Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You're not from around these parts, are you? (DaGlobster)

Started by Tak, January 07, 2014, 06:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tak

Baihua was watching his newly-built temple from afar, in the clouds above. Then he slowly wisked down, invisible. He went down and was happy to see people praying for good fate and no-nightmares. They shall get what they requested...

Every day people would line up at his shrine and pray, hoping for an answer. He  normally answers back, acting as a Fortune Teller and giving advice. Today seemed no different... but Baihua knew this not the case. Being the God of Fate let's you do that.

DaGlobster

Au'Nvratyis walked into the beautiful new temple. He had never been to this city, called Arca by its inhabitants, but he had been wandering in the area and decided to pay it a visit. He quietly entered the line, his oddly shaped leather boots plodding heavily against the floors. Sure, the temple was beautiful, but it was not like Kath. The death of his people hung heavily in his mind, and he was plagued by recurring nightmares. Nightmares a Ky shouldn't be having.

When he came up to the shrine, he stood there in front of it for a few brief moments. The Kathractians were never a people of deities, but it seemed on this planet  the gods actually had a presence. He kneeled in front of the shrine, removing his hat to reveal the bony crests that adorned his bald, white head, and his glasses, which concealed his black, almond shaped eyes. He felt a pang of royalty kicking him in the ribs for kneeling to something, but he was no longer a king.

He bent over, planting his crests and palms on the ground, as his hidden pair of arms crossed under his coat, the hands balling into fists. "Kio'Gr'Sh, Dailek'Rei Miz'Ky" He uttered in his language, a phrase that meant "God of Dreams, relieve this suffering king."

Tak

A Harmonic roar echoed throughout the temple, but only the Alien could hear it. A bright light floated above the shrine that looked like a Lion, but again, only the Alien could hear. ((I like how Ky (king) sounds like Kio (god) ))

"Rei'Ky Rik'Yu Rei'Ky Gum'Yu Rei'Ky'Do" roared an echoing holy voice from inside his own head, as no-one else heard. What he said meant 'A King is not a King without a Kingdom'. He was the god of fate. He needs to know these things. "Gum'to 'Rei'Ky Yiuhi?" continued, which meant "What does this King need?"

((Words used!
Rei = This/a/an
Ky = King
Rik = Is
Yu = Not
Gum = With
Do = -Dom, ruling body, government.))

DaGlobster

Au'Nvratyis looked up at the glowing lion, responding to the voice that he knew came from within his own mind, yet from an intelligence not his own. It felt sweet to hear the tongue of his people, and he didn't question how this creature knew it. Was that not the power of gods?

"Rei'Ky Rik To'Brish Dra Juh'Ky'Do Bei Griz. Rah'Duul Rah Ka Griz'Haal, Keh'Ky'Do Yith He said in reply, and rested his hands on his knees. The sentence meant "this king is bound to his kingdom by blood. As long as I bleed, my kingdom lives". He continued to look at the lion, nothing but weariness in his eyes.

(New words:
To'Brish=bound
Dra=to
Juh=his
Bei=by
Griz=blood
Rah=as
Kuul=long
Ka=I
Griz'Haal=bleed
Keh=my
Yith=live/lives

Tak

Baihua looked down again at the Alien. Eye to eye.

"Gihln'guz Rei'Ky Jik, To'brish-Griz?" roared the Lion, but somehow the roars where understandable. It meant 'What does the King want, Bound-blood?'  and was a focal part of the ceremony. What does he want to see? Does he want the visions to stop? what does the last of his kind want from a Dream God?

(New Ones!
Gihln = What
Guz= Does
Jik = Want)

DaGlobster

Au'Nvratyis looked up at the lion. He considered actually not asking for relief from his nightmares, that it was his burden to bear for failing his people, but he could not bear it any longer. He was weak, a shell of his former personality. "Ka...Ka'Gihln Rei'Vhal" he slowly managed to utter, the sheer emotion of the moment nearly driving him to tears. The sentence meant "I...I want an answer". He awaited the lion's response, returning his gaze to the stone he was kneeling on. "Rok'Ra Grux'O Keh'Ky'Do Nu'Herek'Aal?" He asked, "Was the death of my kingdom unavoidable?"

New words:
Vhal: Answer
Rok:Was
Ra: The
Grux: Death
'O: Of
Nu: Un-
Herek: Avoid
Aal -Able

Tak

Baihua looked into his eyes with his own now-compassion filled eyes.
"Mguae'Rik Herek'aal... Vi'Dra  Badai Grux'Haal Dra Miz'Haal, Tyu'Ojon Badai'Dra Nagati'Dra Miz'Haal." was roared, which meant All is avoidable... However to have defeated (Make Dead) the Enemy (makes-Suffer), you may have to had become the enemy.

Then he started to speak normal (our english). "Everything is at price, Ky."

New words= Some of them I was going to use but didn't, add them anyway.
Mguae= All/Everything
Vi= but/however
Tyu= You
Ojon= may
Badai= Have
Nagati= Become

DaGlobster

(Too lazy to add new words at the moment)

Au'Nvratyis returned his gaze to the lion. He was wordless for a few moments, and he stood up and turned around, a single silver tear. "I suppose that much is true." He said, looking about at the congregated followers. The concept of religion was one that was as alien to him as he was to this world. The Kathractians saw no reason to spend one's time bending a knee to a spiritual liege when they could be following the commands of an actual king. He supposed it was different on this world, that perhaps the gods were tangible beings, much like the one he was speaking to now. "Now, I must live with the burden, knowing that I, the greatest of my poeple, failed them all." He said in a somber tone. "Thank you, god of dreams." He added, and started for the door.

Tak

"It was worth it though... You did not fail anyone except yourself. Ky... you but are at the first few steps on a mile-long journey. Be prepared... Farewell."

If he went to open the door, it would open itself. Baihua disappeared and all returned to normal. The puny foolish mortal way.

((Sorry, can't think of anything else.))