Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

First Impressions [DragonSong]

Started by Arocraes, March 25, 2016, 08:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arocraes

"How lucky I am to have met such a generous and benevolent person" Arocraes joked in response, "You are the true face of kindness." Arocraes scratched his chin, running his hand through his scruff that was getting more unkempt.

"You'll get your knives, just don't stab me after I'm done making them" he added in jest. They approached the bartender and Arocraes motioned Tara to show him the piece of cloth.

DragonSong

She snorted softly at that- kid seemed to have a decent sense of humor, despite getting just about everything he owned stolen- and fished the cloth out of her pocket.

"Excuse me, sir." She leaned overt the bar and gave the bartender a charming smile, batting her lashes. "Don't suppose you recognize the fabric? Maybe could tell me if you saw a customer wearing something like it?"

Arocraes

Arocraes watched the woman and did not intervene in questioning the bartender.

Before the bartender could answer, a woman with jet black hair and doll bangs approached Arocraes and Tara. "I've seen someone wearing that" she said, with her hazel eyes staring directly into Arocraes'. "Want me to take you to him?" She smiled as she looked up and down at Tara and Arocraes. Probably a trap, but could get us closer to the theif Arocraes thought.

DragonSong

Easily switching her attention to the woman, Tara let her head tilt to one side and batted her eyes ditzily. "Oh, could you? That would be a big help, thanks!"

Her hand slid to the small of her back, assuring herself that her dagger was in easy reach.

Arocraes

"No problem" the woman exclaimed as she smiled and winked at Tara. She reached for Arocraes' hand without warning and began leading them. Arocraes looked behind him, nodding at Tara to make sure she was ready should anything happen.

"Say, where is this place?" Arocraes said, not knowing what to call the woman. "You'll see" she replied with a chuckle.

DragonSong

Following along with a wide smile, Tara let her eyes sweep warily over their surroundings, waiting for things to go south.

Arocraes

The woman led the two to a normal looking house that overlooked the pier. She led them up a small flight of stairs to the front door. She then knocked three times rhythmically in a 3/4 beat, where a man covered in black all over except the eyes opened the door. Arocraes began to reach for his katana's handle instinctively again, only to remember it was stolen.

"This way" she said as she walked down a flight of stairs into the basement of the house. Surrounding the room where dozens of men donning the same clothing as the man who opened the door. Two men armed with cutlasses walked towards Arocraes and Tara, signaling the two to put their hands in the air. The woman walked into a separate room in the basement and came out with Arocraes' katana. "Now, tell me about this" she said to him, "What are these markings?"

"Wind spells" he replied, "But they were created so only I could use them." Arocraes dropped his hands ignoring the armed men before him, rolling up one of his sleeves revealing a tattooed arm with markings that were the same as were on the katana. "I can show you how it works if you hand the katana back to me" he cheekily added.

DragonSong

Ooooh, she definitely didn't like this. Damn kid better be as good at smithing as he claimed. Tara kept her mouth shut and just watched the exchange with her hands raised peaceably.

She did give a low whistle though, calling a very faint breeze to swirl around her feet, hopefully one that no one else would notice.

Arocraes

The woman scrunched up her brow before relexing her face into a rough chuckle. "So you're saying all I need is your arm?" Her face lit up. "Very well."

She signaled one of the men in front of Arocraes, nodding her head to tell him to start slice his arm off. He raised his cutlass with two hands on the grip above his head, releasing it from its peak with full momentum heading for Arocraes' shoulder. Arocraes could dodge his attack, but other men were beginning to draw closer and without a weapon Arocraes' defenses would be futile.

DragonSong

Of course. Of fucking course.

Tara threw a hand out and whistled two sharp notes. A gust of wind knocked the attacking man back against the wall, hopefully hard enough to knock him out.

Before anyone else could move, Tara snapped to Arocraes, "Cover your ears," and started to sing. She tugged on her magic, much more than a thread this time, and fed it into her voice, lulling her listeners into a stupor.

Arocraes

Arocraes' listened obediently, shoving his hands into his ears and watched the scene unfold. Everyone seemed to be disoriented and unable to stop the two from escaping. "Musician by day and weird crime fighting magic user by night huh" Arocraes teased as he dropped his hands from his ears. He casually walked to the room that held his possessions after grabbing his katana from the fallen woman.

The back room contained belongings of many other victims. Arocraes giggled in amusement, rummaging to find his things. "Oh these poor bastards" he said to himself as he slid his armor piece back into his arm. I should probably tell the authorities about this place he thought to himself. As he turned to walk out and thank Tara, he heard footsteps from several men up above.

DragonSong

She smirked a bit and shook her head at him, keeping up a soft, continuous hum to make sure the spell stayed in place long enough for them to get out of here.

At the sound of footsteps, Tara frowned and jerked her head at Arocreas. "C'mon, let's move," she murmured, then quickly picked her humming up again, taking a few steps back.

Arocraes

Arocraes nodded and followed her, walking towards the stairs. Just then, several town guards came running down in front of the two. "Stop you violated the law!" shouted the one in charge. Arocraes held his hands in the air, hoping they would not attack. The captain of the guard sent two of his men searching the room, where the unconscious bodies certainly did not seem to look too well for Arocraes and Tara.

The men ran into the backroom. "It's all in here! It must be!" shouted one of the guards. The captain scrunched his face in anger. "You two are coming with me."

DragonSong

"On what grounds?" Tara gasped, making her eyes go wide and her voice a little breathy. She grabbed for Arocreas's arm and tucked herself against his side, trying to look small and vulnerable. "We haven't done anything unlawful, sir," she murmured, playing up her gypsy accent a bit.

Arocraes

Arocraes' cheeks flushed in embarrassment as he had no idea what was going on. "We're not who you think we are" he boldly claimed. Before he could continue to explain further, another guard punched Arocraes in the mouth.

"Shut up." the captain said with a stern and angry face. "We've heard it all before so just shut up." Arocraes found it very peculiar that the guards did not care for the group of people--the actual thieves--that were still in the room. Perhaps they're in liege with one another Arocraes thought bribery for protection. It didn't seem too far fetched of an idea, but regardless Arocraes and Tara were going to jail.

"Lock them in the cell" the captain said as several began to take Arocraes by the arm and guide him to the prison, take his belongings with them.

DragonSong

Tara dropped the act and hissed, catlike, when the man struck her companion. "Oi, you have no right!" she snapped, starting to struggle as one of the guards pinned her arms behind her back. "We haven't done anything wrong! Where's your proof, huh?"

Arocraes

"Calm down" Arocraes said calmly to her. "We'll get out of this I promise." He smiled to her, as he truly believed they could turn the situation in their favor if they played along.

"We surrender" he said to one of the guards, who in response spat in Arocraes' face. "Alright then" he said as he wiped his face with his sleeve.

DragonSong

Sighing and rolling her eyes, Tara went still. "Fine. Take us away. But there's no need to be so uncouth about it." She sniffed and tossed her hair primly.

Arocraes

The same guard that spit on Arocraes snarled at her comment. He turned around to face her, charging his hand to strike her. Just when he was about to hit her, Arocraes grabbed the man's hand and smiled. "We're ready" he said as he released the man's hand, who spat at Arocraes' feet instead and began to carry the pair roughly.

DragonSong

She arched an eyebrow, surprised that he'd defended her. "Quite the gentleman, aren't you?" she murmured under her breath as they were hustled along.

Tags: