Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stealing Hearts (M)

Started by visualspice, February 15, 2014, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: I was listening to Grandstand- by Beats Antique.

This is an open by requests thread. Got an idea how to mingle or deter Miss Aurora Jane from her prize or wish to aid her? PM me if you got an idea and I'll let you know if I like the idea :)

--------

The heart as Ashra- an ancient, forgotten God from the fallen Kingdom of Cidell, was said to grant a man immortality if he were to possess it. This, naturally, was not the real heart of a God, as it remained just a simply, crude lump of something that somewhat resembled a human heart, though the superstitious believed other wise.  Frankly, she didn't give a damn. She just knew she needed the artifact, and the infamous antiquities thief, Aurora Jane, would find a way to get it, one way or another.

She rubbed her thumb along the polished, bronzed 'seeing' watch that remained inside her inner breast pocket as she made her way through the bustling Chamber House; which was full of lavish decorations and lavish people as the archaeologists and nobleman who funded the expedition were celebrating and showing off their find.

And what perfect place to find the item than at it's own party? It saved her the trouble from having to dig up and find these artifacts herself. And the older the artifacts were- the better. Mysterious- the history still unknown? It delighted her and drew the thief out of whatever hole she was normally hiding in as her green eyes swept through the crowd.

THough she always had green eyes, today she was blonde, the wing, long and glamourous, and the rest of her- voluptuous and easy on the eyes. She was not afraid to show cleavage, and a lot of it. Though her dress and coat were white, the symbolism of innocence was lost in how low cut the dress was, and how high cut the slits in the skirts were. Though if she was trying to blend in wearing something so extraordinary, what better place to do it than here?

THere were people from all over the world here- Essryni historians, Adelan explorers, Serenian scholars and Connlaothian stuffed shirts ready with their check books to dish out the gold. It wasn't just the heart of Ashra that was on display here- but a whole line of antiquities from it's excavation, and if more than one of these items proved useful and old- well, Aurora Jane was going to find herself stealing more than just a heart this evening as her eyes scanned the crowd, and took in the pedestal where the heart was on display.

It was there- and it wasn't even under glass. This was going to be too easy. Smirking, she stepped out into the marble floor of the Chamber House and began to make her way through the sea of people. But ah, wasn't this the rich crowd- so many colors, in both dress and tongue- so many people from all over the world it made her shiver. She loved intelligence. She loved money. And this was the most thrilling part of her job- to make her way it the party, to mingle among the guest, find her next lead- and make off with the prize.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

The Heart of Ashra...  He'd heard of it, it was more than just a legend.  And such a legend he'd been hunting for months now.  It hadn't been easy to find, and Adaron had discovered early on that nothing in his life would be made such.  However, it was nice to find that there were plenty of things one could do to balance out that little aspect, and Adaron tired of fate countering him at every measure.

This was where he tracked the last known location of the Heart, a tomb from the heart of the desert, which had been excavated months before.  But there was more to the shriveled crude lump that met the eye, but Adaron wanted to examine it himself before he could be sure.

Adaron appeared out of place in Cerenis, being taller and bulkier than most Serenians at large, but fitting in was the last thing on his mind.  Through rose-tinted vision, he felt traces of energy  lead him toward the Chamber House where, he learned from passersby, a great display of antiquities was going on, hosted by the Florian Bavareon Society for the Preservation of Items ofCultural Significance.

What a bunch of windbags must be in there, Adaron thought, inwardly rolling his eyes.

When he approached the steps, he looked at the man posted the door, checking invitations.  "Are you on the guest list, sir?" he asked.  Adaron stared at him a moment.

"Of course," he replied, but it was evident by the snooty glares he was receiving, that the gentleman at the door didn't think he would fit in.

"And your name?"

"Andreyscu.  See, right there."  He pointed toward the first name he saw on the list that wasn't crossed off.

The man scoffed a laugh and directed his quill pen to Adaron's attire.  "Fabian Andresyscu?  I don't quite think you're dressed for the occasion.  This is an expensive event sir, and if you cannot even afford the clothes for it, I hardly think you've been invited."

Adaron returned that glare and felt the fire of anger boiling in his belly.  "Don't be so quick to make assumptions.  I was a part of the excavation."

"If you were such an important member, then show me your invitation."

Adaron reached into his robe tunic and felt nothing.  "I, er, seem to have forgotten it."

"That's what I thought.  Now, please, move along sir, you've got a line growing behind you."

Adaron stepped away, people passing by him and he felt their scowls.  Stuff shirts indeed.  But it was no matter.  He was going to get in one way or another.  And if they didn't want to play nice, he wasn't going to play nice either.  Adaron stepped back toward the man.  "Excuse me, I think I just found my invitation."  And he pulled him aside.  His left eye abruptly glowed and surged bright red.  In a flash, the light emerged in a powerful beam that struck the top of the entrance to the building, cracking stone and snapping it, and blasting it apart.

