Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

With Malice Toward None

Started by Magyar, March 20, 2017, 01:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

Lucian was seconds from passing out, both due to his intoxication and because of the minor concussion he'd just given himself. In his pain, his blind, lost pain, he tried to latch on to something mentally.

But he couldn't. It was like trying to find purchase among wet stone, and slipping over and over again. Falling farther each time. He began to panic, and pushed against his mental barrier much harder than he should have. Much, much harder.

His efforts rebounded, of sorts. In his mind, it seemed as though they ricocheted, bouncing off of his invisible wall and hitting him right back in the mind. In reality, he could only truly recognise his own mind. So he had tried to force his way into whatever he could find, and had tried to infiltrate his own consciousness as if it were an alien one. That could send someone into their own subconscious, effectively rendering them comatose until they found their way out.

But he was drunk, so when the searing pain started, he immediately stopped. But his actions had other consequences. The self-infiltration created a sort of feedback loop, a static projection of his pain and confusion that rolled out in white noise waves in the immediate area. Anyone within sixty feet or so would feel the rolling headache he was going through, in waves, punctuated with sharp stabbing pain behind the eyes.

After a minute, it stopped. Lucian moved his hands from his face, more confused as to what happened than as to its effects. His eyes hurt, but not in the stabbing way they had before. Though he couldn't see it, the immense physical pressure as a side effect of his feedback loop had burst the smaller blood vessel in his eyes, and everything around his irises was more or less bloodshot to hell.

He started to tear up involuntarily as his body tried to cope with his pain, and  latched onto Zira's arm with one hand, saying softly, "I'm sorry... I'm so, so, so sorry... I- I'm just - it's... I'm sorry, Zira..."

DragonSong

Pain jolted through her skull and zira cried out in shock, almost reeling back from him before she remembered how badly that might end. Gritting her teeth, and clenched her eyes shut until the pain faded, continuing to stroke her fingers thehoigh his hair in the best effort at soothing that she could manage.

When he grabbed her arm, she flicked her eyes up to meet his gaze and tried for a smile. "It's alright, boss," she murmured, patting his hand. "Really, I'm fine. It's okay."

She paused a moment, then tried to slip his arm around her shoulders. "Think you can stand? We should probably try to get you to bed..."

Magyar

Lucian responded by pushing himself into a sitting position, using Zira as a support, and managed to get on one knee.

"I dunno..." he told her, caution in his tone, "I'm... not so sure ab-" Lucian closed his eyes for a second seemingly in pain, before continuing, "about that. My balance isn't so good.... anymore." He was thinner than she, but also much taller. He weighed more as a consequence, but Lucian had never found Zira to be lacking in strength. He hoped she could support him if they got to walking anywhere.

"Maybe we should just-just go to the blankets over there?" He suggested, vaguely motioning to the dry pile of furs, blankets, and pillows he'd been using earlier. "I need to take off my pants anyway... Might as well have an alternative."

DragonSong

Despite herself, Zira found herself chuckling. "Alright, come on then," she murmured, pulling him to his feet and quickly tucking herself against his side to act as a crutch.

It was rather like the blind leading the blind. She wasn't nearly so far gone as Lucian, but she was fairly tipsy herself, and staggering over to the pile of blankets seemed to take more effort than it really should have. Laughing- though she wasn't sure why- she helped lower Lucian back to the ground and collapsed beside him.

"A-alright. Can you manage your breeches yourself, or y'need help with that too?"

Magyar

"I think, I can take my own pants off... thank you very much," he said defensively, fumbling at the strings tied around his waist. Never mind that he couldn't actually feel his fingers, he managed to loosen a knot, and slide the partially soaked leggings down to the knee, and kicked them off from there. It was a little pathetic, the flailing inadequacy of his attempts, but ultimately he got them off.

Underneath was a simple linen wrap, a little looser now than it had been earlier, but still functional in obscuring his junk. Lucian pulled a tiger-skin blanket over his shoulder and curled into his side, bloodshot eyes on Zira.

He extended a hand to her shoulder, seemingly prodding her skin at random. He was actually counting spots again, having not lost his infatuation with her epidermic patterns. He wasn't pressing too hard, but enough that she would definitely feel it. His mouth moved over silent words, numbers, as he counted. He'd finished her left shoulder, with twenty three, and slid closer. His hand shifted to her shoulder blade, and he began counting the spots on her back, a much longer task to be sure.

DragonSong

Zira started a bit when he began poking at her shoulders. She'd expected him to just go to sleep. Twisting to look at him, she arched an eyebrow. "What are you-?"

Her voice does when she saw his face, really looked at him. Gods, he looked like he'd lost a fight with a demon. Possibly several. She sighed and laid down beside him, scooting closer to share body heat- she'd wound up in nothing but her underthings after all.

"Let me look at you." She cupped his cheek in a palm, eyes searching his. She tsked; a few vessels popped, which wouldn't be fun to wake up to, but they shouldn't hurt too much as long as he was gentle with himself.

"Go to sleep, Lucy," she urges with a small smile, turning onto her side so her back was to him. A long scar that traveled from her right shoulder almost to her left hip stretched as she arched her back. The mark almost wove around her spots, as though someone had taken great pains with a thin blade to ensure the pattern wouldn't be disfigured by the scar itself.

Magyar

Lucian gave up his counting to lightly trace her scar with the pad of his thumb, from shoulder to hip. Actual concern entered his voice, perhaps sobering him a fraction, when he asked, "How did you get this?"

He left his thumb on the end of her scar, but the rest of his fingers took hold of her hip, where he left them. His other arm he slid under her, wrapping her in an embrace. She was still a little damp, but he couldn't feel very much anyway. The heat was what he registered, and he quite enjoyed it. The blanket they shared kept the heat it, and it was already warming up. Lucian poked a foot out of the fur, probing the cold floor with his toes.

DragonSong

She tensed, shoulders hunching forward. "It's um...from before. When I was in the coliseum." She shrugged. "I...didn't want to fight. There was this little girl, some northerner, I would have killed her if they made me fight. So I...didn't."

Another shrug. "My master thought I needed a lesson."

She tried to laugh it off. "Weird you've never seen it before."

Magyar

"You've never been naked enough before," he replied. A teasing grin lit up his face, "At least not with me..."

He continued dancing his fingers along the spots on her hip, hopping over the band that was wrapped around her hips and starting again at the edge of her midriff. The spots fell off where her underside would be as a cat, which he found highly intriguing. It was odd that the spots carried over, but the cream coloured underbelly did not.

His little dance slowed and he craned his neck up, looking for something, "Where'd I leave that wine?"

DragonSong

Zira shivered as his fingers continued their exploration, then chuckled quietly. "Well, you know me. Not enough clothes happening in this city for my tastes."

Her back arched slightly as his hand was suddenly brushing against the side of her stomach, a soft, feline chirp escaping her lips. She blushed heavily, hoping he wouldn't notice just how much she like the almost-belly-scratch.

"Wha- oh no. No." She laughed again and twisted to wrap her arms around him, mock pinning him against her. "No more wine for you, not tonight."

Magyar

"Really now?" He challenged, tipsy smile spread wide, "Because between the both of us - and I'm pale, mind you - you're the one who's all flushed."

He tried to gesture to her face, but she had him in a pretty clinched position, so he left one hand on her midriff and one supporting the both of them on the floor. He laughed suddenly, squinting his eyes at her, and said, "Your tear tracks darken when you blush. Cool. Cool, cool cool. Cool...."

He brought up the supporting hand, not taking into account what it was supporting, and dropped like a rock into the makeshift bed of furs. It was soft, but Zira's added weight was unexpected, and he was sandwiched between her and the ground.

DragonSong

Her blush darkened and Zira frowned and opened her mouth to snip a retort- but then they were flopping back into the ground and she went sprawling over his chest with an "Oomph!"

"Oh, shi- sorry." She tried to move off him while still making sure he couldn't go for the wine. "And I'm not blushing," she lied quickly. "You're just...drunk. Don't know what you're seeing."

Magyar

"I'm drunk, not... blind," he teased, stupid smile wide on his face, "You're totally blushing! Is it the spots? Because... you're self aware of your spots, and you... you don't really like them. Right? That's what it is?"

He slid his hand out from between the two of them and pushed off of the floor, partially taking her with him. He scanned for the wine, found his target, and tried to get to his feet with little success. His intozication and Zira more or less on his lap made it very hard to even get to a crouch.

DragonSong

"Oi!" Zira clung to him like a monkey, wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his shoulders. She hoped her weight would prevent him from getting up.

"I'm not self-conscious about them," she muttered as she tried to make him lay back down. "You've just...never said anything like that before, is all."

Magyar

Lucian tried fruitlessly to get up again, resulting in him resting on the palms of his hands. He drew his knees up, but they couldn't go very far with Zira in the way. Lucian stared wistfully after the bottle of wine, before sighing dejectedly and turning back to Zira, whose face was so close that his nose brushed her cheek and bumped into her's before he could process that she was in the way.

He could smell the alcohol on her breath, but he could also taste it on his own, so if anything it was a rather odd combination of secondhand booze fumes and the scent Zira either gave off naturally or wore consistently. Lucian wasn't sure, but he did find it hard to accept that someone naturally smelled like honey.

A few strands of his white-blonde hair fell across his eyes, but he ignored them. He was focused on Zira's golden eyes, the flecks of bronze and shades of nearly metallic colour captivating him. He said nothing for a second, simply staring, as if dumbfounded, at Zira.

"You've got pretty ey-" was all he managed to get out before he kissed her, the conflicting choice of either complimenting or kissing Zira colliding in a drunken decision. Odd. She kind of tasted like honey too.

DragonSong

Her heart skipped erratically up into her throat as his nose brushed her cheek and her breath grew shaky for a moment.

Yeah. She'd definitely had too much to drink.

Thankfully, they wouldn't be having any more, as her attempt to keep him in place seemed to have worked. She gave him a smug grin and was about to quip something about his inability to toss her off- but then he was staring into her eyes like that and her voice petered out.

Pretty...what? "Mmf!"

Zira's eyes went wide and she gasped sharply against Lucian's mouth. Her whole body went rigid, the hands at his shoulders tensing so her claws pricked at his skin.

She was caught between pulling away and- and pulling him closer, hanging suspended between the two impulses for several long moments. Then, slowly, she melted against him, tasting the wine they'd been drinking and something else that must have been just...Lucian.

"W-wait." She forced herself to break away from him, turning her head away and drawing in a few sharp breaths. "You- we've been drinking. This is..."

A very very bad idea.

But she hadn't let go of him.

Magyar

"This is fun..." he giggled, smiling like an idiot. Lucian wasn't the most cognitive at the moment, and he couldn't register much in the way of touch. He was effectively numb, except for the tips of his fingers, his inner legs, his face, and his chest. He could only partially feel Zira's heat, but where he did she was a furnace.

He kissed her again, albeit sloppily, and slid down back into the furs. He nipped at her upper lip and drew his hands to her lower back. Sweet honey, heat, and wine. He drew back, only to look her in the eye agin, and finished his previous thought, "I meant to say you had pretty eyes, but I couldn't, because I was kissing you...But now you know."

DragonSong

Had he just...giggle.

Dear gods.

Quite in spite of herself, Zira found herself starting to grin. "Look, I won't say it...wasn't fun, but-" He was kissing her again, and she really didn't want to fight it. The small part of her brain that was telling her what a bad idea this was grew gradually quieter while the part that pointed out that even drunk he was quite a good kisser took over.

"Mmm..." She blinked down at him, forearms braced to either side of his head. "Well. Thanks." Smiling a little giddily, she pecked the tip of his nose. "I like your eyes too. And your hair. Have I ever told you that?" She let her head drop to nuzzle against the crook of his neck, a rumbling purr vibrating through her whole body.

Magyar

"Ooh," he exclaimed, rather surprised, "That's a new sensation. How do you do that?"

His smile perked up the edges of his eyes, crinkling them in an odd way. He looked more lively when smiling than he ever had in a fight. It was very strange indeed. "And no, I don't think you've ever mentioned my hair. You said... said, once, that my eyes were very commanding... but that was a weird thing to say..."

He shut himself up with the task of nibbling on Zira's ear, working around the braids and digging his fingers gently into her back. He curled a leg inward, his thigh pressing up against her, and began to giggle again. He wasn't even laughing at anything, he just found what he was doing oddly humorous.

DragonSong

"Well, I like it. It's all...sunny." Zira chuckled. "Purr? How do I purr? Is that what you're asking?" For some reason that was highly amusing to her.

Less amusing was the pressure of his thigh against her and the tingly shivers that sped down her spine as he nibbled at her ear. Her pupils dilated slightly and she sucked in a sharp breath, forcing herself not to do something humiliating, like start riding his thigh.

Despite how the idea was becoming more and more appealing.

"Um, Lucy?" She swallowed. "Do you, um- what are you-?" Why couldn't she make words happen?!

Tags: