Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sealing Grounds - The Whisper Knows All (Legit Violet)

Started by Scythe-Nova, May 13, 2016, 02:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

The sound of footseps echoed through the cave and from the opening one singe woman stepped out, the cave was enormous and more of a hall than just a cave. A large opening in the celing for the cave filtered the moonlight into the cave and the light iluminated most of the cave, In the center of the cave there was a large pillar like monument that the woman walked towards.

-"Here we are again.."

It all seemed like just yesterday that she had last been here but then again her sense of time was strange, She knew exactly how many years it had been since she was last at this place. A wide grin spread across her face and she looked up on the large monument, Small symbols faded in and out on the inky black surface of the pillar and showed the magic nature of it.

-"If they truly had wanted to seal her away forever they should have done what i told them to do"

She said to herself with a chuckle as she walked around the pillar seemingly looking at it, even though the wraps around her head blocked her sight she seemed to be able to see her surroundings just fine. She reached out her hand and ran her fingers across the surface of the pillar sending out silent ripples in the surface as if it was liquid, Her grin grew wider as she pulled her hand back and looked upon the symbols that lit up from her touching it.

-"Then again i meant for them to do it this way.."

Her grin grew more sinister as she placed her hand on the pillar before letting it sink into the pillar as if it was water, with her other hand she retrieved a jet black rod with white markings all over it. She pressed the rod into the pillar before pulling out her hand from the pillar, in the hand she had sunken into the pillar she held a brilliant white gem that pulsed with enormous power. As soon as she had pulled the gem out the pillar seemed to shudder and ripples went over the surface as the symbols started to break into the blackness of the pillar, Senka just grinned as she walked away from the pillar and put away the gem into one of her many pouches before turning around at a safe distance from the pillar.

-"Now will she listen to me? Or will i have to make her listen?"

She said to herself as she waited for the seal to break as it's powersource had been removed, The rod that Senka had inserted into the pillare was a certain artifact that Senka could use if she was attacked by the dragon that was sealed in the pillar.

Codex

The runes on the large stone pillar began to faintly glow... And soon, the symbol on the cold stone ground below it followed. It gave off an ominous purple glow, which began to illuminate the cavern. It would glow, and fade, and then glow again. This display repeated itself glowing brighter each time, untill soon, whisps of dark purple fog leaked from the cracks at the stone object's base... That's when it began to shake...

The stone pillar vibrated as a loud rumble echoed around the cave for only 5 seconds before everything went quiet... Then, with a sudden explosion of purple light, a large whirpool looking object appeared directly under the pillar! The walls cracked and the pillar slowly sank into the purple void. The air began whipping towards it as well, as if a strong force was sucking the wind with it. As soon as the pillar dissapered, a giant fume of black fog burst from the ground, concealing all sight...

Everything was dead quiet for a few seconds... Until the sound of heavy breathing filled the cave. The fog slowly faded to reveal a massive, black dragon lying on the floor. It's eyes were shut, and it seemed to be in a deep sleep. This species was commonly known as Darksteel by basic. It was thought to have been extinct long ago. However, its true name was unknown by most. This was a member of the Novian species...

Scythe-Nova

Senka Simply observed the event unfold with a grin upon her face she seemed completely undisturbed by the effects of the breaking of the seal, And when it had all settled down and the Dragon had appeared she shrugged slightly before walking towards the dragon but stopping a slight distance away from her.

-"Wakey wakey little Nevi, Time to rise"

Senka Chided with a childish tone as she sat down upon a small rock formation not far from Nevira that would serve as a nice Seat for the moment, Senka looked upon the dragon and felt around with her mind and confirmed that the artifact she had used was working properly. She leaned back slightly and retrieved a simple bone comb from one of her pouches, As she did so the wraps around her head loosened and fell upon her shoulders.

-"We hath much to talk about.."

She said as she began to calmly comb her hair while starting to hum on a tune long since frogotten, Maybe Nevira would recognize the tune but maybe she had frogotten who knew. The comb ran through her hair with ease and just the sight of Senka combing her hair would calm anyone watching, she was the very picture of serenity and stillness as she combed her hair wating for Nevira to speak with her.

Codex

Utter silence except the rumble of disturbed breathing came from the Novian... About 15 seconds after the women finished speaking, it began to stir... It's giant black front legs slowly scraped across the cave floor as the dragon's large nostrils began to smoke. Its massive grey wings shifted on its back as the spined tail slowly snaked across the stone. And then, its eyes opened.

For a second they were nothing but straight black voids, until quickly a faint violet color returned, revealing the long pupil. With a sudden growl, the dragon lifted its huge head wearily... The Novian quickly surveyed the situation, and silently looked down at her chest and legs... She was still alive it seemed... She turned her attention upwards to the woman combing her hair, and with a loud growl began to speak the parasitic tongue of her enemies...

"I feel different... Has the curse upon my body finally been lifted?" She inquired, assuming this 'Human' would know the answer. The only thing keeping the Novian from burning her to a crisp...

"The void's torment is gone... What did you do mongrel?" She snarled in a loud, low voice which echoed around the cave.

Scythe-Nova

-"Curse? Oh child of void there were never a curse only the sleep that encompasses the void, that i released thy from."

Senka said with a smile as she continued to comb her hair calmly, Senka had shifted over to the old draconian tounge as the human one seemed to ire Nevira. Had she not been sitting in front of Nevira her voice would certainly have fooled her it was a dragon speaking, Language and speech was Senka's foremost weapons in her arsenal and she did not attempt to hide that fact either.

-"But thy art right thine form and nature hath been altered by the Void, I advise thou to be carefull with thine newfound power or it might become thine own fall"

She said as she put down the comb upon her lap and turned her head towards Nevira still smiling calmly, her warning seemed not like a threat but more akin to genuine concern. Her mannerism showed clearly that she held no fear for the dragon but strangely it seemed to hold show form of affection towards Nevira, Senka felt some kind of thrill while sitting in front of the dragon something she did often feel anymore and it made her slightly aroused.

-"oh how rude of me i hath forgotten to introduce myself, My name is Senka *The Whisper that Knows All*, Pray tell thine own Name.."

She rose from her seat and made an elegant curtsy holding the edges of her cape as if it was a skirt while smiling widely, In the old draconian Language her name was only one word but it held much meaning like many of the names of the old dragons did. This act that Senka preformed was an old formal introduction among dragons and that she even knew about it would likely suprise Nevira, not to mention of how familiar she seemed with the act as if she done it countless of times before.

Codex

Nevira's long purple tongue snaked out of her jaws, revealing rows of razor sharp fangs, all lined with purple saliva. "A mongrel like yourself speaks the language of my kin, and releases one who'd seek to destroy a species... You're not human... But you're a mongrel all the same..." She elaborated. Her way of reminding this creature she still disliked all sentient species. Which  made her even more curious.

"Tell me, why would you release the Novian from the void? Obviously you have some understanding of who I am exactly... And I find it curious as to what your motives are..." She growled. "Pray for your sake it has nothing to do with bending my will to you..."

Scythe-Nova

As Nevira threatened Senka she breathed out before laughing loudly like she had just heard something so absurd that it was funny, The laugh itself was so unsettling to those who heard it was as if it was magical even though there was no magic in it.

-"Controll you? Now where would the fun in that be? No it will be more interesting to see how thy conduct thyself in trying to kill all others"

She said with a short laughter as she picked up her comb again and kept on combing, The wraps resting upon her shoulders moved magically like a living creature and Gave Senka quite the omnious aura. But it was not only the wraps that gave her that Aura but just her presence itself produced a worrying feeling to others, it was if she herself was the very embodiment of calm evil.

-"So Nevira my dear how dost thy plan to conduct thine conquest? Surely it's nothing boring like simple force i hope"

Codex

Nevira continued to glare at Senka as she spoke, but her last words struck the dragon. Conquest? She growled again. "You mean to tell me... Adela is still under the oppression I tried so hard to destroy?" Her nostrils flared. It was true, Nevira had NO idea how long she had been gone. Surely it hadn't been a lengthy time period. SURLEY her actions had inspired others to liberate themselves from the mongrels who'd seek to enslave them...