Those by the door screamed and ran for cover as stone and mortar flew everywhere.  And as the smoke billowed out from the crumbled entrance, Adaron stalked through it.  He viewed  the crowd, the ones that were too far way to be struck by the blast, and they stared right back at him.  The orchestra that played stopped, and even cowered.  "Don't stop having a good time on my account," he said, and pushed through the crowd, heading for the heart.

Well, that was one to crash a party.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

The explosion, from only gods knew where, was most unexpected. Sure, there was always the threat of thieves, bit well... Even Aurora knew thieves had to be tactful, but whatever sort of attack this was did not sit well with her. Even after the perpetrator stepped inside, declaring other wise. And soon her eyes were going towards the relics, just as screams of panic filled the air.

Well, looks like this party was going to end early! So she had to be quick, and was pushing her way through the crowd, and over towards the relic table while guards were called in, rushing after the rude intruder.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Talk was cheap and time was short, and he leapt over table to table as the guards ushered in, shouting threateningly.  He felt the runes on his arms and legs grow hot with energy and they began to glow as they poured strength into his limbs.  And he jumped higher now, greater, leaping over one woman, a man's head, and even a small child.

He stepped on Aurora, stepping on her shoulder and leaping off it, and landing on the relic's table.  That's when he made a beeline for the Heart.  The Heart would be his.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Well, that was unexpected! And the feet on her shoulder dug into her long wig, pulling it off and sending it to the ground. She grit her teeth and swore, but was soon swearing for a different reason when she realized he was a thief and after the same prize!

"Oh, I don't think so." Kicking aside her wig, and slicking a hand through her unruly hair- which was thankfully bound in order to fit under the said, fallen wig, Aurora wasted no time in her pursuit, hailing to the guards, "There's a thief! A thief!" Hoping to have more men going after this crazy man before he took off with the goods! But damn if he wasn't fast, and his ability to simply leap over tables, definitely would fall under the category of incredible. But she was not about to praise the man who ruined her perfectly good plot! And she hadn't even the time to schmooze with the wealthy men here.

Oh well, she supposed she'd have to go with plan B-
Whatever that was.

Lion

Men indeed turned their attention toward him at the behest of....the WIGGED WOMAN.  He threw a staggered glance her way for a brief second, but it was a second enough for Serenian mage knights to gain ground around him, and a few of the men to stand up in the tables and grab anything they could as weapons to thwart the would-be thief.

Adaron turned his hands to frost, and he lunged at the first man before him, freezing his feet together, and throwing him aside, and blocking a candlestick coming toward his head.  He threw balls of ice outward, freezing more limbs and knocking them aside as he continued his pursuit of the Heart.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ice and snow on a beautiful day like this and inside could only mean one thing-
Magic. And ice magic, quite evidently! At this sudden chaotic turn, Aurora knew when her odds were unfavorable, and soon she began to seek out an exit with the rest, except there was a major clog of people at the only door available, and Aurora sighed. She supposed there were other ways to get out of here, and soon made her way up the grand staircase to the second floor, and slipped into the first room she saw- a rather modest sized study, full of tall bookshelves and other peculiar things. Most were underglass, but she was not exactly looking for relics here-
She needed a way out- and fast. She didn't exactly want to be frozen to death!

Making haste towards a partially opened window, she found, must to her displeasure, it was stuck. And no matter how much she tried to push and shove it open, it remained unmovable.

With a frustrated sigh, she tried the next window, which only gave an inch and made her frustrated sigh come out as a swear.
"Really now! How does someone as rich as he have sticky windows?" And for a moment she plopped onto a nearby chair as her elbow hit against a statue- and before she knew what she had done, the statue fell over, and inside was something sparkling.

Intrigued, she reached in between her breasts to produce a peculiar pair of spectacles, and once they were on her nose, she gasped.

She could see it. She could actually see it!
There was dust!

Lion

Adaron snatched the Heart, holding the shriveled thing underneath his arm.  The panic that had set in had created an impassable clutter of people and not even the guards could make their way through.  The rune mage  saw there was no where else for him to run, the exits being blocked with frightened sheep.  They all made him sick.  But he could dwell on that matter later.

He turned his magic inward, and his form suddenly dissipated, fluttering outward in a flurry of a hundreds of black feathers that seemed to flow in a hurricane wind.  It was not a form of escape he used often, but tearing apart the Chamber house would likely just bring it down around his head. And his effort would've been wasted.

He materialized at the top the stairs and just as he was bounding through a room, his foot caught on the end of a heel and he came tumbling over that red-haired woman's form.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She only had a chance to cry out when her face smashed into the ground.
What was this!? Who in their right mind would or could blindly run into her!?
"I know there's chaos down stairs but really, my figure is hard to miss!" she scolded, but stopped in mid-sentence as she stared back at the form of the man who had just caused the chaos. And very unlike her, she screamed and moved to shove him off, and in doing so, heard something clunk onto the ground and roll right over beside the shattered statue.

Picking up her spectacles, as they had fallen off when the strange man rudely tripped over her, she hastily put them on, and while still gripping the temples, she released a gasp. The heart she desired did possess dust! And a ton of it!

And she wasted no time, hastily snatching up both the heart and the glittering object (of which she had no idea what it was, for she hadn't the chance to study it before the interruption!) and getting to her feet.

"You'll have to forgive me for this, because I need this relic more than you can understand."
And something dropped between them, and the woman now held a kerchief over her mouth and nose, and soon a light flashed and sleepy smoke began to seep up from the floor- and just as the smoke was rising, she made fast work out of the room and seeking desperately to find another.

Lion

That sleeping had might have worked if Adaron had climbed to his feet quickly. He was surprisingly nimble for a man so large and he barreled after her.  "The Heart is mine!" He growled and felt his hands grow got with fury. And from that fury came fire, which he promptly launched at her hair.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

By the time the flame was launched, Aurora had just turned the corner into another room-
some exquisitely posh room with an enormous bed too big for five people, with a decadent canopy and the most ornate furniture she had ever seen. But she hardly had time to admire it, for she slammed the door behind her and locked it, and then promptly realized- part of her hair was on fire!

Grabbing a nearby vase full of flowers, she dumped the contents over her head, as water and fresh cut flowers gushed over her form. Her white dress was now practically translucent, but at least the fire was out and only left a small chunk of burned hair. She feared that would have come out a lot worse had she been a second slower, or had her hair worn down. It was, after all, quite unruly and it took her quite a while to get it as tucked close to her head as she could! She just hoped she wouldn't have a bald spot from it as she paused, for just a brief moment, to study herself in standing mirror beside the bed.

Lion

A SECOND TOO LATE!

WHAM!

The lock to the door snapped with the jam and Adaron came bursting through, half dazed from the sleep smoke that had drifted out after him, and some of it even followed him into the room. "Give me that heart!" he howled and lunged across the bed before her.  He slammed into her in a furious tackle.

"Give it to me, I need it!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She hadn't expected that and before she knew it, she was literally tackled onto the most opulent bed in all of her days! But just as she was recovering from the shock of it all, she saw the lingering curls of her knock out smoke and gaped.

It was all a horrendous nightmare, really, because it could be laughed at had the circumstances been any different. The man, after all, was terrifying. He didn't even have a proper eye, and spewed magic out like a feral pig. And whens he went to struggle beneath him, she found a fire grow within herself at his claim.

"I doubt you need it more than I!" A foolish shout in a futile situation. And was she beginning to get sleepy? At least the room appeared to be starting to spin. "The heart it..."
Oh yeah, she was getting loopy and the more she struggled, the heavier she felt.

Lion

This was his chance, though he too was feeling groggy from the smoke.  And all that time spent tussling over the the Heart had given the guards ample time to break the crowd and climb the stairs, their shouts clamoring down the hallway toward that very room.

There was no time to concentrate, even as Adaron fought desperately with himself to stay awake.  He tried to pull the Heart from her grasp, but she still had an iron grip on that thing!  And time was running short.  So instead he forced himself off her and took her entire body with him, cradling her in his arms as he staggered to his feet.  He lumbered toward the window and when sense came to him, threw them both out of it.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

When she was scooped up (for despite how tall he was, she still felt it was quite the feat!) she wriggled in protest.
"What on earth on you doing?"
And then her eyes went wide as he headed towards the window.
"Oh my god... what ARE you doing?!" she said, sobering. "We're on the second floor!" But it was too late, and soon she was screaming, despite herself, as they fell.

Lion

Adaron held her securely in his arms as the fell from the second floor.  He had gotten enough energy to make it to the shorter roof below, but just barely and his boots teetered on the edge. He used her weight as a counter to pull him forward and began running along the roof.  "You're not gonna give me the Heart? You'll come with me!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"What!?" Oh he could NOT be serious! "You've got to be joking! Now put me down and perhaps we can talk about this like civilized adults! But I can guarantee your desires are not nearly as demanding as mine." After all, he probably had all of his soul! What use did he have for the relic anyways? He probably just wanted the money...
Well, he could have that when she was done with it! But then again.. it wasnt like she could take him to her laboratory, even if she wanted to. That would be the kiss of death for her!

Lion

"Just what could you possibly need it for? You don't even know what it is you possess!"  Adaron scoffed at her and  continued to run along the roof.  He leapt for another building, landing a little heavier this time.  She was not exactly a light woman, even being as strong as he was. Gods, what did she eat every day?  Pfft!

"I am sure my need is much more pressing."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

All of this jumping around made it difficult for her to wriggle, but when he paused to make his retort, she snorted.
"I doubt you realize the complications behind this relic. And I can assure you, it is worth much more to me."

Lion

When they reached a taller building, Adaron ran up alongside a massive wall to a cathedral.  The building was at least 4 stories from the ground, and it was here that Adaron finally set her down.  He kept one hand on her and the other on the disheveled form of the Heart.  "And who are you to make such a claim?" He could easily have her sailing off the edge, but his firm grip kept her steady and he wouldn't let go of the Heart of it meant the death of him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: