Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

One Foot in The Grave (Brisinger987)

Started by Caerina, August 22, 2013, 05:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caerina

It was stinky near the docks. Perhaps it was just Khanna's repulsiveness to fish, but she really hated it here. The faster she finishes the job, the faster she could leave and move on to something more classy. Running around stinky places wasn't her choice of a perfect job, but for the amount of money given to her, she was ready to do just about anything. But, anything could include a lot of things. 

The nearby sea was highlighted by the moon, and she threw a few pebbles in the calm surface. Her employer was supposed to be here soon, and she was completely ready to face just about anything in order to get to that money. Her dark armour was almost invisible and her dark cloak made her face unrecognizable to other people. Not that there were many. Cerenis was currently in the state of utter fear, and it's citizens were rarely out of their homes after nightfall. It had something to do with the late night attacks and killings. Khanna suspected it was just another gang making it's way through the city.

She heard the silent movement. It was barely audible to an untrained ear. Just a small sound, scratch of boots over the ground. Slowly, she turned around from the water staring at the utter darkness in front of her. Something was there, she was sure of it as she slowly got her light daggers from her back. The last thing she saw before falling onto the concrete was a pair of fangs. Her instincts immediately rushed in as she tried to knock the creature out. That was easier said than done.

Brisinger987

Sophia's target was a vampire, a blasted, cursed, reckless vampire, with an appetite for young girls.

So when she spotted said vampire prowling the streets, she stalked it, waiting for something to distract it so she could teleport in and distract it.

It attacked a young woman who was quick and defenceless. Sophia decapitated her corpse to avoid he becoming a vampire, then placed her on a pyre. By the time she got back onto the vampire's trail, it was already attacking another woman.

She teleported in tucking her hair away for safety, and grabbed the vampire, throwing it, and teleporting after it. She was quiet, and silent. By the time it could figure out exactly what was happening, it's head rolled off it's shoulders and onto the cold cobbles.

Her employer wanted a tooth to ascertain the kill. She would bring it's head.

She opened her satchel, threw the head in, and looked over at the victim, her eyes shining in the moonlight.

Caerina

Vampire. Khanna never had any dealings with them, but now she realized they were probably the ones causing all the chaos in the city. But before Khanna could claim her first vampire kill, something, no someone snatched it from her. The movement patterns were unrecognizable but the appearance belonged to someone she knew well.

Before saying his name, she stopped herself. The face was female, the figure was tall but it was undoubtedly also female. This wasn't Torak, he was out on business, and yet the woman in front of her looked just like him. Khanna slowly rose from the ground her gaze never leaving the the female in front of her. This was something worth of investigating. She returned her daggers in her cloak and just stared, not sure if she should say something or just flee. On the other hnd, she never did meet her employer. She glanced towards the headless corpse, with one of her calculating looks. Evidence.

Brisinger987

"Are you ok? I am Sophia. That, was Von Bardo. Local vampire. He wandered, slaughtering young women, turning them into vampires. I have been tracking him for several days." Sophia felt it was worth explaining that why she had not jumped in before the mauling. This woman could potentially be infected with the plague that was vampirism.

"What is your name?" Sophia cleaned her sword on her robes, and sheathed it.

"And did he bite you?" In her head, she knew that the moment she said she didn't know, the sword would come back, and she would have to inspect every inch of flesh on this woman. She would literally hold her at sword point until she allowed Sophia to check literally everywhere for bites.

Caerina

"Of course not." she crossed her arms "The name is Khanna."

Her face was hidden beneath her cloak and she didn't feel like removing it. Like this, she had a small barrier between her and the woman. She still didn't understand the similarity between her and Torak, but was ready to find out. Not really minding the woman, Sophia, Khanna crouched near the corpse not really minding it was headless and continued searching through the stuff. She wanted evidence, something to confirm that there was indeed a large gang of vampires in Cerenis. The things she saw this night were enough to convince her but far from enough to convince her employers that there was a real threat in the city.

"Would you mind." she told to Sophia "You're standing in my moonlight."

Brisinger987

"Do not bother. The vampires will die by morn. Their master is dead. I identified only one other who could source the vampires and she died too." Sophia froze, looking over at a guard, then teleported over, knocking the man out instantly, then back to Khanna.

"If you wish, you may help me find them so that we can stop any more vampires being created. This breed of vampires, once they find someone to bite, they can survive the day. Without creating one, they disintegrate. They only need to create one vampire to become the new leader. And this causes problems when dozens of attacks have been reported." Sophia, waited coldly for the reply, her cold attitude almost identical to Torak's.

"Can you fight?"

Caerina

A real threat in Cerenis? Well, at least she guessed it was there. Khanna narrowed her eyes when she saw that Sophia can teleport. That wasn't a common power, and she only knew one other person who can do it.

"Yes, I can." she said "I'll help you, for a small price, if you are willing to pay?"

Yes, Khanna likes to help people, and prevent as much deaths as she can but if she can do it plus earn some money along, that would be great. Also, she wanted to know why is this woman so similar to Torak. Was it possible that she was somehow related to him, that she actually knew him? That was something she wanted to find out.

Brisinger987

"Fine. How does 10 gold for the night sound?" She talked as Torak would, her cold disposition identical to his.

((So sorry for the major drop in reply length, haven't slept))

Caerina

Khanna cocked her head on the isde, thinking. That was a nice price, and she didn't really feel like pushing Sophia's limits. She didn't quite look like a person who was ready to bargain or chit-chat about a price.

"It's a deal." she nodded with a slight smile beneath her cloak.

(It's okay, no worries ^^)

Brisinger987

Sophia adjusted her headwear so her mouth was open now.

"Very well, let's get moving. Don't want to be the reason one of these damned vamps lives beyond the morning. Don't like the idea of having family. Not like I would know any of mine. Knowing my luck they are out there and stealing my marks." Little did she know Torak was out there taking down targets as she spoke.

Caerina

"Any idea where we can find more vamps?" she asked, not mentioning anything about families. It was a pain in the neck, and Khanna was never really interested in finding out who are they. Besides, they were probably either very poor or dead since they did sell their youngest daughter as a slave. On the other hand she was very curious about Sophia's familiy, since she was now almost sure they were somehow connected. Khanna didn't want to press the subject... For now.

Brisinger987

Where to find more vamps? "Oh that's easy."

Sophia drew her sword.

"We bait them to the smell of blood." She cut a line in her palm, leaving it to bleed. It stung, but she didn't show any pain, she just let the blood stain her hand.

Caerina

"Interesting concept." Khanna agreed "You don't have to look for them, just wait."

It surely was a great idea, but Khanna was a little bit worried. To much open ground near the docks. Behind her was the sea, in front of her were the edges of the city, buildings and houses. There were too many possible attack spots, and the escape routes were weak. In her head, she tried to make up a plan of movement for different attack patterns. Most of them didn't have nice escape ways.

Brisinger987

"Let's walk. We can discuss things as we walk." Sophia had no idea what they would discuss, but they would.

She set off in the direction of the poorer district.

Caerina

"Do you have any questions about my qualifications?" Khanna asked sarcastically. The only qualifications she had weren't fancy at all. Street smarts and pickpocketing. Everything she knew, she learned on the streets. Classy jobs come later, but even with the classy ones, she used the same tricks the ones she learned on her own.

Brisinger987

"No. Just curious about where you are from? Are you local?" Sophia walked through the streets her katana sheathed, he hands dripping blood.

"They'll smell it soon."

Caerina

"No... I get around." she told her vaguely.
"Yeah, any minute now." Khanna agreed and kept her hands on her daggers, ready to attack as soon as she hears anything. The smell of blood was strong and Khanna was sure something will come very soon, from the shadows.

Brisinger987

"Here one comes." A man in bloodied robes stumbled out of an alley, bleeding profusely from his neck. And that brilliant set of white fangs.

"Oh hello sweetie. This what you want?" She drew her sword, smiling flirtatiously at the man.

Caerina

"This is all they have to throw at us?" she said with obvious arrogance in her voice.
Nevertheless, her voice was perhaps arrogant, but she was already tensing her body for a fight. Khanna took her daggers out, just in case.

Brisinger987

"Give it a bit. 3." Sophia started counting down as the recently made vampire stumbled and fell.

"2. Come and get me." She split the cut on her hand and smeared blood over her face, and just for temptation, under her underwear.

"1." As she finished the last count, a healthier looking vampire sped out of the alley, sniffing for blood.

"Come on boys, you know you want me. First one to take me down can have me in bed tonight."