Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A monk?

Started by Arthuriel, April 19, 2015, 01:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthuriel

The night air was cool in the dark alley between two taverns. A strange man with pointed ears and a cleanly shaven head sat against the wall, cross-legged and eyes closed. His breathing was calm, relaxed as though the strange elf were sleeping.
His hands tightened their grip on the iron-capped oak quarterstaff laying across his legs, and the elf flinched, his beard loosening itself from the braid. Suddenly the elf's breathing became quicker, faster, more ragged, as his eyes shot open, one orb crimson, the other grey. His eyes frantically moved about the dark alley for a moment, as if trying to remember where he was.
"Calm yourself, Morgrad." The elf said to himself, careful not to let his deep voice be heard from outside the shadow filled alley. Shaking his head, Morgrad realized his vice-like grip on the staff, and released the oak staff. Breathing a sigh of relief, Morgrad stood, stretching his legs as he did. It was well into the night, and many would be sleeping at the late hour but Morgrad knew that after the nightmares he wouldn't sleep for several days. He shrugged, considering his bizarre sleeping pattern. There was every possibility that his martial prowess would increase if he got more rest but after nearly a century and a half, the bearded elf had long since caring.
Walking over to his staff, Morgrad expertly wiggled his barefoot under the weapon, then pulled his foot up quickly. With an almost unconscious movement, Morgrad caught the staff in his hands. Running a calloused hand over his bald head, the monk sighed in boredom. How long would he spend wandering the city before finding work suitable to his talents?
He nearly laughed aloud when he considered his self-proclaimed line of work. A monk turned bounty hunter was rather unheard of, but Morgrad could think of little else he would be useful at. A sudden noise from one of the taverns put the monk on full alert, raising his staff in case of an attack.

Ice

The cool win carried a lone figure who was floating out of the nearby tavern. She had not started floating until she had gotten outside. As she rounded the corner she started to glow brightly. You see this was no human. No this was the product of murder. She frowned as she started to bleed. This was the start of a night of wondering and longing for compassion and revenge. She did not see the man in the ally yet. She was focused on the group of people looking at her now. "Well you do not have to stare at me. "She stated now. She then looked around to see whoever else was here.

Arthuriel

Morgrad frowned in confusion as he stared at the ghastly figure. He lowered his staff, hoping to make himself appear less threatening. Whatever it was hadn't seen him yet, something Morgrad was thankful for.
"What are you?" He asked simply, stepping from the alley.

Ice

The woman floated in the air listing for any sounds behind her. She then frowned as she heard the sound of footsteps . She looked around and saw the man coming out from the ally . The figure of the woman turned to face him. Now why would he want to know what she was ?  Perhaps it was just being friendly that made him do this. Or maybe it was something else. She could not be certain. " I am a spirit . The product of death." she said in a dark voice. She was not angery or upset. she was mearly indifferent.

Arthuriel

Cocking his head to the left, Morgrad sized the spirit up. She was... strange, to say the least. The elven monk had never met anything like this in his long years, and he wasn't sure what to do. "Why are you here?"

Ice

The girl watched the man as  he looked her over. She was also looking him over. In this fourm she actualy hated the living. She was very dark and vengeful. She then kind of sighed as he asked his question. She was tired of that question from these mortals. "because I seek revenge on the one who wronged me. And anyone who gets in my way." she stated with a frown.

Arthuriel

Morgrad's ears twitched slightly. "How can I help you with this?" The question was birthed more from curiosity more than a sincere desire to help the phantom.

Ice

The ghostly lady looked at the man as she floated there in the street. She was not really sure if she belived that this mortal wanted to help her. No he must be wanting something from her. But she would humor him for now. "well I do not really know. I have been searching for my killer for over two hundered years now." she said in a slightly sad tone.

Arthuriel

"Then there is a good chance they are dead," Morgrad observed. "What were they?"

Ice

The ghost looked at the man with knowing eyes. She knew that the creature that killed her was probably dead. However that did not put her mind at ease. " I am not certain what he was. he was a frighting creature that was for sure.'' she said with a slightly sadder tone.

Arthuriel

Morgrad suddenly became aware of the gathering crowd of onlookers. "Why do you continue to search for your killer? Can you exact vengeance?"

Ice

The ghost frowned as she saw the gathering crowd. The wounds on her hands started to bleed more as she got abit nervous. Then she heard what the man said. More like what he had asked. " well I have my reasons . I am  very capable of doing things that you mortals would not like" she stated with a dark glare.

Arthuriel

"You have the ability, I am sure." He paused, looking directly at the ghost. "But are you capable of it? Are you sure you could kill them?"

Ice

The ghost looked at the man now and frowned, she was not certain of anything real. In life she was no killer. But that was not true in death. " yes. I have killed before and I will do it again." she said to him.

Arthuriel

"Why?" Was his simple response. He wondered if he was wasting his time, trying to dissuade this ghost from seeking vengeance.

Ice

The ghost looked at the man when he asked why. She was growing tired of his questions. Though she had to say that she had no idea why she still wanted to kill. It was just her nature. " because I seek peace." she said softly now.

Arthuriel

"Why would doing the very act that trapped you in this state bring you peace?"

Ice

The ghost looked At the man when he asked his next question. She had never thought of the reason that she would feel at ease when got her revenge. She had always trhought that she had to in order to be  at ease. Though it was often a fact that most ghosts were vengeful creatures. " well I have always thought that I had to. I seek revenge like many of my kind ofter do. Ghosts are often sad or vengeful. It is just the way we are." she said with a sigh. Then then moved her arms making the blood that flowed from them drip abit more.

Arthuriel

Morgrad nodded at her response, it was what he expected. "I believe not killing will bring you more peace than not." In truth, the monk had no idea if he was right. But it seemed the most likely situation.

Ice

Raven looked at the man as she heard his reasponce. Perhaps she would find more peace that way but that was hard for a ghost to do. She was not yet ready to move on . She did not want to go to the light just yet. " Perhaps you are right." she said with a slightly light tone.