Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Chance encounters...or something (Brisinger987)

Started by SilverShadow, August 27, 2013, 09:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverShadow

It was almost like he had read her thoughts. She gave a soft "humph" and turned away from him, resting her head on her front feet and closing her eyes, giving every impression of going to sleep, although she tracked his every move with her ears.

Brisinger987

"Fine. You know that you want it really. I'll bet you're just dying for it inside. You want it cause you know there's no danger. Cause you know that there's no risk of commitment. Scott free." He bragged off the good points, and curled up, finding that he was at just the right temperature to sleep, although he kept his senses open for movement in her heat signature.

SilverShadow

Disgusted, Tanith stood up, shook herself, and moved to the other side of the fire before laying back down.

"You just keep telling yourself that, frosty boy." she growled.

Brisinger987

"You'll learn to love the cold. I'm an acquired taste." He smiled at her annoyance.

"Good night. Don't even need to say sweet dreams, because my presence in them guarantees it."

SilverShadow

Her stomach heaved at the very thought. Thoroughly disgusted, she stood and stalked off into the trees. She was tired, yes, but she was also hungry, and it seemed like a damn good time to be somewhere else. Let him lull himself to sleep with his own arrogance.

She hunted for several hours, eating well before returning to her campsite. For some sleep. Icyck didn't appear to be awake, so she curled up next to the fire, as far away from him as she could get, and closed her eyes. She firmly told her ears and nose to remain aware of her surroundings, then let her mind slip into a light sleep.

Brisinger987

A scent of death caught Icyck's nose, and he started, growling deeply in a certain direction, before turning, and seemingly diving at Tanith, tackling a fire drake in mid-air. The two beings sprawled over the floor, the fire drake ripping into Icyck's flesh effectively, scoring lots of wounds before Icyck killed it.

Then another dived for Tanith.

SilverShadow

((Err, what the hell is a fire drake? :P))

Tanith was awake faster than a heartbeat, instinctively rolling out of the way as the fire drake crashed into the ground where she had been half a second previously. By the time the fire drake realized it was on the ground she was on top of it, her teeth around its neck. It fought her for a moment, scraping scales off her belly, before she clamped her jaws down and its neck snapped. Immediately she dropped the foul-tasting thing and whirled to find Icyck.

Brisinger987

((It's a lizard like creature, about half the size of a dragon, which can breath fire, and are like Chinese dragons. Go here to see one. Those, breathing fire.))

Icyck had two others attacking him, and one of them managed to rip part of Icyck's leg, before he got frustrated and angry, and froze both drake's and smashed them.

Then he slumped, hurt badly by his wounds.

SilverShadow

((Ohhh, okay thanks. Basically a scaley fire-breathing pain in the a** without wings? :P))

Tanith tossed the dead drakes' bodies in the fire for good measure before turning to Icyck. "If you could freeze them solid like that, why didn't you do it from the beginning?!" she complained, sitting down to examine her own wounds. She had a rather large gash on one side, but it was shallow. The rest of her wounds weren't serious, but that didn't mean they didn't sting like a raindrop in the eye. Deciding she would live, she stood up and began poking around her side of the fire, meticulously picking up every single scale she had lost. She brushed them off with a claw and dropped them into her knapsack.

Having found and stowed all of her missing scales, she took a step toward the fire and transitioned into her human form with a pained grunt. Her shirt was bloody and completely shredded in some places, but her undershirt seemed to be more or less in tact. Now that she had fingers and hands to work with, she again opened her knapsack and began pulling things out. New shirt, a small vial of clear gel, a bandage, and finally a waterbottle.

She lifted her top shirt off and let it drop on the ground, leaving her undershirt on. Lifting its hem, she spashed some of the water on the wound on her side, hissing at the cold, then tossed the bottle in Icyck's direction. "Freeze yourself back together." she suggested, focusing on spreading some of the gel on her wounds. She covered the big one with the bandage, then pulled her undershirt down, pulling the clean shirt on over it.

Brisinger987

((Yep. :) ))

Icyck silently stared at the tree, feeling truly annoyed. He had saved her from a surprise drake attack, and that was all he said.

He let out a slow growl. He didn't move, he just growled. Until he felt it turn to gargling, at which point, he put his paw up to his neck, to find a huge gash there.

The buggers had got him in the neck.

"Uhhh..." He felt light headed, and on the verge of passing out. He was annoyed that all she cared about was her own wounds. She had only been attacked by one. He had taken on three. And all she cared about was her petty wounds. He had a neck gash, and several missing chunks.

"Selfish bitch...." He muttered to himself, as he bled and burned adrenaline, until he could feel pain again, and couldn't move.

SilverShadow

Tanith looked up when he made no move to catch the water bottle. Seeing the gash in his neck, she paced around the fire and grabbed the water bottle from where it had landed in the dirt. "Lay down and don't move," she instructed him firmly.

Brisinger987

"How about, I can't?" As he spoke, even in his strained voice, blood seemed to flow more profusely than when he was silent. He was in blazing agony, and just wanted her to get on with it, so he could leave. She didn't care for him in the slightest. That was evident.

SilverShadow

"Okay, well in that case at least shut up and hold still," she retorted. She splashed a generous amount of water over his wounds, especially the one on his neck, until his scales were dripping. It might be uncomfortable, but she knew it would clean them and that was more important. "Can you shift to human form?" she inquired. She was fairly certain there was nothing more she could do if he said no.

((Hey check the cbox.))

Brisinger987

"Do you want me to die?" If he shifted, the gash could potentially end up on his jugular, and he would just spray blood and die pretty damn quickly. He wasn't prepared to take that chance unless he was certain that it wouldn't.

"If I shift, you better be able to patch me up pretty damn quick, cause this could be a human jugular wound, and that would mean death unless that's some instant healing water." Icyck watched as, instead of clotting, the water on the wound froze into a seemingly stretchy ice. It acted almost like a bandage, stopping bleeding, and closing the wound.

SilverShadow

Tanith shook her head as she saw the ice freeze. "Never mind." Realizing that his body was creating its own bandage, she cheerfully emptied the rest of the bottle over him, thoroughly drenching him. The ice would do far better than her medicine ever could have anyway. "Mr. Ice, I am pleased to announce that provided you don't to anything royally stupid, you shall live." she announced with a grin, then a wince as her side stretched.

Brisinger987

He was not amused by the joke. "Thanks. No thank you for fending off three drakes while you killed one? No thanks for stopping the first one attacking you and setting you on alert for the second? Typical. I was wrong to think that you, the dragon that prefers her human form, wouldn't act like a human." He huffed, standing slowly, and shakily, stretching all his limbs to full extent.

"I seriously can't believe I can't at least get verbal thanks for doing that. All I got was you yelling at me, before realising that my wounds were worse, and then you reluctantly helped. I thought you would be better, considering you know how to live in both worlds. Guess only the lucky ones get it lightly. I'll go and live my hardships, you keep your damned, gods-given luck, and live out your happy life. I'll go and get cut up trying to do good." He sent a cold breath her way, enough to be a painful frost nip, and began to walk away, waiting for any attack, mental or physical.

SilverShadow

Tanith raised an eyebrow in surprise. Yelled at him? She hadn't once raised her voice. No, she hadn't coddled him, but he was an adult dragon for heaven's sake!  "And you're welcome for the rest of my clean water you moody jerk," she muttered, in a foul mood as she began picking her things out of the dirt.

Brisinger987

He stopped, and began to laugh as she said that. "I'm sorry if I got my throat ripped out trying to defend a complete stranger. All you did was chuck some water over me! If I had died you'd have done that to make sure I was clean for when you cremated my body! My gods, you are so selfish." He turned, deciding to confront her.

"This world has got a funny sense of humour, hasn't it? Dragons like me, who do their utmost to never do wrong, always help others, are the ones that get hurt and cut badly. Dragons like you, the dragons that think you can leech off of the good nature of others, and just chuck water over them in return, are the reason people don't like dragons! You're all so pathetically selfish!" He sent a colder breath at her this time, designed to emphasise the sting of his words with some minor frost bite symptoms.

SilverShadow

Seeing he'd resorted to outright confrontation, Tanith shifted back into her dragon form with a puff of smoke. She had just finished the change as he shot cold air at her. It was freezing, and uncomfortable, and it pissed her off, but thanks to the fire in her blood it didn't harm her.

"Nobody asked you to do squat!" she snarled angrily. "Do I really look that helpless to you?" She was standing tall, making full use of her impressive size, and her purple eyes had a reddish tint to them. If there was one thing she did not look, it was helpless. Actually, to most she would have looked rather scary. "And in case you hadn't notice, me "just chucking some water over you" happened to save your miserable life." her voice may as well have been dripping acid for how venomous she sounded.

Brisinger987

Icyck laughed at her. She was really defending herself here.

"Exactly, that's what separates me from you. You, don't do anything unless it suits you, and somehow, despite how selfish and self centred you are, you don't get any bad experiences in life! Yet, me, who only ever wanted to help people, was held captive for 100 years. Cut and hurt, for 100 years of my damned life, by people like you, who did what suited them. If they didn't feel like sewing wounds closed, they didn't. If they didn't think it would kill me, they would leave it open. And when it was going to kill me, they only reluctantly did it. You don't know what it feels like to be treated like that, to have that pent up fear and anger, and to try and dissipate it with good deeds, making the world better, just to be met with hostility. You go on living your stuck up, privileged life, and no-one bats a damned eye, you stuck up cow..." His lip curled as he prepared for a fight.  His words were pronounced like cold daggers, the burn of the ice causing as much pain as the stab of the blades.