Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Red, Rude and Prude

Started by visualspice, September 02, 2014, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

And that's when Beatrice's head bumped into Red's behind.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

Red had barely stopped when he felt her thick cranium dig into his backside. With a yelp he leaped a yard forward and turned indignantly to her.

"You don't trust me, but you trust me enough to be ass-touchin' now, eh?"

visualspice

"Oh, don't flatter yourself. I'm looking for something." And she went about, digging in the grass.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Cambie

"What, you lost an earring?" Red replied with a smirk.  Still, he was curious.

"Seriously, if you lost an earring, don't worry about it.  We have bigger problems, like getting to the jungle."

visualspice

"Earrings are of no consequence. Besides, I wasn't wearing any when we were ceremoniously left without a boat." She was on her knees now, still dusting around. And then her hands felt over something rough. More groping lead to her finding an iron hook. Her eyes lit up.

"Help me remove the rest of the grass here." And as she was pulling some away, the moonlight exposed the possibility of a door. "This way will get us to the jungle." She told him, eyeing him for his response.

Cambie

His curiosity having bested him, Red found himself on hands and knees as he began ripping away at the tall thick grass. His red scarf, still slightly damp from the water, fell in the way and he indignantly threw it over his shoulder.

And as the reeds parted, he stared down.  A trap door? Out here?!

"Miss Warner," he said with an impressed grin and a low whistle, "you ARE full of surprises."

visualspice

Her grin grew more smug.
"Yes, let's just hope my tactics haven't become dated. When my father was alive we had connections to those who prefer to live beneath the river of reeds rather than within."
She gave a huff as she pulled the door, it giving way. She lifted it open, and a warm light from within welcomed them.

"Ladies first," she told him with a smirk, shimmying boots first down the now open hole. But she paused before she allowed herself to drop, craning her neck up at him. "Oh, and do be sure to close the lid tightly and trace your fingers over the mark there." She pointed to one such symbol of a green color. "It'll help keep this place well camouflaged from others."

Cambie

Red wanted to say that he wasn't surprised, but couldn't bring himself to do it.  After all, a hole had just opened up in the middle of a swamp.

Wide-eyed and head shaking, he too dropped down the brightly lit opening and landed with a soft thud beside Beatrice.  Following her directions without a word, he quickly traced his fingers over the glowing glyph, and above them the door sealed itself.

Only then did it all catch up with him.  "Wait, what the hell is this?"

Did he just jump into a magical hole without thinking?  What was his problem?

visualspice

She smirked.
"You can think of it as some sort of a hub.. You know, for quicker traveling."

Cambie

He smirk turned crooked as he followed her.  "You rich folk sure own a lot of strange things."

Not that it surprised him, after all he was the brother of Opus Dey, one of the richest and most powerful men he knew.  Also one of the biggest assholes, but that was a different matter.

visualspice

"If you consider knowledge something you own, then yes." she smirked back at him, and took her time strolling through this underworld labrynth. The walls here glistened with a faint shimmer all along the walls, which glittered even more purposefully in chiseled recesses in the walls.
"Knowledge is key in the world of men." And she paused at the end of the hall where the path parted, and the center piece looked to be constructed of a circular block, which she now stepped on.

"Secrets, however, are the key to the world of women. Come, stand by me," she gestured. "And give me your hand." And she extended it, palm open.

Cambie

He wrinkled a nose even as he took her hand.  "Guess I need to start playin' my secrets closer to the chest eh?  Otherwise I'll be the poor one between the two of us."

Red peered down at the block.  "Hey, should I be expecting anything here?  I know you're full of surprises, but this is one time I'd rather not be shocked."

visualspice

She rolled her eyes and took his hand firmly, and pulled him just a bit less than gentle towards her.
"Just close your eyes," she told him, not desiring to argue or even give too much 'away'.
"I trust you enough, but I'm sure you, of all people, understand why discretion is necessary."

Cambie

"You do what you gotta do to survive," he replied with an overly exaggerated nod before closing his eyes.  Or you just act really stuck up, said the voice in his head.  Well, that wasn't fair.  She HAD saved his life.

visualspice

Once certain his eyes were closed enough, she turned from him and moved her hands along the rocks. It took her longer than she'dve liked, but after a few moments of fondeling, Red would hear a click, then a few chattering gears as the wall rumbled.

Her hand went to his shoulder.
"Come on. The door only stays open for but a minute."
She only thanked the Gods she still remembered how to open that blasted door!
And when he'd finally open his eyes, right before him was the opening to a whole other room.

Cambie

Red opened his eyes, expecting to see the lush greenery of home before him.  Instead, there was just another room.

"Wait, it didn't work," he said with a raised brow even as he unconsciously stepped toward the opening.

visualspice

"That's because we're barely halfway there," she said with a sigh, but she was still smiling.
This room was peculiar, in that it incased an array of sculpted animals upon the walls, that of which held blossoms that opened and from that opening, magical light was cast and lead their way. It would then be clear this hall was very, very long.

Cambie

He peered at her with a skeptical look, which quickly vanished as he entered the hall of sculptures. 

"So do we go through one of these animals, or do we just walk to the end of the hall?" he asked as he reached out to touch an ornately carved jaguar, the thought not even crossing his mind of whether he should be keeping his hands to himself.  "Because we could've done walking above ground too, y'know."

visualspice

"Yes, but walking to the Kishan would take many moons."
She kept walking, not answering his first question, but there was definitely an air of amusement about her.

Cambie

Red was too busy admiring the animals to notice her confident gait.  He paused in front of one brightly lit puma.  "Hey look, this one's me."