Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Chance encounters...or something (Brisinger987)

Started by SilverShadow, August 27, 2013, 09:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverShadow

"And you're the first dragon I've ever met who didn't have a grand time in Adela. Makes me wonder if you are truly a dragon." She retorted, raising an eyebrow at him. She finished her food and licked her fingers. She tossed another stick on the small fire, watching the sparks leap into the air, then glanced back at Icyck. "Although I'm fairly certain you're the moodiest dragon I ever met," she added, shooting a half-grin in his direction.

Brisinger987

"Well I take pride in that then." He didn't even try and force a smile as he stared at the ground.

"You know, around every other being, I am calm, chilled, but round you humans, I just get so aggravated. If you were a dragon... I'd be more than capable of staying chilled and friendly. I really would. But you're not. Not to my knowledge."

SilverShadow

Storm swallowed a snort of laughter. Screw it, she thought wryly, I've always wanted an excuse to try just being...me.

Without a word, quicker than the blink of an eye, she had changed into her dragon form. She stood before him, firelight dancing on her shimmery black scales, making their pale blue tips spark. Gone was the pretty-but-human girl with her blonde highlights and green eyes, and in her stead stood a shining creature of strength, beauty, and grace. She looked outright elegant. And for almost a whole tenth of a second, she felt it.

"And who's to say I'm not?" she asked him, laughter sparkling in her now deep purple eyes.

Brisinger987

"My gods..." Icyck shifted back to dragon form, and bowed to her.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted... I assumed... Wow... You're beautiful..." His chilled attitude started showing through, feeling he could speak his mind again. Finally he felt alright being here.

"Seriously, you are." He said calmly, as if it was just a casual comment, made in passion.

SilverShadow

She quirked a smile at him, feeling her cheeks warm beneath her scales. "Well thank you," she replied modestly. She settled back down by the fire, still watching him with amusement. "Funny how your whole view of a person can change, huh?"

Brisinger987

"Yeah, it is, isn't it... Explains why you were so willing to let me stay..." He relaxed, lying on his side.

"I'm much more confident about sleeping round you fire tonight. Unless you're one of those dragons who cut parts off of other dragons?" Icyck winced as a harsh phantom pain flared in his groin. He looked down expecting to be complete again, but as usual, he was wrong.

SilverShadow

Tanith almost laughed, but stopped when she saw his wince. He obviously wasn't kidding, and she decided not to push it. In a lighthearted tone she replied, "Of course not, don't be absurd."

Then she added, "Forgive me, I don't believe I've actually introduced myself. My name is Tanith Stormflight, although when I'm in my human body I simply go by Storm." She nodded her head in a more formal greeting.

Brisinger987

"Nice to meet you Tanith. I'm Icyck. Call me Icy. Watch." He picked his head up, and let out a frosty breath, freezing a small patch of grass solid.

"I'm technically a hybrid. Part Frost Dragon, part Crystal-Back."

SilverShadow

"It's nice to meet you too, Icy! Frost and Crystal-back, huh? Interesting combination, that. I myself am..." she paused. 'Hybrid' didn't seem to quite cover it. "...somewhat complicated." She finished with a wry shrug. "Although my dragon form is obviously Crystal-back."

Brisinger987

"I would have said Nightspinner myself if not for the fact only one is alive. Veraxitoc came to visit my colony once." Icyck froze a flower, picked it up, and gave it to her.

"Ice, the form of water when cooled. Amazing."

SilverShadow

She smiled at his enthusiasm and accepted the frozen flower, gazing at it for a moment. Then, as though just remembering his former comment, replied, "No, not just one. There's another, now." She remembered her strange meeting with the teenage Nightspinner Methusela. "A young one."

Brisinger987

"Oh right? So there's two. I heard of a rumour of a female albino Nightspinner, but dismissed it as a blood dragon resurgence." Icyck lifted himself up, freezing the ground underneath him and lying on it.

"By morning this will be unmeltable."

SilverShadow

"Really?" Tanith said, startled. There were 3 Nightspinners now?! "Well if that rumor is true, then there are three. The one I met was a young male." She contemplated for a moment what that might mean. A return of the Nightspinners? It made her a little nervous. They were reputed to be the voluntary guardians of all, but they were also easily the largest species of dragon in known existence. She shook the thought off. Such things, if they should ever happen, were very, very far in the future.

Brisinger987

"I saw the female I believe. She looked like a very large Blood Dragon. But she was at distance, so I could not tell. Blood red scales though. Frightening." The lie was practiced. She was a Nightspinner, and that meant they were available for breeding. A Nightspinner who mothers a hatchling of non-Nightspinner father always gives birth to an empowered Nightspinner. Or so the story went anyway.

SilverShadow

Tanith shrugged, making the pale blue tips of her scales sparkle. "Sounds beautiful to me," she commented. Then, bringing herself back to the moment, she looked at Icyck inquisitively. "So what were you doing wandering around in the cold night air in human form, anyway?"

Brisinger987

"Avoiding hostility. Or fear. And trying to find the sweet spot temperature where my scales don't start frosting, but I can still be cold. And only fires are helping." Icyck didn't move from where he was, feeling sleepy. When he felt sleepy, and realised it, he got up and paced over to Tanith.

SilverShadow

"I see," Tanith said. She looked up as he walked toward her, slightly tensed, wondering what he was doing.

Brisinger987

"Can I not come and sit next to you?" Icyck said, noticing the change in temperature from he muscles as she tensed.

SilverShadow

Her purple eyes narrowed, watching him suspiciously, but she shifted over to make more room. What exactly did he want from her, anyway?

Brisinger987

"If you don't want company, I'll go. Simple. And don't get worried about me, haha, even if I did that, no hatchlings. I got cut up by humans. Lost more than one organ to them." Icyck's voice was unnaturally calm over it. He was harbouring that bloodlust. Waiting to release it one day.