Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

We Are Built From Broken Parts ((Ghosteh))

Started by Brisinger987, June 23, 2013, 02:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Skalos liked this forest way too much. The people who passed through here wanted to play chase every time. He simply walked up behind some of them and said hello and they begun to play. And they would run until they reached "home", and then they got the villagers involved in chasing! And the villagers tried to play party games, like pin the tail on the donkey, but they had to use arrows, as, in Skalos' mind, he couldn't comprehend the idea that they were trying to kill him. He reasoned they had run out of donkey tails, and were just using arrows as a substitute.

As he plucked an arrow from his trawl of shadow, he wondered if he could play that game too. No, he didn't have their fancy bows to shoot the tails at them. He threw the arrow into the pond and saw a fish. Then he remembered a song he had once heard.

"The cold hard lands
They bites our hands,
They gnaws our feet,
The rocks and stones
Are like old bones
All bare of meat.
But stream and pool
Is wet and cool
So nice for feet!
And now we wish........

Alive without breath
As cold as death
Never thirsting, ever drinking
Clad in mail, never clinking.
Drowns on dry land
Thinks an island
Is a mountain,
Thinks a fountain
Is a puff of air
So sleek, so fair!
What a joy to meet!
We only wish
To catch a fish,
So juicy-sweet!"

He remembered that a hunting demon had once sung that sung near him. And so, he sang it, over and over as he jabbed his sharp tendrils at the fish, trying to spear it and eat it. He paid no attention to anything but the fish, as he tried to catch it, desperately stabbing and jabbing and clawing.

Ghosteh

Risl walk into the village, she had only wanted to get some supplies but instead finds that the whole village is in a panic. People were shouting stuff about a tall monster, and they were all running around like crazy people.

Risl sighed Why did i have to walk in on such a situation? she thought to her self. Risl drew her bow and pluck a single arrow out of her quiver. Well, guess i better go see what this monster is. she thought again as she ran the opposite direction as everybody around.

As the shadow-like beast came into view Risl, with shaky hands, readied her bow and quickly fire an arrow at the beast.

Brisinger987

Skalos heard the string of the bow stretch, and hear the arrow being released, but dodged it, letting the fish go.

"Are we playing pin the tail on the donkey still?! We love party games! Can we play charades, or, or riddles! Or jokes!" The tendrils waved as Skalos' laughed manically.

"Where are our manners? We didn't ask elf-friend's name! We are Skalos! We're friends now!" Skalos grinned in a manner that seemed more like baring his teeth at her, his tongue flicking around through his teeth.

Ghosteh

Risl paused for a second, and stared an the large dark creature with wide eyes, her heart beating quick in her chest.

"M-My names Risl." she said tentatively taking a step back, her whole body was shaking but she was determined not to run from this monster. "A-and... Who are you?" she said with a shaky voice

Brisinger987

"Risl-friend is silly, we just said, we are called Skalos! Will you play riddles with me?" Skalos smiled, all his eyes blinking individually. One of his tendrils grew a nose, and got closer to the Elf, sniffing her.

"We want to start. What has two banks, but no money to put in it's mouth?" Skalos smiled, his primitive brain unable to distinguish the fear.

Ghosteh

Risl stood there for several seconds, paralyzed with fear. Risl then glanced to the quiver on her back wishing she could get another arrow and shoot him.

she paused briefly,and tried to suppress her fear. Now i have to answer riddles? what is it with this guy? Risl thought, trying hard not to be afraid but was still shaking  " I-I do-don't know," she said shakily, "W-What?"

Brisinger987

Skalos laughed at the fact she didn't know the first riddle.

"A river, silly. Risl-friend's turn now. Give us a difficult one! Go on, we dare you! We can answer it!" Skalos smiled, attempting to reach into her mind. We won't cheat on this riddle, we just want to be friends better. Is that ok with Risl-friend? The voice projected mentally, feeling the slight magic barrier.

Ghosteh

"Umm," Risl said still trying to keep her fears down. "What can you catch but not throw?" Risl said trying hard to keep herself from stuttering. don't freak out anymore, Risl, he doesn't want to hurt you, he definitely doesn't want to hurt you. she thought trying to keep herself calm

(i have to sleep now O>O)

Brisinger987

"Uhh... Um... Let us think..." Skalos looked down, his brain running through ideas. "A cold!" He laughed and danced, slipping over and laughing even more.

"30 white horses on two red hills. First they stamp, then they stomp, then they champ, then they chomp." Skalos looked at her expectantly.

------

OOC: I don't mind if you look these up!

Ghosteh

Risl, stared at the strange creature, she had never see anything as strange as this. "Uh," Risl paused and took a couple of steps back. "I don't know, Teeth?" she said and took in a shaky breath. I should try to escape, but he would probably just chase me. It's safer to play along with this strange creatures riddles. she thought "What do the letter 't' and an island have in common?" she said and gazed at the large creature, trying hard to keep her fears in the depths of her heart.

Brisinger987

"That's right, although we have 50 teeth." Skalos grinned and laughed over a joke he thought funny, knowing no one else would know it.

"We will figure out your riddle. T... Tea? No... Water has no t... WAIT! We know! They are both in the middle of water!!!" Skalos cackled this time, his tendrils morphing and changing randomly.

"Our turn now... Hmm... What is as big as you are, does not weigh anything? This one isn't too good, because we are one and we are bigger than you and heavier." Skalos didn't like this one too much, because people always got it wrong.

Ghosteh

Risl was looking in the direction of the woods, How should i know the answer to this! she thought, But as she stared at the woods in the corner of her eye an idea struck and she turned her attention back to the creature.

"Its my shadow," Risl said as she stared back at the horrifying monstrous thing in front of her, I won't be afraid anymore! she thought with the determination to escape from this.

"Here's mine," Risl cleared her throat,
"Until I am measured,
I am not known.
Yet how you miss me,
When I have flown!
What am I?" Risl said clenching the bow she still held in her hand.

Brisinger987

"We have heard that one lots, it's time, silly." Skalos thought of his final one.

"2 fathers and 2 sons go fishing. Each of them catches one fish. So why do they bring home only 3 fish? This is our last one." Skalos smiled grimly. If Risl failed this, she became a meal to catch in his eyes. He had not eaten the fish and now she looked appealing.

Ghosteh

Risl Stood their and thought for a second, "there was one grandfather, one father and one son" she said after a short pause to think. Risl felt her fears rising again, He said this was the last riddle, what's he going to do now? she thought and pushed her fears back Maybe he's tired, i'm sure that's it, his going to sleep, he is definitely going to go to sleep. she looked back at the forest from the corner of her eye again, and proceeded to take another couple steps back.

Brisinger987

"Don't go friend, the games are only just starting. We are going to have lots of fun here together. Or were we going to play chase? We like chase. All the ladies we meet scream out of happiness and play chase instantly. We find it fun when they have the town chase us back!" His voice was projected into he mind instead of speaking physically, and it was different mentally, being deeper, and it being 8 voices slightly out of time, mostly children's voices. One of the voices wasn't talking, but singing. It was singing a nursery rhyme. Twinkle Twinkle to be exact.

Ghosteh

Risl stopped backing away, Man, i wasn't built for all this stress, she thought and started to chew her bottom lip, All i want to do was take a nap up a tree for 7 or 9 hours of my life, but instead i'm here, talking to a who-knows-what! she clenched her hands in to fists, feeling the smooth, hard wood of her bow, she then got an idea, she took an arrow from her quiver, slowly, and readied her bow, pulling the string tightly back to her cheek, she aimed for what she hoped was his head.

Brisinger987

Skalos saw her draw the bow. "Pin the tail on the donkey? We love this game!" Skalos grinned and waited for her to shoot, not able to judge where the arrow was going to land.

Ghosteh

Risl paused for a second Pin the tail on the... what? she thought this guys is one of the most rediculous... things i have ever met! she quickly moved her focus back to the beast, pulling her arrow back a little bit farther, and firing the arrow.

Brisinger987

The arrow pierced between Skalos' eyes, and he screeched in pain. "We will hurt Risl-enemy for that!" He ripped the arrow out, and charged Risl, baring his fangs, and lunged, trying to sink claws and teeth into her.

Ghosteh

Risl turned and ran for the woods trying to focus he attention on running and not on the beast, what was with that sudden change of personality?! she thought to herself sprinting forward as fast as she could, even though she could her the large beast coming in behind her, Risl ignored it as best she could, and forced herself not to look back.