Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Red, Rude and Prude

Started by visualspice, September 02, 2014, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Beatrice panicked, but not one to simply run from an animal attacking, (after all, it's not like the first time she had to deal with an angry, chomping fish!) she wasted no time and using the parasol on her person and began to hit the shark back, but its bite was unforgiving on the scarf and with a frustrated yowl, she grabbed the shark from its tail and gave a yank. She would not be one upped by a fish!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

The parasol hit the shark a few times, though it refused to let go of the scarf. More pressingly, the parasol hit him more than it did the shark, and Red had to cower from the deadly weapon.

"OW! Watch it!" was all he could say before he felt a tub at the scarf cutting off his breathing. With one hefty yank, Beatrice elicited a gurgle from Red as he stumbled forward -- and promptly fell down a set of stairs to the deck below.

visualspice

She wasn't entirely sure how the series of events unfolded but Red wasn't the only one tumbling. And the fall hurt like nobodies business, though at least for Red, she acted as a cushion when he landed ontop of her, her hand still holding his red scarf, and the baby shark that, despite all odds, was still biting tight. And though their position on landing was scandalous at best, with her skirts hiked up high and her legs, exposed, the first thing she noticed was Red's red face, and with a gasp, her hands shot back and the shark went sailing, taking a bite of the red scarf with it as it hit the back wall, fell, and began to wriggle helplessly on the floor.

And seeing Red still being choked, she moved quickly to try to unbind the scarf but it was so tight against his neck she feared he might suffocate and die before she could get it undone. And so she reached down to her boot and produced a slick,, silver knife and commanded, "Hold still!" And the sharp blade cut the red scarf off in one fluid motion.
"Are you alright?" She asked, eyes full of concern.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Between the fall and her hard yank at the shark, it'd only served to tighten the scarf around his neck to the point where he was beginning to see stars. He didn't have the breath to respond as the fall had knocked the air out of his already choking lungs.

He didn't hear what she said, but felt the cold touch of steel against his neck, before a single cut severed the scarf from around his neck. He pushed himself up to his hands and knees, gasping and wheezing for air as the torn fabric fell from him -- exposing the nasty rope burn scar on his neck, left over from when he'd almost been hanged.

As he looked up through blurred vision to her concerned face, he struggled to find his words. It took a moment before he could croak out a few.

"It... was... just... a... fish!"

visualspice

How exasperating!

"It was not some fish! What if that young shark bit your face off!" she scolded, hands now to her hips. ANd upon seeing his scar, she visibly scrutinized it.

"Oh dear.. you seem to need more medicine for that burn."

Cambie

He stood back up, face redder than ever. "Not if I had gutted it! Then we'd be enjoying a nice meal of shark! It would've been delicious."

It was then when he realized his scarf was gone. With a self-conscious twitch he quickly reached up and lifted the collar of his shirt to try and hide the scar. He felt so naked without his neckwear.

"How about we find a replacement scarf first, then get medicine later?"
he asked her with an awkward smile, though inside he seethed. Gods, he didn't want to be nice to her but... who else could provide for him?

visualspice

Frowning, she picked up the torn fabric.
"If you'd like, I could mend this one."

Cambie

Red nodded quickly and emphatically. He did like that scarf.

"That'd be great, thanks sweetheart."

visualspice

"It's a bit worn too, but I can mend the other holes I see as well. It shouldn't take long," and she offered him a reassuring smile. She did feel guilty, after all. And after a moment, she found herself adding, "And I am sorry about the fish. I... am just not a fan of sharks." Even the little ones.

Cambie

"What?! They're delicious!"

He scrambled over to where the shark was still flopping around and managed to snatch it with his hands. Trotting back over, he held it up.

"I'll get your cook to fry it up and you can try it later. As payment for repairing my scarf."

visualspice

Beatrice jerked back, practically shielding herself with one raised arm.
"That... that's not what I meant! Cooked... cooked fish of any kind is fine! But what I do not care for is a living shark!" And the fear was evident and real as she continued to draw back IN FEAR.
"Living sharks have teeth!"

Cambie

Red turned the shark and peered down at it. It stopped flopping around for a moment -- then chomped at the air near his nose, little shark teeth clearly visible in the daylight.

"Well, I mean most things do, you just have to make sure they don't bite you."

Seeing her recoil, he had to suppress a laugh. "Okay okay, I'll gut it elsewhere," he said with a choked back snicker.

visualspice

Beatrice glared at his retreating form.
"And you would do well not to thrust your catch in other's faces!" She called after him, evidently still flustered as she tried to keep her cool. But it seemed too late for that.

Cambie

He called back to her from across the deck."Hey, in my defense I thought you'd be proud of me or somethin'! Kishahni don't fish. Everyone knows that!"

Of course that was entirely untrue and she probably knew it. He couldn't help but shoot her a mischievous grin anyway as he went back to gutting the little shark. His knife work was just a little rougher than usual.

That's for biting through my scarf! he thought.

visualspice

Beatrice rolled her eyes and simply let Red to his shark gutting. She moved to stand near the deck of the ship, and only peered over to the man when she could be discrete. He had a point. Kishani normally did not fish. Though when they did, it was normally with spears.

Cambie

For his part, Red was quick about his work, ridding the little shark of its many guts and abrasive skin, until he was left with two nice filets.

Slamming the knife down so that it embedded itself in the ship's wooden railing (and chipping some of the paint), he sauntered back over to Beatrice with the fish proudly held out in bloody hands.

"Where's that cook of yours? We're going to feast tonight!"

visualspice

Where she any other woman, perhaps she'd be repulsed. But being the shark was very much so dead, and the man did a rather nice job cutting up the thing, she stared at it with an appreciative, if not a little scrutinizing, look.

"I say, you do know you're way with a knife. And you can find him below deck. Though he is resting. Poor man, he had something of a headache. I told him to get below deck and rest. So perhaps I could go check on him to see if he's doing alright? In the meantime, you can take that meat to the kitchen."

And she gave him a grin and made her way towards the lower deck, feeling much more at ease that things seemed to be sailing much smoother now.

Cambie

Sure enough, the cook was plenty skilled at preparing delicacies from the river. It was enough for two separate courses: a light broth cooked with the shark's fins and bones, and the shark filets seared and served with a salsa of colorful fruits.

Red was seated at the table in the ship's gallery, ready to dig in, when the cook snatched away his cutlery and wagged a finger at him. Of course he couldn't start yet, not without the lady of the ship having first joined them!

"Awww, c'mon," the Kishahni complained to no avail, "I'm hungry now! She's probably trying on different hats or something ridiculous like that."

Of course, he was wearing the same set of clothing he had since the beginning. Even the other sailors were beginning to steer clear of him.

visualspice

His presumption s weren't entirely wrong, for when Beatrice arrived at the table, she was wearing a new hat.

Cambie

Red's stomach growled just as she arrived, and so he covered it up with a little wolf whistle.

"Nice hat, this one makes your hair really stand out," he said with a grin, not knowing if it actually did or not. That was something these rich adventurous types liked to hear, right?

As soon as she sat, he picked up his utensils and began drinking down his soup. "Your boat captain says that we're getting close to port, and from there it's an overland journey to the jungles, where the Wings await. Excited?"