaité mentioned, causing Morrigan to smile in Neseraph's direction. After a moment, she turned beck around to follow her fellow agent. Still heading towards the twin billows of smoke, the bunch were coming close to crossing Blackbride's Way.

Doji's intuition was right. It was a trap, but not quite what she was expecting. In the end, Insera was injured and apparently poisoned from what the voice on the other end of the phone said. While everything started to center around Vivante, Xurlaq seemed to pick up on something new. He sniffed the air a couple times before turning his head back to look down the other end of the street. What he saw was a woman and someone trying to peek around the corner of the building. If these new faces decided to do anything, Xurlaq had the element of surprise.

Rosa eyed the newcomers, warily. Tesri folded his wing back into the tattered cape it started out as while sizing up the new faces.
"No, we are here to prevent such atrocities. Who are you?" Rosa questioned Feyda, who's grin faded a little.
"That's a shame. Regardless, I'm Feyda and I'm here to look from someone. Perhaps you've heard of Anima?" Feyda responded with her own question, receiving a shake of Rosa's head in response. Tesri wandered by Rosa, prompting her to follow. Feyda simply watched as the two wander by. There weren't any help. The blue haired woman sighed and closed her eyes. No leads. Without any word or warning, Feyda picked up her pace again and started looking around for anyone who hasn't deserted streets to question. For the most part, she felt herself being drawn towards a presence that felt much like that of Duugre back in Zantaric.

Anonymous

Latira-the-humanoid followed Feyda, keeping Lindraeus in her peripheral vision as they moved along.

((Shortest post ever. XD I'll be gone to Sunday night >.<))

Anonymous

Vivante deployed Kael's wristblade when Miriam set Leon down, creeping after her.  When he saw the man (who wasn't Bishop's zombie) with In-Serah Vivante's upper lip curled slightly.  Miriam would have the advantage in this encounter, thanks to the metal crossbow, what he needed to do was make sure In-Serah's captor didn't get a chance to escape, or harm In-Serah, should Miriam miss or choose not to incapacitate him.

Zaphikel began fiddling with the ribbon in his hands again, praying he wouldn't need to use it this time.  

When Miriam shouted Vivante began moving, he ran forward a few steps, then turned, ran up and along side the wall of a house and somersaulted, twisted in the air and curled his good arm in to strike.

Then he heard In-Serah yelling.  Dad?  Vivante twirled, whipping his head around as the metal crossbows fired and In-Serah fell to her knees.  There wasn't much time for Vivante to twist back into his original position, but he managed to land the flip behind the strange man without looking too awkward.  Vivante lifted the wristblade, adjusting his footing to launch forward and strike the man from behind before he could drag In-Serah in front of him as a shield.

Miriam's shout stopped him.  At first he thought she was crying out In-Serah's name in shock from seeing her used as shield, but then she called out another name - and the man called Miriam's, dropping down to check on In-Serah.  This was very strange.  There wasn't time to think about it though.  In-Serah was hurt and they couldn't have been out of danger yet.  They still needed the antidote...

Vivante pulled the mass of cloth from his shoulder and pulled off a few strips that weren't too soaked, holding them down un-apologetically for Dad-Richard-Alexston Richard-the guy that was going to die if he so much as sneezed funny on In-Serah.  He had half a mind to shove him out of the way and tend to In-Serah himself, but that wouldn't be good for her in the end.  In-Serah needed help now, not when he was finished giving this... man a beating to encourage him to stay away.  Then the phone rang and his attention snapped over to Miriam.

They talked: Miriam and the woman and then the woman went silent.  Vivante looked around, there was no way he was going to let them be ambushed.  When the woman began speaking again, Vivante relaxed a little.  Then came the question, Vivante looked at the phone and his eyebrows rose up a little bit.  That woman was talking about him.  Not that he wasn't used to people talking about him while he was around, it just seemed odd in this situation.  The woman, to Miriam, over the phone - and she said he was... beautiful?  Vivante accepted this new weirdness stoically and continued to listen.  Though he did look a little puzzled when Miriam pinched his arm.

Zaphikel wanted nothing more than a nice dark hole to crawl up in when Insera's mystery assailant started setting up a blind date with Vivante.  How utterly dreadful - and lewd.  Awful, just awful.  He was surprised he didn't throw up in his mouth when she ended the little assignation by promising that she didn't bite.  Zaphikel looked sympathetically at Vivante, not envying the choice he had to make.  Refuse the woman and damn Insera to being poisoned, if she was poisoned, or submit to the maniac's desires and- Zaphikel didn't want to think about what she wanted with him but it seemed likely that it wasn't as innocent as running her hands through his hair and gazing deeply into his eyes- risking her killing him, or actually giving him something that would hurt Insera.

Vivante didn't make decisions.  Vivante followed orders, whatever he did had some sort of order to back it up.  Richard-Alexston had a good order, but he also didn't have any authority over Vivante.  Of all the people present, In-Serah had the highest authority, followed by Miriam.  In-Serah was making him choose, rather than outright demanding that he ignore the request.  Miriam arguing directly with In-Serah rather than ordering him directly.  When they fell through, Vivante thought of Bishop Keller.  How his death effected In-Serah, Neseraph and his own boy Leon.  Now In-Serah was in danger of dying.  Neseraph, Leon and even Nazune, whom they were searching for, would not want to hear about In-Serah dying.  

The order may not have been given directly, but Vivante could imagine the three of them saying 'Do not let In-Serah die.'.  

"I am going.  Everything must be done to insure In-Serah survives.  I will bring back the antidote and the phone."  Because there wasn't any time to waste, Vivante began walking out to Blackbride's Way, turning and walking down it, keeping his eyes left so he wouldn't miss the small house.

Aiofe didn't need to be told twice to take cover once the shooting started, she fell face down on the ground and held her arms over her head, peeking out once the volley was over.  She didn't like being out in the middle of the street, so she slunk over to the house Haze and Atel were ducking behind.  And, because she was nosy, she peeked around the corner to see what he was looking at.

"He's there?"  She asked, not really knowing what the kid looked like and only coming back with the vaguest impressions of what the people looked like.  "Now what?  I don't do actual snatchin' stuff.  You guys are gonna have to get someone else if you want him actually sna-"  she shut up when Atel pulled a second thing out of his pocket and began talking into it.  The hell was that thing?

No vigilante would talk so peacefully with a crew of mages.  Tearshed stepped into the alleyway as the trio was starting to move on.  Drew both pistols and fired, not trying to hit anyone specific, just seeing who was going to run and who was going to fight.

Anonymous

While Atel wrapped up calling in their report to another Hellsend team in the area that actually had working equipment, Haze explained for their waitress guide, "We dunno ourselves. Alls we were supposed to do is just find the kid. We were trying to take before, but I guess Master Amodon's got different ideas now."
He shrugged and sighed, "So we just keep an eye on him until he tells us to back off. Damn kid has a swarm of friends now, though. It'll be hard enough to keep 'em under watch, much less try and nab 'em."
Haze looked straight at Aiofe and said with all due sincerity, "Yeah, we'll probably end up getting shit-faced after this one's over, no matter how it goes down. Can we get a discount at your place, A-o-fee?"

Richard didn't expect the acrobatic man, the object of the killer's desire, to offer him material to make an impromptu dressing with. Despite the man's initial misgivings, Richard took the cloth and gave a nod to Vivante. He wrapped it around Insera's abdomen while she helped by keeping pressure on the wound as it was applied.
When Vivante announced he would do as the killer asked to get the antidote, Insera made the effort to turn her head to look at him and speak with notable concern, "Vivante... be careful."
Mariam still felt horrible about both Insera and Vivante, even if she wasn't directly responsible for the latter's current predicament. She had to do something; they couldn't just wait on a miracle to happen to cure Insera's wounds. "Listen, Richard, Z, I forgot what you're name was, sorry," she apologized to Doji, "I'm going to go and get some help for Insera. Please, can you stay here and keep an eye on Leon?"
"Hurry," was Richard's answer, as he finished tying the bloody cloth into a knot over the wound. It might be for the best if someone was brought here, rather than try and move Insera without a litter.
Mariam didn't need much encouragement for her to start running back down the way they came in search of any kind of medical help. While she went about that, Richard asked urgently of his daughter, "Do you remember being poisoned, Diane? Do you remember what it looked like?"
She grimaced, then admitted in a frustrated fashion, "No, but I was drugged. She probably did it when I was unconscious."
Richard growled out a profanity as he continued to pat the area around her wound with more cloth to soak up the blood. All they could do now was wish good luck to Vivante, as they themselves were helpless in the face of this killer's wiles.

Anima had watched Vivante bounce around the scene after the initial contact between Mariam and the Inseras, admiring his effortless grace and his arresting visuals. She stood peering out between the curtains of the second floor master bedroom window of a different house, keeping an eye on the actions of the ragtag group before, during, and after she called again. The single bachelor who owned and lived in the house didn't appreciate her presence at first, but the ragged knife wound across his throat caused him to change his perspective on hospitality during his last few seconds of life.
She knew she was getting sidetracked again. She hated getting sidetracked. But at the same time, she knew that was what separated her from everyone else, what made her who she was, what made her better. She didn't hold anything back, she gave into her impulses wherever and whenever she got them.
Anima knew it was detrimental to her current goal, but understood it was necessary nonetheless.
She grinned ear-to-ear when Vivante started in the direction specified, though she was slightly annoyed that he was walking and not running. Perhaps she should have told them that Insera had five or ten minutes left, then maybe they would feel a sense of urgency.
For a moment though, she lost herself in simply observing Vivante's movements. It was like the cyan man was moving in slow motion to her. She watched the way his hair flowed, the way his muscles flexed as he walked, the way his skin shone in the morning light.
She wanted to violate every inch of that lovely body.
Anima snapped out of her reverie then, something that happened to her often enough for her to coin the term 'five second obsession' for it, and started for the master bedroom's back window. She didn't want to be late for her own meeting with the cyan man.

While Nesearph waited for any kind of response from Alexian, Kaite voiced her displeasure at his antics. He looked at her expressionlessly for exactly one second before a mischievous grin broke out across his face, "Ya know, I never did take you for a bad girl, Kate. I like bad girls. There somethin' you wanna tell us, criminal?"
Zekial was ready to add his non-sugarcoated say in the matter, but a few indiscernable shouts from the group's right caught his attention, and Neseraph's as well. She was far off at first, but they could both make out that they were being approached by Mariam. Judging from the street signs on the corner, she was coming down a street that led to an area called Blackbride's Way.
"Oh no Kate, the cops are comin'. You better book it," jived Neseraph playfully as Mariam sprinted the rest of the way too them, arriving at the group bent over and panting to catch her breath.
After a few seconds, Mariam managed, "We need... some help!" Eyeing Neseraph warily, she was hesitant to say the rest. "Insera! She's been shot!"
Zekial had to stifle a spurt of derisive snickers, while Neseraph was instantly concerned and asked quickly, "What happened? Where is she?"
More anxious about the truthful answer to his first question, Mariam was fast to engage him on his second, "This way! She's in Blackbride's Way with the others!"
When Mariam started back down the way she came, Neseraph followed closely after her but cast a glance back at the group. He couldn't speak for them, but going to catch up with Insera sounded a lot better than heading back to the site of Telarn's assassination and the twin smoke stacks (the thought of which prompted him to take another drag on his cigarette).
Zekial stood his ground though; he had no love for Insera, and admittedly wouldn't mind seeing her die. Unfortunately, the job came first, and therefore he was at the beckon of Kaite and Morrigan.

What a relief that was.
The brief moment of respite that was Rosa's answer was over quickly enough, as Feyda pressed on and Latira kept up. She certainly was determined, which was good for a different time and goal, but not too much to Lindraeus' liking now. The search was going to continue, and it wouldn't stop until-
They were being shot at!
Captain Tearshed's gunfire caused Lindraeus to instantly cover his head with his hands and get low to the ground. They were in the middle of the street, in the middle of a clearing, devoid of people and objects -- there was no where to go!
"Why are they shooting at us!?" Lindraeus questioned, throwing himself flat on the ground.

Nazune's heart fell off of a cliff when Norriden declared his interpretation of Mother's strange actions. It was a terrifying prospect, but given what they had seen so far, it just might be true. She put into words then the question that troubled her the most, "If so, then from who? Or what?"
As Mother continued her metaphysical war elsewhere, the three others in the building started to comb it for the very real bomb. There were a few places Nazune had in mind to check while they were talking to Mother earlier. She quickly searched every dark corner and checked under every concealing appartus, but her search was fruitless.
"These weapons...are useless before me. They fill your minds with a false courage, a bravery that will lead you into the grave..." Mother continued to taunt her faraway, unseen foes. From the tone and pitch of her voice, however, it seemed as if quite a toll was being taken upon her.
Nazune stood up straight after checking the last likely spot she had in mind, stating with a mild air of bewilderment, "It's not here. The bomb isn't here."
She glanced at both Norriden and Noubohri, then back at Mother. Risking everything, she walked straight over to her ailing mother and crouched down in front of her, asking firmly, "Mother, where's the bomb?"
Her eyes didn't focus, she didn't look at her daughter, but she turned her head slightly so that her left ear faced Nazune. "My child... I can hear you..."
Nazune asked again. "Mother, where-is-the-b-"
Gray energy crackled out from Mother again, much more violently this time. Nazune had to jump back for her own safety, shielding herself with her arm as she did so. Extremely agitated but unable to do anything about it, Nazune could only watch.
Mother's avatar faded quickly, and her parting words were quiet, barely heard. "Nazune... where have you gone...?" The avatar disappeared from reality then, winking out of existance as if she were never there.
Nazune clenched her fist and pursed her lips out of sheer frustration. She looked to Norriden then after arriving at the impasse: Mother was gone, and the bomb had seemingly been moved.
"Where are the others?" she asked, referring to the rest of the party.

The only diners that were still doing business in the city were naturally no where close to the epicenter of the chaos. Skylance had to take Alexian nearly across the whole city just to find one; it would have taken forever if they had gone all the way by foot. Though it was much more quiet and peaceful in the northern reaches of Reajh, the citizens were still wary over the morning's events.
"Would you like anything, Alexian?" asked Skylance as she took her seat at the outside table he selected.
"No," she said, only a few seconds afterward adding as more of an afterthought than anything else, "thank you."
"Suit yourself," then, he looked to the waiter tending to them and ordered a glass of water. "I find a simple glass of water to be very refreshing, Alexian, especially when I am faced with a predicament such as yours. It's pure, undiluted by many of the inane additives that seek to better something that it already perfect in its own right. It might seem like a trivial matter but the water represents something greater to me, and by imbibing it I can find a renewed strength in that symbolism."
"And your point?" asked Alexian, keeping her arms crossed and staying reserved on her side of the table.
Skylance smiled cordially and elaborated for her, "The water is logic, Alexian. Pure, the kind that is untainted and unskewed by opinion and subjectivity, the kind that takes a cold, objective look at the world and those within it. It is this kind of logic that favors truth, that gives strength, that wins wars. When wielded correctly, it can be used to empower oneself to achieve anything they want.
"There's something you want, isn't there Alexian?"
Alexian didn't say anything in response, or did she need to; her eyes said it all, and they said that her interest was piqued. With her first plan for revenge in shambles after being so recently scorned on the grounds of conflicting interests, she was reaching out for anything now. And one of the things Skylance was masterful in taking advantage of was desperation.
When the waiter brought Skylance his glass of water, he smirked a little and gestured to it. "Would you like a drink, Alexian?"

The Archangel Elial was in dire trouble.
Though he had healed his wounded leg when he was alone, now his body was wracked with pain. He was crumpled up in a dead end alley, unsure of where he was but unconcerned about being lost at the moment.
For his body crackled with copious amounts of gray energy, the lightning bolts of Mother's power crashing into the sides of the building that made the alley and the boxes of discarded goods that populated it. The strings that kept him alive were suddenly being tampered with, but not severed entirely.
Elial knew that the awesome display of bright energy and otherworldly noises would soon attract the attention and the ire of the Connlaothian guardsmen.
His eyes and mind were elsewhere at the moment, watching as a vast Angelic army, unlike anything he had ever seen and numbering into the tens of thousands, assaulted the rogue High Seraphim Mother in her own twisted realm.

Anonymous

Noubohri and Norriden searched the room high and low for any sign of a bomb, but to no avail. When Nazune began to question Mother, Norriden had the right of mind to keep an eye on her in case she would have attempted to pull something. And she did. Or at least it looked that way at first. Norriden found himself at Nazune's side with Noubohri looking in their direction. Mother wasn't trying anything and she was fading from exsistance, it seemed. Nazune was obviously frustrated with the new turn of events. Norriden was about to reply to Nazune when she questioned about the others when a hand was placed upon Noubohri's shoulder. He looked back towards the entrance to the building to see Tesri and Rosa.
"Everyone else ran ahead to find Reigne's sword. Me and Rosa stayed behind to distract a few problems that would have otherwise hindered the progress." Tesri explained, looking primarily in Nazune's direction. Even though he was surprised to see Nazune again, he was happy that she was freed from Mother's grasp.
"I can at least find whoever is with my mother. I can track her presence within this city." Norriden added as he headed towards the exit of the entrance.
"We should find the others then?" Noubohri half questioned as Norriden walked by him. Norriden only nodded to his father before looking towards Nazune.

Kaité was surprised when Mariam approached them. In the meantime, she ignored Neseraph's words until the woman reached them with dire news. Kaité's face became more serious upon hearing such. When Mariam and Neseraph started back to the others, the green haired angel took off close behind them. In fact, she was starting to pass Neseraph. Morrigan started slowly in the same direction only to look back to her comrade.
"C'mon, Zekial. It seems like finding everyone else just got easier." Morrigan noted before turning back around to follow after everyone else.

