Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I am the terror that flaps in the night! [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, May 31, 2013, 04:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

The mans magic was not working. Shit. Not good. His original tactic was fucked, but his armour still felt light. The voice enchantment was still active. He wouldn't be able to activate his boots if someone was blocking the magic.

Conventional weaponry it was then.

"Look, I can see that you don't like my presence, but this girl is challenging me, insulting me. I will not stand and receive this. I have a right to defend my corner. So please, with all due respect, may you let her choose whether she is a coward, like she claims I am, or whether she will stand and fight." Torak was nurturing a hidden smile at the man, who didn't appear armed, and who's blood magic just fell into a deep dark hole. If necessary he would fight this Jarrett man too.

"And, as I saw it earlier, you were eager to leave these two girls, so why not carry on about your business, I have no quarrel with her. And her blasted emotion-" He stopped mid sentence. Perhaps she was a very powerful mordecai of some kind. Or some anti-sin angel or some silly thing like that. Torak came to the conclusion that she was blocking the magic.

"You're blocking the magic, aren't you? I could sense your damn magic when I first interacted with you, and now you are using something to block our magic!" Torak was very, very angry now. Torak had been stopped when the man was about to cast magic on his enchanted armour. He direly wanted to show the immunity to magic offense off.

Aeytrious

Rufus smirked to himself at the big mans outburst. Apparently he used magic too, and from what he was saying, so did the other little mouse of a woman. Wrapped up in her cloak with that bow across her back, she probably wouldn't fare well if the big man decided she was his target. But Rufus didn't care about her. He was only here for Owl. It was an odd experience to feel protective of a potential adversary. He knew that with time and experience even the smallest animal could grow into a fearsome predator, as he had. He wanted to witness her ascension to greater heights, he would nurture her as best he could from the shadows.

This was dragging on a bit more than he expected though. By now he thought there would be fighting or fleeing. He didn't have all night. There was a ball the next evening, and he needed to be rested, if he was to attend as Ryk Handelaar, wealthy merchant. He may have to intervene soon, draw things to a close and be sure his little bird made it home safely. He still didn't know who she was. The tail assigned to her the previous night had turned up dead, and by the looks of it, poison was to blame. Her eyes had burned into his mind, and he could still feel the softness of her lips as he had crushed his against them. And she sure had smelled lovely, an expensive soap he was sure he recognized. He shook his head to clear it, 'Stop distracting yourself,' he thought. A woman hadn't had an effect on him like since his younger days in Zantaric. Was he growing soft? No. He simply had an interesting pet project. That was it. Surely.

A thought occurred to him and using an assassin hand language he had made sure all his wolves were learning, he called a Shadow Wolf to him. He signaled that he wanted a few more men with crossbows on the surrounding roof tops, and at least two with saps in each nearby alley. He didn't want the two newcomers escape without interrogation. Then he sent someone off to the tavern to learn all they could of the two new comers. He wanted to be prepared. It was best to always know who you were dealing with.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"If you're not a coward, why don't you remove your armor?" Owl said, and smiled a smile far more confident than what she felt. This was not a small fry and she knew it, and she knew it was a little silly to expect fairness, but he seemed the proud sort, so maybe it would bother him enough.

Either way, it looked like she was committed, and at this point she wouldn't feel good knowing he was wandering around, not after the senseless murdering, and not after he'd tried to kill the other girl for no reason at all.

"As you can see, I've got none. So if you want a fight, take it like a man! Unless you're too scared, of course." Her smile widened and she tossed her cape back. "I'll even let you keep the mask."

Her arm was going to be a problem, she realized. But one couldn't always decide to be in perfect health when they needed to act, now could they?
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Jarrett frowned again through his cigar, but said nothing, simply letting the bloodied broken crossbow bolt drop to the ground. He chewed on the end of the cigar, mulling something over, not really paying much attention to anyone around him, before shoving his hands back into his pockets and walking straight back into the bar. He needed a drink.

But he wasn't gone that long, before returning..
though with a friend, and a bit more whisky on his breath than before. For Jessi Morrison was slung over his shoulder, and it appeared as if Jarrett were walking the dead drunk home. But instead of heading off in a more predictable direction, which would be away from the fight that was brewing in the alleyway, he walked straight back towards the group.

Shuffling the weight of the dead corpse's arm that was slung over his shoulder, he paused before the group and handed a bottle of whisky to Owl.
"Here, hold this."
Then didn't bother looking at Torak and moved to hand him Jessi's corpse.
"Here, hold this." Though if neither obliged, he'd simply let the objects drop to the ground, corpse included.

