Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hello. I Want To Play A Game... (OPEN TO ALL)

Started by Brisinger987, July 22, 2013, 12:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listenbeastie

Once the antidote was done the man leaned back in his chair. "We're ready." he confirmed whilst giving her a grim look. "Go ahead."

He pulled away from the table, turning the wheelchair to the side and beginning to ride toward the entrance. He stopped halfway, withdrawing the small crossbow again as well as a bolt to match. He didn't load it for the time being but kept it there in his lap.

Caerina

She stepped forward with tbe bowl in her hands. Standing in front of the altars she took a deep breath. She turned towards Neru.
"Be ready if something happens."
Turning towards the altar of mercy, she took the first step. The priests' mouth was wide open, his jaw broken. Frowning, Khanna slowly raised the bowl and poured the antidote. In her mind she apologized to the other two priests.

Brisinger987

"Congratulations. You beat the first game." Harbinger watched the other two priests drown in their own blood as the poison completely took them over.

"Come to the orphanage tomorrow night, and we can play more." He exited through the window, and wandered into the night.

Listenbeastie

Nero glowered quietly up at the ledge, soon after turning around and starting. "Are you sure you don't want to tell the guard?" The bolt was twirled between his fingers while the cripple simultaneously waited for an answer and listened for any other suspicious signs. He didn't really understand why he came so far to help in the first place but at this point perhaps it was a good idea.

Caerina

She turned towards him, anger was obvious on her face.
"Oh, no... I want to kill this bastard myself." she said throwing the bowl to the floor.
Khanna was very irritated and sad and afraid. All at once the emotions were very hard to hide, and she suspected they were written all over her face. She threw a glance at the priests that died, with blood poured all over ther faces. The last priest was still breathing, and it was a matter of time when he would wake up.
"Let's go, before he wakes up." like this, they obviously seemed guilty "Unless you don't want to go through with this?" she asked him, her tone a little harsher than she wanted. She picked up her cloak and pointed a questioning look towards him.

Listenbeastie

"Are you truly that mad? He's a well practiced killer; all of this was planned out! You think because you want to take revenge on him that somehow you, a random girl will miraculously manage to end him without some sort of terrible consequences? We need help; even if its not the guard." Neru scowled back at her.

The cripple brought his hands together, trying to dismiss the shake by rubbing one with the other.

Caerina

"I already told you what would happen with the guards... They would blame it on us!" she said " I know this is all planned, but we can't stop.now when we have started his game. You heard him the orphanage is next and if we don't show up, those kids will wind up dead on some brutal way!" her voice was so loud that she was almost shouting.
"I won't make you do anything, but I have to continue this, I can't allow some child to die just because we agreed to his game." her voice calmed, and she now sounded sad and guilty "And don't even doubt I won't kill him, cause I will." she swirled one of her daggers between her fingers.

Brisinger987

Sunlight crept over the horizon, and beamed into the church. It was time to leave. People would be coming for morning service, and they had a day to try and follow up leads on the killer, and try and figure out what was happening.

The local doctor, Victor Herald operates a run down, 24 hour clinic nearby and could analyse the poison.

((OOC: Yes, Harbinger will gladly examine your items for you, haha))

Listenbeastie

"Yes, and you'll go ahead and continue playing until there are so many dead people you'll lose count." The crippled retorted, rolling his eyes. He moved to depart but continued speaking, "There has to be someone that could help. We can't be the only ones this guy has messed with; I mean, just think about all the dead people." Neru groaned and rubbed his forehead.

"You go ahead, I can't stop you, but I'm going to find out more about this before I go running into more of his 'games'."

Caerina

"Where do you intend to look for information?" she asked, going after him.

If there was a way of defeating this man without playing anymore of these games, it would be a perfect solution. But, Khanna asked herself, where the hell does he intend to find anything about this man? It was obvious that he was very smart, he didn't leave any traces, and they knew so little about him. She sighed, annoyed by the fact.

"Okay, I agree we need to find out more before tonight..." she took a few steps towards the door "It's already morning, we have to go."

Listenbeastie

While wheeling out of the church (looking around to make sure no guards had shown up yet) the man sighed. "Well, I don't know. You're the shady one here. The best lead I'd be able to find are rumors." Neru grimaced; he was a common soldier, not a detective.

((I'm sorry, I lost track of this thread Dx))

Aeytrious

His eyes missed nothing. It was his shift to scout this part of the city, and he always did his best. Coming upon the lunatic butchering the woman in the alley was a bit of a shock. Luckily the killer had not seen him, and he was able to observe his process. After the butcher left the scene, maintaining patience and not searching the area had taken much self control. As the seconds counted down and the decision was finally made to enter the alley, the wheelchair bound man had come upon the scene, followed soon after by the young woman. The two of them destroyed the entire thing by disturbing a poem. He would have looked closely upon all the items without disturbing them. It was unfortunate that they had not thought of that. With most of the evidence burned away, the only option was to follow these tow and see what happened. He used his slingshot and shot a reflector sphere into the air, to signal that he was leaving his post to pursue something of interest.

Upon reaching the church, he watched from the shadows. He listened to the words of the crazy man, and observed the 'game'. Never had he witnessed anything so sadistic. What the hell was this lunatic up to. Did he understand that this was not something that would go unnoticed. As the two 'players' headed for the exit, having made their choice, he slunk through the shadows toward the altars. Once there he collected a sample of the poison. From the broken bowl he collected a sample of the antidote. The unconscious priests face was distorted fro the broken jaw, and out of pity he poured a bit of one of his potions down the mans throat. It knit his face right up, but the small amount he gave would leave the priest still feeling quite sore.

He headed back toward the exit himself, and heard the two bickering about what to do. The man had said to get to the orphanage tomorrow night, so they had close to thirty-six hours to gather information. He spoke to them from the shadows, the early morning sun they stood in would prevent them from seeing him as he hid in darkness.

"Going to the guard would likely not help. There is a local doctor, Victor Herald, he's rumored to know a bit about poisons. He could possibly analyze the poison. And just because the guard can't help doesn't mean you can't seek help from those that truly rule this city."

He flipped a gray Soot Wolves token onto the cripples lap, and slipped back further into the church. He would exit through a side door, and get to a nearby entrance to the Den. It would be best to report on this right away, and get the poison and antidote to Chora. She would want to analyze it herself when she heard about it. The Soot Wolves would not let a serial killer go unchecked in Arca. Hopefully Jack would do something fast, since Rufus was not in the city.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Brisinger987

((OOC: Some memory that Veskos (Torak's name for his psychopathic personality)))

"I did my job Harbinger. Just as you asked." The White Mask grinned.

"I am pleased. Torak, your services are no longer required. Thank you for your assistance." Harbingers words were cool, and collected. Torak on the other hand, wasn't home. Until his name was mentioned.

"You're a madman Victor... What have you done?!" The masked man disappeared, and in his place stood the assassin, trembling.

"I simply gave your other half something to do. Especially now that your friend is in the city." Victor smiled at him in an eerie, unfeeling fashion.

"You hurt Khanna and I swear to god, I will kill you. I will hurt you if you so much as lay a finger on her you psychopathic sadist!" Torak stormed out of the room, knowing that he could kill Victor, but he wouldn't do Khanna any favours.

"Let the games begin..."

Caerina

Did the Soot Wolves just offer them help? What was next? Unicorns? Khanna was confused by the gesture but couldn't help but feel thankful. It was a bloody good hint they gave her. And the name the Wolf spoke made her feel a bit more agitated. She had two brief run-ins with the man, Victor, and none of the two was nice. Khanna wasn't looking forward to the third. She slowly picked up the token from the Soot Wolves and smiled.

"Come, we just got some help." her smile widened as she started walking away from the church.

For some reason, Khanna suspected it was going to be a really long day.