Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Temporary Home (open)

Started by Storm, August 20, 2016, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

Whitebone sighed a bit "Can we let him rest a bit at least. I want his opinion on what I found. I t might be able to help." He said listing carefully to voice of the sword.

Bunbun

It certainly wasn't easy for Juliana to get into the right mindset to call upon water. It seemed to require some amount of flexibility, which she wasn't used to. She couldn't quite grasp the concept of trying to lead something without forcing it; she kept ending up with the mindset for using earth, or using air. In the end, she ended up swinging the sword halfheartedly, without much energy put behind it. To her, it seemed like she couldn't make any progress with the instructions she had so far.

"...I guess we could rest for a little while. If you found something interesting, then it's probably worth investigating."

Kalak8538

"Hey! I don't need rest!" the voice protested.

It seemed that the outburst was premature. Upon hearing the news that there was an important discovery, he was silent. They wanted his opinion? It could help him? That must have been a possible escape! If it was not, his interest was still piqued.

"Yes! Umm... sure. What did you find?"

Storm

"Well I found these stones...THey are really hot nad I found them in a cave down here dedicated to fire. Or at least I assumed it was to fire. If there is a cave temple thing to fire then maybe there is one for all the elements? And maybe we can use the power to force you out using hte combination? Or something?"He asked laying down what he found on the ground

Bunbun

Listening to the ice mage's explanation, Juliana knelt down to the objects and ran her hand over them. Sure enough, they were definitely hot; clearly the result of some sort of fire magic.

"So, essentially, the plan is to use the power of the elements to overload the power of the enchantment? There's a few problems with that.  First of all, condensing all that power into one place just seems... dangerous. Secondly, we don't even know if the other temples exist, let alone where they're actually located."

Clearly, she was skeptical that such a plan would actually be successful.

Kalak8538

"I say we try it!" Flit exclaimed with an sudden excited and optimistic tone.

"Better than nothing, right? What's the worst that could happen!"

The stone was glowing brightly once again.

Bunbun

"...I'd say the worst that could happen is us getting ourselves killed. We don't know much about the sword, so there's no telling how it would react to a surge of power like that."

The woman made it a point to voice her concerns about the plan. Breaking the seal on the sword would mean nothing if the whole group was eradicated in the process. She did, however, concede that having some kind of plan was better than nothing.

"Well, I guess having some idea of what to do is at least a start. We still need to figure out how we're going to find the rest of the temples, though. That is, if there are other temples."

Kalak8538

"Oh yeah... That would be bad." the voice conceded.

Flit did genuinely care for the two who sought to free him. He did not want any harm to come to them for his sake. At the same time, deep in the back of what counted in his mind, a different thought was formed. Should these two die, he would be left alone again, still trapped (and unable to die) in his crystalline prison. This thought took form as the joking voice of the Nimbat continued.

"Who would get me out of here then?"

Storm

Whitebone shrugged "lets put it this way. If we died then we all die together. I dont see a bad thing in that. At least it would be quick. " He said with a shrug "And we got nothin go on anyway"

Whitebone got up and looked at the stones "Umm...you don't mind carrying them? I don't do too well in heat" He said a bit hesitant 

Bunbun

"Well, I don't know about that. I'd say that, in general, avoiding death is the preferable option. I didn't come all the way out to the middle of the Fell just to lay down and die."

The woman's voice was laced with sarcasm; she was obviously still reluctant to go along with the plan. However, all this talk about releasing powerful magic- and the potential consequences of doing so- reminded her of why the Fell was so dangerous in the first place.

"...Then again, I guess you're not going to give up on this plan easily. For all I know, undoing the seal could result in something like what created the Fell. I really don't want to find out what happens if you get caught in a blast like that and don't immediately get killed. Plus... if I came along, I could at least try to keep you from doing something reckless."

Finally accepting the situation she'd found herself in, Juliana sighed and shook her head. She knelt down and picked up the stones, holding them under one arm while gripping the sword with the other. Thinking silently for a second, she suddenly grinned and spoke up again.

"Hey, if this ends up getting me killed, you better believe my ghost's going to come back and haunt you."

Storm

Whitebone started to laugh hard " I would hope for nothing less than a haunting if such a thing could happen. " He said " in the mean time as we travel I can help with ice if you wish. It is a tricky one to master" he said his happy mood coming back in storm. He hopped up and jumped around slightly waiting for her to get ready. He was an already impatient person but now there was a possibility of more ice places and more history that he could study

Kalak8538

The gem lit up again.

"I still think she should start with water!" Flit's voice protested.

Bunbun

Noticing that Whitebone was getting increasingly eager to start moving again, Juliana quickly began preparing herself for travel. She stood up again, proceeding to shake off some dust and producing a small jingle from her bell as she did so. Nodding to Whitebone in order to indicate that she was ready to get going, she then turned her attention towards the sword. Now that they had come to a conclusion on what to do, she could go back to trying to invoke the element of water.

Since the process of using water hadn't been very successful the first time around, Juliana decided to take a slightly different approach this time. She tried to think of what the motion of water looked like, eventually imagining a drop of water on the side of an object. The drop would slide downwards on its own, but if one were to tilt the object, then the course of the drop would be altered. Applying this idea to the sword, it seemed like there would have to be intent behind the swing, but trying to force a reaction wasn't going to work. Taking a deep breath, the woman took a moment to think of what she wanted to do with the sword. She sliced it through the air in front of her, trying not to use too much power and instead focusing on the accuracy of her attack.

Storm

Whitebone started to move again heading north. Taking out his bow he held it tightly in his hand. There were always creatures around the north. The only thing he liked about the north was the cold. He was sure that there would be something to the north, considering the warmth and the fire were corralled int he south. There was sure to be something to north, and maybe on the way.

He did not realize that he let his arm become coated with ice. It was a bad habit that he did, making a light layer of protection on his arm. He was nervous about the north, but he did not fear  what was in the north, he was afraid of what he cold can do to him. He never did enjoy what the cold did to his personality in general.

Kalak8538

As the woman carefully contemplated her attack, the sword responded. There was the sound of soft bubbling and gurgling emanating from the hilt. Water flowed down the metal blade, sending thousands of droplets flying off in the direction of the swing. They splattered along the ground, darkening the dirt- covered debris with moisture.

"There we go... You really have the hang of this!"

The rest seemed fruitful, for Flit did not sound as drained as he had been after the previous attempts.

Bunbun

Juliana smiled a little as the blade started to produce water, pleased to be making progress at a fast pace. She obviously hadn't planned on finding a weapon like this in the Fell, but it was still helping her to discover more about magic regardless. Flit's praise also went some way towards lightening her mood, but she quickly took on a more neutral tone when she responded.

"Uh, thanks. I think that one might be more difficult to use on the middle of a fight, though..."

Now that she had water figured out to some extent, using the power of ice would probably be significantly easier. Juliana turned to Whitebone, about to speak before noticing that his arm had been covered by a layer of ice. She did wonder what the reason for this was, eventually concluding that he was probably just messing around again.

"So, how do you go about creating ice? I'm guessing it's a lot like using water."

Kalak8538

"Well... It's like I said!" the voice responded.

He may have felt the energy being used, but he could only guess from there what exactly happened when the water was invoked. He assumed a bubble of water floated around the blade.

"Water is good against fire! With a sword... you can probably literally fight fire!"

He heard the woman's words and knew her attention had went back to her partner. He stopped talking and listened in, gem glowing dull as he did so.

Storm

Jumping a bit as he was shaken out of his thoughts he looked at his arm and jumped a bit more and shook his arm free of the ice "Well for starters, its an emotional element, or at least thats how I can see it. It can be like fire in a way, but it is easier to get a darker personality and a darker power, if you use it right then its a pure power and if you use it wrong it is an evil power. Its tricky. " He said running a hand through his hair freezing it a bit. Raising his bow he pulled back the icy string drawing a icey arrow as he drew it back.

"Concentration, and imagination. A hard and pure heart. " He said and let the arrow go "It is as hard or as easy as you make it."

Bunbun

Juliana went silent in order to let the other two respond, idly waving the sword around a little as she waited. She pondered their responses in her mind, eventually deciding to reply to Flit before moving on to using ice.

"Well, I'm not entirely convinced that there's enough water to make a meaningful difference, at least not against an actually threatening fire... maybe I'm just doing it wrong, or something. In any case, I'm less concerned about the applications of water than I am about getting it to work reliably. It's pretty hard to focus like that when you're in a life or death situation."

With that, the woman turned her attention back to the sword. She figured that since water was similar to ice, it might be for the best to use water as a starting point. Doing her best to replicate the process she'd gone through previously, she willed water to begin pouring from the blade. Instead of swinging it, though, she held it still and tightened her grip on the handle. She was aiming to make the water come to a halt, freezing in place and morphing into ice.

Kalak8538

As it had before, water dripped onto the stone-covered floor from the enchanted iron blade. Some time passed... but eventually, the water dripped more and more slowly. This was due to the fact that a thin sheet of ice was slowly creeping up the blade from the hilt.

A soft yet strained grunting was coming from the brightly-glowing gem, sounding as a person would when lifting something heavy. Even though he was somewhat used to the sensation once again, the prolonged drain of his energy had a considerable effect on Flit.