Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ehvren jerked in her direction. 
"What are doing?!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"The curse," Ilona panted again, nearly double over as her stomachs suddenly churned with raw magic. "I can't..."

She stumbled back through the door and went down on her knees in the snow, crying out as chaos-touched magic exploded out of her in a tangle of sickly briars, needle-sharp thorns slicing through her skin even as the bizarre plants rose up around her to cage her in.

The briar is crept over the lip of the doorway before the burst of magic stopped, several vibes stretching toward the hapless resident of the house they had unwittingly trespassed.

visualspice

It all happened so fast. One second he was rabid to protect his princess and the next...
The only thing that saved the other man was that Ehvren had chased after Ilona, and so when the sudden strike of power came lashing their way, a raw force sprung out from his arm, it moving with natural precision as if weilding a blade. But what power that cast out from his hands was no sword,  as it cut back her attack as if the strange briars were nothing but paper.
And  as the pieces fell away, it left both men, stunned.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Ilona was left shivering and bleeding in the snow, eyes clenched shut against the waves of nausea that rolled through her.

Slowly, the briars around her crumbled to ash, dark against the moonlit snow. Ilona curled in on herself tighter, whimpering quietly.

visualspice

"What the hell.."
For a few moments,  Ehvren stared,  stunned. But then instincts had him rushing out to her side where he dropped down beside her.

"Hey, hey, hey.. you alright? What.. what just happened?"

DragonSong

"C-curse," Ilona managed to groan out. She tried to push herself up onto her hands and knees, but she nearly collapsed against Ehvren's side before she was halfway there. "My magic...is infected. It's why--why I was...the way you found me. Back at the castle. It was supposed to...slow the spread, but now..."

She looked around blearily at the ash that surrounded them. "I didn't...d-did I hurt anyone?"

visualspice

Behind them, the old man yelled a threat before slamming his door closed, leaving the pair alone. Ehvren remained at her side, supportive, and frowned at her words.

"No, but you did seem to try." 

Ehvren continued to study her.
"What was that? What do you mean a curse?"

Them he noticed his own body, with a ghostly haze swirling around it like steam.  He blinked, taken a back by this before looking at Ilona.

"Is... your curse.. contagious?" He asked.

DragonSong

Oh gods.

Ilona stared at the mist of power that swirled around him, eyes haunted as they slowly moved to his.

"...Yes," she whispered, guilt choking her voice. "It is..."

She scrambled back from him abruptly, swallowing a cry as the myriad of cuts from the briars wept in protest and her bare hands and feet absolute burned with the cold of the snow.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, you have to get away from me, I'm not safe, I'm so sorry," she all but wailed, struggling to put distance between them.

visualspice

She didn't get far before Ehvren seized her by the arm.
"Where do you think you're going?" He growled.  "You think you're just gonna curse me then run off!?"

DragonSong

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Ilona sobbed, going limp in the snow. "It's--it's like a plague, I didn't think--it's not supposed to affect people who aren't mages!"

Some semblance of reasoning began to reassert itself in her head. She glanced down at his hand on her arm. "...Ehvren. Let go."

visualspice

Ehvren growled, "No." And she'd feel his grip tighten.
"You and I just hauled our asses out of some wastelands and cold, white ash.. and now you think it's a good time to run off on your own? "

DragonSong

She looked at him, tear tracks still marking her cheeks though her panic seemed to be subsiding.

"...I know you're angry," she said quietly, working to keep calm through a storm of conflicting emotions, "but really. Let go."

She held his gaze. "We need...to trust each other, right? Trust me. Let go."

visualspice

"Angry!? I'm well past angry! You could have died back there. I could have died back there!" And at her next words he seemed absolutely livid.

"Let you go!?"

Ehvren was positively shaking with anger, the power inside him bubbling up from within. 

"Do you even realize how crazy you sound? And not even an hour ago you weren't even awake!"

Evhren was so prickling, so worked up he made a hedge hog look soft and inviting.

DragonSong

"Ehvren, you're scaring me," Ilona told him bluntly, struggling to keep her voice even. "I know. I know, this is all...confusing, and terrifying, but I need you to trust me. Just for a minute. Please. Trust me."

She slowly started to pull her arm back, struggling desperately to keep a lock on her own--temporarily subsided--chaotic power while at the same time trying to sense just what exactly was happening to him.

visualspice

Scaring her!?
 "Good!" he snarled, practically in her face.

But then her next words caused his face to scrunch up, his eyes still blazing like a flame.

"Trust!?"

The word gave him a moment to pause...
something tickling at the back of his mind. A thought.. a twist in a sentence...
'Trust me for this...'
A thick man's voice. A shroud of darkness. Then.. this cold world.

Trust.

Is that how he came to be here?

Trust.

He studied Ilona's face, she was so scared.. so terrified...

And he had made her this way.

He set his jaw, eyes still burning. Then he grabbed her, none too gently by the jaw and forced their eyes to meet. He studied her eyes, so deep and pure and ...

the terror- to see it again made something crack. Something primal within to surge as he growled, not unlike a feral animal before crashing his lips against hers, devouring her with such emotion, so raw a feeling he couldn't tame it-

And in that flame, something inside him flittered-
thoughts, feelings, emotions.. memories. It flooded him in such a rush he felt nauseated, off-kilter, but also still raw- like smoke. There were diamonds, glass like ice, swells of kingdoms in the deepest of darkness... and those without beating hearts. His own was beating so rapidly, as if his heart itself was taking a drink of her, his body tingling, as if electrical, inside- churning with a raw excitement that peaked and-

And he pulled himself away savagely and growled,
"If you must be rid of me then trust me..." he panted, eyes still wild, still captured on hers.  "we can now part ways."

And he didn't give her a second glance as he stormed away from her, to only the gods knew where.

DragonSong

She had no idea what was happening to him, but she did not like it.

Ilona was frozen as he kissed her, and by the time she'd recovered enough to react—preferably to slap him—he was already walking away.

She was left shivering in the snow, filled with a sickening combination of anger and confusion over what in all hells had just happened.

visualspice

So distracted she must have been,  that the figure in the shadows would truly be missed.  It slunk along,  moving like a hunting cat,  low and with a purpose. The power the pair radiated together was too alluring to ignore. So even if in the open, such as this, did the shadow stalk nearer, pressing down and ready to strike.