Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I am the sourball in the candy jar of goodness! [Open!]

Started by Rhindeer, June 15, 2013, 07:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Einin's mouth dropped open. "Oh no. Oh noooo," she said, under her breath, as she caught sight of Jarrett, and Ryk's words only cemented her horror.

His "death" had been an easy out, but now that he was alive, when he was supposed to be "dead"? And why? Why would he do that?! Granted, he didn't know that was the plan, did he? But that didn't matter because it sure put a kink in hers!

Fortunately, her slack-jawed horror was interpreted as trauma, and her mother cried and squeezed her tight, not minding how she must have smelled as she tugged her free of Ryk's arms. Woodenly, Owl hugged her back, though soon she was hugging her in earnest, clinging to her in relief, as everything came crashing down on her. Until this point, everything that had happened had felt surreal, but...a man had died, and she could have, too, and she was honestly glad to see her again, to be out of those sewers.

"I'm okay," she finally said, and had to pull back to breathe, her mother was squeezing her so tightly. "Really, I'm fine! Master Ryk, he, uh...he saved us."

Then her father was there, hugging her, too, before turning to Ryk. Einin's mother left her then, but only so she could usher Jarrett over, to see that his fiancee was well.

"I don't know how we can repay you for what you've done," her father told Ryk, relief in every line of his face. "I've never seen anything quite like what you did back there, and...just, if there's anything, name it. Please. At the very least, you deserve a stiff drink on me."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Jarret, still feeling awkward, shifted uncomfortably before his gaze turned towards Ryk. And it was here he actually.. touched the man on the shoulder.
"Just let us know what payment can be done. We are all indebted to you."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Dear bloody gods, Jarrett was laying it on thick! Einin fought hard to keep from groaning and instead buried her face against her father's shoulder. She was grateful that Ryk had pulled them out of that mess, true, but just...why. Jarrett had the perfect out! They had the perfect way to get themselves out of this whole fake engagement mess! Why did he have to ruin that?

And then it got worse.

Her father glanced over at Jarrett then, giving him a measured look, as though weighing his worth. Then, with a sigh, he said, "My daughter must see something in you, to have put herself at risk like that. And I think I see what it is, judging by the way you so selflessly sacrificed your well-being and safety to try to rescue Lord Figleo."

Einin stiffened. Oh no. No no no. She did not like where this was going!

Her father drew a deep breath. "That is a strength of character that doesn't come to many. I think it's safe to say that you have my blessing."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Jarrett only blinked.
And stared and blinked.
Probably.. he was still staring and blinking some more as he peered at Einen's father. His lips twitched before he simply replied, "Ok."

Well... he supposed this lie was definitely weaving itself pretty far. It was like some ungraceful spider's web. Though Jarrett figured it didn't matter. He'd probably never see these people again- and as he turned around, he was slammed by a wall of wallows and screams.

"OH Figleo! Figleo Bakk!"

Jarrett made a face. Women. And he needed to dig some wax out of his ear, too- for they were ringing from their screams. Thank god he wasn't nobility. Their women were too faint of heart...
Except Einen... who he stole a glance towards when he was suddenly dragged off byt he weeping women who were all exclaiming in their griefs and proclaiming what minimal thanks they could. There was so many tears, he swore the air had become salty.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Inside, Einin was fuming.

Not only had this gone the worst way possible--her father approving this madness!--but he had interpreted her act of craziness as...as being madly, blindly in love with the bastard, and not as a demonstrated act of self-sufficiency! She wanted to scream. A man had died before her eyes, murdered in cold blood by the damned murderer, Ryk was the Red Wolf, these peoples' homes had been burned to the ground, and she had been able to do nothing about any of it because she was playing the good noble daughter and couldn't say a thing about any of it. And then the cherry on top? She finally tries to make a move, but Ryk and Jarrett, the true villains, get rewarded instead! For murder! Well, Jarrett's murder.

Gods. Maybe she should just fake a swoon just so she'd be dragged away from this hot mess, because she was reaching the limits of her acting capabilities.

But then, Jarrett was dragged away by the mourners, and Einin lifted her head and watched them go. Her mother laid her hand on her arm to get her attention and then lightly stroked her sooty hair. "Oh, dear heart, look at you. You have to be exhausted after all that. Why don't we get you home so you can bathe and rest? Your father can let Jarrett know so he doesn't worry."

Einin clenched her jaw, caught herself and relaxed her face again, and nodded. "That sounds lovely."

