Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Two Merc's same job

Started by Onilius, December 08, 2016, 01:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onilius

@Icepop213

It was a crisp autumn evening in the lands on Connloath. The leaves fell from the trees of a vast array of colors and the fields turned gold. All seemed calm and peaceful on this day except for it was all a lie. Outside of the castle walls Onilius stood beside a noble on horseback. A minor noble none the less but one who still owned a few properties and had a decent pocket.

Walking down a dirt road they had finally reached a small farmstead just outside the castle walls. The noble gestured out towards the house. "I had my guards move the body inside the house so the good people of Reajh, as well, as other farmers did not become alarmed. My guards say that it looked like some large beast tore them apart."

Onilius gave a silent nod underneath his hooded cloak as he took a couple steps towards the house. The noble called out to him. "Onilius, wait a moment will you? This is a task you won't be handling alone. I hired another sword..." The noble looked around towards the other farms and fields. "Hmmm, he should be here very soon."

With a heavy sigh Onilius moved back next to the noble with his arms crossed as he looked down the path they just walked.

Icepop213

Borren Mali traveled along the dirt path. He looked at the letter one more time. He looked up at the large towers of the castle. He put the letter back in his pocket and walked in the direction of the castle. He stopped suddenly. He sniffed the air before grabbing his large sword. 'Monster blood.' He walked slowly and carefully through the forest. He lost the track and sheathed his sword. He continued to the castle and saw two men standing in front of it. He made his way toward them and showed them the letter. "You wanted me?"

Onilius

The nobleman smiled as he waved to the man who had just arrived. "Ah, Borren Mali so nice for you to finally join us." He gestured over to Onilius. "This is Onilius Lars. My men believe this beast or beasts to be very dangerous. That's why I hired the both of you. I haven't seen the bodies but I will leave that to you two now that you're here." He tossed the key to the house to Onilius. "Once you have this ordeal settled come and see me for your rewards." Without another word the nobleman rode off back behind the castle walls where he'd be safe from the outside world.

Onilius Lars looked at the key in the palm of his hand, tightening his grip around it. With a quick glance over his shoulder he took a look at Borren. "Let's get to work." Walking over to the house he unlocked the door. Unsheathing his sword and then nodding to Borren before opening it.

There were claw marks every where in the house, bodies and some of them where in pieces, furniture was broken or knocked over. That was just a quick look without stepping inside. It looked as if more then one monster was involved indeed.