Xurlaq kept an eye on the alley where the three strangers hid, but kept himself unnoticed. He didn't want to be obvious in cast they planned on pulling something. He knows that he had the element of surprise and there was no sense in ruining that. Doji, on the other hand, was more concerned about the situation before them. An ally was in trouble and another was about to play right into the enemy's hands. Noticing movement out of the corner of her eye, Doji looked to the side to see Mariam approaching with help from other familiar faces. That was quick.

Feyda quickly crouched down and drew her Desert Eagle all in the same token when her and her friends were shot at. She didn't waste any time to whirl around to fire a round in the direction the shots came from. Her aim was deadly as a large chunk of the corner to the building Tearshed was by was blown off. She had every right to fire back since it was primarily in self defense. A smirk appeared on the dark woman's face. It was about time she saw some action, but not knowing who her opponent was, was only half of the battle. She waited in her crouched position for him to make his next move.

"Water can easily be tainted with even the most colorless and odorless chemicals. Therefore, making it potentially deadly or rather creative." A voice of what sounded like a middle aged man came from such at a nearby table wearing a rather fancy looking business suit. He peered at the two through rounded spectacles with red eyes. He held a gentle smile on his face as he combed his hand back through his white and black streaked hair to straighten it out.
"Forgive me for the interruption, but I felt that your wording was flawed in its own sense." The man added as he turned his gaze to Skylance. Returning his gaze back to Alexian, the man stood up and brushed himself off.
"Where are my manners? I am Brevedor." He finished, extending a hand to Alexian.

Anonymous

She felt something fly by her shoulder, then heard that all-too familiar sound, followed quickly by the even more familiar sound of Feyda's guns blasting stuff.

It would have brought back feelings of nostalgia if she wasn't busy drawing her own (or rather, another of Feyda's) gun. Taking aim, crouched down low, she squeezed off a few rounds.

Chink! Another bit of building was sliced off with her own mini-round aiming in the middle of Feyda's demolition. It was a small contribution to the fight, but large enough to get a lucky hit in if she was... lucky.

Damn. She should have re-thought this body to make her sight based on thermal or something.. anything other than this... human focus. You would have thought that 700 years was enough to teach her the basic things like that, but, well...

She had actually been asleep most of the time.

Anonymous

((Sorry it took me so long to reply x_x Work was lots of fun last week.))

Finally, an order from In-Serah, just as Vivante was starting to walk off.  Be careful.  Vivante looked back and nodded a little.

There wasn't much of an expression on Vivante's face as he walked down Blackbride's Way toward the little house on the left.  No stiff upper lip, or a bottom one gnawed at in nervousness.  No bravado, anger or hesitation.  A person that knew Vivante would think he was just heading down the street on his to run an errand.  A person that didn't know Vivante might watch him to see if he would run into the side of a building or trip over a child that got underfoot.

There.  That was two hundred meters and there was a house that could be called little on his left.  Vivante approached it, looking up at the house for a moment.  His bangs slid down his face, showing both rainbow coloured eyes, which only seemed brighter with his dark tattoos underneath them.  Then he walked in the front door, slowly turning around in a circle to look around for the woman.

She wanted to, if he remembered correctly, touch his hair, look into his eyes and see if he was real.  Vivante wasn't really sure how she wanted to check his realness, but once she was sure of it and got her fill of his real-ness he was going to press her for the antidote for In-Serah.

Aiofe was glad her companions weren't going to dive in and try to grab the kid.  Then they would die and probably get the group on high alert and it would be harder for that Master Amodon to deploy his plan.  If Amodon had a hard time with his plan, then Old Scratch might not pay her the sum he and Black Marcel agreed on.  Staying back and then getting drunk was definitely the way to go.  She might even be able to afford a skin or two of some decent wine.  

Aiofe grinned mischievously at Haze.  "If I tell Thom that I'm tryin' to get you under the Wing he'll give you all the free chow and beer you can stomach.  You guys like barbecue right?"

Zaphikel shifted nervously, twisting the ribbon around his fingers.  Usually it felt taunt in his hands, like a living thing.  Now it felt more like what it was, a little bit of cloth.  He was probably too worked up to channel any energy into it.  If the situation had been different, he would have quizzed Doji about Satrina, to see if Doji noticed that she was down one attendant.  Now wasn't the time though, not with Insera down and the group still being pursued.  

Even though the situation wasn't immediately dangerous, the rest of the group's concern about Insera made Zaphikel feel guilty.  The memory of Satrina with a fast growing pool of blood at her feet and a thick river of it spilling from a corner of her mouth would haunt him for days.  He took a deep breath and began tying his ribbon back in his hair.

Tearshed hopped backward as pieces of building from the mages' attacks began raining down, grinning wide.  Shame, they were the fighting type.  They were exciting enough, in a way, but Tearshed preferred the ones that fled.  Maybe if he killed the women he could run their companion to the ground.  Tearshed made sure to get an eyeful of the trio before ducking behind the building and pulling a pistol apart to reload it.

Wait.  One of those females seemed familiar.  Was it?  It definitely could be.  Tearshed started to laugh, but pressed the back of his hand against his lips.  One of those mages was the one that jacked Malik's leg up.  What fun.  Tearshed snapped his gun back together and yelled.  "Hey girlie!  Rizzen's doing ju-ust fine!"

If he didn't have business in Reajh, Izorpo definitely wouldn't want to hang around long.  He absentmindedly fussed with the long braid of pale blond hair coiled loosely around his shoulders as he walked down the street next to the devastated area.  The smell of burnt flesh and the cries of the living (and not-quite-dead) unsettled his stomach so he began to walk faster, putting his hands in the pockets of his long vest.

Anonymous

Why oh why had he come to Connlaoth?

Go to Connlaoth, they'd told him, where the women are free and drinks plentiful! Bah. No one here was interested in him. All his tales were of magic and mystery, and these people just sniffed and turned their backs as soon as the 'm word' came up. On top of that he'd almost gotten arrested twice for performing tricks on the street, which of course used no real magic, it was all just slight of hand and clever use of powders and potions, but these philistines couldn't comprehend. On both occasions he'd been forced to flee the authorities, not something entirely foreign to him, but it wasn't usually for practicing his craft. No, normally it was for being caught in bed with another mans wife, or because the governors purse just happened to disappear after Dante used him as an aid in his act.

The only good thing was that this country had amazing explosives. He'd managed to acquire a few choice explosive powders that were far superior to his own, and more importantly, the secrets behind producing them.

It was this advanced knowledge of explosions and how to create them that was, at the moment, making him seriously reconsider his trip here.

In short, everything was falling to shit.

Explosions left and right, and gunshots all around, it was chaos. He'd tried to get away form it, but the devils luck was with him and every time whoever was fighting seemed to move right in front of him again.

He strode along at a brisk pace, keeping a watchful ear out for nearby gunfire in case he needed to duck, sturdy boots making little sound on the cobblestones. His brown coat fell to his knees and swished about as he moved, revealing a red velvet vest over a puffy sleeved white shirt. Charcoal pants tucked into his boots, deep pockets containing unknown mysteries to be used in his performances.

A soft hand ran through his shoulder length black hair, pushing some unruly strands to join the others pushed over his ears. His neat moustache, perfectly slanting downwards over his mouth like a gently hill with a perfect little gap in the middle and the goatee that started below his lips and ran in a thin strip down his chin, cascading below his face for another few inches were the only bits of hair on an otherwise clean shaved face.

Rounding a corner, which he was certain would lead him straight to the gunfire, Dante passed a man with white, blue streaked hair and oddly coloured eyes. Now that was a strange sight in Reajh. The man looked rather vacant too, as he entered a small building, and Dante wondered silently if he would run into the side of a building or trip over a child that got underfoot.

Resigning himself to fate, which had apparently deigned for him to be thrown into whatever mess was going on, he walked onward. It wouldn't be the first time, if fate lead him to some adventure he could later spin stories about, so perhaps this would be for the best. Or maybe he'd get shot and bleed to death, who knew?

Speaking of death....

His pace quickened as he saw the little group clustered around a body, peering forward as if to see more.

Dropping to his knees next to the woman, who was injured, not dead yet, he asked quickly, "Are you alright? Do you need medicine? Because I have some salve," a glass bottle of a green paste appeared in one hand, without the hand ever reaching for his pockets. Lowering his voice he finished, "Not the sort the government around here should know about if you catch my meaning."

He didn't feel odd, suddenly offering whatever small aid he could to a dying stranger. For all he knew, all these people hanging around were strangers too, and none of them seemed to be doing anything anyway. Heck, she might just scream at him and yell for the guards, which would mean a bit more running. Ah well.

Anonymous

Even though Atel was still on the line with the Hellsend contact, both his and Haze's eyes lit up at the same time the word 'barbeque' was mentioned. For a second, they looked like a pair of starving wild dogs, panting for food.
Unanimously, they announced, "Yes!"
Haze rubbed his stomach, his thoughts nearly bringing a tear of joy to his eye. "I'd kill to have barbeque-sauce drenched anything right now, A-o-fee. Ya feel me? And we can get plastered too? I don't care what ya say, A-o-fee, we gotta into the wrong business. So, ya think he will?"
Atel finally put the radio away, although he had a slight look of bewilderment on his face. After the device was secured, he stared at the ground for a few seconds before he put into words the message that was relayed to him. "Um, guys. Heads up. Our contact in the area told us to keep our heads down. There's gonna be some more shit goin' down -- something big's about to happen."
Haze glanced at Aiofe, then perked an eyebrow at his brother. "What kinda shit, bro?"
Atel, not informed of the specific nature of the impending event, shrugged and seemed to ask more than state, "A... rescue?"

The first person to reach Insera and Richard was Dante. With Mariam and a few others coming up to them from the opposite direction, this man couldn't have been the help that Mariam went to get minutes ago.
And so Richard swung his six-shooter around to aim point-blank at the man, asking him sternly, "Who are you?"
"Dad!" reprimanded Insera, who pushed his gun-toting arm away. She wasn't as suspicious as her father, given that the man seemed to be offering help. After that, she looked over at the man and asked of him much more cordially than her father did, "Who are you?"
Mariam finally came up to them then, once again bent over and panting to catch her breath. Neseraph was at her side, and Zekial trailed behind all of them.
Neseraph, suffering from the lack of information that befalls a person who just comes upon a scene, looked to Richard, Dante, then Insera and asked, "Insera, what happened?"
She crossed her eyes irritatedly, but winced a little when she did and replied, "It ended with me being shot in the stomach. Now, would you like to do something about it?" She cast a sideways glance at Dante; even though he meant well, Insera trusted someone she knew more over someone she didn't.
"Depends... on if you say the magic word," said Neseraph as he knelt down near her nonetheless, catching a few knives that flew out of Insera's infuriated gaze. He held his hand out to her abdomen-
And continued to hold it there with a puzzled look on his face. Nothing was happening.
"Um... babe, my miracles aren't working," he explained guiltily, even though he had no idea why they were failing. He looked at Dante and clapped him on the shoulder, "Well, I'm glad you got a doc here! God damn, keep up the good work and great timing, doc."
"Don't call me that!" Insera growled in response to the pet name, though she too was confused as to Neseraph's sudden lack of magical potency.
"It's me," Richard admitted with a grim face.
Insera was slowly piecing the evidence together when her father admitted to it, Neseraph was left wondering just who that guy was, and Mariam asked of him with an air of concern, "Richard?"
He looked up at the female detective and spoke, "Yes. I cannot explain it fully, but my presence seems to have some disabling effects on those around me in this time." Richard took in a breath, then placed Insera's hand on the dressing over her wound to take his spot and stood up. "I must go, but I will find you again Diane."
Insera's eyes shot open wide, alarmed, "Dad, wait-"
Neseraph was genuinely surprised when Insera named the man, Richard, as her father, while Zekial's face pulled into a slight scowl as he continued to watch everything from the sidelines.
Richard didn't wait, however, as he was soon running down the street Vivante had walked down moments earlier. He turned on a intersecting road, and vanished around the corner of the houses.

"Look at you... a work of art," came the voice of the woman from directly in front of Vivante. Anima swung down from the doorframe at the end of the straight hall, hanging upside-down from it for a moment as she simply stared at him in a satisfied way. She dropped from her perched and landed on her feet and one hand, slowly straightening her body out until she stood up completely.
"You know, I can't even tell what you're feeling right now," she started as a smirk slowly edged across her face. "Nervous? Excited? Angry? Your face is blank. In a way... it compliments your looks. It adds to the enigma."
She folded her arms behind her back and began to saunter toward Vivante, looking him directly in the eyes the entire time. "But you must be apprehensive. I know, I know... you're locked in a room with someone who don't entirely trust. Believe me, I know the feeling! Doesn't it just," she shivered theatrically, "give you goosebumps?"
She brought her hands out from behind her back, stopping at a table in the hall still a few feet away from Vivante. She held in her hands a fistful of knives, bottles, razors, wires, scapels, and a few other small and sharp tools, laying them all down on the table. "I won't need any of that. You might, but I won't. That said, there's everything. Everything except for the antidote, of course. I may or may not have that on my actual person... I do need you to play along somehow, right? But don't worry, you'll get what you've come for."
Her smirk opened up into a mischievous grin as she took of her leather gloves and threw those onto the table as well. She stepped forward quickly, stopping immediately in front of Vivante and reaching her left hand up toward his hair, never taking her eyes off of his as she moved.
Anima's hand came close, but didn't touch him. "So... beautiful, you are."
She reached up slowly and rolled back the sleeve of her arm down to the elbow, keeping it frozen in place of nearly touching Vivante's hair. She spoke to him in a low tone of voice, "I want you to take a bite out of my arm, to rip the flesh off. I want you to chew it and savor the taste of my flesh. And then I want you to swallow it... because I want to be a part of you. I want a little piece of me to be inside you. That way, we will never part."
She waved her exposed arm up and down tantalizingly, encouraging him, "Go on... just a little taste couldn't hurt, could it?"

Nazune scowled a little when she saw who was speaking at the front doorway of the workshop. Her only memories of Tesri were less than stellar, and she still held that nasty grudge against him she developed when she first 'met' him. She wasn't thrilled that she was about to be in his company, but accepted it as necessary for the time being.
She started briskly for the door after Norriden and his father then, affirming the latter's question, "Yes. We should find them, get out of here and recoup while we think of what to do next."
And Norriden's extrasensory ability was useful. It was a guaranteed find on at least one person, and whoever she happened to be around. The others might be a little trickier to find if they were still scattered throughout the city.
Nazune stepped out onto the street, looking to Norriden then and giving him the lead by saying, "Alright, Norriden. Let's find your mother first, at le-"
BOOM!!!
Her gaze immediately shot to further down the street, where the body of Telarn laid and the two ruined buildings smoldered. The Connlaothian guardsmen and military were starting to get a foothold on the situation in the area, securing it and treating/evacuating the wounded, when another explosion went off. But it was much smaller than the first two, and it sounded like it might have been a grenade or other small device.
Three rockets were fired, all three of them spiralling around in the area down the street and crashing into the street and one into the front door of another shop. They had been aimed at the Connlaothian forces, and one at an unlucky man lying down in the street.
There was sporadic gunfire then, and Nazune noticed that there were men on the rooftops of the buildings around the site of Telarn's assassination, harassing the guardsmen with the gunfire. The Connlaothian guardsmen were all shouting orders and locations of enemies, and began returning fire to their elusive foes.
Nazune glanced at Norriden and Noubohri, saying to them, "Those men aren't under the sway of my mother."

How incredibly embarassing. All Lindraeus could do was hug the ground and watch fearfully as Feyda and Latira engaged their assailant (both of which seemed to be having a blast at that, as well). He wanted to help, he truly did, but the only real way he could help was advise Feyda not to come here, and the time for that was well past.
BOOM!!!
Lindraeus curled up again as his body was pelted with some dust and debris. Was that another explosion? He did a double take, as did many of the guardsmen and military rolling up onto the scene, and indeed it was, albeit smaller and not enough to level a building.
Three loud whistles of rockets sounded next, and he caught sight of a team of two men on a nearby rooftop that fired one of them.
One of them that happened to spiral towards him.
Lindraeus yelped and scrambled up to his feet, bolting away from his spot just as the rocket slammed into the ground where he once was and exploded, sending him screaming into the side of a building near Feyda and Latira. He collapsed into a slump, looking dazed and dizzy.
"We need... to get outta here..." he mumbled reflexively, looking around but not being able to see completely straight.
The sounds of sudden, sporadic gunfire all around the area, not from Feyda or Latira, brought a little focus back to him.

Skylance looked up at the sudden newcomer apprehensively at first, but closed his eyes and spoke dismissively of the man's comments before taking a sip of his water, "You've read to much into it, friend."
Alexian turned her head slightly in a questioning manner when the man introduced himself. She had heard his name before, and it took her a moment to recall exactly where she remembered it. Finally, she remembered that Kaite had named him as the head of the organization she worked for, the SSHE, but Alexian had never met him in person.
"Oh, Brevedor. I have merely heard of you, but we have not truly met," she spoke, much to Skylance's surprise when she mentioned that she had heard of the man. "Please, have a seat if you wish. I am Alexiannastraziel," she introduced herself cordially, returning the man's handshake.
Skylance took a more hearty drink of his water this time. He had not heard of a man, or possibly angel, by that name, but Alexian did and that had to be no coincidence. This man was involved with something, perhaps even something as simple as following Alexian's affairs, but it was something nonetheless, and that made things a little more complicated, especially Skylance's efforts of persuading Alexian to his favor.
He put his glass down and greeted the man, extending his own hand to him as he spoke, "And I am Skylance of Hallow, Brevedor. Pleasure to meet you. Now, if I might be so bold as to ask, what is the nature of your interruption?"

Back in the epicenter of the newly erupting chaos, near all of the shouts and gunfire and smoke and ruin and bodies and guards and attackers, laid the body of Telarn Blackbride.
Whose finger twitched ever so slightly.