Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sure, I Can be a Guide (Elector Count of WAAAGH!) (Closed)

Started by JackieCat, July 29, 2016, 08:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Tags to: @Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Faelis was having an average day.

Admittedly, an average day for him was far from the average day of a normal person, you know, a farmer, a shopkeeper.  Yes, an average day for the elf could include sneaking into some high-security treasury and just stealing a few things, and leaving a note with some snarky remarks on how security could be better, or it could be starting a barfight and ending up running from the city guard.

But today, while average, was coming off as uneventful to the thief.  Sure, he had pickpocketed some wealthy nobles walking through the crowded market, and he had even managed to get a necklace right off of a Lady's neck.  The elf really liked Cerenis, the market was always lively, and there was always something going on, but now Faelis was sitting in a rather nice inn, the Copper Inn, and was drinking a mug of ale and just relaxing.  He was sitting in a darker booth in the corner, just watching the people come and go.  The barmaids would've kicked him out long ago, he knew, for staying here so long and for how he looked, black clothes, black hair, piercings, but he kept buying drinks, and he did have a way with words when he wanted to.

He wasn't waiting for anyone, or looking for a job, but just sitting, and contemplating what his next job would be, who he would steal from next.

While he had been looking for a place to have a drink, he thought about finding a place and, after his drink, of course, starting a fight, but he had decided on the Copper Inn, and, since he liked the place, he wasn't going to start a fight here.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Josef Bugmen opened the door, rather loudly I may add, and came in laughing heartily. He went up to the bar, but from over the counter the bartender could only see the top side of the helmet with two horns sticking out.

Josef took a moment to climb onto a nearby stool, taking care not to topple over, before turning to the innkeeper and said. "Oi, Umgri, a pint of ya strongest grog." before slamming his metal pint cup onto the table as well as some coins.

The innkeeper looked at him questionably before the Dwarf just laughed. "In your words, manling, a pint of ya strongest Ale." the innkeeper gave the Dwarf a look but proceeded with his order.

Josef took a small chug of the said beverage. He kept some in his mouth, purly to see how it tasted, before swallowing it. "I've had better... but I have worse. Haha.  This'll have ta do." said the Dwarf as he turned back to the innkeeper. "So lad, what's da good news?"

JackieCat

Faelis, of course, noticed immediately when the dwarf entered, how could he not?  The stout man banged into the place and Faelis's golden eyes followed him as he walked to the bar and sat down, banging his mug on the bartop and ordering some strong ale.

Faelis continued to study the dwarf, gathering as much information as he could about him.  He looked like a rather average dwarf, and he looked rather travel-worn to Faelis, but that was no surprise, this whole city was for travelers, basically, it was, after all, a port city.

Faelis listened to their conversation as the dwarf asked at question.  The innkeeper frowned at the question, not quite sure what the dwarf meant, so he asked him.  "I don't know what ye mean," teh man asked. "The 'good news'?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Now that's somthing you manlings say. What I mean is what's the local news, anything intreasting happen in town that deserves drinking to?" Said Josef.

JackieCat

The innkeeper frowned again, not quite liking the term 'manling', but he made no comment.  "Nothin' really," he said.  "There are a few royals in town, but then again, there's always some noble or two aroun' the place.  There's been a recent increase in burglaries in the area, too.  In fact, a rich merchant's treasury was just robbed last night.  The culprit hasn't been caught, though I don't suspect they will be, with all the crime around here."

Faelis smirked, feeling the weight of the coins in his money purse, he hadn't stolen anything special from the merchant, or even very much, just some coins.  The real reason he had broken in was mostly to spite the merchant, and for a little adventure.

"Not much else happenin', though," the innkeeper shrugged. "Whe're ye from, dwarf?  'Round here?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"No, manling, I'm not from around these lands at all. My hold is quite a far ways from here... or anywhere around here for that matter. Although I tell you what, I've never seen such beautiful lands such as this. Well, not since I first poked me head out of the o'l Kazad years ago, haha." The dwarf took another chug before continuing. "Truth be told, me guild has employed me ta find out about this place. They want ta open up communications and possible trade. I've been able to map parts of the mainland but I was lead to believe that this was the coastal port. I was hoping ta come here for information about this town. Now tell, since there are so many wealthy merchants around, I would assume trade would be good, yes?"

JackieCat

The innkeeper nodded. "Aye, there's plenty 'a trade around here!  So, ye're on a mission, do ye know where ye're going?  Do ye have any knowledge of Le'raana?"

Faelis raised an eyebrow, and idea forming.  If the dwarf needed a guide, perhaps he could do it?  He knew a lot, seriously, a lot about Le'raana, and it sounded like it would be an adventure. . .  The elf waited to hear the dwarf's reply.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Well to tell you the truth Umgri, I've 'aven't da faintest clue. Although I did come down by the river... Right now I'm looking for the highest point within these lands, want to try to map out the area for meself. Would you have any idea where that would be?" Asked the dwarf.

JackieCat

Faelis smirked to himself.  So he did need a guide.  The Innkeeper looked perplexed at his question.

"I have no idea," the man said, and that was when Faelis got up and sauntered over to the bar, leaning up against it next to the dwarf.

"What do you mean the highest point in these lands?" he asked, not ashamed at all to be letting the dwarf know that he had been listening in.  "Do you mean just here, in Serendipity, this country, or in all of Le'ranna?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Josef raised an eyebrow "If you have to know, elgi, I'd like to find somewhere high in this country. But if there's such a place as high in the entirety of Le'ranna, I'd like to see it. But what's all this to you?"

JackieCat

Elgi, elf?

"There are the mountains to the north," Faelis said.  "And the ground slopes more gently before the cliffs start."  He shrugged when the dwarf asked what was in it for him.  "What's in it for me?" he repeated. "Well, if you're going to pay for a guide, there's that."  He shrugged again and stood straight, as if he was going to leave. "But if you don't need a guide, and think you can navigate this whole world by yourself, a world I happen to know much about, then I can leave. . ."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Josef snorted "Figured a elgi won't help out of the goodness of your heart. Nevertheless a guide sounds nice... But it's with a elgi, soooo... Let's talk about how much you are charging."

JackieCat

Faelis leaned back on the bar.

"Believe me," he chuckled, only slightly offended by the dwarf's remark, after all, he was a dwarf, and they weren't known for loving elves.  "You wouldn't be saying that if you knew my brother, he'd help you out for free, and give you some money besides."

He turned so his back was to the bar as he leaned against it and looked at one of the many rings on his hand as he continued. "But as for what I'm charging, how much do you have?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Rule number one of business, my pointy eared friend, never tell your dealer how much your dealing with." said the Dwarf as he took a chug. "Name a price, then I'll tell you which way we can go."

JackieCat

Faelis smiled, not surprised by the dwarf's answer.  "You know your stuff, I wasn't sure what kind of dwarf you were," he said.  "So, for a price. . . how about, twenty-five glints?"

The thief knew the price was high, and he assumed the dwarf would know that too, unless currency was different where he came from, but he wanted to mess with the shorter fellow a bit.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

THe dwarf nodded a bit, before asking "What exactly are you planning to show me? Egli?"

JackieCat

Faelis noted that the dwarf did not comment on the amount he was asking, but he continued.

"Whatever you want me to," he answered. "What sort of place are you looking for?"  Almost as an afterthought, Faelis added. "Do you even know anything about this world?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"I've only known bits and pieces since I've gotten here." said the Dwarf "Looking to expand on that. My main concern is mapping out ever trail as well as learn a bit about each place I visit. Right now, I'm focused on this country."

Josef brought up a map of the Serendipity with the separate provinces, towns, and cities. "Right now I've gone through the river, but I haven't really seen much else."

The dwarf looked up at the elf "But besides showing me everything I want to see, how long are you planning on staying with me?"

JackieCat

"As long as you need me, or as long as you have coin," Faelis said, winking at the dwarf, however, this wasn't strictly true, if the dwarf didn't have enough money to keep paying him after a while, the elf very well might stay with the dwarf, if the adventure was interesting enough.

"You say you've seen the river, but you must have sailed to Le'ranna, correct?  If so, where did you dock?  Here, in Cerenis?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The Dwarf shook his head "We dwarves don't like traversing the surface lands, much less the sea. I arrived by foot, if you could believe it." The dwarf said, finishing the last of the ale before sliding more coins to the tavern keeper.

"But in all honesty, elgi, your price is more then a little steep, considering I know very little of you. Besides, you pointy-ears have a great tendencies of running... specifically away from the likes of me."