Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Always an adventure [OPEN]

Started by Storm, March 29, 2020, 12:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

Malki stopped what he was doing and looked up.
"Depends how you look at it." He said "Some people just don't see the injury. They do what they have to. Everyone has something that bothers them, for me being puked on is one thing that puts me off like nothing else. what matters is that numbness doesn't dictate what you do. If you felt that numb then knowing what is wrong or right can cloud your judgement."

Placing some more wood on the fire he smiled softly. "If you want to help people then the numb is an ally. It lets you know that you are human. It lets you breath, lets you live with your choices for a while if you need to. "

Hope

"I don't know if some people deserve to live with their choices," Acadia replied, almost bitterly. She stood and walked slowly back to the campsite, her expression unreadable.

Storm

Malki shrugged "Not a choice I am able to sway. What one choice is good, the others may see it as bad and vise versa. Just depends on the way you look at it. We may have prolonged the boy's life for example but he will probably die of infection if the family can not afford the medicine for him"

Malki stood up and stretched walking back to the river taking off his bloody over shirt and put it in the river to wash.

"Can you fight without magic?" He asked.

Hope

"Not very well, but I can fight," Acadia replied. "It's kind of a necessity, isn't it, for travelers and merchants especially. Anyone could be the person to rob you blind in the middle of the night."

She began preparing their meal for the night, heating up water and food. A delicious smell began to waft over their campsite.

Storm

He nodded as he picked up a larger stick. "Knives, sword or bow? Or just hand to hand?" He asked walking over and sitting down. Adding some leaves to the boiling water for tea he pulled out the dishes.

Hope

"Oh, I like to be rounded out, but I've trained harder with close confrontation type stuff. Knives and hand-to-hand. I'm not particularly good at anything, but I like to know I can get out of a slippery situation and take the other person by surprise. The thing is, I'm feisty, not skilled. I'd just as soon kick a man where the sun don't shine as put him in a chokehold- and he never knows which one's coming 'cause I got no strategy."

Storm

Malki laughed hard at that statement. Tossing the long stick to her he pulled off his thick coat nad tossed to the ground. Picking up another stick he squared off "If you gt no skill then lets fix that" He said as he grinned like a cat.

Hope

Acadia put some space between herself and the other man, pulling out a long knife from the sheath on her leg. It had a deadly bite if placed improperly, but it was her only weapon. She circled, looking for a tell. In a real fight, she wouldn't have the option of scrutinizing for information, so she took the opportunity to memorize every detail she could.

Storm

Watching her pull out her knife made Malki hesitate. He had planned on a bit of fun stick play but if was blade she pulled he wasn't about to say no. Unsheathing his own blade he mentally sighed as the familiar draining weight closed around his mind. He would have to be extra careful with his jet black blade exposed.

lunging forward he made a quick jab at her and retreated using the extra length of his sword to feel her out.

Hope

Acadia only just managed to dodge, but the blade brushed up against her clothing. She took the opportunity up close to make a downward slice before shuffling back. She couldn't tell if she'd made contact with her knife or not, but had to back away again from the sword. She kept moving so she'd be a more difficult target, looking for any sort of shift in the man's eyes.

Storm

Watching her carefully he let the blade cut his short making sure it didn't touch skin. taking another step forward he made sure to stay within her range using his sword more as a long knife. with a grin he jabbed forward again twisting away so he wouldn't cut her by accident. He didn't want to give too much away.

Hope

Acadia didn't manage to dodge this time, and the knife just barely missed her. She skipped forward, past his range of sight, and gently touched her blade to the back of his neck before jumping out of range again.

Storm

He grinned and backed down "Not bad. You are not giving yourself enough credit"  he said sliding his sword into the ground. "You use your skills to your advantage. I am impressed. "

Moving over tot he campfire he checked on the food before quickly pulling it off the fire before it would burn. "I would continue, but maybe we wait till after dinner"

Hope

Acadia laughed shyly, following suit with the food. "That was fun. I haven't gotten to train with someone for a while." She sat down with her food, blowing gently on it to cool it.

Storm

Malki just grinned "Next time with sticks, or sheathes. Less risk of us needing to be patched up" He said. As he waited for his food to cool down, he took his sword and cut his forearm. Laying the blade on the wound he sighed to himself as he watched the blade adsorb the red liquid for a bit before he re sheathed it. Wrapping his arm in a clean bandage that he saved for that purpose he began to eat as if it were a normal occurrence

Hope

Acadia stared at his bleeding arm in disbelief. "Um... Malki? What are you doing?"

Storm

"Feeding it" He said scratching his head "I ,umm, found it in the fell and well it kinda bonded to me?" He said 'Not too sure why...or how but it ,uhh, you cant put it away without it "feeding" on blood. Not really sure if animal blood would work so this has been my backup for a few years"

he looked down at his food blushing a bit as he moved the now sheathed sword back on its place on his belt.

Hope

"Oh. Huh. A sword that feeds on blood. Okay then." Acadia went back to her food, glancing suspiciously at the sword. Objects such as these were few and far between in the realm. Call it intuition, but something about that sword drinking blood had made her sense of magic go all buzzy.

Storm

He shrugged "Still the best blade I ever had. Never have to sharpen or clean it. Just taking it out is a pain" He said going back to his food. "One day ill figure it out, till then ill live with it"

Getting up he collected the dishes and walked back to the river to clean them.

Hope

Acadia followed him to help, scuffling through the underbrush. As they reached the river, she slowed so as to avoid getting splashed on. The sun was beginning to go down, and wearing wet clothes in the night would not be a good idea.