Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wasn't It Just Like...? [Draco!]

Started by Anonymous, April 18, 2009, 05:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was too crowded here. Way too crowded.

Dacia was not used to large groups of people like she was seeing while making her way through Cerenis. It messed with her mentality to use force when necessary. She'd come here hoping to get a few easy steals off merchants...but there were too many people! She groaned and rushed away from the heart of trade in town and slowed as she saw a few unmanned stands at the end of the street.

Greed in her eyes, she moved down to the end and slipped some of the best fruit into her bag before climbing up to the rooftops. Once she got the very top of the building she dashed down to the next block to avoid any possible trouble with the people of the area, should any have seen her. Plopping on the edge, letting her legs hang down, she took an apple from the stolen store of her pack and bit into it, relishing in the sweet taste of ease and simplicity; as much as she enjoyed using weapons, it was always less of a hassle to steal undetected. She swallowed, gave a cackling snort and then bit into her apple again, chewing with a smile on her face as the sea breeze blew cool air against her. What a wonderful day it was!

Anonymous

True to his hobbies, Taeo was roof hopping.  Jumping from roof to roof, sitting pearched on the top, lookind down at the adorable little humans in their meaty casings. Of course then he spotted one stealing.

Stealing was just not the right thing to do! No sir!

Taeo smirked and watched as she climbed to the rooftops. He ducked low so she wouldn't see him then followed after her, smirking slightly, rolling his pale eyes skyward. Silly human! Well, Taeo was never sure about these ones, they were all soft fleshy things.

Carefully, Taeo unwrapped the cloth from his hands, revealing a hand that looked like it was carved out of very dense ice. It wasn't see-through, but a solid dark blue, like frozen flesh. " Excuse me." He commented almost politely when he reached into the bag to grab one of the stolen apples.

It froze.

Instantly. Completely.

"Oh, dear, would you look at that." He said off handedly, dropping it over the rooftop, leaning over to watch it shatter against the ground, making someone look up at them and yell. " Sorry! Didn't mean to drop that!" Looking back to the girl, he wrapped his hand back up and blinked a few times. " I lied. I did mean to drop it."

"You know. Stealing is bad..." He trailed off and sat beside her, legs kicking over the side, his hands in his lap, his head tilted back and looking at her with wide white-blue eyes, there was an almost charming smile on his lips and he fluttered his eyes at her. "I'm Taeo."

Anonymous

Ah, of course good moments did not last long in the life of a thief. So soon after she'd settled into her spot she noticed something, rather someone, at the corner of her vision and snapped her head around just in time to see him reach into her bag and pull out...a frozen apple. Astonished by the sight she could not help but watch as he dropped it off the edge, a shattering noise following from below. She stared at him for a moment, at a lose as her mind tried to catch up with what had just happened, but then things started to connect.

His skin, his eyes and even his hair all looked so...off. She'd seen some strange-looking creatures in her years but never someone quite like he. "Taeo...what a funny name, is it short for something?" Smirking, she took another bite of her apple and stared straight ahead like nothing had happened at all. Once she swallowed she asked, "Is it a hobby of yours to go around ruining perfectly good food?"

Poor Dacia. She had a rough time controlling her temper, no matter the magnitude of whatever might provoke her. Of course she knew he had been talking about her stealing the apples, but when had he noticed her? It had all happened so fast, in her mind at least, but she didn't want to admit that someone had caught her.

Anonymous

"Yup. Short for Taeodalietkaaloutenshika." He smiled and kicked his legs out, copying her movements, looking to her now and then. " Hey, you can't get grumpy about the apple, you didn't do anything for it, and besides." Taeo puffed out his chest and put his hands on his knees as he looked to the side. The blue bandana covered his eyebrows so the girl would miss them wiggling at her. " I had to show off."

Studying her, he smirked slowly and leaned forward onto his knees, the breeze from the sea picking up the end tails of the blue bandana and whipping them into Dacias face. Taeo noticed but left it. There was something about the emotions these meat-packages expressed! He loved them. Ebo said it was because he was a creature of different make-up. He just figured it was because he was half Ice Block.

" So. Do you always do such a sloppy job stealing or was that a special case, Apple?" Taeo smiled, trying to irritate her. Picking at her soft spot. If she was a thief, or something of the sort, of course being poked there would get a good reaction.

Anonymous

Dacia shook her head as she listened to him, not understanding why he felt the need for such sarcasm. "Well, Taeo, food is still food and you wasted something perfectly good," she pointed out before finishing off the rest of the apple in her hand. She tilted her head back a bit as the breeze picked up, enjoying it, but then fabric was suddenly flapping in her face. She roughly slapped a hand at the ends of his bandana and frowned as she turned to glare at him. What is with this guy?! Huffing in open disdain, she pulled her legs up and tucked them in closer to her body as she simultaneously scooted herself and her pack farther away from him.

After that it seemed somewhat peaceful, if awkward. Then he started poking fun at her, or at least what she thought was so, and it got on her nerves to be called sloppy in her thievery. He'd called her Apple on top of that, an additional offense. What she wouldn't give to pull out her knife right now! It would be too awkward, though, what with it inside her pack and him still too near for her to get it in any manner of stealth. "Look, my name isn't Apple, it's Dacia. Don't call me Apple again. And anyway, it wasn't sloppy, okay? How was I supposed to know some sort of...ice man was wandering around up here?" she asked defensively, resting her chin on top of her knees.

Dacia closed her eyes for a moment, wondering why they were even having this conversation, in such an odd place too. "Do you get your fun out of messing with people or something? I know I wasn't sloppy."