Aeytrious

Ryk was exceedingly amused by the entire event. He had done his best to save and salvage as much as possible, but it was simply a whim, not out of moral obligation like the heroes of children's tales'. The chaos continued, as tragedy was a spectator sport, and everyone had to get their eye full. The man he had handed his things arrived and returned them to him. Ryk thanked the man with a gold coin, and quickly donned his shed garments.

"A stiff drink sounds great about now," he replied to Einin's father. He reached into his coat and pulled out a silver flask. He unstoppered it and took a deep swig. Fantastic! Smooth and sweet honey mead, kept cold by the magic decanter. With barely any burn on the way down, a pleasant warmth quickly settled in his stomach. At first he thought to offer it Lord Beirne, but thought better of it, handing the flask to Einin instead.

"Under the circumstances I think you could use this," he turned then to her mother and smiled charmingly to catch her attention. "Your lovely daughter was very brave, and surely could use the rest. I think I can remove the necessity of a bath, though the hot water would probably do for easing tense muscles." He pulled out the trinket he had shown to the young Ava earlier, and gave Einin a little tap with it. The magic had her clean and pressed in a blink, though her dress fringe was still in tatters, and the pins holding her hair no longer in place. He used it on himself again, and was glad to see the shine in his boots return.

"There is nothing quite like feeling fresh and clean," he said with a smile.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Einin grabbed the offered flask and threw it back without bothering to ask what it was. Whatever it was, she needed it, because this night could not possibly get any worse--but a good drink could possibly make it a little easier to bear. The burn was near unnoticeable, and whatever it was, it was good. Smooth, sweet...she stoppered it before she could take another drink (she didn't trust herself under the circumstances not to keep going) and nodded at him in thanks.

"Oh, yes, I think she's had enough excitement to last us all the rest of the year!" Lady Beirne agreed.

Einin huffed inwardly.

When Ryk tapped her with the trinket, rendering her, and her clothes, instantly clean...that improved her mood just a little. Not feeling miserably filthy did wonders for one's mood! Sort of. She felt at her hair and face, examined her dress, and gave a half-hearted, crooked smile at Ryk. "Indeed there's not." The only thing that could have felt any better was to not be actually, accidentally engaged  to Jarrett the corpse-dancer.

Gods, she was going to murder him the moment there weren't so many people around!

But she forced a smile on her face and curtseyed to Ryk. "Thank you, Master Ryk. For all you did tonight. I wouldn't be here if not for you." There. Humility. Look at that, she could do it after all.

Aeytrious

Ryk gave Einin a genuine smile and a gentleman's bow. She was a lovely young woman. A bit young for him perhaps, but greater age difference was actually more common among nobles. Considering young Lady Beirne in that way brought thoughts of Lady Swinden to mind. A pang of loneliness and a desire to see her flickered across his face for a fraction of a moment. He smoothed over the moment as if the thought was never there, and offered Lord Beirne a nod and a shake of his hand.

"We'll have to meet for drinks soon Lord Beirne, a quiet evening without any fires or falling roofs."

"Master Handelaar," it was Lady Zaftig calling out to him. He couldn't help frowning. Now was not the time for this nonsense. "Master Handelaar, you're such a hero!" He grimaced openly at that.

"I only did what any good man should do in an emergency." he was not pleased that she was now clutching his arm, pressing her bosom, ample as it was, into him fiercely. "Please release me madam. There is much to see to. I must find if I can be of some use." Ryk shook himself free of the Lady Zaftig, and took his leave of the Beirne's with great charm. He bade them to see him once more before they departed, that they might plan a time to get together. Inserting himself into Einin's life in any way he could would be of great help in keeping an eye on the girl. Perhaps he could become her new sparring partner. She could use with some tutoring in sword play if she was to keep up her night activities. Even if she planned on being a self proclaimed hero, he did not like the idea of her getting gutted in his streets. He'd keep a Shadow on her until he was confident she could survive on her own. No need to tell her that though.

Now he needed to go about being the business man everyone expected him to be and look to the clearing and rebuilding of the manor house. The debts this noble family would owe him for refurnishing the structures could be worth a lot more than the actual furnishings. And if one of the Swinden contracts handled the lumber and construction, as he was sure they would, he might find an excuse to see Lanna. But while he put on his display, it would be of great use to watch Jarrett, and learn more about this man first hand.

This thread is complete and splits into two new ones (both private) if you'd like to read. Both Owl/Einin centered, Jarrett goes here, while Ryk/Rufus goes here. Enjoy!
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey