Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Splitting Ends (Open)

Started by zozee9, November 12, 2013, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Vivi wandered around the town of Arca, trying to decide how to spend her day. It had been over a week since Diarmaid had left and she was already missing him. Especially since this was the day that they usually went out for dinner. But with the day off of work, she wanted to do something—even if it was alone.

She was adorned in a slim, purple silk dress and two nice earrings. Her dress—and her beauty in general—got her a few looks, but most people knew who she was and didn't question the fact that she was dressed so nicely on a normal day. After all, her business was in silk.

With a sigh, Vivi glanced up at the darkening sky and wondered what one could even do in the town. She wanted to travel... maybe even life somewhere else for the summer. But of course Diarmaid got to leave while she had to stay. She had never found Arca so boring.

Turning around to head back to work, Vivi finally started walking again. But as she neared her own shop, another one caught her eye. It was a bakery—one that she had seen before but never bothered to enter. Until now. Figuring that she had nothing better to do, Vivi walked right in.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Klezmer Gryphon

The morning for Livairi had been a bit slow, to say the least. Most days there would be two or three  maybe four customers every hour or so perusing the bakery or asking about special orders. Today, however, there had only been three customers the entire day... THREE. It was certainly a slow day.

With a sigh, the cervine baker leaned her elbow on the counter, and thought about her options. She could have baked some cupcakes or maybe a cake, but Livairi didn't want to indulge in her own craft on her own. As she thought about the boring day ahead, she was quickly brought out of her thoughts by the sound of the door opening.

"Oh, hi there. Can I get you anything?" She asked from the counter, her mood changing the instant she saw the lady walk in. Perhaps the day wouldn't be so boring after all...

zozee9

"Hello!" Vivi replied with a heartwarming smile. If nothing else, the service seemed to be good! A deer baker was something that she hadn't seen before... apparently she had to get out more. She didn't even recognize the girl—and surely she wouldn't forget someone as unique as her.

"What do you have? I'm afraid I've never been here before," Vivi explained before pausing. "Actually, you know what, surprise me. Do something you've never done before... if you take orders on the spot, that is. I have no plans for the rest of the day so I would love to converse while you bake me something. I'll pay you, of course."

Vivi decided to take a seat while waiting for the girl to respond.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Klezmer Gryphon

Livairi now had mixed thoughts about the lady who just walked in. On one hand, she was nice, and probably meant well, but, on the other, she seemed like a total snob! Even so, a nice chat while baking something couldn't hurt too much.

"Well, ok. I'll see what I can fix for you. However, I haven't had much business today, so it will be a moment before I can start, so I hope you don't mind the wait." She said as she tied her flour-covered apron around herself, looking over her shoulder back to her customer in the chair.

zozee9

Vivi frowned in response to the doe's comment. "Oh no, I'm sorry!" She hated slow business days. "I don't mind the wait at all, but if you'd rather me order something that is already ready, I would love that too! I don't mean to impose..." Her voice wandered off and she stood up, walking over to the girl. She didn't like sitting while talking to someone who was standing.

Holding out her hand, Vivi finally introduced herself. "I'm Vivi, by the way! May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"

Klezmer Gryphon

"No, no, it's fine. I love making things on the spot, actually." Livairi said, noticing her customer's frown. Because the day was slow, it meant she could spend a bit more time chatting and baking. As soon as she noticed the lady's hand, she returned the courtesy.

"I'm Livairi. Pleasure to meet you," she replied.

zozee9

"Ah, good," Vivi replied with a sigh. "I find myself to be a little socially awkward in certain situations, and this seems to be one of them. I suppose part of it may be that my mind keeps wandering. So I apologize... normally I am a much better speaker than I am now." And it was true. Vivi was usually quite the charismatic girl. But for now, she would have to make do with what she had.

"How long as this shop been open? It looks very cozy... I love cozy little café type places." She smiled warmheartedly and couldn't help but wonder why the shop was so empty. It wasn't like the streets outside were bare, and, as she had just stated, the design was quite nice. Even the costumer service seemed good! So either the food was bad, or it was just an off day.

Wicked Basket

Lucian had no idea how long he had been walking because he had no idea as to how time was measured. He seemed out of place everywhere he went. He looked very similar to other people, but he was much taller and darker skinned than everyone he had seen so far. Lucian had come across a small town called Arca, well that's what the sign said anyway. The sky had grown dark during his travels, but he wasn't sure why until something small, cold, and wet landed on his shoulder. Whatever it was had soaked into his shirt and left a spot. Soon another one landed on his head. Then, a deluge of the small things started falling. Lucian held out his hand and let a small puddle of the clear liquid collect in his palm. What a strange substance. After awhile Lucian was wet and shivering. He needed to take shelter somewhere. The closest thing was a small building, a bakery. Although he did not know it was a bakery or what a bakery was. He walked to the building and stepped inside to escape the cascading mystery liquid. As soon as he stepped inside he noticed a small woman. Well, eveyone seem small when you were seven feet tall. Lucian felt as though he owed this woman some sort of explanation for his presence, but instead remained silent and looked outside.

Aeytrious

Despite the silent turmoil amongst the Soot Wolves, the cogs of the machine didn't stop turning. When the big dark man entered the large sprawling city known as Arca, Capital of Kia's Court, the Wolves picked him out as interesting. He passed through the wall without incident, wandering seemingly aimlessly. He spoke to none of the folks he passed, and though he stood out for his tall stature, it was not rare to see exotic beings here. There were even a few Ravagers about, and they got more looks than this giant of a man. A Shadow Wolf was assigned to tail the man, and glean whatever information she could. As she followed, the sky grew dark with rain clouds, and eventually a downpour began. The large man seemed confused, but his face was hard to read. Soon the large man turned into a bakery, the one that Alko regularly ordered custard filled pastries from. It was run by Livairi de l'Aruli. She was apparently very talented. As she watched the man walk into the bakery, the Shadow noticed a Scavenger Wolf she recognized standing under an overhang nearby, and went to see what he was up to.

"Hey Terick," she whispered quietly to her fellow Wolf, "what are you up to?"

"Hi Malin," Terick replied without taking his eyes from the bakery, "my intended mark went in there."

"Is that right," Malin peered through the rain to see the woman in the silk dress standing near the counter, "who are you on today."

"It's Vivian Piara," the Scavenger informed her, "she practically gives all her money away, so I thought I might just volunteer for a five finger charity."

Malin chuckled at his comment, which was especially funny, since Terick was missing a finger. The two Soot Wolves stood together beneath the overhang, watching the bakery, chatting about the trouble in the Blood Wolves. Nothing in Arca escaped the eyes of the Soot Wolves.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey