Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sure, I Can be a Guide (Elector Count of WAAAGH!) (Closed)

Started by JackieCat, July 29, 2016, 08:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

When the dwarf mentioned the price again, Faelis smiled.  "Don't worry," he said. "I have no prejudices against dwarves, unlike many of my kind."

Though that wasn't to say he wouldn't leave the dwarf high and dry if he wanted to, just that if he did, it would have nothing to do with the dwarf's species, Faelis would treat an elf just the same.

"But about the price. . . how about twenty glints, that fair?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The still shook his head "I've spent enough time on the surface to know how to take care of myself. THat price is still too high, the most I'd pay is fifteen silever, and that is only if I'd be drunk."

Josef closed lid of his mug and hung it around his belt. "Oi, tavernkeeper. Ya know where the nearest mapmaker is?"

The innkeeper looked over and nodded. "Down the street to the left."

THe dwarf turned around to the elf and said "Unless you have anything else to say, egli, I need to keep moving."

JackieCat

Faelis chuckled, shaking his head at the dwarf's response.  "You can get a map, but it won't tell you what you need to know."  He paused for a moment before continuing.  "How about seventeen glints, no higher."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"It's fifteen or nothing, elgi." Said the Dwarf as he got off of the stool "Besides, i need a map less for directions and more for recording."

JackieCat

"Fine, fifteen," Faelis shrugged, it wasn't as if the price really mattered to him, he had enough money, the adventure, if there was to be one, would be the real reward.  "So, first things first," the elf glanced at the dwarf.  "I'm Faelis."

He wasn't in the habit of saying his last name, too much information to give out, and shaking hands?  Not usually, too many attacks started with grabbing a hand or wrist.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Josef, Josef Grinsbeard." said the Dwarf as he extended his hand.

JackieCat

Faelis smiled at the dwarf, Josef Grinsbeard, as the other extended his hand, but most people with eyes could see that the smile was not completely genuine, at least not in the sense that it came off as sort of rude.

"I don't do that," Faleis said, ignoring the dwarf's outstretched hand, completely unashamed of his refusal.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"The manling's would call this a trust exercise. We're gonna have problems moving if we can't trust each other... at least I will." said the Dwarf, hand still in front of him.

JackieCat

Faelis put his hands in his pockets, obviously not going to accept the offered hand.  "Trust?" he half-scoffed, half-laughed. "Where are you from?  Maybe trust comes easy where you're from, but not here, at least not in my book.  I've met way to many tricksters and cheaters to trust someone the second they offer you a job."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Well then, elgi, your lose. If you can't even trust me enough to shake my hand, how can trust you with my back?" said the Dwarf turning suddenly around and grabbed his crossbow, before heading for the door.

JackieCat

'Argh!  Why so difficult?  I should have suspected from a dwarf, stubborn as a mule,' Faelis thought, and he was half-temped to just let the dwarf leave, to preserve his own pride, but he sighed and sauntered after the dwarf towards the door, falling in step beside him, though, admittedly, the elfs strides were far longer than the dwarfs.  He did want an adventure, what did he care about danger?  Heck, he lived it.

"Okay, you want a hand shake, here you go," he stepped in front of the dwarf, blocking his path, and held out a hand.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Josef whirled around with a grin, as he took the hand of the elf with a firm grip. "Now that wasn't so hard. Come on elgi, we've got places to be."

JackieCat

Nearly as soon as the dwarf had taken his hand, Faelis withdrew it, putting it back into his pants pocket and sauntered after the dwarf and out the door.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Josef opened the door to the sunshine onto his face. No matter how many times that happened, Josef would never be rid of that tingling feeling when the light touches his beard. He headed for the map shop while humming an old dwarven tune to himself.

JackieCat

"So, your mission is to find out about this world, right?"  Faelis asked, but he continued without waiting for an answer.  "So what's the land called where you come from?  What's it like?  Are there as many different beings and cultures?"

As he said the last one, he waved a hand at their surroundings.  The street was bustling with people from many different races, from fairies and fauns to a few smaller dragons and even a few goblins here and there, the diversity was amazing.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Aye, it's me job to find out about these lands for me trading guild. THey're looking to expand their business." said the Dwarf thoughtfully. "As for where I'm from... well there's really nothing much to tell about. For the majority of the surface world is ridden of all sorts of abominations seeking to destroy the civilized nations, including our own. I come from the North, and they're are truly about three nations I know well. There's our dwarven Holds of the Dron Karak, or Thunder Mountains in manling tongue. I come from the dwarven hold of Dhogh Darahl, we dwarves are known for our fine dwarven weapons and fierce dwarf warriors. Down below are you human settlements, they collectively call themselves the Ufrad Commonwealth, I believe. Then even further down are the accursed wood elgi, they hide themselves among the Forest of Erfluna." Josef seem to say that last part with a good deal of disgust.

"What about your people? Elgi. By the beards of my ancestors, I hope they're not as bad as those wood elgi."

JackieCat

"There's quite a wide variety here," Faelis said.  "From the elves like me to those immortal near-god-like elves, to the elves that are more like imps.  There are some ethnicity that are more stuck-up or more warlike or whatever, but I tend not to categorize people by their race," Faelis said.  "The dwarves here, on the other hand, are more similar to each other from type to type, though that's not to say there aren't differences." He glanced down at the dwarf.  "What was your problem with the elves in your land?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"It was never a matter of my problem... all my problems with the elgi could be compared to most of my kinsmen. Dwarves and elves are as differnt as the sun is to the moon. But you see, we dwarves of the Dron Karak can bear grudges that last generations. These wood elgi have wronged our ancestors on more then one occasion and were a mortal enemy until only recently, thanks to the manlings." the Dwarf grunted

"My problem with them have always been their attitude... we share common enemies, yet they think they are superior because they are the so called guardians of the forest who uses magic in the most uncontrolled fashion. Worst yet they think both dwarf and man are pathetic and disposable." Josef huffed a bit. "In fact, you should be lucky my kinsmen thought it be a good idea to send me... if it been any o'l dawi they would've put a hole right through your skull."

Josef reached the map makers and began opening the door.

JackieCat

"Humans have always been great at forging through," Faelis said when the dwarf mentioned how the humans had stopped the dwarves and elves from fighting.   He nodded when the dwarf continued to talk about the elves from his land.  "Some of the immortal kinds are like that," he said, and chuckled when the dwarf said he was lucky.

"I doubt it," he said. "I'm quite adept and dodging attacks," lots of experience, he added in his head, "even if my strength isn't as much as a dwarf's."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

"Oh it's not always abut speed, egli. Sometimes it's about how much you can take... and how much you can give." chuckled the Dwarf as he entered the mapmaker shop.

Josef casually walked up to the counter, he looked around and grabbed a nearby stool, then got onto it.

He said to the owner. "Oi, do you have a map of the entirety of Serendipity."

The owner nodded and said "Of course I do master dwarf, but give me one moment."

As Josef waited he looked back over at the elf. "So, what brings you to this town specifically."