Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Clock Face [M]

Started by visualspice, November 07, 2023, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She'd likely only partially see, partially feel him helping her into the bed. 

He nodded at her words and that may have been the last she'd see until she awoke- or perhaps remember. 

And she'd awaken alone- to the ships creaking and the room in a shallow darkness. Opus Dey was no where within the room- and everything was.. oddly quiet on-board. 
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

One moment she felt Opus' hands guiding her, helping her, though even those memories were shrouded in mist, and the next her eyes were fluttering open to stare at the clock on the nightstand. It ticked away happily, without a care in the world, and filled her vision with its intricate carvings and small little doors that would open only on the hour. It brought a smile to her lips.

Opus Dey the sentimental. It was an odd thought but one that seemed to be supported by the clock's very existence on this boat. At least he was sentimental when it came to her.

She sat up slowly, realizing that she felt completely rested for the first time in months, and also realizing that when the potion had taken hold her illusions had broken and she was on full display to anyone who might happen to walk in. Not that she cared...but humans were funny like that.

A wash basin with fresh water had be laid for her, along with a cleansing towel and a green dress from the collection of clothes selected for her before she had even set foot on board. Not just that, but before she had even decided to go. Opus didn't like being caught off guard and clearly planned for every situation and scenario, even situations as silly and unimportant as her.

It didn't take long before she was washed and dressed. Her hair, now an inch or two below her shoulders, had been intricately twisted into braids and pulled back to keep tendrils out of her face. This time, however, she didn't try to hide her ears. Instead, they poked out prominently between plaits like tiny beacons against her red and gold curls.

Opus was nowhere to be seen, but that didn't surprise her. He was a busy man who had spent two weeks recovering from some kind of transportation spell - she couldn't expect him to just sit for a minimum of five hours.

Her elvish eyes allowed her to see through the low light without a lamp, and she made her way to the door before stepping out into the silence. It was very quiet, especially for the amount of sunlight that lit the deck.
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

visualspice

The quiet was the cut into by some humming. The voice, when the humming turned into signing, was quite obviously Dao's. He was fiddling with something before the signing went to whistling, and as he worked on whatever it was in his hands, flops of his dark hair fell over those bright eyes of his. 

Then he lifted his gaze when he noted her presence. He grinned, that broad, silly grin that he had- before pocketing whatever it was he was working on and nodded as he approached. 

"Ah, you're awake. He told me just to tell you he'll be back soon. "

And with that, he moved back towards the rail of the ship and took out the crude wood and instrument from his pocket and began to widdle away at.. whatever it was he was widdling away at.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

She nodded at that and promptly followed him to the rail and nimbly pushed herself up to sit on it while facing him. Her bare feet swung playfully and peeked out from under the hem of the dress. She assumed that Opus was busy working on something important, and didn't even question what he might be doing. He had his own life and she wasn't about to hover.

"What are you working on?" She leaned over to look at the piece of wood in his hands with a playful smile on her face, "Looks....interesting."

If she were being honest it looked like...nothing. She had nothing; not a single clue as to what it could possibly be.

visualspice

"Hrm?" Dao looked up at her, then down at the wood in his hand before he lifted it closer to her face. "Oh this? It's a stag! Or atleast is going to be." It looked nothing like a stag. Infact, if anything it looked closer to a duck - as there was no defined limbs carved out.

Goldie

Saoirse tilted her head to the side, the hair that was unbraided falling over her shoulder as she leaned closer to examine his work. It was....nothing like his explanation lead others to believe. It was...a lump of wood with some chunks taken out of it and it was much more bulbous than any stag she'd ever seen before.

"Hmm." She did her best to keep from laughing at his work, and pressed her fingers delicately to her lips in thought, "It's....cute."

It wasn't a lie. It was kind of adorable for a very-not-a-stag piece of wood.

"How long have you been working?" she pointed to the part he was currently working on, "Are these the antlers?"

visualspice

Dao pauses to consider her words, then jerked a thumb towards a pile of wooden shapes hidden in the shadows of the ship's deck.

"Don't know. A few minutes on this one. Can't seem to get the hang of this. But I'll keep trying. Those over there.. They're my graveyard stags." The last part he leaned in to whisper. "I threw them there to die. Don't know what shape they even look like."

And at that, he tosses his head back in a maniacal laugh.

"You any good with wood?" He gestured towards his hands and tools and the "stag".

Goldie

"Oh, Dao..." she chuckled and tilted her head to the side before reaching forward and plucking the "stag" from his hands and examining it quietly with a soft smile continuing to pull at her lips. She ran her fingers delicately over the wood, feeling the history of the tree that birthed it. It had been a young thing, at least by the age of trees, but even a young tree experienced more life in a single breath than a mortal being ever could.

"It doesn't want to be a stag." Saoirse replied thoughtfully, "You can always coerce it to be, but it's always easier to transform something when it wants to be transformed."

She reached over and pulled Dao's hand towards the piece and lead his fingers in the direction of the grain, "The grain pattern swoops gracefully this way." She pulled his fingers along.

Then she let him go and pulled her own dagger from under her skirt and deftly shaved off the side of the piece in one sweeping motion, then another, and then held it up for Dao to see.

"It wants to be a swan." In her hand the wood now had the general shape of a swan's neck.