Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Red, Rude and Prude

Started by visualspice, September 02, 2014, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Beatrice gave a look and touched her hat.
"Its meant to hide my hair, not accentuate." either way, she still gave a smile. "Yes, yes I am." And her eyes brightened at the idea. "I'm so excited that I'm embarassed to admit my stomach is bothfluttering and tieing into knots. I'm not sure I'll be able to eat much tonight."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

"You should try anyway," Red said between loud slurps of his soup. "You're gonna need to energy for the journey ahead. Lots of dense jungle, maybe a bit of tree climbing!"

Red's soup emptied pretty quickly, and he glanced to the open door that led out to the deck. The sun had dropped rapidly, leaving a pale purple dusk.

"Where did that cook of yours go? He's supposed to serve the main course now!" Footsteps came from outside, and Red's eyes lit up. "Ah, there he is!"

A figure appeared at the door, cloaked from head to toe despite the heat. Something sharp and metallic in his hand reflected the candlelight. It was decidedly not the cook.

"Opus Dey sends his regards."

visualspice

There was a hiss as Beatrice jumped to her feet. Soon the room was filling with smoke as she cried out, " Then send these regards back!" And her parasol was in hand as she attempted to give this intruder a good whack on the head.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Evidently the man wasn't expecting a prim and proper lady to wield an umbrella as a weapon.  He ended up having to duck the parasol, slashing wildly at nothing with his knife. From outside the dining room, shouts began to echo.

Red was having none of it. As soon as the man had appeared he had leaped to his feet.

"Tell Opus that Red said hello!"
he quickly called out as he snatched Beatrice's wrist and darted past the man and out of the room as it began filling with acrid black smoke. Out on the deck, there was at least some visibility -- enough to show that the entire ship was engulfed in flames. Evidently, the line of ships behind theirs were also starting to light up from the coordinated attack.

"Ugh, we might have to jump for it!" he wailed, peering down at the water. Something dark moved beneath the surface.

visualspice

It was a whirl wind of chaos if anything, as Beatrice stumbled along with Red.

"Don't you have some sort of a plan?" Beatrice quipped, heart thrumming as they neared the edge of the boat. "And surely you can't think we'd be able to swim out of this! There are crocodiles!"
And one came close enough into the gloom that the ridges on it's back were visible as they cut through the water.

"If that man is one of Opus's, shouldn't we try to capture him for information or anything?"
So asks the woman while her ship was on fire!

Cambie

Red gave her an incredulous stare before shrugging like only he could do. "I guess you could try.  Maybe you can ask him yourself if he'll surrender - here he comes!"

And sure enough, out of the smoke emerged the man.  His face was blackened by soot and he was coughing slightly, but that dagger still gleamed menacingly in his hand as he charged toward Beatrice!

visualspice

And as he did so, she froze-
but only briefly before she swung her parasol- and whacked the knife out of his hand-
Then whacked him clean across the jaw.

Cambie

It took Red a moment to pick his jaw off the floor, but he did it just in time to watch the would-be assassin tumble forward -- and overboard with a loud splash.

Rushing to the edge, Red watched as the man flailed around in the water for a moment before going under. With a wide catlike grin, he spun on Beatrice. "Y'know what, Miss Warner? I take back all the bad things I said about you!'

Just then, a flaming timber crashed down behind them, making the entire ship rock unsteadily. Behind them, one of the other ships has already capsized into the river, leaving dozens of men splashing around in the dark water and trying to get to shore.

"Hold on to that compliment you were just about to give me -- time to jump!"

visualspice

Beatrice made a face.
"The what I was about to give-?" And then another roar of fire had Beatrice jumping off her feet- and stumbling into Red...
and taking them both off their balance and sending them up and over the railing in a rather awkward and painful manner- with skirts ripping, limbs tangling before the inevitable splash and cold water and darkness surrounded them.

Cambie

The waters were almost pitch black, and the first thought on Red's mind was that he couldn't tell which way was up.  His second thought was that the water wasn't all that cold.  These arid climates had some benefit, after all.

Groping blindly and flailing about, his hand brushed up against something tattered.  Likely Beatrice's stupid skirts, he thought next.  And as he grabbed for a handful of them his palm fell upon what was unmistakably a woman's bare leg.

He opened his mouth to say something snarky but all he found was water rushing in.  With a bubbly cry, he grabbed onto the woman's form and kicked his way to the surface, breaking it with a loud gasp.

As he gasped to catch his breath, something scaly edged up against the side of his pant leg, and Red's eyes bulged out of his head.  "Shit! Crocs incoming! Swim for the shore!"

visualspice

It was a swimming fit to get untangled from him, but were she upset he had been touching her, she knew she had better things to worry about. But at the warning of the crocodile, Beatrice spung to see- and with a gasp, she saw the beast turn about, and jaw open while teeth glistened in the moon light.

Unwittingly, she screamed, and hesitated not to use her water logged parasol to throw into it's throat.

"Yes.. swim, Gods!"
Crocodiles might now be her new fear...

Cambie

Red put his head down and started swimming frantically toward shore. When he looked back he saw Beatrice a little behind him, and the crocodile gaining on them.

Good, he thought, maybe the crocodile would be distracted by the taste of noblewoman and allow him to escape.

He was just about to keep swimming when the ship erupted in a huge fireball behind them, sending little pieces of flaming wood everywhere.  The explosion also illuminated the crocodile, dark scaly skin and gleaming white teeth -- with a distinct red tint.

Red stopped with a gasp and lifted a hand to his throat.  His scarf had fallen off of him and somehow found its way into the crocodile's teeth!

And soon Beatrice would find Red past her toward the crocodile, a feral look on his face.  "Keep going, I'll be right behind," he called out between breaths.  No crocodile was going to take his scarf!

visualspice

Beatrice stopped suddenly, splashing about in place.
"What.. what on earth-" she squeaked. "Mister Vaa'tanen!"
She released a shrill sigh, her head spinning. "Are you insane?" She took a few paddles away from him- but damn it all! Could she just leave the damn pig headed man to die?

"MISTER VAA-TANEN- WATCH OUT!" For another crocodile was slithering up behind him!

Cambie

The crocodile was getting nearer, and Red grinned wickedly like a feral cat.  Just was he was about to jump at it -

He heard Beatrice's shout and spun in place, eyes gleaming widely in the firelight as the second crocodile lunged out of the water and at him. His yell was soon muffled out as beast and man plunged back beneath the darkness. The crocodile with Red's scarf also dove, and nothing was visible save for the churning waters that indicated desperate movement underwater.

visualspice

"OH GODS OF BAD FATE!" she exclaimed, and drew in the deepest of breaths before she too, dove underneath the dark waters like a mad woman. At first, she was groping blinding as she swam through the wild bubbles and scales of the beasts,b ut she was not without some self confidence in what she had planned, for her hat (which somehow remained strung across her head) was now plucked away as a hat pin was with drawn, and the first scaly creature she encountered she jabbed the damn thing into- and soon the waters went murky and red-
And the hurt crocodile bucked and moved ot the surface, rolling around as it's body began to burn all over from the poison that had been injected by Beatrice's own device. After all, who would consider a hat pin as such a weapon?

Cambie

As the crocodile broke the water's surface and thrashed wildly in pain before shuddering and going still, its mate also surfaced thrashing about -- mostly because it had a wild-haired man wrapped around its scaly body.  Red's golden eyes gleamed in the firelight and it almost looked like he was... grinning.

"Almost got it!" he shouted over to Beatrice before a wave of river water filled his mouth and reduced his speech to a gargle.  The crocodile went back under, and then surfaced again still with a man clinging to his back.  And this time, Red had a hold of his red scarf.

He spat a stream of water out and turned back to the lady. "Got it! Now do that thing you do, and kill this beast!"

visualspice

Beatrice was stunned at such a display (and dare she ever admit, impressed?), but when the man came after her with such a response, her squawk back had been, "I used my one and only hat pin on the other! What do you expect me to do now? Strangle that one with my clothes?"

Her voice had grown shrill as she looked around for any other crocodiles ready to feast, but it seemed Red was still attached to the only one that was a threat to them.

"Can't you just.. don't you have something in which to strike it?" she called after him, ears still ringing from the chaos.

Cambie

"Must I do everything?!" Red replied in exasperation as the crocodile continued to thrash.  Of course he didn't mention the fact that she'd basically done all the work up until that point.  Instead he held on to the crocodile's head for dear life -- while extracting the little fish knife at his waist.  With a wild howl he plunged the weapon into the beast's mottled hide.

The crocodile responded by dragging Red back under the water with its wild thrashes.  The Kishahni held on for as long as possible before finally releasing the beast and desperately kicking to the surface, sure that at any moment a set of jagged teeth would dig into his leg and pull him to the bottom.

By the Gods' fates, the crocodile didn't attack him and broke the surface of the water right on top of Beatrice with a loud gasp, red scarf clutched tightly to his chest.

visualspice

Beatrice half screamed half choked on the water at Red's sudden appearance and seeing the blood red scarf in his hand, she gave him a smack, though all it did was slap the water towards his face.

"I thought you were the crocodile!" And it was evident she was about to use the limp, lame remains of her hat in which to strike him with- had he been the beast. Though by the looks of it, the idea was still in the air, hand shaking as the hat was squeezed, shedding water.

Cambie

Red's gasping mouth immediately filled with the dirty water she sprayed at him.  Fuck, she was irritating!  With a clumsy fumble, he grabbed a hold of her gloved arm.

"Less talking, more swimming!" he said and proceeded to kick his legs underwater, practically dragging her toward the sandy shore even as dozens of shouts rang out behind them as more people leaped into the water to escape the sinking, flaming ships.