"Stay here. I have to tell the guards there's a dead body. I think I saw a group of them down the way." And he nonchalantly was making his way down the corner, hands in his pockets, the assassin not having a care in the world...

and if the other's would observe, there were, in fact, a few guards at the end of the road. (This was a seedy side of town to begin with, so they knew where to patrol) The guards were large and menacing looking, with sharp spears at the ready, swords at their sides. And for now, they hadn't noticed Jarrett approaching, still puffing away at his cigar.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

In a bout of confusion, Torak looked at the body blankly. What was Jarrett up to? Surely he wasn't...

The bastard was as well. Heading straight for the guards.

"I think your friend might be inciting violence against us. Convincing the guards we killed this man..." Torak dropped the body on the floor, put a knife of his own in it, then left. Instead of leaving via conventional walking, he climbed the building with ease.

Until he reached the top. And saw all the wolves. "Shiiiiitt....."

visualspice

Jarrett paused in mid-stride the moment he heard the assassin run away, and grinned against his cigar. Though he hadn't heard his claim about the wolves upon the roof top, Jarrett halted in his strides to lean casually against a building and just remained there, enjoying his cigar in piece. The guards hadn't noticed him yet, as he purposely kept to the shadows, eyes upon them, ears upon the girls. He just hoped the women were smart enough to take this time to find their escape. He could deal with Jessi later.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Torak was quick to book it, and Owl stared first at the body, then at Jarrett's back, whiskey bottle in hand and horror creeping up her spine. He wasn't. "Jarrett! What do you think you're doing?!" she shouted at him.

And that was when she actually looked past him and noticed the guards.

Who hadn't noticed either of them until she'd shouted.

They turned toward the sound then, facing them: Owl with her sword out and a prone figure at her feet, Faelwyn all cloaked and mysterious, Torak making his way up a building, and Jarrett puffing at his cigar. Owl went stiff.

Shiiiiit, indeed.

The guards shouted something she couldn't hear, and Owl quickly sheathed her sword, turned, and ran, nudging Faelwyn as she went.  "Go!"

She didn't wait for her, though, as she tore off down the street, still clutching the whiskey.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Never one to waste an opportunity, Rufus signaled his wolves to take Torak, alive of course, and with twelve crossbows aimed at him it was unlikely he'd be going far. Just as they were carrying out his orders however, Owl shouted at Jarrett. Bloody hell, the night was a time of silence, that was an early lesson for a predator. The guards would be here quickly, and he wasn't ready to strain the so far symbiotic relationship he had with the law enforcement of the city. He signaled two men to grab the cloaked woman in the street, he had questions for her. Another two were sent to grab Jessi, no reason to be wasteful after all. Jarrett could fend for himself.

Three wolves falling in line as he went, Rufus himself quickly took off across the rooftops to shadow Owl. He was not going to let her out of his sight. Last nights tail died, but he would not. With him moving away from the magic users, they would all find they could use their abilities once again, if they thought to try, but that didn't matter to him much. He left three magic users of his own behind to head off the guards if it was needed. Owl was his priority now.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

visualspice

"Hey, who's over there?" Called one of the guards.
Well, shit. Looks like his bluff was coming to fruition, and before he had a chance to tell Owl to lay low, he could handle it...
She was booking it off down the alley.

"Hey you! Get back here!" the guard shouted.
Jarrett frowned again, his cigar almost falling out of his mouth. But he grit his teeth into it and spun around, dashing after the midnight caped crusader. Though his long legs carried him quickly past her, and when a few soot wolves appeared out of no where to grab Jessi's corpse, Jarrett smashed a hand against their face and pushed them away.

"Sorry, I need him." And with a grunt, he scooped up Jessi into his arms, turning around just in time for the guards to catch up to him, but before they had a chance to shout any more commands, Jarrett hurled the dead corpse at the pair of guards, sending them both to the ground with the corpse on top, one of it's armed bent up awkwardly and crooked.
"What the hell?" one of the guards stammered when he realized.. "Hey, this man is dead! After them!"

Jarrett took in a quick drag from his cigar before biting down into it and turned tail to run, since by now he could hear the foot steps of other approaching guards, and the ones he had down were already scrambling to get to his feet. At least it bought them sometime to make an escape. Though as he ran, he noticed the wolves running against the shadow, as a few puffs of smoke trailed out through his nose as he ran.

Brisinger987

With the amount crossbows in his face, Torak wasn't resisting. There were so many wolves. So, he marched, walking with them. It was rather weird, feeling like you were under arrest. Not fun. Just weird. And the crossbows were a good model. Quick reload, nice accuracy and firepower. He had used one before. And they were lethal, especially on armour at close range. Their metal bolts could punch through armour like Torak's. So he didn't dare fight.

They walked for a bit, and he hadn't notice his armour get lighter. Until he tripped and fell. Loose rope came off and he felt his armour get light. He turned to face the wolves, who had his sword and weapons. He could teleport. His voice enchantment was on, he could hear it in his groans of pain.

"Time to die, wolf scum." And in a flash he was gone. Taking his sword from one wolf, and killing him. Before they could react he had teleported again, killing one and stealing the crossbow, shooting his ally. Then he teleported again. Stabbing two foes, and shooting yet another. Six down, four to go, he thought, as he teleported and killed two more, throwing a knife into a third, and shooting the last one with their own crossbow.

Tiring, but effective. With that, he rounded up his weapons, and left to find an inn. He had been on a big enough adventure tonight.

---------------

OOC: Torak is gone now. Say buhbye.

Rhindeer

Owl heard a commotion behind her, but didn't stop to look back, and certainly didn't stop to wait for Jarrett, the massive traitor, because in addition to there being guards back there, there were also apparently Wolves. Balls!

She needed to get out of here fast, and she'd just have to suck up her injury for now and make the best of it. Again.

Unaware of her pursuer on the roofs above and focused only on ones at ground level, she cut through an alley and attempted to call the illusion of smoke, to create an opaque screen between the guards and her so they wouldn't know whether she went left or right when she reached the end. Usually, it worked.

So when it didn't, she cursed aloud and went right, for no other reason than because it was darker. There was no time to figure out the whys; she had to keep going. Sticking close to the wall, and keeping her dark cape tight around her, she kept moving, and like the night before did not choose a direct path home. It took longer that way, but when she could no longer hear the sounds of guards, she headed home, through the hidden gap in the wall, and climbed back into her room.

[ooc: if I did too much here, let me know and I'll edit! xD Seemed like that party got broken up by the popo and all the kids are fleeing home. ;D Also, should we keep the ball in this thread, or do it in a fresh one?]

Aeytrious

There was a bit of commotion back there, but he had a target and he planned on keeping up with her. That wasn't very hard at all. She needed more practice at the art of evasion. She was fast though, and she eventually left the guards far behind her. She wound through the streets, taking a very odd route that seemed to lead to nowhere. When she turned toward the wealthier district his interest was peaked. They passed the estate of Ryk Handelaar, wealthy merchant, his other persona, as they followed Owl through the streets. The heart of the Wolves Den was under their feet as they ran along, and he could see newly chalked marks on some of the walls denoting caches, dead drops, and temporary escape routes. Where was she leading them. Then they came to the Beirne Estate. Owl slipped through a hidden gap in the wall, and climbed up to a room. A room he had looked out from when he was given a tour of the entire estate a few years before. The young Einin Beirne, only thirteen then, was not impressed with his pomp and swagger, but she had shown interest in the blades he carried. A peculiar girl, her parents didn't seem to know what to do to control her adventurous side. He knew he had recognized those eyes, they were the wrong color though. The girl must have a bit of magic to her then. It seemed that that adventurous side of her had grown in the years since that first meeting. He had seen her at many balls since then, though she never really seemed up to participating in them. She was a lovely young creature now. Her apparent disinterest in the wealth and flagrant debauchery of those in her social range spared her from his womanizing ways, but he had stolen a few glances at that peachy skin, and those kissable lips. Now he knew her secret. It was time he turned in. He had two meetings and a ball to prepare for. Chances were he'd see her there.

The armored man took a spill, and in the next moment he was flshing all over the place slicing wolves to ribbons. There was not much chance of pursuit, but the senior Night Wolf sent a man to try and keep up. Luckily everyone carried potions tonight at orders from Rufus, and they even had a healer nearby. Losing that many wolves to one man would have been dreadful. There was no helping three of the wolves, so they were stripped as all weak fools were.

In the commotion below, after the initial blunders, the guards had ignored the corpse and the small cloaked woman to chase after Owl and Jarrett. Good luck for the wolves, but not for Faelwyn. Wolves grabbed the corpse and the woman and melted into the shadows of the closest alley. After stripping Jessi of everything of value, his body was tossed back into the street. The knife Torak had left in him was kept aside. Perhaps it could be used to track him, or divine some information about the big man. But what to do with the woman?

( OOC: I'm thinking another thread. That way things that are happening here, now can still be wrapped up. Spirit has Faelwyns reaction to happen. Jarrett is running off but hasn't drawn a curtain yet. Only Torak, Owl, and Rufus are gone from the scene. I may have to respond to responses with actions taken by NPC wolves. But these things won't impact the ball really. I can't wait to see Jarrett there. Only Rfus/Ryk will know the identities of the other two. :P )
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Brisinger987

((OOC: I would love to do another thread with these characters! Perhaps resolve the conflict between Rufus and Torak?))

Bringer of Fenrir

((ooc would i be able to join into that thread sounds like tonns of fun :P))

Aeytrious

This thread has concluded and split into several further encounters. Rufus, Owl, and Jarrett got into some trouble here. Torak and Rufus can be found in the Soot Wolves guild threads.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey