Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A New Dawn, A New Day <JackieCat>

Started by Blink, August 28, 2016, 05:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Nashya took a moment to think of her options. "I would like to go to Thanatos, its the closest to Serendipity." she leaned back propping herself up on her shoulders, her hair falling back as she looked at the sky.

"I have seen a lot of Thanati travelers here and I think the clothing and culture is beautiful."

She closed her eyes, still leaned back propped up on her shoulders. "I have always dreamed of what silk felt like on the skin." her eyes remained closed as she dreamed of the feeling.

JackieCat

"Indeed," Faelis said. "I've even traveled through the jungles form time to time, and they're quiet interesting as well, though they can be dangerous."

Faelis shifted into a more comfortable position on the sand.  "We should probably get to sleep."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya was dazzled by the ideas of such landscaping.

Nodding in agreement to his statement about sleep she shifted her elbows out from underneath her, wrapping her arms over herself. As she lay on her back, continuing to stare at the sky. "You know Faelis..." her voice soft. "I am really glad I met you today."

JackieCat

Faelis smiled and lay down as well, putting his hands behind his head.  "I'm glad I met you as well," he said. "And not just because of our somewhat shared 'condition'."  He glanced over at her. "It's not everyday that I meet someone like you."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya smiled still laying on her back and quickly fell asleep, his words lingering in her thoughts. It had been a while since she could sleep so soundly. Always on edge... but knowing that he was there comforted her in a way and made her feel at ease.

JackieCat

It took Faelis a few minutes to fall asleep, but even when he did, he would still be awake in a flash with a danger in his hand if his sharp elven hears picked up any sign of danger.  Being alert even when asleep was so natural to him that even if he were to sleep in a place that was relatively safe (unlikely for him) he would still be constantly alert, when awake and when sleeping.

The next morning he woke with the sun and glanced over at Nashya.  He considered for a mere moment going into the market to perhaps pick a few pockets before they left for Thanatos, be he decided against it, he didn't want to leave Nashya here alone while she was asleep.

My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Her eyes flickered open, in her sleep Nashya had rolled over onto her side, the vision of the burnt out fire being the first thing she saw. Pushing herself up with her hands, Nashya looked around for Faelis only to find him where he was the night before... already awake.

"Good morning" she said softly stretching her arms upwards, attempting to awaken her muscles. "Nice to see your still here" smiling she continued "I thought for sure you would run off while I was asleep and get as far away as possible" she joked.

JackieCat

He shook his head as he poked at the fire with a stick. "Hardly, I can understand to some extent what you've gone through.  People get scared when they find out, people are scared of things they're unfamiliar with."

He stood up, brushing sand off of himself.  "Do you want to get something to eat?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

The mere mention of food made Nashya jump up, sand flinging off of her clothes.

Bashfully, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she had realized how foolish her actions were. Re-correcting herself she responded "I would like that very much."

Her cheeks were flushed red, as she tried to gather her things and shove them in her bag. After collecting the few things she needed she placed it over her shoulder.  Once again the weather too hot to wear her cloak she slung it over her bag between the straps.

"You know Faelis, I know I have said this a million times but I really am glad you stuck around"

Nashya started fiddling with her fingers, a nervous gesture. "And I know you have not said it... but I.. I think you are happy I stuck around too." she bit her lip looking at the ground. "And... I just want you to know... that I'm not going anywhere either."

After finishing she turned her head towards the ocean to avoid his gaze. "I may not seem to be a strong person... but I am strong enough to be here for you to." The ocean breeze whipped through her hair as she stood... staring at the possibility of a new world.

JackieCat

Faelis chuckled at her reaction, but nodded.  "I am glad you stuck around," he said. "And I've been around enough to know that strength is actually not often physical."

He smiled at her and started walking back up the beach. "Besides," he turned around to walk backwards as he spoke to her, a mischievous gleam in his eyes as he laughed. "I knew you wouldn't leave, who could resist me?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya giggled at Faelis's remark playfully pretending to start walking in the other direction. "Resisting..." she laughed. After only a few moments she started back in the same direction as Faelis. "Just kidding".

Today Nashya had a pep in her step, slightly skipping along the beach behind Faelis.

"I do believe that the real problem here is how completely amazing I am... it is you my dear Faelis who cannot resist...". Nashya scrunched her nose at him.

JackieCat

Faelis laughed at her remark, and he put a hand to his chest, feigning surprise.  "You've found me out, it is true!"

He laughed again, and now the market was in sight.  "Do you want to get something quick from a stall or go inside an inn or something?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya continued to skip along behind Faelis. "A stall is fine"

"Last time we were both at an inn it didnt turn out so great".

With that Nashya's attention turned to the boats. "I cant believe that in just a little bit I will not be in Serendipity!"

JackieCat

They headed into the market and soon they were surrounded by people.  The atmosphere was almost like a festival, with people hawking their wares and the street crowded.

"I was so happy to leave my home and start traveling," Faelis said to Nashya's remark. "I couldn't wait to see the world."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya continued to stroll behind Faelis. Her eyes scanned the crowd, nothing out of the ordinary. The festival like commotion caused emotion to stir within her. She had been so caught up in the excitement of leaving that she had completely forgotten about how this was her home. All the familiar sights and smells.

"Did you have anyone with you when you left? To see the world I mean?" Nashya prodded for information to get her mind off of any doubts.

JackieCat

Faelis shook his head. "Nope, I was all alone.  How about you?  Were you with anyone when you came here to Cerenis?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

As if answering a standard question Nashya responded " Nope, I have pretty much been alone since I was a kid after my parents died" Her parents death no longer being something that bothered her so much. "So when to we board the boat? I think it takes about 3 days to get there once the boat leaves the docks... assuming the weather is permittable."

JackieCat

Faelis pursed his lips when she said her parents had died, but before he could say anything, she continued.

"There are quite a few ships going to Thanatos every day," Faelis said. "So we'll probably be able to catch one within a few hours or so," he paused before saying. "I'm sorry about your parents."

He didn't know the situation, or Nashya was even sad about her parents deaths, they could have been abusive killers for all Faelis knew, but he said it anyway.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Looking down for only a brief moment Nashya took a moment to think of her parents.

"They were very loving... doting even."

"They were taken by illness, most of the villagers were actually..." she paused. "Those of us that were not afflicted left, not much was left to stay for. I was an only child, no siblings to keep in contact with, so I followed suit and abandoned the village."

Looking up she smiled, "What about your parents Faelis?"

Her attention was quickly stolen as the smell of fresh bread whipped past her with the breeze. Her gaze quickly finding the source of such wonderful scents. Pointing she looked to Faelis "What about there?"

JackieCat

Faelsi nodded and started for the bread stand.  "That must have been awful," he commented on her statement.  "My parents are still alive and well, as far as I know.  I haven't seen them for, oh, ti's bee seven years now, I think?  I ran away when I was fifteen.  My parents weren't awful, but they mostly ignored me, my brother was the one that got all the attention," he chuckled dryly. "But I'm sure that sounds rather melodramatic, doesn't it?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: