Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Clock Face [M]

Started by visualspice, November 07, 2023, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He.. had not been expecting that. His entire body tenses as she lifted him up like he were a child. The very idea and sight of them was a ridiculous one- for he towered over her greatly, and despite the weeks of bed rest- he was still all muscle; brawn.

So when she asked about the soup...

Opus' smile turned rye. 

"It depends what you actually mean by soup. But next time.." hr went on, and she'd feel the light tap of something metal against the back of her neck. "You ought to warn me."
He showed her the knife, and moved to stow it away.  
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

She had been so focused on him, and her tattoos tingled when she exercised the gifts provided her under the moon, that she hadn't even felt the blade against her back until he showed her and tucked it away. Her eyebrows raised in surprise and she sat on the edge of the bed, still facing him and pressed her hand against her back where the blade had been moments before. That...was potentially a problem that she might need to address.

"I did warn you." She finally replied, "You chose to see it as an idle threat and then pull out a blad--would you have actually used it on me?"

Of course he would, who was she kidding? This was the man who had slaughtered every man who had hurt her even if only slightly even if only distantly related to her captivity. She had grown complacent in the last two weeks and forgotten to whom she attached herself.
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

visualspice

"I already have."

And all he could do.. was smile. Like a cat in the cream.... only somehow more.. satisfied? And then she would feel it- her dress threatening to fall off her form.

He had cut her ties.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Goldie

Sure enough, every single cross of  ribbon on the back of her gown had been severed from shoulder to waist and now was noticably loose around her where it had once been snug. Her surprise faded as quickly, nay, quicker than it had come and was replaced with a scowl in complete contrast to that insufferable smile on his   face.

Saoirse said nothing as she stood, mouth still turned down and brow furrowed as she let the dress slip from her shoulders and fall to the ground. She stood there, arms held out to her sides to just let him look.

"In my language we call sex a Giving. It's a gift from one person to another. So take a good look, Opus Dey, for there will be no giving to you until you do something worthy of my gift."

And then she sat on the chair that had become her throne over the past two weeks and crossed her legs before leaning back with both hands on the arm rests and just...glared at him.

visualspice

Despite being completely turned down, the battered man eyed the prize hungrily as she sat upon her chair. That stubborn pride...
He was almost tempted to cheat. But no.

He had to pay his dues. Sure, he slaughtered men- every single one deserving of it- however...

Who could put a price on a life?

He had grown so accustomed to thwarting bad luck and mortality that it was times like these, where he pulled at those seemingly endless resources, and had made a vow to himself to never forget what he was.

He was human.. mortal..

And someday, like those men he slaughtered, he too would pass.

He moved slightly, the painful reminder of his body's condition making him wince through that subtle smile of his. But his eyes remained upon her's once he was finished appreciating her naked form.

"I suppose the gift of corpses and an invitation onto my ship were not enough."

Not a question, but a statement. His eyes sparkled.

"What kind of songs did you sing in my absence?" He asked, after holding a long moment of silence.

Goldie

Her eyes remained steadily on his face and she never wavered. This she understood. Humans loved what was underneath all the layers of clothes and that wasn't something that often excited her or her kind. Bodies were just that, bodies. It was actions and words that held sway over her desires. It was the overwhelming joy of being plucked from certain death that claimed her weeks before, that sent her passionately into his arms. It was a Giving she didn't regret. A Giving she would never regret. That was a gift of life.

Here, though? She would never give when it was demanded and Opus' actions with his blade had felt like a demand. She owed him nothing for the choices he made in that time they were apart. She owed him nothing for his apparent assumption that she would agree to come with him - he had been prepared for her well before their paths converged.

And there was guilt there, too. He had, unbelievably, slautered those guards for her and yet...that one decision on his part and more than likely saved her life yet again. Her plan had been to drug their wine and set them alight. Her plan had a very slim chance of escape once she had made it into the jail.

But she didn't like to admit it to herself let alone to Opus.

"Many." She answered without moving, though one slender finger absently drew circles on the arm of the chair, "Often what is requested - love songs, songs of going home....once they were more comfortable with me they started requesting more bawdy styles. Perhaps tomorrow night I'll throw in ones about you. Characatures, naturally. Humorous. Parodies."

She was curious if the suggestion would cause a reaction so she watched him closely.

visualspice

"Songs about me?" He asked, arching a brow. "And what exactly is there to sing about?"

Goldie

It was time for her eyes to sparkle and a mischievous smile crept onto her lips as she leaned forward to rest her elbow on her knee and her chin in her hand. She was almost completely covered in this position, but that wasn't why she took it. No, being naked was a human issue, not one from the Bloodmoon Elves.

"Oh. So many things, nin vrae." But he had to know that already. No one in his position would go through life without at least a small curiosity as to what others said about you. She wouldn't be surprised if he knew each and every one. Maybe not to sing it, but certainly by lyric or by melody.

Her eyes danced as she began to sing.

"Out there along the eastern hills amidst the dying lands,
Where children cry and women shudder alone in misery,
For once did come a shadow great, and screams replace commands.
Until the sun doth rise again and shadows chased away,
For there is nothing more to fear - no fear, no more, of Dey.
"

The first verse was slow and minor with many chromatic modulations and tritones laced throughout to paint the picture of something horrible and spooky. But then the tone shifted and the haunting melody changed into something jaunty and bubbly that would likely be accompanied by much drunken dancing.

"He stands just shy of four feet high,
His grin askew, his grin askew,
He showers naught and smells of lye
His words do coo, his words do coo.
With arms so long they reach the ground
With eyes so black so small so round
With teeth so gold and grossly browned
No fear, no more, of Dey, of Dey
Ole ola ole ole."

visualspice

That.. she had chosen that song of all to sing about him? He could have laughed but held it in reserve, but his eyes nearly burst with what he was suppressing.

"You waste your talents on such a tripe song." He titled his head, thoughtful- but the warmth of amusement hung about him.

Goldie

"Oh, no, never a waste." Her eyes continued to dance, "I think it's quite accurate. The description especially is just....mmm....perfect."

Perhaps she was testing the limits, perhaps she could have been kinder, but as far as she could tell the man before her hadn't been teased enough in his life and needed to build some character. Besides, any other time he might actually win in a fight with all of his magic rings and talismans, but here and now?

She had the upper hand and wasn't about to squander it.

visualspice

"I..prefer some of the more... truthful ballads," he went on, a small grin upon his lips.

"Have you ever been to the Whore houses of Ir'dahza?"

He didn't wait for her to answer, and began to hum. Then sang .

"We loathe his passion, truthfully-
A man of fame, and pride you see.
He comes, and comes , quite oft you see-
The man, the myth, virility. 

Some he scares, other he dares.
His tricks and clever plans.
But fame comes 'round an' at the end of the day-
Opus Dey is but a man."

He then scrunched up his face and waved his hands at it.

"It goes on about taking all the whores and buying the place for the week and women plump with child and coin. But that part is a little exaggerated.  "

Goldie

All Saoirse could do was stare. Her hand dropped slowly from her chin until it rested on her knee and her lips were parted in surprise. His voice sent chills down her spine but other than that she felt nothing but the sound of the melody ringing in her ears. She felt his timbre vibrate through her, the well rounded tones of a Gods given talent hidden beneath cobwebs and years of disuse.

And then it was done. And he was talking and Sweet Lady she didn't want him to talk.

In an instant she was sitting on the bed beside him, resting a hand against his cheek while staring deeply into his eyes.

"Don't..." She croaked, "Sing it for me. please."

visualspice

He raised a brow, grin crooked as he saw the way she reacted.

"Sing? But I just did. Did you mean the rest?"

He just stared at her, amused. 

"Have you never heard that one? Well.. I suppose it's reserved only for the ladies working at the whore house.  They treat me well.. I pay them well.."

Goldie

"No...it's not..." color was rising in her cheeks from...embarrassment? No, that wasn't right. Surprise? Desire? Perhaps all of the above.

She reached her other hand to place alongside his other cheek, "You said you didn't sing. Back when I followed you to that house. But...Opus....I....I don't care about the song, I want you to sing. For me."

visualspice

He couldn't help but grin at her reaction. Was there perhaps a little flush to his cheeks as well?

"I don't sing. Or rather when I do, it's a rare occurrence. "

Who would expect the crime Lord to be a singer?
And he knew he wasn't bad at singing....

He just.

There wasn't exactly time nor purpose for it in his life.

Goldie

She kept her hands on his cheeks but climbed fully into the bed before stradling his legs. Her eyes never left his and the color continued to rise in her cheeks.

"Please." She begged, "Please, sing"

visualspice

Pure amusement shone on his eyes. He hadn't fully expected such a reaction from the half-elf.. then again, he didn't fully foresee her turning him down after he cut off the bindings of her dress. 

But that look in her eyes..the reddening of her cheeks...

He suddenly caught the hand cupping at his face affectionately and gave a yank, forcing her to become but a mere few inches from his face. 

He braces the rest of her body, so she wouldn't just topple across his form and kept her eyes.

"And just what would I sing for you?" He asked, his voice a deep rumble, but not aggressive, almost like a purr.

Goldie

Despite knowing full well she out strengthed him in this moment, Saoirse didn't fight or pull back against his hands as he drew her forcefully forward. A sharp explosion of breath left her and her entire body was leaking with electricity, with excitement.

All of her reservations from before were gone. This. This was a gift worth Giving. He didn't sing, he said, it was rare, he said, but he'd given her the gift of his voice without request.

Given it by choice.

"Anything." she whispered, voice trembling, "Anything."

visualspice

"But now I feel timid. You've put me on the spot..."

However, as much as he wished to continue to torment her over this, apart of him wanted to see her reaction to him singing again. Was she really so surprised?

I mean.. from what she's found out about him.. there was little he could not do....

He moved a hand to tuck her hair away from her face, eyeing that longing and passionate look in her eyes.

And so he sang- and the next song's words were in Essryn. The song was about the love between a crocodile and the heron who- by the end of the tale- as many others predicted- the crocodile ate the bird. As was in his nature- for could a beast truly redefine his nature from love?

He sang this song in particular- recalling stories about his mother and her death and the way his father had surely been the crocodile. Strangely enough- the union created another crocodile. 

And now... would he repeat the same awful sins of his father?

Goldie

Opus believed she had found out much about him, but truth be told she knew a lot of stories that rarely represented truth. She knew of hid deeds, yes, she knew of the fear his name invoked, she knew the silence that followed.

But she didn't know him. Not really. And a man was more than his reputation.

That was who she hoped to know. There were glimmers beneath his words. She saw the way his lips twitched and his eyes danced when she caught him off guard, but more importantly the way he treated her was different than all of the stories would lead her to believe. She truly believed he would let her leave if she decided to do so. Maybe he would follow her, but she felt in her bones that he would not force her to do anything. Within reason. She wasn't a fool.

Which was why she hadn't sung any of the humorous songs about him to his crew. Not yet and not without his consent.

But she also knew that she only had two choices. Her meeting with The Lady had made that very clear. This man, for better or for worse, was the key she needed to return home.

She listened, tranfix by his voice. She didn't know the language, though she assumed from his ethnicity that is was Essryni, but she didn't need to know the words to feel its beauty and its intermingled sorrow. He was a man of many facets and she was certain, whatever this song was about, was selected on purpose. But it's full intended meaning was lost on her.

So she closed her eyes and let his voice wash over her and her skin prickled with goosebumps. She leaned into his hand and found herself humming quiet harmonies as the song continued and the melodies became more familiar. And as their voices mingled her skin took on a gentle glow like moonlight kissing frost that lingered until the last note faded