"How long have I been trapped...?" She said full of malice... Her intense stare and smoking nostrils gave the impression she was ready to burst into a fit of rage. Which frankly... Nevira was fully prepared to do...

Scythe-Nova

-"What? Thy seriously thought that the oppression would just go away after thy vanished?"

Senka said with a chuckle as she put aways the comb and looked up at Nevira with a wide grin, Her tone was not mocking but more amused and curious. thinking about the elevated station of dragons in Adela and the symbiotic relation between them and humans though there were some illegal dragon hunters most was well, But Senka was sure that would not be how Nevira would see it.. after all she wanted to rule not coexist.

-"Well it's all about how one looks at it... but back to thine other question."

She said and stood up and looked at Nevira still with her trademark grin, She opened her eyes and revealed those innocent looking pink coloured eyes. Her demeanor seemed different now that her eyes were open it was as if nothing could escape her gaze, Her eyes focused on Nevira's own and showed not even a hint of fear.

-"While i have not been counting the years since thy were sealed, the lineage of the twelve people that sealed thee have all died out after forgetting thine existance... only took thirteen generations heh how forgetfull mortals can be.."

Senka explained with her grin getting wider and her eyes slowly changed into the same purple as Nevira's eyes with slitted pupils, Her eyes resembled those of the Novian dragons and more curiously they would seem familiar to Nevira as if they belonged to someone she knew well in the past.

((OOC: Hehe Senka working her tricks again, Look at it as if Senka's eye resemble those of an old friend or aquantance to Nevira.))
((OOC: Also Nova sent Violet a PM :3))

Codex

As the girl continued to speak, Nevira found it harder and harder to try and contain her rage. The dragon's massive claws scraped against the ground and her teeth bared angrily. Then, the girl's last comment made her snap. Along with the magic she seemed to have been using to replicate the Novian's eyes.

Her eyes grew wide suddenly, and within an instant both of her gigantic grey, tattered wings expanded, barley fitting inside the cave. And with a furious rage filled yell: "WHAT!?! I'VE BEEN SEALED FOR A MILLENNIUM?!?" With a blood curdling roar, the black dragon, swung her body around the cave! She let out torrents of purple flame, scorching the rocks around her as her tail crashed against the walls, splitting them to stone splinters. She was enraged by the length of her sentence. Her blood fueled with vengeance for all the years stolen from her life.

The dragon wasn't quick to forget the girl who had seemingly lifted the curse and quickly turned her attention back to her. With a large bite, Nevira clamped her huge jaws inches from the woman's face. her eyes were a bright purple now, obviously the effects of the void magic she was still unaware of. Her nostrils smoked furiously as she stared at the girl, breathing heavily for a few seconds...

Normally, the dragon would have ended her life right then, but she had just remembered it was this 'mongrel' who had freed her from the one thing she was so enraged by. And the magic she was using to replicate her own eyes told the Novian she obviously had a plan. "SPEAK MONOGREL. WHY DID YOU FREE ME FROM THE PRISON... YOUR ACTIONS MAY HAVE DOOMED ALL OF ADELA..." She spoke truthfully.

Scythe-Nova

Senka kept her calm throughout the whole "temper tantrum" raging around her and not even when Nevira clamped her jaws shut right in front of her face she remained calm, Her eyes stayed as the novian colour as she stood up and looked at Nevira.

-"May Have? No arrogance? Now this could get interesting."

She said with a wide grin on her face as she pulled out the brilliant white gem that she had removed from the sealing pillar, She held it up as if studying it or maybe showing it off to Nevira the gem itself had a warm glow and pulsed with a comfortable power.

-"I simply retrieved what was mine all along, wether thy destroy Adela or not it matters little to me."

She explained as she played with the gem in her hand as if it were simply a pretty stone she had just picked up, She looked back at Nevira with sly grin as she stepped up on one of the large stones that had fallen down during Nevira's "temper tantrum".

-"Wether thy accepts my aid or not is entirely up to thee, Either way helps me but only one way helps thee"

She said and her smile suddenly seemed like something entirely otherworldy and fear inspiring like nothing other in this world, however that feeling only lasted for a heartbeat and it did not even seem like it was something that Senka had used conciously. But suddenly her expression changed to one filled with care and affection the change was so quick that it would take most people off guard, With one hand over her own heart she looked like she was swooning over the dragon with a slight blush upon her face.

-"Ahhh i do apologize Nevira it seems thee hath an intoxicating effect on me"

Codex

The dragon found the girl's words hard to believe given the circumstances. She stared before shifted her large head to one side, so that one of her eyes was facing her directly, closely observing her.

She growled at her first comment. ''OH MAKE NO MISTAKE, I WILL BRING ADELA TO ITS KNEES AFTER WHAT THEY DID TO ME..." Nevira's eye shifted to the white crystal the girl was displaying to her and hissed before shifting her attention back to its original spot.

"DO YOU THINK ME THAT NAIVE..? WHY WOULD I REQUIRE YOUR HELP..? IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE, ALL MY OLD ENEMIES ARE LONG GONE..." She inquired, still hissing. After the girl's last comment however, the dragon simply blinked, and her growl echoed throughout the cave. "DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE FLATTERY TO AVOID MY QUESTION MONGREL... IT IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS KEPT ME FROM DEVOURING YOU..."

Scythe-Nova

-"Long gone? Thy seem to be thinking that Time removed those that could stand in thine way, While many of them have died new ones have taken their place"

She smiled widely still with a slight blush upon her face as she shook her head slightly, She sat down upon the rock she stood upon and at the same time the gem she held started to pulse with power. Large and intricate green symbols started to appear in the air behind Senka, within many of the symbols were circles that started to display images of people.

-"These are only a few of the many people that could stand in thy way AND being able to foil thine plan, The world has changed a lot without thee Nevira and many powerfull creatures walk throughout this realm"

Senka Explained as she rolled the gem in her hand and the symbols started to float around and changing their image to another person or creature among them some were dragons, Senka still looked directly at Nevira with a wide grin and a small blush still upon her face.

-"Of course i do not only have information on thine enemies but also on those that could be thy allies, but for now thine greatest foe it thy own power that thee garnered while sleeping in the abyss.."

She said with a somewhat more serious expression as the symbold started to fade away and the gem ceased to pulse with power, Her presence would slowly start to feel familiar and comfortable to Nevira as her presence started to feel more and more like that of a dragon.

-"What say thee Nevira?"

Codex

Nevira reluctantly stayed silent as the girl began to speak. The dragon lord's eye focused back to the gem she wielded as it began to glow again. Soon, large images of different people displayed themselves to her... Nevira watched intently, scanning each person. Nevira furrowed her scaly brow at the sight of other dragons.

"SO IT SEEMS MY OWN KIND WOULD RATHER BE SLAVES TO THOSE THEY'RE ABOVE..." This of course made her very angry. To Nevira, this was a noble cause she was fighting. Only dragons deserved to rule Adela, and anything else was to be culled into slaughter. She turned her focus back to the strange woman. Her cryptic words only annoyed the beast.

"WHAT POWER DO YOU SPEAK OF, MONGREL." Assuming this creature was telling any truth, Nevira was slightly interested in her comment. Something had happened in the void.

Scythe-Nova

-"Oh? Thy have not noticed? One does not go unchanged from entering the void"

Senka said as she looked at Nevira with an amused expression, She sighed slightly and held out her hand towards Nevira more as a simple gesture than anything else.

-"Can thy not feel it? that empty feeling inside if thine chest, It feels like it wants to envelop thee and consume thee right?"

She grinned widely as she talked and the simple omnious aura around her kept increasing steadily, Senka wanted to see Nevira's expression as she likely described the exact feeling of the void inside oneself. After all Senka had once before felt that same feeling in one of her previous bodies, She was well aware of the effects of the void and also the dangers with using the power.

Codex

As the girl began to elaborate, Nevira couldn't deny the truth. It had been over a thousand years since she felt the presence of the living world... But she still felt empty.

A growing mass of nothingness enveloped her body, feeling the power of the prison she had just been released from. Her expression changed from anger, to mild annoyance. "Shadow and the void of my feeling is simply a side effect of the curse set upon me..." Nevira told her, knowing all too well that wasn't true. She had been changed indeed, for the better or worse however, had yet to be seen.

"Tell me mongrel... You've destroyed the chains that claimed my soul to the nothingness... How exactly do you intend on helping me liberate Adela from the tyrannic lords who enslave it?" She drew her head closer, her large pink eye being almost the same height as the girl herself. It casted a pink glow over her body in the dimly lit cave... "You are aware of my goal, and the fact you are not of my species..."

Scythe-Nova

-"No that is not the question thy should ask but instead How should thy use me to aid thy plans"

She said with a mystical tone in her voice as she grinned widely and gazed back into Nevira's eye in front of her without flinching away, Senka could not read minds but she found it easy to understand the dragon's mind as it were focused on Dominance.

-"The Whisper is not a force that can fight but one that can make others fight, Make use of my knowledge and connections to set up a great stage using all of Adela for thee to dominate"

She said with a slight laugh as she looked at Nevira with a soft gaze as if she were looking upon something she found beautiful, Her shawl twisted slightly in the air and wrapped itself around her face once again as she closed her eyes.

-"Oh do not judge the book by it's cover Nevira, Just because something does not look like a dragon does not mean it is not one.."

Codex

Nevira blinked in response as her mind was trying to comprehend what she had said. Then, her nostrils snorted and black smoke pooled out of them. "If you wish to help me... Then do what you can to slow my enemies and obtain these allies you speak of..." She lifted her head and looked far down upon the girl.

"I have heard of many dragons taking human form, although I did not get that impression from you..." She licked her snout before speaking again. "Assuming you speak the truth, It would be wise for the world to not know of my return until I am at full strength... Can I trust you to seek out these allies if you truly wish to aid me?" She questioned, her scaly brow furrowed. "Once I have a capable force, I will make my presence known, and rally the dragons of Adela by my side. Together we will cull the feeble tyrants and restore our rightful dominance..."

Scythe-Nova

-"Well... to be honest i am ahead of scheduel right now"

Senka said with a smile and stuck out her tounge slightly in what would have been a cute expression if not for her overall appearance, Once more some symbols appeared in the air and displayed different areas of Adela.

-"I have allready prepared for rumors to spread where they would do most for thine cause, And those that might have done something to stop thee are preoccupied with other things"

Senka explained as some of the views focused on things like fires in towns, mobs of peasants, disputes between guards, heated arguments between nobles and even some views on dragons discussing amongst themselves. Senka all the while was grinning widely as she spread her arms as to show Nevira the work she had been doing.

-"The only thing i have not planned ahead is where thy want to rally thine forces, Once i know that we can take this plan into the next phase"

This was Senka's true nature "The Mastermind" she had been planning ahead of time as she could see the outcome of the events that would lead up to this moment, She was not Omniscient but having seen the patterns so many times before she could predict many things though she was not sure about the outcome of this comming war. Well it was still early and the patterns had yet to reveal themselves, there was still plenty of time for Senka so she simply decided to immerse herself in the events to unfold and have "Fun".

Codex

Nevira stared at the images, her expression unchanged as the Novian listened to Senka's speech. After that, she turned her gaze downwards again at the woman, and answered what she assumed was going to be a question needing a crucial response.

"Tell me, have you heard of Demonpeak? Home to an enormous subterranean network of caves that run deep into the earth... So deep and protected from the outside world, one human lord built a fortress within its ancient stone... It must have been long abandoned now... If not, I will devour the residents." She told the girl. "I plan to rally my brethren at its peak." She said flatly.

"It will be known as the source of Adela's freedom... From which shadow and flame obliterate the sickness plaguing it..."