Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Temporary Home (open)

Started by Storm, August 20, 2016, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

Whitebone winced. "Maybe you should stop. " He suggested softly watching the light bit of ice form.

"I think that you will both need streangth later on" he continued and turned around and started to walk. Starting to whistle a tune he looked to a mountain in the distance " well if we head north then we will run into the cold part of the fell. I believe that there might be a few places to check out before that though. " He said running his hand over the small hole in the white bow.

Bunbun

Fascinated by the ice slowly creeping across the blade, Juliana stopped in her tracks and ran her hand across it. Contrary to the burning sensation she'd received from it before, this time the layer of ice provided a protective barrier that was (obviously) cool to the touch. She would have happily stood there for several minutes, admiring the abilities of the enchantment if she hadn't been warned to conserve her energy. Clearly disappointed, she frowned and begrudgingly dropped her focus on maintaining the ice layer. She started to walk again, lowering the sword to her side.

"The cold area of the Fell, huh? I have to say, I really wasn't expecting to go all this way when I first arrived here. I didn't exactly come prepared for a place like that."

Kalak8538

Flit recovered much quicker this time, once his energy stopped being drained. After an eon without use, the sword's magic was almost completely revitalized.

"Cold?" Flit began.

"What's the problem with cold? You have a potentially flaming sword with you!"

Bunbun

Using the sword's magic to produce flames as a source of heat was definitely an interesting idea, albeit a highly unconventional one. Juliana kind of wished that she'd thought of it first, but she perceived a few problems with it regardless. Whether or not she was just looking for issues to take up with it was debatable, considering she had a certain reputation of getting into arguments.

"Well, I guess that might work, but that magic's not going to last forever if we abuse it like that. I don't want to end up in some terrible situation and not be able to use the magic because I used too much energy doing something unnecessary."

Kalak8538

"That's true I guess..."

After a few moments of silence, light chuckle came from the sword. The gem began glowing as well.

"Then again... You two DID come here by yourselves BEFORE finding me. If this place is as dangerous as you make it sound, didn't you guys have a way to protect yourselves without the sword? It's not like you need to put any of your magic into it..."

There was another moment of silence before Flit spoke once more. His voice shifted into a more serious tone as the gem's light began to wane.

"Look, I just don't want you to freeze... I may be trapped in here, but I still wanna help you if I can..."

Bunbun

When Flit mentioned methods of self-defence besides the sword, Juliana's eyes shifted over to Whitebone's bow. She'd never actually seen him use it in a fight, but he was presumably pretty good with it, considering... well, he lived in the Fell. As for herself, she'd taken the precaution of carrying a dagger with her wherever she went. Admittedly, she wasn't at all experienced when it came to actually using it, but Flit didn't need to know that.

"Um, yeah. Something like that."

Still, the inhabitant of the sword insisted on using his magic for heat if it became a necessity. Knowing that she wasn't going to convince him otherwise, the woman sighed and caved in.

"Alright, alright. Fine. I'll use it if we absolutely have to. Believe me, though, I'm not going to be resorting to doing that very easily."

Storm

Listening in on the conversation he chuckled "If we are going that way then we will make a stop. I have some extra coats at home base, and plus. I don't need them. You can always have this one if need be" He said motioning to the long coat that he always had on.

"And Filt, I basically live here. Unfortunately I also understand this place a bit. " He mumbled shaking his head.

Kalak8538

"If you say so..." the voice responded incredulously.

"I don't know what this place is like..."

Bunbun

"You don't know what the Fell's like?"

Such a claim would have been a little hard to believe under normal circumstances, but considering Flit's rather... unique condition, it made at least some sense.

"Well... it's basically the epitome of destruction. There's nothing but crumbling ruins as far as the eye can see. You'd only rarely encounter some sort of life out here, and you can be pretty sure that whatever you happen to run into isn't going to be friendly. Honestly, though, I'd say that the terrain itself is more dangerous than the things that walk on it. There's even a few rumours of a curse that befalls mages who travel here, but I think those are just the results of a bunch of incompetent mages with with too much imagination."

Hearing Whitebone's plan to stop at his base, Juliana gave a small nod. She did, however, decide to reject his offer to wear his coat. Doing so would make her feel weak, like she had to rely entirely on other people to survive, and that really didn't sit well with her.

"You can keep your coat, I'll be fine for now. How long would you say it is before we reach the base, anyways?"

Storm

"The end of the day, I hope. We are making good time. " He said. Listing to the conversation about the place he had called home for the past few years of his life. He did not know of any huge curse but he did understand that this place affects each person differently, here it helped him but it also was a negative effect on his personality to add on it. 

Kalak8538

"Last time I saw this... "Fell"... it was a human city. My kind never really visited for... obvious reasons..."

There was some disdain in that last bit.

"To be honest... I'm not too excited to see the place."

Bunbun

"I don't think anyone is too excited to be hanging around a place like this. There isn't really anything left to see."

After giving those last words, Juliana would remain silent for the rest of the trip save for the quiet jingles from her bell. There was nothing left to be said on the issue, at least the way she saw it.

Storm

Whitebone lead them into a patch of woods. There were broken down stone houses, patched up to become a shelter from the majority of the elements. It looked lived in, or at least more lived in than the rest of the Fell. Carvings on trees indicated who came and left with what. An old fireplace in the center of the structures was cold and empty but still had the makeshift tree stump chairs. Looking around Whitebone strode into a shelter and carved into the wood of the makeshift door.

Bunbun

Seeing that they had arrived at their destination, Juliana began to to examine her new surroundings. Apparently, Whitebone wasn't kidding about living in the Fell, and what was more, it seemed that other people lived here too. She couldn't even begin to imagine what would compel multiple people to take up residence here... at least it didn't look like they visited their base too often.

"...Huh. I guess it's not too bad, considering where it's located and all."

Kalak8538

"OOH!" Flit started excitedly as the gem began to glow.

"Are we there? Did we make it!?"

Tags: