Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Up To Your Eyeballs in Shenanigans.

Started by Draconian, March 20, 2017, 05:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

[ @Cinnabar  ]

Today was lesson day.

Rather, today was supposed to be lesson day. More politics. Always politics.

There was always lessons to be learned but... Today felt like a Jump Out A Window and Annoy Whiro Day. The dragon, black, the size of a small horse and sleeping 85% of the day-Dragon was, as he always was, probably sleeping. The teacher's came to her through the day, into the little study just beside her bedroom down the Royal wing. The lady-in-waiting stood by the door and gave Seiteki a look to which she just grinned at. The eyeroll was telling but she kept quiet and looked away.

That way she could pretend she didn't see anything.

Quickly, she changed from the prim and proper dress into the recruit uniform she begged for and had customized for her wings. One last moment to beg the lady-in-waiting to do up the buttons around her wings and she shuffled into her room, moving to a window and glancing back. Again, being ignored so the woman could play dumb. Seiteki grinned widely, quickly pulled her hair over her ears and tied it back into a messy bun on top of her head.

The Royal Wing was one of the more opulent towers and Seiteki wasn't too far from the ground. Once the window was pushed open, she stood in the window and gave her wings a few moments, opening them wide, careful not to hit anything, flexing, warming up the muscles. More and more she looked like her mother, the only difference was Tarlaka never really wore this uniform.

Deep breaths.

And go.

Seiteki launched herself from the window, wings spread wide to catch the wind. It was easiest to just glide and there she was, heading to the ground. Eyes on the prize and ready to make a smooth landing. The gust of wind, however, caught her off guard and pushed her right into a tree and with a little yelp and gasp, she had her wings splayed awkwardly over branches and one wrong move had a weak branch snap and she was stuck upside down, wing tangled between some branches and her legs bend awkwardly.

A grunt and she moved to pull her wing. A wince, her flight feathers were tangled every which way. "uuuh," She looked around, "Hello?" Was there anyone around? Another tug of her wing and a sharp cry of pain though it was quickly stifled. "Hello?" she barked again, moving to curl herself up slightly to pull at the feathers carefully, "Hey!" She looked at the shadow in the distance, "You should climb up here and untangle my feathers. I got pushed into a tree by nature!" And she grumbled and tried to reach the feathers again, to no avail.

Bunbun

In Axia's opinion, any day that she got to explore around and discover something new was a good day. Sure, mayyyyybe she could do to spend more time actually trying to complete the task that was given to her, but to be completely honest, returning to her colony and beginning to settle down was something that became less and less important to her as the days went on. She'd much rather be travelling around, seeing new places and meeting new people... although she'd be lying if she said she didn't get homesick every now and then. In any case, it wasn't like she could figure out what she was supposed to be looking for without a thorough understanding of the world, right? Right?!

Well, at least that was the excuse she was using for today. The fact that it was the exact same excuse she'd used for every day prior wasn't much of a problem- after all, it wasn't as if there was anyone around that she had to explain herself to.

She'd opted to use her humanoid form today- after all, she was visiting a place that was built and populated primarily by humans- but it probably attracted more attention than her draconic form in this case. Its odd appearance, combined with the fact that it wasn't too uncommon to see a dragon a Adela, made her natural form almost normal by comparison. Not that she cared about that too much, or would at least admit that she cared.

The royal castle of Adela was the place she'd set her sights on for today; she'd actually been spending quite a lot of time in Adela recently, partly because here didn't immediately run screaming the moment they set eyes on a dragon. It was only natural that she would want to pay a visit to the cornerstone of the nation, or at least get a look at it. There were, of course, several areas she was barred from entering- she was far from royalty, after all- but she was allowed to wander around the training grounds as long as she didn't get in the way of anything. This was where she found herself now, watching curiously at a distance as soldiers practiced with each other. Human warfare and weaponry hadn't always been things she was interested in, as she'd never really had any use for them, but recently she'd taken a sort of fascination to them...

The sudden distressed calls of someone nearby caught her by surprise, causing her to jump a little and let out a noise that could only be described as a squeak before her head darted upwards, frantically searching for the source of the cries. Eventually, her eyes locked on to a girl hanging rather uncomfortably from a tree, her wings entangled helplessly in its branches. She looked to be wearing some sort of uniform, and her magnificent wings gave Axia the impression that she was someone important, although she didn't have the slightest idea who. Regardless of who it was, though, Axia couldn't very well leave her all tangled up and alone like that- she'd been in that kind of situation herself more times than she'd like to admit, and she knew that it was less than pleasant. Hurriedly, she made her way over to the base of the tree and called back.

"Hey! Uh, don't worry, I'll be up there in... uhh, time. Yeah. Stay right where you are, okay?"

...Okay, it wasn't like she could do much besides staying where she was, but whatever.

Now, how exactly was she going to get up there? She had very little experience climbing trees, which she couldn't really be blamed for. Transforming and using her claws to climb could work... but doing that would probably result in knocking the whole damn thing over. She'd just have to learn as she went, which shouldn't be too much of a problem. After all, this was something that even a kid could do.

A few minutes passed as Axia made her way up the tree, relying pretty heavily on the support of some of the stronger branches to keep her balance. She climbed up until she was nearly eye level with the other girl, at which point she paused and suddenly spoke up once again.

"Okay! I'm here now. Are you hurt?"

Draconian

Seiteki waited patiently.

Sort of.

She didnt have much of a choice.

Blue eyes stared at the newcomer and Seiteki grinned.

"Hurt? No, not really. Just my pride," Seiteki reached out with a hand to shake but gave up halfway through and just let it hang. A grunt and a sigh and she looked to the wind, "pulling it just kinda hurts. Anyway you can... untangle the feathers?"

Bunbun

Axia just stared as the other girl extended her hand to do... something before eventually allowing it to go limp. It was not a gesture she was accustomed to seeing, let alone having it offered to her; if there was some response she was supposed to give, then she was unfortunately clueless about it. Instead, she just kinda frowned and looked up at those rather striking eyes before giving a quick nod and making her way a little further up the tree, silently thankful that the situation at hand overshadowed her ignorance of human mannerisms.

"Alright. Well, I don't know if we can fix the pride, but I'll see what I can do about the feathers."

Unfortunately, untangling all the feathers turned out to be a more difficult ordeal than Axia had originally anticipated. The large wingspan, although impressive, meant that there were a lot of feathers than had to be freed, and a few of them were harder to reach than others. They required her to stray further from the trunk and onto the less sturdy branches, which actually made her pretty nervous. She also had to take care not to accidentally cut or strain anything- wings tended to be especially fragile and sensitive, after all. Eventually, though, she got to the point where there were only a few feathers left before a thought suddenly crossed her mind.

"...You might want to try and grab hold of something. I don't know if the tree's going to keep supporting you when your wing's freed up."

Draconian

"The pride will heal on it's own, maybe," Seiteki grunted, watching the woman look kind of confused at her hand. Maybe a ... Traveler? Guest? Thing? She waited patiently - not that Seiteki had anything else to do.  The delicate-ness of the movements were a surprise and Seiteki appreciated the gentleness with her wings, smiling slightly. Though she stared when she got a warning.

"Oh..." Seiteki had her back firmly planted onto a branch but... Made sense. Her hand went around a branch and she prepared to be free... Finally. Seiteki felt the last of the feathers free from the little branches and she gave her wing a quick movement and out of the tree she was. Of course, her grand entrance from the tree involved her basically slowly sliding down a branch onto her chest but... It was ground and Seiteki sighed and pressed her forehead to the grass for a moment.

On her hands and knees, she stood up slowly, shifting her wings and stretching them out to make sure nothing was broken or ruined. A few of her flight feathers were ratty looking but... They could have been worse.

"Uh... Thank you... Miss...?" Seiteki started, taking a few steps forward, "I could have been up there all day," She chuckled, putting her hands on her hips, wings tight behind her back. "Do you... Belong to the castle? I've never seen you before."

Bunbun

Axia stayed rooted to her spot in the tree for a few moments as she watched the other girl carefully slide out of the tree and safely onto the ground below. She figured it wouldn't hurt to wait up there as her new acquaintance gathered her bearings, and besides, it was nice to be able to properly take in her surroundings from higher ground. The only other time she experienced views like this was when she was flying, and even then she'd be too focused on staying airborne. Besides, when she came down from the tree, she'd probably have to talk... and more likely than not make herself look like an idiot.

Then again, it wasn't like she could just sit by herself in a tree all day. Soaking in the last few details of her surroundings, Axia then turned her attention towards figuring out how she was going to get out of the tree. Were she in this position a few months earlier, she probably would have simply jumped out, but she'd quickly come to realize that this form was nowhere near as durable as the one she was used to. She didn't know how much damage a fall from this height could do, but she did know that it would be a huge problem if anything broke.

So, with the help of the multitude of branches protruding from the tree, she carefully lowered herself until she reached the point where she was sure it was safe before dropping down. It took a few seconds of awkward silence for her to realize that she was supposed to be giving her name.

"...Oh! I'm Axia. Just Axia. And I'm, uh, not from the castle. Or anywhere near the castle, for that matter."

Her fingers drummed anxiously against her arms as she looked the other girl over for details she might have missed before. Now that she was closer up, her uniform reminded Axia of the ones she had seen some of the soldiers in the training field wearing.

"What about you? I guess you're from around here, yeah?"

Draconian

Axia.

Seiteki gave her a look. It was calculating and a hundred questions went through her head though none of them left her mouth. A moment's pause and she shifted her stance, one hand on her hip, a wing fluttering off to the side and she smiled brightly when the woman asked her own questions.

"Yes," Seiteki said brightly, looking down at her uniform, "Sometimes I actually get to train." The tail end of her word was accompanied by a faint echo of her name and Seiteki looked up and over her shoulder before pulling a face and reaching to grab Axia's arm, tucking her hand into her elbow before she cleared her throat.

"Hey, nice to meet you Axia, I'm Seiteki, do you want to meet Whiro? Of course you do!" and she grinned and tugged Axia along the castle grounds, far enough away from the window before she finally slowed, wings drooping ever so slightly. "What brings you to the castle, anyway?"

Bunbun

The other girl's answer to Axia's question caused several others to pop up in her head. If she was from Adela, that would probably make sure some sort of... soldier? Or perhaps 'trainee' would be a more accurate term- she didn't really look all that old, or at least not as old as the rest of the soldiers she'd seen on the training field. If she didn't spend that much time training, though, then what else did she do? What was she up to before she wound up getting stuck in that tree, and where did she get those massive wings that let her land there in the first place?

There were quite a few things that Axia would have liked to know, and by the look the other girl was giving her, the same went for her. Instead of actually asking any of them, though, she ended up standing there looking sort of bewildered as she was assaulted with a sudden barrage of information, before letting out a small cry as she was dragged off to god-knows-where. She nearly fell flat on her face a few times, but thankfully the girl, who'd hurriedly introduced herself as Seiteki, eventually slowed down and gave Axia a chance to catch her breath.

"I'm... just visiting, I guess. I've been travelling for a while now. Looking for something. Figured I might as well check this place out while I'm at it, right? It's... pretty nice here, actually."

She gave a subtle smile, which shortly faded into a frown as she stared down at the hand that was grasping her arm. It wasn't a common occurrence for her to be touched like that, so for someone to do it without hesitation felt... odd. Most people tended to stay away from her, for whatever reason.

"...um, Seiteki? Who exactly is Whiro? I don't think I've ever heard that name before."